#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 21 March 2016

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:07:08] * spronk has joined #silverstripe
2: [00:38:11] * irogue has joined #silverstripe
3: [00:39:56] <Stomach> sup irogue
4: [00:44:51] <DanaeNZ> woah hey it's irogue
5: [00:44:56] <DanaeNZ> long time no see
6: [00:45:02] <irogue> oh shit where
7: [00:45:12] <DanaeNZ> maybe an imposter
8: [00:51:07] <irogue> DanaeNZ: yeah since moving to ops I
9: [00:51:18] <irogue> *I've found myself with a bit less spare time :P
10: [00:51:33] <DanaeNZ> I guessed that was the case :D
11: [00:51:50] <DanaeNZ> things are only just starting to calm down here
12: [00:51:53] <irogue> been seeing all your intercom messages but Andrew's too fast and always beats me to them :P
13: [00:52:02] <DanaeNZ> hahaha :D
14: [00:52:08] <DanaeNZ> I think you sent one to Al
15: [00:57:11] * DarjusIT quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
16: [01:07:14] <spronk> DEV AWPS
17: [01:07:16] <spronk> pew pew
18: [01:09:12] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
19: [01:09:51] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
20: [01:12:43] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
21: [01:14:08] <robbieaverill> Hey all - I want to create a simple "helper" class to use in my app. If it extends DataObject then it has a database table created for it - should it just extend Object instead?
22: [01:21:38] * DanaeNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
23: [01:27:37] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
24: [01:28:19] <irogue> robbieaverill: yes, DataObject is specifically for database-based objects :)
25: [01:28:23] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
26: [01:28:23] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
27: [01:30:06] <DanaeNZ> I has my coffee
28: [01:30:11] <robbieaverill> irogue: thanks - I'll switch to Object :)
29: [01:30:14] <DanaeNZ> fuck you adult onset lactose intolerence
30: [01:30:17] * Tanger has joined #silverstripe
31: [01:30:24] <DanaeNZ> gotta put almond milk in it
32: [01:30:32] <irogue> ugh
33: [01:30:35] <robbieaverill> DanaeNZ: once you go black you never go back ;)
34: [01:30:45] <irogue> i love me some lactose
35: [01:30:55] <DanaeNZ> I love me some lactase
36: [01:31:03] <DanaeNZ> that one letter difference
37: [01:31:09] <DanaeNZ> or is it galactase
38: [01:31:13] <DanaeNZ> no it's lactase
39: [01:31:21] <DanaeNZ> I usually take it black
40: [01:31:25] <DanaeNZ> wink wonk
41: [01:31:54] <vanny> hey guys
42: [01:32:02] <irogue> historically i'm about 50/50 black and white, i'm not racist
43: [01:32:26] <irogue> wait what are we talking about? ;)
44: [01:32:30] <DanaeNZ> hahaha
45: [01:32:57] <Firesphere_> Don't be racist. Be like panda
46: [01:33:11] <robbieaverill> I prefer a flat white in the morning, then plunger no milk for the rest of the day
47: [01:33:29] <irogue> plunger? kinky
48: [01:33:34] <DanaeNZ> black all day, then an almond milk mocha in the arvo
49: [01:34:43] <robbieaverill> DanaeNZ: hmmm... a certain Giphy from Community comes to mind...
50: [01:35:07] <irogue> DanaeNZ: does mocha really count as a coffee tho?
51: [01:35:12] <ss23> lol
52: [01:35:18] <ss23> I dunno lets ask cheddam
53: [01:35:24] <DanaeNZ> irogue: nah it's basically a hot chocolate
54: [01:35:31] <ss23> exactly
55: [01:35:32] <irogue> agreed
56: [01:35:33] <cheddam> GUYS
57: [01:35:37] <DanaeNZ> hi
58: [01:35:37] <cheddam> COME ON
59: [01:36:06] <DanaeNZ> i had a triple shot mocha a couple times
60: [01:36:10] <DanaeNZ> that shit is delicious
61: [01:36:20] <vanny> I've been playing with classes today trying to move one from another application into SS, and run into a hurdle. Who is up for a challenge
62: [01:36:38] <robbieaverill> vanny: I prefer high jump
63: [01:36:53] <vanny> nice
64: [01:39:35] <robbieaverill> to be fair, I've got a question regarding tagfield too. I'll (high) jump in line
65: [01:39:38] * dmc_ has joined #silverstripe
66: [01:39:38] <ss-helper> dmc_: Welcome to #silverstripe! Please ask your questions but don't leave too soon, we are a busy lot.
67: [01:39:52] <vanny> http://sspaste.com/paste/show/56ef50cd73961
68: [01:40:00] * Hailwood has joined #silverstripe
69: [01:41:41] <vanny> so I have a class and it has many class extensions, and I have been setting though all the objects, and found the error is at line 19, it never gets to the create() function in the TransactionClient
70: [01:41:51] <vanny> i dont know if that makes sense
71: [01:43:44] <robbieaverill> what's PayJunction?
72: [01:44:43] <vanny> its a payment gateway
73: [01:45:59] <robbieaverill> yeah, I mean what's the class doing
74: [01:46:03] <robbieaverill> mainly the constructor
75: [01:47:04] <vanny> it is its own class (http://sspaste.com/paste/show/56ef26f1b4f74) here are all the parts of there code
76: [01:47:33] <vanny> i know it is creating the object as I get past that point
77: [01:49:05] <robbieaverill> But it fails when you try and call create()?
78: [01:49:53] <vanny> it fails at this line
79: [01:49:53] <vanny> $this->transactionClient = new TransactionClient($this->options);
80: [01:50:35] <micmania1> vanny: how does it fail?
81: [01:51:54] <vanny> ok, it is not calling the ->create() funtion
82: [01:59:16] <robbieaverill> put error reporting to E_ALL
83: [02:02:27] <Firesphere_> Not calling the create shouldn't be a problem. More probably, there's something wrong with the TransactionClient() constructor
84: [02:05:44] <vanny> ok, it doesnt have its own public function __construct() function, could that be causing it?
85: [02:12:11] <robbieaverill> It extends PayJunction which *does* have a constructor
86: [02:12:24] <robbieaverill> We assume that the die('a'); is only for debugging and isn't actually what's causing your problem?
87: [02:14:00] <vanny> oh yeah
88: [02:16:42] <vanny> ok, it is before the ->create. it is at this line $this->transactionClient = new TransactionClient($this->options);
89: [02:17:12] <micmania1> vanny: what error are you seeing?
90: [02:17:48] <vanny> i've never had any luck with error catching. I am trying to setup that now on my windows machine
91: [02:18:02] <vanny> all I am getting is it not moving to the next line of code
92: [02:19:17] <micmania1> ini_set(‘display_errors’, 1); ini_set(‘display_startup_errors’, 1); error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
93: [02:19:34] <micmania1> add that before your code runs
94: [02:25:27] <vanny> thanks micmania1
95: [02:25:29] <vanny> Fatal error: Cannot make static method Object::create() non static in class TransactionClient in C:\data\www\personal\ki\mysite\code\PayJunctionTransactionClient.php on line 55
96: [02:26:24] <micmania1> vanny: it sounds like your code is conflicting with silverstripe. create is used internally by ss.
97: [02:27:30] <vanny> ok, that would make sense. Ill try a little rename
98: [02:38:46] * robbieaverill quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
99: [02:45:45] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
100: [03:02:48] <robbieaverill> I'm trying to push() a TagField into a FieldList from core, which is working, but when it displays it has no padding on the left which I assume means it's not part of the correct container or something - anything I've missed?
