#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 7 November 2014

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:03:00] * Stomach_ is now known as Stomach
2: [00:06:43] <Colin[pi]> tinymce and I are having a fight, I will win
3: [00:07:58] <Ryan-Toast> Colin[pi]: TinyMCE doesn’t not waver.
4: [00:08:03] <Colin[pi]> ugh
5: [00:08:05] <Ryan-Toast> it does not show mercy
6: [00:08:07] <Colin[pi]> it's being such a bitch
7: [00:08:24] <Ryan-Toast> Last chapter of Naruto has been read.
8: [00:08:27] <Ryan-Toast> Wow.
9: [00:08:30] <Ryan-Toast> 10 years
10: [00:08:36] <Ryan-Toast> it’s been a trip.
11: [00:09:23] * jedateach quit (Quit: jedateach)
12: [00:09:27] <Colin[pi]> good ending?
13: [00:09:37] <Kolin> happy ending?
14: [00:11:52] <DimiStripe> simon_w|work: Simon - can you take a look : http://sspaste.com/paste/show/545c08e05798d . It looks like it queries twice - first one without limit, the second LIMIT=200 (comes from ModelAdmin)
15: [00:12:07] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
16: [00:12:39] <simon_w|work> DimiStripe, can you pastie your ModelAdmin class?
17: [00:12:59] <DimiStripe> Oh, I think i found it
18: [00:13:05] <DimiStripe> i've got ID in summary fields
19: [00:13:13] <DimiStripe> which loads all IDs to a dropdown box
20: [00:13:15] <DimiStripe> :)
21: [00:13:24] <DimiStripe> in Filter csection
22: [00:14:05] <mudmonth> how do i disable preview for just one page? if i manually .entwine().changeMode('content') then i have to do it again when that page is left to put it back which is annoying
23: [00:14:38] <DimiStripe> Oh, yes - that was it ...
24: [00:15:00] <DimiStripe> Can I see ID in summary but remove it from Filter ?
25: [00:15:35] <simon_w|work> DimiStripe, $searchable_fields
26: [00:15:51] <mudmonth> right now i'm doing this $('.cms-container').entwine().on('afterstatechange', patchInterface); and patchInterface looks at the current preview child
27: [00:15:57] <mudmonth> which seems a bit poor on my part
28: [00:16:41] <DimiStripe> simon_w|work: Much better . Thanks ! :)
29: [00:18:01] * jedateach has joined #silverstripe
30: [00:18:40] * camfindlay quit (Changing host)
31: [00:18:40] * camfindlay has joined #silverstripe
32: [00:25:13] * madmatt quit (Changing host)
33: [00:25:13] * madmatt has joined #silverstripe
34: [00:26:35] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
35: [00:26:45] * DimiStripe quit (Quit: DimiStripe)
36: [00:28:57] <adrexia> mudmonth, docs seem to say that preview will be reenabled itself
37: [00:28:59] <adrexia> http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/reference/preview
38: [00:29:18] <Colin[pi]> fuck you tinymce
39: [00:30:01] <JeremyRoundill> ^ this
40: [00:30:20] <UncleCheese> ha
41: [00:30:27] <UncleCheese> tinymce4 is boss
42: [00:30:43] * Hailwood has joined #silverstripe
43: [00:30:45] <Colin[pi]> does anyone know how I can prevent it from removing empty <p> tags?
44: [00:30:52] <UncleCheese> yes
45: [00:30:55] <Colin[pi]> even with an &nbsp; inside
46: [00:31:03] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
47: [00:31:05] <UncleCheese> check HTMLText::hasValue
48: [00:31:34] <Colin[pi]> really? hmm
49: [00:32:04] <Colin[pi]> but that's server side, right?
50: [00:32:09] <Hailwood> Has anyone here had any luck integrating automatic sharing of posts to facebook?
51: [00:32:45] <JeremyRoundill> Nah, I can give you some example stuff for the facebook SDK though.
52: [00:32:57] <JeremyRoundill> The biggest pain is navigating the OAuth handshake.