101: [03:03:24] <robbieaverill> $field = TagField::create('SourceField', 'Name', $source, $values); $list->push($field);
102: [03:03:44] <irogue> DanaeNZ, Stomach: Kris etc been looking after you for Auckland meetups? ^_^
103: [03:04:00] <robbieaverill> Specifically, it's outside of Root.Main
104: [03:04:11] <Stomach> irogue - what meetups :P
105: [03:04:19] <irogue> haha
106: [03:04:30] <irogue> that answers the question :P
107: [03:04:39] <Stomach> yeah pretty much
108: [03:04:41] <Stomach> hows wellington
109: [03:05:18] <irogue> i'll give them a bit of a prod
110: [03:05:34] <Stomach> *prod*
111: [03:05:39] <irogue> wellington's good :)
112: [03:06:24] <irogue> ops life is slowly driving me insane, as expected ;p
113: [03:06:50] <robbieaverill> If I try addFieldToTab('Root.Main', $field) then I get "[User Error] FieldList::addFieldToTab() Tried to add a tab to object 'FieldList' - 'Root' didn't exist."
114: [03:08:52] <robbieaverill> This is the extension hook I'm using: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/blob/3.3/filesystem/File.php#L441
115: [03:13:01] * Firesphere_ quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
116: [03:13:41] * Firesphere_ has joined #silverstripe
117: [03:17:47] <robbieaverill> Is it the way that the File DataObject works? Seems to be that this is a pretty standard thing to do with extensions...
118: [03:21:09] * DanaeNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
119: [03:26:53] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
120: [03:27:07] <DanaeNZ> irogue: what Auckland meetups? :D
121: [03:29:40] * micmania1 quit (Quit: micmania1)
122: [03:33:02] * robbieaverill quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
123: [03:33:09] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
124: [03:34:17] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
125: [03:36:05] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
126: [03:37:59] <Stomach> irogue - what are you opsing?
127: [03:44:50] <robbieaverill> Re: my problem earlier, I've asked it on Stack if anyone wants the rep :) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36122790/extending-file-cant-add-field-to-root-main
128: [03:45:07] <ss-helper> Extending File: can't add field to Root.Main - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36122790/extending-file-cant-add-field-to-root-main
129: [03:45:19] <robbieaverill> ss-helper: beat you to it ;)
130: [03:46:16] <irogue> Stomach: all the things. am in Ops team now.
131: [03:46:19] <DanaeNZ> wow it's nearly 5 already
132: [03:46:27] <irogue> doing all the Platforms and CWPs and stuff
133: [03:46:29] <Stomach> what happened to being a developer? :D
134: [03:46:36] <irogue> got boring :P
135: [03:47:07] <Firesphere_> irogue: doesn't platform and cwp get even more boring?
136: [03:48:30] <DanaeNZ> platform sounds hella interesting
137: [03:48:38] <DanaeNZ> and all the aws
138: [03:48:41] <DanaeNZ> autoscaling
139: [03:48:43] <DanaeNZ> stacks
140: [03:48:45] <DanaeNZ> hella
141: [03:48:59] <irogue> well ops is *all the things*
142: [03:49:19] <DanaeNZ> I wanna do all the things
143: [03:49:27] <DanaeNZ> what do you need to learn to be in ops?
144: [03:49:43] <DanaeNZ> shit my PHP is pretty dusty though
145: [03:49:51] <irogue> from setting up AWS auto-scaling to changing some text on someone's site to upgrading sites to getting woken up at 4am cos shit is broken
146: [03:49:52] <DanaeNZ> maybe I should work on the basics first
147: [03:50:21] * spronk quit (Quit: I may need a longer sleep timer...)
148: [03:50:38] <DanaeNZ> hmm that getting woken up at 4am doesn't sound super fun
149: [03:50:51] <DanaeNZ> but if there's such a thing as overtime
150: [03:50:55] <DanaeNZ> fucking yeah m8
151: [03:51:07] <irogue> basically gotta be a PHP and frontend dev, a linux sysadmin, understand all the AWS things, be good at english (for writing Incident Reports), and be good at talking to clients who are super pissed off cos their shit is broke
152: [03:52:44] <DanaeNZ> hot dayum
153: [03:53:04] <DanaeNZ> I don't like talking to clients tho
154: [03:53:06] <irogue> me, ss23 and cheddam are all Ops, and micmania1 used to be but didn't like the whole "can't drink cos on-call" thing :P
155: [03:53:25] <irogue> telling a geordie they can't drink doesn't go down well
156: [03:58:20] * robbieaverill quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
157: [04:02:23] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
158: [04:23:58] <vanny> ok can someone explain this error "Fatal error: Cannot make static method Object::create() non static in class"
159: [04:24:27] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
160: [04:39:24] * dmc_ quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
161: [04:44:05] * CodeTrap1 has joined #silverstripe
162: [04:45:28] <Firesphere_> Do you have a sspaste of that?
163: [04:46:12] * CodeTrap quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
164: [04:46:12] * CodeTrap1 is now known as CodeTrap
165: [04:46:40] <vanny> me
166: [04:48:53] <vanny> http://sspaste.com/paste/show/56ef7d098e00d im just trying to get my head around it.
167: [04:49:21] <Firesphere_> Ahhh, and guess PayJunkction extends (Data) Object?
168: [04:49:32] <vanny> yes
169: [04:49:44] <Firesphere_> Your public function create() tries to override the create method from Object, to inject classes
170: [04:50:08] <Firesphere_> Refactor it to something like "createTransaction($params)"
171: [04:50:11] <Firesphere_> And you're done.
172: [04:51:22] <vanny> ok, thanks
173: [04:52:48] <vanny> I thought I tried that and it didnt work, but its moving further now
174: [05:09:22] * _longines has joined #silverstripe
175: [05:17:09] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
176: [05:31:16] * Hailwood quit (Remote host closed the connection)
177: [05:46:18] * vanny quit (Quit: Page closed)
178: [05:51:35] * DanaeNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
179: [05:52:14] * irogue quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
180: [05:52:21] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
181: [05:57:49] * cheddam quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
182: [06:17:01] * Liquide quit ()
183: [06:31:03] * CodeTrap quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
184: [06:39:28] * DanaeNZ quit (Quit: TIME TO FEED)
185: [06:44:46] * Phlunk3 quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
186: [06:47:53] * CodeTrap has joined #silverstripe
187: [06:48:18] * Phlunk3 has joined #silverstripe
188: [07:01:24] * CodeTrap quit (Quit: CodeTrap)
189: [07:18:59] * Agilix_ has joined #silverstripe
190: [07:37:39] * swaiba has joined #silverstripe
191: [08:06:34] * arnhoe has joined #silverstripe
192: [08:45:12] <ss-helper> Redirect to another page with a 200 status code instead of 302 in SilverStripe 3.1 - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35828582/redirect-to-another-page-with-a-200-status-code-instead-of-302-in-silverstripe-3
193: [08:57:43] * DimiStripe quit (Quit: DimiStripe)
194: [08:58:03] * DimiStripe has joined #silverstripe
195: [09:05:45] * marvanni has joined #silverstripe
196: [09:13:25] * jackoconnor has joined #silverstripe
197: [09:18:55] * Mike123 has joined #silverstripe
198: [09:22:40] * vitaly_ quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
199: [09:25:12] <Mike123> how can i make public access to one of the assets folder ? so that ppl could see all files in it https://www.project.com/assets/Uploads/PublicFolder/
200: [09:25:58] <ss23> Well, they can already see the flies in there
201: [09:26:00] <ss23> Files*
202: [09:26:08] <ss23> If you want to make it so they can see the directory listing, that's an apache setting
203: [09:26:18] <ss23> Mike123: https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DirectoryListings
204: [09:26:45] <Mike123> hmm strange, i get 404 when trying to enter this folder
205: [09:26:57] <ss23> 404 indicates some other kind of issue
206: [09:27:00] <ss23> 403 would be expected though
207: [09:27:05] <ss23> 404 means perhaps it doesn't exist?