53: [00:34:07] <mudmonth> adrexia i think changeMode() is the same as choosing it from the menu, it's sticky forever as i notice it updates a Local Storage value
54: [00:34:23] <mudmonth> so there must be a better transitory way to do it
55: [00:34:55] * spronk2 has joined #silverstripe
56: [00:35:17] <Hailwood> JeremyRoundill: Yeah, from what I gather there is no way to do it silently (aka some sort of Page_secret or similar to access the page)
57: [00:38:46] <JeremyRoundill> Yeah, it's pretty gross.
58: [00:40:22] <mudmonth> ahh great, adrexia i was just being a bit derpy
59: [00:40:25] <mudmonth> wrong api method
60: [00:41:12] <adrexia> hahah
61: [00:41:40] <adrexia> I haven't actually tried turning preview off yet
62: [00:42:03] <mudmonth> i've been messing with it a fair bit
63: [00:42:06] <adrexia> there should probably be an example of how to turn it off for certain page types - since that's the egenral usecase
64: [00:42:13] <mudmonth> because i have 4 site trees with different domains
65: [00:42:21] <mudmonth> and i made a module so i can preview dataobjects
66: [00:42:29] <mudmonth> but it's all working nice now
67: [00:42:36] <adrexia> really I would feel more comfortableif there were a method on page that turned it off
68: [00:42:38] <mudmonth> so 4 brands can be managed with the same shared product catalog
69: [00:43:02] * adrexia nods
70: [00:45:01] <mahfuz> Hi everyone. Can anyone help me with the following code - http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/545c10f74f66f
71: [00:45:20] <Ryan-Toast> mahfuz, that is indeed code.
72: [00:45:27] <mudmonth> confirmed code
73: [00:45:53] <ss23> camfindlay said you noobs on here wanted a PR for blocking access to markdown files
74: [00:45:56] <ss23> I'm saying that's stupid
75: [00:45:56] <ss23> just #fyi
76: [00:49:17] <spronk2> hmm
77: [00:49:26] <spronk2> why?
78: [00:49:33] <oddnoc> More like lawful neutral.
79: [00:49:35] <spronk2> ss23
80: [00:49:51] <ss23> Because it gives a false sense of "Yay now people don't know what versions or modules I'm using", that's the negative
81: [00:49:54] <ss23> It provides no positives
82: [00:49:55] * UncleCheese quit (Changing host)
83: [00:49:56] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
84: [00:49:56] <ss23> So it's negative overall
85: [00:50:00] <spronk2> well
86: [00:50:09] <spronk2> thats not quite true
87: [00:50:22] <spronk2> leaving it there is an information leakage vulnerability
88: [00:50:27] <spronk2> not just for modules people are using
89: [00:50:33] <spronk2> positive is that it plugs the vulnerability :)
90: [00:50:45] <micmania1> spronk2: Feel free to send PRs to each module :p
91: [00:50:46] <ss23> ...
92: [00:50:49] <ss23> spronk2: Pretty sure no it doesn't
93: [00:50:59] <spronk2> it plugs part of it
94: [00:51:04] <ss23> spronk2: It plugs no meaningful part
95: [00:51:07] <oddnoc> Anyone who wants this can just do it in their webserver config.
96: [00:51:25] <spronk2> well, the fact i can read developer comments on govt sites is a bit ... lol
97: [00:51:25] <ss23> If you want to say "We should prevent people knowing what modules are installed", that's fine, but it's not fine to do it inconsistently.
98: [00:51:48] <ss23> Doing it in a half-assed way that gives people the illusion of "plugging the vuln" is bullshit
99: [00:51:54] <mahfuz> Any help on this please - http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/545c10f74f66f
100: [00:51:55] <ss23> It plugs absolutely nothing meaningful
101: [00:51:55] <micmania1> Blocking markdown files is not the way to go.
102: [00:51:55] <ss23> :/
103: [00:52:03] <spronk2> why *wouldn't* you block the markdown files?