208: [09:27:09] <ss23> Maybe you have the case wrong?
209: [09:27:16] <ss23> Start with going to /assets, and if that works, try /Uploads/
210: [09:27:20] <ss23> then find the folder that "breaks" it
211: [09:27:49] <Mike123> hmm i get page not found on /assets
212: [09:27:57] <Mike123> maybe htaccess problems
213: [09:28:06] <ss23> Yeah, sounds like it
214: [09:28:07] <ss23> But
215: [09:28:13] <ss23> What about the normal assets/
216: [09:28:16] <ss23> I presume they're not accessible either?
217: [09:28:36] <Mike123> from url - no
218: [09:28:56] <ss23> Sounds like some kind of non-standard configuration then sorry
219: [09:30:07] <Mike123> is there something wrong here http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/56efbf09e9de4 ?
220: [09:30:42] <ss23> Looks normal to me
221: [09:30:52] <Mike123> hmm
222: [09:31:09] <ss23> Sure you're trying to access the right server and all that?
223: [09:31:17] <ss23> Oh, and that the assets folder actually exists of course
224: [09:31:17] <marvanni> there is a htaccess in assets as well
225: [09:31:36] <marvanni> I dont think you want to expose an assets folder with directory listing
226: [09:32:11] <marvanni> better create a tempalte that loops over the folder files and displays links to the files the can access
227: [09:32:12] <ss23> marvanni: He's just talking about doing it for a very specific folder, which would be fine, if it's intentional :)
228: [09:32:53] <marvanni> that does not mean it is a good idea?
229: [09:33:01] <Mike123> i need to make only one folder accessible for everyone
230: [09:36:03] <ss23> I don't think it's bad
231: [09:36:15] <ss23> Ugly, but not bad if intentional
232: [09:36:36] * wmk has joined #silverstripe
233: [09:38:20] <marvanni> still, <% loop Children of some Folder %> will save you the hassle of dubugging apache and htaccesfiles
234: [09:40:21] <ss23> Not in this case, since he can't access *any* assets
235: [09:40:51] <Mike123> well i would create some sort of Page where i can take all the files from that folder and just loop them
236: [09:40:58] <marvanni> ah, missed that part
237: [09:41:49] <marvanni> not even files directly? or only folders?
238: [09:42:38] <Mike123> files directly - ytes
239: [09:42:40] <Mike123> yes*
240: [09:43:44] <Mike123> i can access files directly , so looping all files in that folder is nice idea
241: [09:47:59] * Tanger quit (Quit: Tanger)
242: [10:08:07] <Audlex> what would prevent "Import" in ModelAdmin? on one 3.2 site it is there but not on the other
243: [10:08:23] <Audlex> i have checked the files and configs but see nothing
244: [10:10:56] <Audlex> scratch that ;)
245: [10:12:54] <marvanni> same codebase?
246: [10:23:35] * agent44 has joined #silverstripe
247: [10:47:17] * jcwacky has joined #silverstripe
248: [10:48:46] <Agilix_> Anyone know why the admin sometimes won't update when clicking in the navigation? It just keeps showing the page I was on. I need to do a browser refresh in order to see the selected navigation item
249: [10:51:09] * ss32noob has joined #silverstripe
250: [10:51:23] <swaiba> Agilix_ happens to me when there is an error rendering that admin
251: [11:03:48] <Agilix_> but there aren't any errors :)
252: [11:03:53] <Agilix_> and happens at random
253: [11:07:12] <swaiba> Agilix_ nothing, not even in the console? (with either the page being left or the page being navigated to? version?)
254: [11:17:22] * sunzofman has joined #silverstripe
255: [11:17:22] <ss-helper> sunzofman: Welcome to #silverstripe! Please ask your questions but don't leave too soon, we are a busy lot.
256: [11:19:39] <sunzofman> I have installed SS into a /SS subdir due to hosting constraints. Problem is there are modules that _expect_ instance to be docroot.
257: [11:20:48] <sunzofman> Is there a means to use mod_rewrite via .htaccess in /SS for those modules that insist on docroot reference?
258: [11:23:47] * kerozene quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
259: [11:24:17] <swaiba> sunzofman which module?
260: [11:24:33] <swaiba> all modules go in root (i mean depending on the use of composer)
261: [11:31:39] * kerozene has joined #silverstripe
262: [11:33:10] <sunzofman> swaiba: livechat and calendar
263: [11:33:37] <swaiba> using composer or direct download?
264: [11:37:29] <sunzofman> using composer
265: [11:45:04] <sunzofman> I'm talking about /var/www/SS instead of /var/www
266: [11:45:40] <sunzofman> It seems that a couple or modules expect /var/www as docroot
267: [11:47:30] <sunzofman> am I wrong in thinking that mod_rewrite could help?
268: [11:48:43] <sunzofman> livechat expects -> File does not exist: /var/www/livechat-com
269: [11:51:40] <jackoconnor> Does anyone have an idea as to why my AJAX call to a function returns a 404, even though the function is successfully reached and it runs ? (but it doesn’t return anything)
270: [11:53:36] * nontgor has joined #silverstripe
271: [11:53:37] * ss32noob_ has joined #silverstripe
272: [11:53:37] <ss-helper> ss32noob_: Welcome to #silverstripe! Please ask your questions but don't leave too soon, we are a busy lot.
273: [11:54:04] <ss32noob_> does anyone has an issue that their listview fails but not the treeview? or the other way around..
274: [12:14:18] <Agilix_> swaiba no, no errors. It just kind of hangs :)
275: [12:15:20] <Agilix_> jackoconnor: 404 means not found so it can't be reached successfully. Do you have the routing.yml set-up alright?
276: [12:19:00] <jackoconnor> I thought I just found the issue, but it still seems to be occuring, it’s weird because it is running the code in the function (I can tell as i’m logging some values out) but the back-end function won’t return what I have returned, and the AJAX function gives a 404 in the console
277: [12:20:12] <jackoconnor> the ajax is GET’ing from /blog/posts/1, I have this as a rule in the routes.yml “ 'posts//$Action' : 'BlogHolder_Controller’ “ and this URL handler in the controller “ '/posts/$Count' => 'getAjaxPaginatedPosts’ “
278: [12:21:09] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
279: [12:22:42] <jackoconnor> Agilix_: fyi
280: [12:30:09] * Azure|dc has joined #silverstripe
281: [12:32:33] * Azure quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
282: [12:38:22] * muskie9 quit (Quit: My Mac has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
283: [12:39:30] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
284: [12:46:06] * Azure|dc quit (Remote host closed the connection)
285: [12:46:27] * leomeloxp has joined #silverstripe
286: [12:49:30] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
287: [12:52:29] * leomeloxp is now known as leomeloxp2
288: [12:55:21] * leomeloxp2 is now known as leomeloxp
289: [13:13:06] * DarjusIT has joined #silverstripe
290: [13:14:14] <DarjusIT> Hi all, maybe someone had added js cropting tool to dropzone module? to omen in popup mark area in image and cut?
291: [13:15:39] <muskie9> DarjusIT I'm not sure if it works with it, but jonom has setup a module to use focus point https://github.com/jonom/silverstripe-focuspoint
292: [13:18:57] <DarjusIT> muskie9 thx but my clients wants to directly mark area to cut
293: [13:19:07] <DarjusIT> maybe someone tried this module https://github.com/nyeholt/silverstripe-pixlr
294: [13:19:17] <DarjusIT> I am looking for screens but no dome
295: [13:19:21] <DarjusIT> *demo
296: [13:20:08] <muskie9> I think I remember trying that a long time ago... I think it worked pretty well, looks like it's been updated fairly recently too
297: [13:26:52] <DarjusIT> You are talking about pixlr?