104: [00:52:07] <ss23> spronk2: BECAUSE It'S RETARDED
105: [00:52:09] <ss23> FUCKING
106: [00:52:11] <ss23> spronk2: READ WHAT I SSAID
107: [00:52:15] <ss23> 13:49:51 <@ss23> Because it gives a false sense of "Yay now people don't know what versions or modules I'm using", that's the negative
108: [00:52:18] <ss23> 13:49:54 <@ss23> It provides no positives
109: [00:52:20] <spronk2> that's not all it does
110: [00:52:21] <micmania1> Modules include tests and all sort of diferent files - all accesible to test modules and their versions.
111: [00:52:22] <spronk2> my point is more
112: [00:52:24] <irogue_> ss23: to be fair, it wasn't a silverstripe PR
113: [00:52:28] <spronk2> why is markdown unblocked?
114: [00:52:34] <ss23> spronk2: SO THAT PEOPLE CAN READ DOCS
115: [00:52:39] <spronk2> ... from the web?
116: [00:52:40] <ss23> I for one know I've put site documentation there for people to read
117: [00:52:41] <irogue_> doing it in ss-installer I'd agree is meh
118: [00:52:43] <ss23> Yes, from the bloody web
119: [00:52:48] <spronk2> the fuck, ss23
120: [00:52:50] <ss23> And once again
121: [00:52:52] <ss23> BLOCKING IT IS NEGATIVe
122: [00:52:59] <ss23> Blocking it would 3:52:16 <@ss23> 13:49:51 <@ss23> Because it gives a false sense of "Yay now people don't know what versions or modules I'm using", that's the negative
123: [00:53:00] <spronk2> so you can explicitly allow it for your site
124: [00:53:02] <ss23> 13:52:16 <@ss23> 13:49:54 <@ss23> It provides no positives
125: [00:53:05] <ss23> 3:52:16 <@ss23> 13:49:51 <@ss23> Because it gives a false sense of "Yay now people don't know what versions or modules I'm using", that's the negative
126: [00:53:08] <ss23> 13:52:16 <@ss23> 13:49:54 <@ss23> It provides no positives
127: [00:53:11] <ss23> 3:52:16 <@ss23> 13:49:51 <@ss23> Because it gives a false sense of "Yay now people don't know what versions or modules I'm using", that's the negative
128: [00:53:13] <JeremyRoundill> HAHAHAHA
129: [00:53:14] <ss23> 13:52:16 <@ss23> 13:49:54 <@ss23> It provides no positives
130: [00:53:17] <ss23> spronk2: You need to fucking read
131: [00:53:19] <spronk2> you are so very wrong, ss23
132: [00:53:34] <JeremyRoundill> How long have you two been married?
133: [00:53:35] <irogue_> but in CWP, it sounds like something the govt would be fond of
134: [00:53:37] <ss23> WELL I THINK YOU'RE WRONG
135: [00:53:37] <spronk2> :D
136: [00:53:44] <ss23> irogue_: God knows that's true
137: [00:53:47] <madmatt> JeremyRoundill: rofl
138: [00:53:51] <ss23> After they were like "Hey guys, lets support IPv6!"
139: [00:53:56] <micmania1> md files are a very small vector for finding the version of a module or whether one is installed. Blocking markdown is not the solution.
140: [00:53:57] <spronk2> lets put it this way: IMO the default configuration for SS should be to block all file downloads, period
141: [00:53:59] <ss23> followed by "WE NEED A WAF, IT DOESN'T SUPPORT IPv6 BUT THAT'S FINE"
142: [00:54:13] <ss23> spronk2: You need to justfiy *why*
143: [00:54:26] <ss23> spronk2: You're asking for a change that is negative in the way I described without describing a single positive aspect
144: [00:54:28] <irogue_> ss23: it was only a PR to cwp-installer, not to SS itself
145: [00:54:30] <micmania1> spronk2: including images?
146: [00:54:37] <spronk2> micmania1 images outside a specific location, yes
147: [00:54:47] <ss23> irogue_: I know
148: [00:54:48] <micmania1> how is that specific location defined?