298: [13:27:09] <muskie9> yes, it was a long time ago though
299: [13:28:09] * sunzofman quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
300: [13:42:13] * agent44 quit (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
301: [13:49:07] * agent44 has joined #silverstripe
302: [13:58:07] * arnhoe quit ()
303: [14:06:41] <Agilix_> Can anyone see why this code is not using the provided templates? http://pastie.org/10768672
304: [14:07:50] <Agilix_> The cms shows the page but in the front-end I can't see the correct template
305: [14:08:56] <muskie9> Agilix_ you have ContactPageController, try ContactPage_Controller
306: [14:09:22] <muskie9> note the _ before Controller
307: [14:09:48] <Agilix_> So also in the name or just in the class name?
308: [14:10:28] <muskie9> just the class name... the template/layout names should match the model like you have
309: [14:10:44] <muskie9> actually, yes, the file name too... sorry
310: [14:11:36] * agent44 quit (Quit: zzz)
311: [14:14:12] * agent44 has joined #silverstripe
312: [14:15:53] <Agilix_> muskie9: sorry, no success
313: [14:16:09] <muskie9> did you dev/build and flush as well?
314: [14:16:45] <Agilix_> yes a flush on the dev/build and one on the actual page itself as I read templates might not be affected by dev/build
315: [14:17:23] <muskie9> true, usually a flush will do it for templates, but I tend to do both in case something was missed in a prev dev/build
316: [14:17:38] <Agilix_> same :)
317: [14:18:12] <muskie9> I'm not sure if the namespace stuff at the top would affect anything... I haven't used namespacing with SS yet as it's in the works for 4.x
318: [14:20:02] <muskie9> I think (and could be wrong) that with the namespace line, if you were going to include the Page class it would be use MySite\Model\Page rather than namespace...
319: [14:20:10] <Agilix_> I see
320: [14:20:19] <Agilix_> That could be it
321: [14:20:23] <Agilix_> Worth a shot
322: [14:20:29] <Agilix_> thanks!
323: [14:20:36] <muskie9> sure
324: [14:21:25] <muskie9> another thought to try is drop line 5 (namespace line) and update your class declaration to Class ContactPage extends Page (note removing \)
325: [14:24:03] <Agilix_> the first option is a negative, on to option 2
326: [14:25:31] <Agilix_> Both are a negative
327: [14:25:32] <Agilix_> damn
328: [14:25:39] <muskie9> that's odd
329: [14:26:00] <muskie9> you have the proper theme selected?
330: [14:26:08] <Agilix_> yes, all the rest is fine
331: [14:26:09] <muskie9> in the cms and set in your config.yml
332: [14:26:47] <Agilix_> yes
333: [14:27:17] <muskie9> I'm not sure then, sorry... those couple things were all that stood out to me
334: [14:29:11] <Agilix_> Hmmm ContactPage is under /mysite/code/models/Page/ContactPage.php But there is also a Page.php under /mysite/code/models/ Maybe I need to make a ContactPage there as well?
335: [14:29:28] <Agilix_> One that extends SiteTree
336: [14:34:21] <muskie9> as long as the file is in code or a sub-dir of code it should be (and sounds like it is getting) picked up... you should also be able to extend Page rather than SiteTree... I think the model is working, it's the controller portion that's causing the issue, although I can't see what at this point as the code looks good
337: [14:34:32] * marvanni quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
338: [14:35:36] * agent44 quit (Quit: Bai!)
339: [14:45:23] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
340: [14:48:58] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
341: [14:58:03] * Copperis has joined #silverstripe
342: [15:04:43] <muskie9> anyone know if this: http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/source-class-Session.html#612-622 is in minutes/secs/etc
343: [15:05:07] <muskie9> nvm, it's in seconds
344: [15:05:23] <swaiba> muskie9 @param int $timeout Time until a session expires in seconds. Defaults to expire when browser is closed.
345: [15:05:48] <muskie9> swaiba reading normal words is hard ;P
346: [15:06:09] <swaiba> muskie9 we all have a our days :)
347: [15:06:20] <muskie9> waiting for coffee to kick in
348: [15:06:46] * Agilix_ quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
349: [15:23:52] <nontgor> muskie9: Fortnights :-P
350: [15:57:44] * jcwacky quit (Quit: jcwacky)
351: [16:08:44] * Mike123 quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
352: [16:23:15] <DarjusIT> has some one used https://github.com/webfox/silverstripe-dropzone-sortable
353: [16:23:17] <DarjusIT> ?
354: [16:36:37] * nontgor quit (Remote host closed the connection)
355: [16:43:12] * ss32noob quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
356: [16:44:18] * ss32noob_ quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
357: [17:08:16] <jackoconnor> Does anybody know how I can add a requirements path to my JavaScript file in my module without referencing the module name? My controller i’m using is in the code folder, and my javascript file is in the ‘JavaScript’ folder which is at the same level as code
358: [17:08:33] * marvanni has joined #silverstripe
359: [17:15:29] <ss-helper> Re: [silverstripe-dev] Preferred method for converting framework to PSR-2 - https://groups.google.com/d/msg/silverstripe-dev/IoMtKlju3Rc/yYZ5vOfMCQAJ
360: [17:48:35] * wmk quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
361: [17:49:29] * leomeloxp quit (Remote host closed the connection)
362: [17:50:03] * leomeloxp has joined #silverstripe
363: [17:53:40] * jackoconnor has left #silverstripe
364: [17:54:16] * leomeloxp quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
365: [17:54:16] <marvanni> One thing I always wonder when I do : ArrayList::create() of SomeFormField::create(). : why not use just plain old new ArrayList() or Field
366: [17:55:00] <marvanni> chances are very small that i will ever need to substiture ArrayList wirh use custom class..
367: [17:55:13] <marvanni> substitute
368: [17:58:53] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
369: [18:06:21] <muskie9> marvanni I think it's to chain methods, i.e. ArrayList::create()->toArray() or ArrayList::create()->map()... stuff like that... MyField::create('Name')->setTitle('Title of field')->setValue('some value')
370: [18:07:08] <marvanni> you can do that by (new Object())->doMethod()->doOtherMethod();
371: [18:08:03] <muskie9> interesting, didn't know that
372: [18:13:58] * wmk has joined #silverstripe
373: [18:19:01] * muskie9 quit (Quit: My Mac has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
374: [18:20:06] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
375: [18:23:05] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
376: [18:47:49] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
377: [18:50:09] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
378: [19:05:16] * leomeloxp has joined #silverstripe
379: [19:09:39] * leomeloxp quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
380: [19:25:07] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
381: [19:40:50] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
382: [19:46:54] * robbieaverill quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
383: [19:50:22] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
384: [19:55:53] * adrexia has joined #silverstripe
385: [20:00:27] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
386: [20:08:04] <muskie9> anyone know if $url_handlers work like $allowed_actions in Extensions applied to a Controller
387: [20:10:41] * neomang quit (Quit: Page closed)
388: [20:16:40] * irogue has joined #silverstripe
389: [20:18:15] * cheddam has joined #silverstripe
390: [20:21:18] <wmk> muskie9, in theory, yes, but you cannot change the order of $url_handlers...?
391: [20:22:30] <muskie9> that might actually be the issue, if the order on the controller is just pushing the key => val pairs from the extension to the end of that array
392: [20:24:10] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
393: [20:25:20] <wmk> muskie9, afaik it is. had troubles with that some time ago.