149: [00:54:58] <spronk2> start with the default state of blocking everything, then add exceptions for everything that needs to be excepted - like css, images
150: [00:54:59] <ss23> And CWP is fucking retarded, I'll admit. I wouldn't be surprised if it was merged there
151: [00:55:04] <ss23> I just think it's a horribly negative thing, like most of CWP
152: [00:55:13] <irogue_> ss23: just making sure you know. govt have weird expectations around such things
153: [00:55:54] <micmania1> If there are sensitive files in modules the module should block them - its not the job of CWP to mess with other peoples code.
154: [00:56:10] <spronk2> sigh
155: [00:56:21] <spronk2> the fact that SS's entire webroot is fully open is absurd
156: [00:56:28] <irogue_> if someone wrote a swear in a README.md in a module that ended up being used in CWP, and someone could access that swear at http://www.govt.nz/something/README.md - the govt would throw such a wobbly about that :P
157: [00:56:36] <ss23> spronk2: Once again, 13:51:25 <@ss23> If you want to say "We should prevent people knowing what modules are installed", that's fine, but it's not fine to do it inconsistently.
158: [00:56:41] <ss23> 13:51:48 <@ss23> Doing it in a half-assed way that gives people the illusion of "plugging the vuln" is bullshit
159: [00:56:50] <spronk2> ss23 i'm not talking about "what modules are installed" man
160: [00:56:59] <ss23> What else are you talking about?
161: [00:57:04] <micmania1> irogue_: if people uploaded an image which said “fuck” you’d have the same issue.
162: [00:57:06] <micmania1> or an html file
163: [00:57:07] <irogue_> spronk2: I actually happen to agree - I prefer the way a lot of other projects do it where the framework code is outside of the webroot
164: [00:57:08] <ss23> You might want to explain what you're talking about if you're changing topic wildly, spronk2
165: [00:57:35] <irogue_> micmania1: agreed. i'm not saying it's a "good idea", just explaining why CWP would probably think it was :P
166: [00:57:57] <spronk2> i'm talking about a) the expectations of people writing the code and putting it on the web, b) reducing the risk of information leakage, including but not at all limited to the modules that are installed, and c) tidying silverstripe's nasty webroot scatter approach the fuck up
167: [00:58:09] <JeremyRoundill> I do actually need to know how long you two have been married. I've got to plan out all my upcoming golden anniversaries.
168: [00:58:20] <spronk2> everything should be blocked by default. The reason why some things aren't is because we've got dumbshit like /vendor/thirdparty/whateverthefuck/something.js
169: [00:58:32] <spronk2> and modules can put their own shit anywhere
170: [00:58:50] <spronk2> requirements include /mymodule/code/omgwhatthefuck.js
171: [00:58:59] <spronk2> code organisation_b
172: [00:59:29] <UncleCheese> how do you install the php GD libarary
173: [00:59:29] <irogue_> the fix is to not have any assets on the webserver :P
174: [00:59:31] <UncleCheese> ugh!
175: [00:59:32] <irogue_> needs more cloud
176: [00:59:35] <ss23> spronk2: No one disagrees with that...
177: [00:59:36] <spronk2> fucking aye
178: [00:59:38] <irogue_> UncleCheese: apt-get install php-gd
179: [00:59:39] <irogue_> \:P
180: [00:59:42] <UncleCheese> on osx
181: [00:59:45] <ss23> spronk2: We're just saying blocking .md files is retarded, negative, and provides no advantages.
182: [00:59:47] <spronk2> so, ss23, blanket redirect everything to index.php
183: [00:59:53] <spronk2> then add exceptions for certain locations
184: [00:59:53] <ss23> UncleCheese: Set up a VM with Linux
185: [00:59:57] <UncleCheese> wrong
186: [01:00:00] <irogue_> ^^ right
187: [01:00:14] <UncleCheese> i want to use brew
188: [01:00:15] <spronk2> UncleCheese vagrant init precise32 && vagrant up
189: [01:00:19] <UncleCheese> stop!!!!!!
190: [01:00:22] <irogue_> ^_^
191: [01:00:25] <spronk2> substitute precise32 with whatever you want brau
192: [01:00:26] <UncleCheese> fucking vagrants
193: [01:00:28] <spronk2> BE A MAN
194: [01:00:28] <ss23> spronk2: So don't bloody disagree with what I said about the .md stuff then you noob!