394: [20:25:29] <muskie9> injector it is lol
395: [20:25:40] <wmk> injector?
396: [20:25:47] <wmk> inspector injector?
397: [20:26:23] <muskie9> use injector to use a diff controller class, or would that not work either (to re-declare the order)
398: [20:27:06] <wmk> dunno
399: [20:28:07] <muskie9> we'll give it a try and see what happens... still learning when it comes to routing and url handlers, so I may be missing something somewhere too
400: [20:29:50] <wmk> yup
401: [20:29:58] <wmk> xdebug is a good friend there
402: [20:30:08] <wmk> you might tweak config in onBeforeInit() ...
403: [20:30:09] * marvanni quit (Quit: marvanni)
404: [20:30:18] <muskie9> good call
405: [20:32:00] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
406: [20:34:59] * robbieaverill quit (Remote host closed the connection)
407: [20:35:16] <DarjusIT> Hi all I am using dropzone for image uploading and I have a clue how to add uploaded files to dropzone FileAttachmentField::create('EstateImages') | estate images related with $has_many
408: [20:35:34] <DarjusIT> Hi all I am using dropzone for image uploading and I have not a clue how to add uploaded files to dropzone FileAttachmentField::create('EstateImages') | estate images related with $has_many
409: [20:39:07] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
410: [20:39:33] * robbieaverill has moved from web IRC to an app - automatic reconnection #winning
411: [20:47:40] * gelignite has joined #silverstripe
412: [20:48:07] * vitaly_ has joined #silverstripe
413: [20:49:10] * Pyromanik has joined #silverstripe
414: [20:53:19] * leomeloxp has joined #silverstripe
415: [20:57:58] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
416: [20:58:15] * leomeloxp quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
417: [21:01:07] * BrewNaked has joined #silverstripe
418: [21:07:09] <BrewNaked> Salutations... could someone please confirm for me whether or not the default HTMLEditorField uses shortcodes for insert images into HTML content?
419: [21:07:58] <BrewNaked> I'm seeing that the documentation mentions that it *does*, but in my most recent SS v3.3 installation, I'm seeing only HTML image tag content being used.
420: [21:14:06] <muskie9> BrewNaked when I add an image with the insert media and check the db it has the <img> tag with the path to the image
421: [21:15:24] <ss-helper> Silverstripe File missing description - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34352913/silverstripe-file-missing-description
422: [21:15:49] <BrewNaked> That's what I'm seeing as well. If I use the Files module in the CMS, move the image to a different folder or rename it, it breaks in the editor and on the published page. I'm hoping to find a way to use shortcodes so that it can track it by ID and not break like that.
423: [21:16:43] <BrewNaked> The documentation on HTMLEditorField (https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/3.3/developer_guides/forms/field_types/htmleditorfield) mentions that shortcodes are used for both image and embed information.
424: [21:16:54] <BrewNaked> ...but that doesn't appear to be the case?
425: [21:17:41] <muskie9> docs may not have been updated if there was a change, although that seems like a pretty big change to not be documented
426: [21:17:49] <muskie9> anything in change logs?
427: [21:21:21] <robbieaverill> anyone here overly familiar with TagField and/or jQuery Select2?
428: [21:22:39] * UncleCheese quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
429: [21:29:04] <BrewNaked> muskie9: I'm not seeing anything in the last several versions of changelogs that would indicate a move away from images being removed from using shortcodes. Minor shortcode modifications only.
430: [21:29:50] <muskie9> not sure what would've changed then, seems odd it would suddenly be using the path
431: [21:32:05] <BrewNaked> I'm seeing it the same way in my most recent v3.3 CMS as well as a v3.1.14 site.
432: [21:33:42] <micmania1> BrewNaked: that’s a known issue. Its moving to shortcodes, but not until ss 4.0
433: [21:34:26] <micmania1> BrewNaked: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/pull/1115 - I attempted to fix it but I don’t really have time. You’re more than welcome to pick it up though :)
434: [21:34:32] <BrewNaked> micmania1: Thanks for the confirmation.
435: [21:34:39] <BrewNaked> :)
436: [21:35:24] <BrewNaked> You don't want my name in any contributor lists just yet... getting there.
437: [21:35:41] * JackOconnor has joined #silverstripe
438: [21:36:51] <JackOconnor> Does anybody know why $object->renderWith('InstructorPage'); would successfully use the instructor page template but wouldn't extend the Page.ss template?
439: [21:37:18] <muskie9> JackOconnor $object->renderWith(array('InstructorPage','Page'));
440: [21:38:00] * robbieaverill quit (Remote host closed the connection)
441: [21:39:22] <JackOconnor> muskie9, I have also tried that (that is now my current code) but for some reason it still won't extend Page.ss
442: [21:39:54] <JackOconnor> If it helps, I am accessing via a url handler, it is accessing my function, finding the object and then rendering with the page
443: [21:40:07] <micmania1> JackOconnor: Is IntroctorPage in your Layout folder or just templates?
444: [21:40:11] <micmania1> InstructorPage*
445: [21:40:20] <JackOconnor> Within Layout
446: [21:40:31] <micmania1> And do you have Page.ss in templates?
447: [21:40:40] <JackOconnor> Yes that is in /templates
448: [21:41:42] <micmania1> hmmm not too sure why that wouldn’t work. Make sure you’ve flushed and then after that maybe start debugging. That should work
449: [21:41:54] <muskie9> usually when I'm doing a renderWith() I return $this->renderWith() where $this is the controller class rather than the object to be rendered in the template... I pass that in a ->customise(array()); or have a method to fetch the object that I call in the layout
450: [21:42:12] <BrewNaked> Is it not advisable to do $object->renderWith('Page', array('Layout' => $object->renderWith('InstructorPage'))) ?
451: [21:42:53] * jules0x has joined #silverstripe
452: [21:44:21] <jules0x> anyone using user defined forms? I've got a radio-group... and one of the options includes the word "can't". It appears the apostrophe prevents the submission of the value ('required' validation kicks in)
453: [21:44:35] <BrewNaked> (...assuming that $object is actually a controller, as muskie mentioned)
454: [21:44:38] <jules0x> Any tips?
455: [21:44:59] <jules0x> (going with "cannot" for now :S)
456: [21:48:02] <JackOconnor> Ok thanks i'll give that a go
457: [21:50:40] * DimiStripe quit (Quit: DimiStripe)
458: [21:51:34] * Azure has joined #silverstripe
459: [21:54:40] * DanaeNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
460: [21:54:51] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
461: [21:56:07] <Pyromanik> robbieaverill, that's not the correct question to ask
462: [21:56:22] <robbieaverill> :) I'll rephrase
463: [21:56:34] <Pyromanik> Always just ask the question :>
464: [21:57:16] <robbieaverill> I've added a TagField to the File dataobject. When I upload one, the Edit button triggers an edit form in a dropdown. The Select2 TagField element in this page has a 2px width because the select box was initially hidden. Anyone know how I can fix that?
465: [21:57:49] <Pyromanik> it what's in a dropdown?
466: [21:58:09] <Pyromanik> 'dropdown'?
467: [21:58:23] <JackOconnor> micmania1 , muskie9 , BrewNaked Your advice worked, thanks guys
468: [21:59:21] <robbieaverill> @Pyromanik yeah, it's a DropdownField which is extended by a TagField. It initializes a select2 (jQuery plugin) object which hides the original select and adds a span element which is used for autocompletion. The size for that span is set dynamically in the select2 library
469: [21:59:52] <robbieaverill> I can avoid it by replacing "$select.chosenDestroy().select2(options)" with "$select.chosenDestroy().select2(options).next().removeProp('style')" in the tagfield.js file, but I'm not sure it's the best way to fix it
470: [21:59:55] <Pyromanik> and it loads the full editform in this span?
471: [22:00:24] <robbieaverill> The File edit form is loaded dynamically when you click "Edit" after uploading a File. It's at this point that the select2 span is initialized
472: [22:00:50] <Pyromanik> Right, so you're not asking about the form, just about the field.
473: [22:00:56] <Pyromanik> So the issue with this field is...?
474: [22:01:00] <Pyromanik> it's the wrong width?
475: [22:02:13] <robbieaverill> Correct. The way that the select2 initializes works fine when you load the File's edit form in its own window, but during the file upload process the select is initially a hidden field so the select2 mimics that width and it shows up as a 1px bar instead of a full width edit field.
476: [22:02:28] <Pyromanik> right
477: [22:02:33] <Pyromanik> now I'm with ya
478: [22:03:26] <robbieaverill> Cool :)
479: [22:04:08] <Pyromanik> is there no option on the select2 api to set the width?
480: [22:04:10] <robbieaverill> So yeah, the <span> that is the select2 field (dynamically injected) is created with style="width: 2px", so using "... .next().removeProp('style')" can fix the problem, but I'm not convinced it's the best way to fix it
481: [22:04:15] <Pyromanik> or set the element to take the width from?
482: [22:04:53] <Pyromanik> if so set it to the textfield (input, whatever it is)
483: [22:04:54] <robbieaverill> There might be a workaround similar to this: http://stackoverflow.com/a/13543317/2812842
484: [22:05:24] <Pyromanik> or if just a width, set that to the input width, and probably add a resize handler.
485: [22:05:35] <Pyromanik> or width 100% or something
486: [22:05:37] <Pyromanik> idk, sorry.
487: [22:05:55] <Pyromanik> editing module core js not ideal though, no.
488: [22:05:57] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
489: [22:06:03] <robbieaverill> Yeah, agreed
490: [22:06:03] <Pyromanik> But Requirements is a bit limited in that respect.
491: [22:06:26] <Pyromanik> I had some stuff for that a number of years back, but it was a faff on at best.
492: [22:06:40] <robbieaverill> I'm only a few weeks old with SilverStripe but totally new to the Javascript framework, so have been battling my way through with the help of our of our frontend devs :)
493: [22:06:54] <Pyromanik> there isn't a framework :<
494: [22:07:23] <robbieaverill> Haha, good to know :)
495: [22:07:37] <Pyromanik> There's a rudimentary include/exclude <file> call, but not much beyond that.
496: [22:08:01] <Pyromanik> It's been noted for some time now. Years like. Just never high on priority list.
497: [22:08:07] <robbieaverill> Fair enough
498: [22:08:35] <Pyromanik> so you could go and block the tagfield initalisation script, then require your own replacement.
499: [22:08:39] <Pyromanik> that'd probably work.
500: [22:09:00] <robbieaverill> Yeah, that's going to be my plan B if 30 minutes of "trying to do it cleaner" fails me
501: [22:09:02] <robbieaverill> Thanks for your help
502: [22:09:06] <Pyromanik> but then there's all kinds of nonsense around using entwine
503: [22:09:08] <Pyromanik> so...
504: [22:09:16] <Pyromanik> my question basically boils down to:
505: [22:09:17] <robbieaverill> Hahah, there sure is :)
506: [22:09:23] <Pyromanik> Why select2 over chosen?
507: [22:09:47] <robbieaverill> Ours is not to question why
508: [22:09:57] <Pyromanik> chosen is already there, already works, gives a consistent feel.
509: [22:10:25] <robbieaverill> Makes sense to me. Perhaps I should log an issue on the tagfield repo?
510: [22:10:48] <Pyromanik> I hear select2 is lighter (file size or whatever), but that's irrelevant since chosen is loaded anyway (rest of CMS)
511: [22:10:58] <Pyromanik> robbieaverill, but what is the issue with chosen?
512: [22:11:27] <robbieaverill> TBH, I have no idea. I'm just trying to implement the tagfield as OOB via their documentation
513: [22:11:40] <Pyromanik> well chosen should already work :<
514: [22:11:55] <Pyromanik> The issue so far as I can see it is that you're trying to replace chosen with select2
515: [22:11:59] <Pyromanik> which afaik is not OOB
516: [22:12:03] <robbieaverill> I'm not, tagfield is :)
517: [22:12:05] * spronk has joined #silverstripe
518: [22:12:28] <robbieaverill> rel: https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-tagfield/tree/master/js
519: [22:12:42] <Pyromanik> o.0
520: [22:12:46] <Pyromanik> who the fuck did that -.-
521: [22:12:53] <Pyromanik> and what were they thinking?
522: [22:12:53] <robbieaverill> lol
523: [22:13:48] * muskie9 quit (Quit: My Mac has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
524: [22:14:39] <Pyromanik> https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-tagfield/tree/0.4
525: [22:14:44] <Pyromanik> used to not use select2
526: [22:15:19] <Pyromanik> used to use jquery-tags
527: [22:15:31] <Pyromanik> why the hell someone changed that I dunno.
528: [22:16:16] <irogue> the UI of tagfield changed significantly
529: [22:16:27] <robbieaverill> Anyway, I'll battle my way through with what's there :)
530: [22:16:46] <Pyromanik> :<
531: [22:16:54] <Pyromanik> yeah irogue, I guess that much.
532: [22:17:03] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
533: [22:17:06] <Pyromanik> But again it comes back to... why not chosen?
534: [22:17:16] <Pyromanik> select2 and chosen do bascially the same thing afaik.
535: [22:17:28] <Pyromanik> how the hell does one get a f'n log on github?
536: [22:17:57] <robbieaverill> you can do it from a file
537: [22:18:10] <Pyromanik> oh, click the commits
538: [22:18:14] <Pyromanik> label
539: [22:18:15] <Pyromanik> ffs
540: [22:18:22] <robbieaverill> or, from a folder view -> "History"
541: [22:19:47] <Pyromanik> ah yeh, ta
542: [22:20:21] <Pyromanik> but where is the view button? :<
543: [22:21:12] <Pyromanik> wholey shit ssl takes a shitload of the minutes to compile.
544: [22:21:22] * Pyromanik shrugs
545: [22:22:22] * wmk quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
546: [22:23:36] <robbieaverill> 30 minutes of "trying to do it cleaner" has become 14 and I'm over it. Time to override.
547: [22:23:50] <Pyromanik> yeh, just do it
548: [22:23:56] * Pyromanik shrugs
549: [22:23:59] <micmania1> Pyromanik: chosen doesn’t support callbacks and adding non-existent tags iirc
550: [22:24:08] <micmania1> at least not callbacks in the right places
551: [22:24:14] <Pyromanik> fair comment
552: [22:24:32] <Pyromanik> Thought there must have been a reason somewhere
553: [22:24:37] * Pyromanik just can't find it :<
554: [22:29:54] <adrexia> chosen is much less customizable than select2
555: [22:29:56] * Copperis quit (Remote host closed the connection)
556: [22:30:18] <robbieaverill> Bah - can I do a file based override of a Javascript requirement or will SS just compile everything together?
557: [22:31:01] <adrexia> You want everything except a file compiled?
558: [22:31:02] * r3v3rb has joined #silverstripe
559: [22:31:09] <r3v3rb> hi all
560: [22:31:12] <robbieaverill> I want to replace a core javascript file with my own modified version of it
561: [22:31:29] <adrexia> yep, you can replace/remove requirements
562: [22:31:35] <robbieaverill> Lovely, thanks
563: [22:31:59] <r3v3rb> why does my UserLoginForm that extends MemberLoginForm give me grief about missing argument 1
564: [22:32:09] <adrexia> https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/3.2/developer_guides/templates/requirements/#clearing-assets
565: [22:32:46] <r3v3rb> [Warning] Missing argument 1 for UserLoginForm::__construct() ^^
566: [22:35:32] * gelignite quit (Quit: http://bit.ly/1kso8Ta)
567: [22:35:39] <Pyromanik> robbieaverill, as I said earlier, you can block/add, but you can't outright /replace/
568: [22:35:51] <Pyromanik> adrexia's link has all the info tho :>
569: [22:36:00] <robbieaverill> so I need to ::clear() then ::javascript() again
570: [22:36:20] <Pyromanik> Sometimes you can run into issues with the inclusion order, but otherwise it's usually ok
571: [22:36:28] <Pyromanik> robbieaverill, yep, or ::block()
572: [22:36:37] <Pyromanik> block might be better in this case.
573: [22:36:38] <robbieaverill> Sweet, thanks
574: [22:37:43] <adrexia> robbieaverill not need to clear all though - just the one you want
575: [22:38:11] <robbieaverill> @adrexia yep, got that :) @Pyromanik thanks - working nicely
576: [22:38:36] <Pyromanik> cool, so you can keep your mods clear of the module core :>
577: [22:38:44] <Pyromanik> That's a win :>
578: [22:38:53] <Pyromanik> Of course, you could patch and pull request :P
579: [22:39:06] <Pyromanik> Then you would be core x>
580: [22:39:53] <robbieaverill> I could, but I'm still not happy with the solution, and I wouldn't want that associated to my GH handle :)
581: [22:40:11] <r3v3rb> morning Pyromanik
582: [22:40:21] <robbieaverill> I also haven't spent any time investigating flow on effects outside of the File dataobject
583: [22:41:43] * leomeloxp has joined #silverstripe
584: [22:43:04] <Pyromanik> gidday r3v3rb :>
585: [22:43:27] <robbieaverill> @r3v3rb the MemberLoginForm constructor has 5 arguments, it sounds like your UserLoginForm doesn't match the format in its own constructor? Can you paste the code for it
586: [22:43:35] <r3v3rb> oh noes, Pyromanik has gone all oz on us!
587: [22:43:37] <Pyromanik> fair call robbieaverill. In that case you could simply open an issue though ;)
588: [22:43:45] <Pyromanik> r3v3rb, it's shared.
589: [22:44:03] <r3v3rb> robbieaverill, I took the construct from MemberLoginForm :D
590: [22:45:00] <robbieaverill> @Pyromanik yeah, probably worthwhile
591: [22:45:02] <r3v3rb> robbieaverill, http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/56f07962ee32a
592: [22:45:26] <ss-helper> Error in terminal when trying to run composer - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35549822/error-in-terminal-when-trying-to-run-composer
593: [22:45:32] <robbieaverill> @r3v3rb that constructor has no purpose, but aside from that it's probably how you're instantiating the class though
594: [22:46:11] * leomeloxp quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
595: [22:46:27] <r3v3rb> hmm, through /admin as normal just wanted to substitute my UserLoginForm using yaml extension for MemberLoginForm, so that I can redirect based on users group
596: [22:47:06] <r3v3rb> so its instantiated by the original framework as far as I gather, should be a drop in replacement no?
597: [22:49:27] * Marketo has joined #silverstripe
598: [22:49:28] <ss-helper> Marketo: Welcome to #silverstripe! Please ask your questions but don't leave too soon, we are a busy lot.
599: [22:49:55] * sminnee_ has joined #silverstripe
600: [22:49:58] <Marketo> Hi :)
601: [22:50:04] <sminnee_> Hola Marketo
602: [22:50:54] <robbieaverill> @r3v3rb if it's an extension should it not extend DataExtension rather than MemberLoginForm?
603: [22:51:01] <r3v3rb> Hola? sminnee_ - you're Spanish/Mexican now? Or sipping sangria?
604: [22:51:13] <r3v3rb> robbieaverill, true!
605: [22:51:15] <r3v3rb> lol
606: [22:53:45] * sminnee_ quit (Client Quit)
607: [22:54:11] <r3v3rb> my mistake... something I said sminnee_
608: [22:58:17] * sminnee_ has joined #silverstripe
609: [22:58:19] <sminnee_> r3v3rb: being multilingual doesn’t require a change of identity. ;)
610: [22:58:38] <r3v3rb> it does for me, I like to go to Spain incognito!
611: [22:58:42] <r3v3rb> sminnee_, ^^
612: [22:58:55] <sminnee_> It’s a bit far from nZ
613: [22:59:17] <r3v3rb> well, you might have got lost on the way back from the EU Conference ;)
614: [23:00:01] * ss-helper quit (Remote host closed the connection)
615: [23:00:13] * ss-helper has joined #silverstripe
616: [23:00:14] <Firesphere_> Goddammit. Stupid government. Stop withdrawing taxes I don't have to pay anymore!
617: [23:01:08] <r3v3rb> SS really requires a more intelligent login system for framework only installations -> the premise that logging in will always want to return to the admin system is incorrect - a user of a site would want to be returned to a controller that kicks of the application... Maybe?
618: [23:01:16] <Pyromanik> o.0 the government has access to your bank account Firesphere_ ?
619: [23:01:32] <Firesphere_> Yeah, auto-withdraw thingy?
620: [23:01:45] <r3v3rb> Firesphere_, Direct Debit in the UK
621: [23:01:48] <Pyromanik> not a thing anywhere I've lived.
622: [23:01:54] <Firesphere_> Yeah, Direct Debit
623: [23:02:03] <Pyromanik> r3v3rb, direct debit is what it's called, but I've never had the govt ask for that.
624: [23:02:07] <r3v3rb> :( Firesphere_ cancel them all
625: [23:02:08] <Firesphere_> In the Netherlands, you pay taxes for sewer and garbage etc.
626: [23:02:15] <Firesphere_> And I set it to automatic
627: [23:02:17] <Pyromanik> and the above reason is the exact reason I wouldn't set one up anyway.
628: [23:02:18] <r3v3rb> doh!
629: [23:02:21] * DarjusIT quit (Quit: Leaving)
630: [23:02:22] * sminnee_ quit (Client Quit)
631: [23:02:39] <Firesphere_> And now, they just keep taking money away from me. Indeed need to cancel it
632: [23:02:51] * sminnee_ has joined #silverstripe
633: [23:02:55] <r3v3rb> humpff, my login redirect is failing... :(
634: [23:02:58] * r3v3rb sad
635: [23:03:01] <Pyromanik> Hola sminnee_ :>
636: [23:03:05] * r3v3rb goes to bed instead
637: [23:03:18] <r3v3rb> Bonour sminnee_ !
638: [23:03:24] <r3v3rb> Bonjour* even
639: [23:03:38] <r3v3rb> Guten Tag sminnee_
640: [23:03:43] <robbieaverill> Sup
641: [23:03:43] <Pyromanik> gn r3v3rb, hope the missus is over that flu
642: [23:03:47] <r3v3rb> Howdy sminnee_ ;)
643: [23:03:48] <Pyromanik> ;>
644: [23:04:02] <r3v3rb> Pyromanik, only on Wednesdays Pyromanik ;)
645: [23:04:16] * sminnee_ quit (Client Quit)
646: [23:04:30] <r3v3rb> oh for god sake sminnee_ what are you doing!
647: [23:04:42] <Pyromanik> configuring the client? idk.
648: [23:04:48] * Pyromanik shrugs
649: [23:05:04] * sminnee_ has joined #silverstripe
650: [23:05:06] * sminnee_ quit (Client Quit)
651: [23:05:09] <Pyromanik> ROFL
652: [23:05:31] * r3v3rb thinks tomorrow will get login redirection working
653: [23:05:43] <Pyromanik> tomorrow's another day :>
654: [23:05:52] <Pyromanik> g'nite
655: [23:05:57] <robbieaverill> @r3v3rb start the day with an extra strong coffee and a cheeky durry and you'll be sweet as
656: [23:06:05] <Pyromanik> lulz cheeky durry
657: [23:06:27] <r3v3rb> robbieaverill, string coffee is always a good way to start a day
658: [23:06:40] <Pyromanik> Dunno about you but I prefer to sip it, not string it.
659: [23:06:46] <Pyromanik> but always strong :>
660: [23:06:46] <robbieaverill> speaking of, I missed mine this morning - back in a bit
661: [23:06:51] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
662: [23:07:19] <r3v3rb> bloody surface keyboard and its squished up keys!
663: [23:07:27] <Pyromanik> kekeke
664: [23:08:40] <r3v3rb> Pyromanik, you busy today?
665: [23:08:55] <Pyromanik> Not overly.
666: [23:09:01] <Pyromanik> But it's half over :/
667: [23:09:34] * AdRiAn_s has joined #silverstripe
668: [23:09:46] <r3v3rb> fancy getting group based redirection working, ie not an admin redirect 'here' else go to /admin
669: [23:11:31] <r3v3rb> right i'm outta here. catch up later
670: [23:11:34] <r3v3rb> :P
671: [23:12:51] * sminnee_ has joined #silverstripe
672: [23:18:42] <sminnee_> Bienvenue r3v3rb Pyromanik
673: [23:18:44] * robbieaverill quit (Remote host closed the connection)
674: [23:19:17] <AdRiAn_s> Iv just upgrade my server from php 5.4 to 5.6 and my SS install appears to work fine except I now have a permission error. When I do a flush or a log is written I get Permission denied for unlink in GD.php:535 and in LogFileWritter line 65. Do I need to change anything permission anywhere after doing the upgrade?? Any ideas or help would be appreci
675: [23:19:17] <AdRiAn_s> ated!
676: [23:22:03] * DanaeNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
677: [23:22:27] * robbieaverill has joined #silverstripe
678: [23:23:33] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
679: [23:23:52] * JackOconnor quit (Quit: Leaving)
680: [23:24:12] <Firesphere_> You shouldn't need to change any permissions, but you could try removing the cache directory
681: [23:24:49] <AdRiAn_s> where is the cache dir?
682: [23:25:04] <Pyromanik> r3v3rb, I can do that.
683: [23:25:17] <Pyromanik> But I'm guessing you wanted it before the morning :P
684: [23:25:18] <Firesphere_> Depends. Could be in /tmp, or if there's a directory silverstripe-cache in your root
685: [23:26:11] <Pyromanik> AdRiAn_s, if I'm right (iirc Firesphere_ ) creating silverstripe-cache in the installation root will cause it to use that, will it not?
686: [23:26:28] <Pyromanik> although that in itself needs permission fiddles :<
687: [23:26:32] <Firesphere_> Yep, it will
688: [23:26:38] <Pyromanik> but at least you know where the cache files are for each install
689: [23:27:08] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
690: [23:28:14] <AdRiAn_s> imagejpeg(/home/ovesco/public_html/assets/_resampled/PadWyI5MCIsIjkwIiwiRkZGRkZGIl0-Protex-Over-Centre-Catch-ZP-Steel_1152-42_P.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied
691: [23:28:40] <AdRiAn_s> currently the permission denied is for assets. will creating the cache dir fix that then?
692: [23:28:45] <Pyromanik> no
693: [23:29:02] <AdRiAn_s> to me it look slike it cant resize images
694: [23:29:09] <AdRiAn_s> not sure if a cahce dir would do anything???
695: [23:29:14] <Pyromanik> You updated your system, best check that it didn't also update the configuration.
696: [23:29:31] <AdRiAn_s> config where?
697: [23:29:36] <Pyromanik> apache
698: [23:29:44] <Pyromanik> assuming you run mod_php
699: [23:30:21] <AdRiAn_s> erm maybe :S
700: [23:30:24] <AdRiAn_s> lol
701: [23:31:14] <AdRiAn_s> my hosting ocmpany did the update so will have to check with them about files changing. Is there anywhere specific they should look?
702: [23:31:35] <Firesphere_> chmod the asset dir and it's descendants to 755, you can do that from your client.
703: [23:31:37] <Pyromanik> Can't say.
704: [23:31:50] <Pyromanik> just change the permissions on the dir will probably fix it.
705: [23:31:54] <Pyromanik> but dunno what to
706: [23:31:56] * Pyromanik shrugs
707: [23:32:34] <AdRiAn_s> well assets is already 755 so is _resampled
708: [23:32:45] <AdRiAn_s> files inside seem to be 664
709: [23:33:26] <AdRiAn_s> why would it have worked before? does SS on 5.6 need diff permissions for files?
710: [23:33:27] <Pyromanik> probably to do with ownership, or the fact that it's in your home dir, idk.
711: [23:33:29] <Pyromanik> ask host.
712: [23:33:34] <Pyromanik> Nothing to do with ss.
713: [23:34:03] <Pyromanik> I mean, other than it is the app trying to write/read from that location.
714: [23:34:31] <AdRiAn_s> so they would have F'ed something up or changed settings or something then?
715: [23:35:10] <Pyromanik> likely some auto generated config got updated, or there's some difference in the versions that is listed in the changelogs but you haven't read because you're not sysops.
716: [23:35:14] <Firesphere_> Possibly/probably, yes
717: [23:36:09] <AdRiAn_s> great. so now I have a to deal with them and hope they can get to the bottom of it. Sounds like a fun morningfor me :( thanks guys!!!!!
718: [23:36:46] <Firesphere_> Good luck!
719: [23:48:13] <Pyromanik> Unfortunately AdRiAn_s I don't imagine them being of much help, they seldom are :/
720: [23:48:17] * DanaeNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
721: [23:48:32] <Pyromanik> It'll likely be some small nuance, easy to overlook.
722: [23:49:00] <Pyromanik> perhaps ownership of the folder, or some folder in the tree until that point, and permissions in apache/php have been tightened around that kinda access.
723: [23:49:12] <AdRiAn_s> ticket has been lodged. Now to wait and see what they come back with. I dare say the first response will be its a script error and out of their control
724: [23:49:24] <Pyromanik> since you're hosting from home dir, I'd look at userdirs module, and php changelogs.
725: [23:49:54] * micmania1 quit (Quit: micmania1)
726: [23:50:10] <Pyromanik> AdRiAn_s, yeah, they'll do whatever they can to be able to charge for any time spent sorting this out.
727: [23:50:24] <Pyromanik> (ie. make it not a screwup caused by upgrade)
728: [23:50:25] <AdRiAn_s> indeed :(
729: [23:50:36] <Pyromanik> And with that, I think it must be time for the lunch.
730: [23:51:09] <Pyromanik> The lunch time irogue! But today it's home made seeded bun & salad filling :<
731: [23:51:13] <AdRiAn_s> haha, enjoy. For me its time for a morning tea - a hot cross bun and a tea :)
732: [23:52:41] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
733: [23:55:36] * DanaeNZ has joined #silverstripe
734: [23:57:46] <Pyromanik> nom
735: [23:57:50] <Pyromanik> I have hot cross buns too
736: [23:57:55] <Pyromanik> but a distinct lack of butter :<
737: [23:58:23] <Pyromanik> Maybe enough for 1 bun
738: [23:58:24] * r3v3rb quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
739: [23:58:29] <Pyromanik> so... not partaking atm
740: [23:58:40] <Pyromanik> Instead I eat half rotten cucumber
741: [23:59:08] * sminnee_ quit (Quit: sminnee_)

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.