195: [01:00:37] <ss23> spronk2: Don't act like blocking .md is a step in the "right directoin"
196: [01:00:41] <ss23> NOOBY NOOBY NOOBY BAH
197: [01:00:41] <oddnoc> UncleCheese: brew install php55
198: [01:00:53] * Tanger has joined #silverstripe
199: [01:00:55] <spronk2> ss23 it isn't, opening a PR and talking about how to fucking do it is
200: [01:00:57] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: is gif time 2 or 2.30
201: [01:00:57] <antmas> ?
202: [01:01:07] <JeremyRoundill> I actually agree with spronk2, .md files aren't made to be seen by end-users.
203: [01:01:09] <ss23> spronk2: Pretty sure there are many PRs and discussions about it
204: [01:01:09] <UncleCheese> oddnoc php55 comes with gd?
205: [01:01:09] <spronk2> the end result, conceptually, is that .md shouldn't be accessible by default
206: [01:01:20] <mahfuz> UuncleCheese: Could you please have a look into this code please? - http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/545c10f74f66f
207: [01:01:27] <micmania1> JeremyRoundill: neither are a lot of files.
208: [01:01:29] <ss23> spronk2: Who cares about that?
209: [01:01:31] <spronk2> explicit blocking of .md right now is better than not blocking it at all, but far from a good solution.
210: [01:01:34] <ss23> No
211: [01:01:35] <ss23> It's not
212: [01:01:36] <ss23> IT'S NOT
213: [01:01:38] <ss23> GODDAM IT
214: [01:01:46] <oddnoc> UncleCheese: Yes, I install php55 php55-geoip, php55-mcrypt, php55-tidy, and php55-xdebug
215: [01:01:49] <ss23> >massive explanation of why it's not a good idea
216: [01:01:52] <ss23> >agreement from spronk2
217: [01:01:55] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: 2pm
218: [01:01:56] <spronk2> oh, i'm going out, i'm not going to lock my door though because i don't have an alarm yet
219: [01:01:58] <ss23> >spronk2 decides fuck you it's good
220: [01:01:59] <UncleCheese> yay
221: [01:02:02] <JeremyRoundill> But also with ss23, because it doesn't fix the whole thing of having people know which modules you have installed
222: [01:02:05] <spronk2> and if i don't have an alarm, there's obviously no point in locking my door
223: [01:02:10] <ss23> spronk2: Don't fucking strawman
224: [01:02:15] <irogue_> spronk2: agreed
225: [01:02:19] <irogue_> locking doors is overrated
226: [01:02:19] <ss23> I didn't say anything even close to that
227: [01:02:22] <spronk2> :P
228: [01:02:29] <oddnoc> I use nginx, so I build the php55 with the - -with-fpm option
229: [01:02:30] <spronk2> ss23 has his best angry face on today
230: [01:02:32] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: ok
231: [01:02:34] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: http://i.imgur.com/x3I3kHB.gif
232: [01:02:35] <ss23> SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW
233: [01:02:35] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: just so you know
234: [01:02:36] <irogue_> picking locks is far too easy
235: [01:02:39] * spronk2 prods
236: [01:02:45] <JeremyRoundill> Wait, slow down.
237: [01:02:48] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: XD
238: [01:02:51] <antmas> good start
239: [01:02:52] <spronk2> irogue_ what if you have many, many, many locks
240: [01:03:04] <spronk2> like the pharmacy that used to be down the road from where i lived
241: [01:03:07] <spronk2> that guy had like 8 locks on his door
242: [01:03:13] <JeremyRoundill> So, ss23, your point is that the argument of blocking .md because it reveals modules installed is wrong?
243: [01:03:29] * tankr has joined #silverstripe
244: [01:03:31] <spronk2> ss23 is soapboxing his purist view
245: [01:03:32] <spronk2> :D
246: [01:03:40] <ss23> JeremyRoundill: It's that the PR solves no problems and causes negatives
247: [01:03:42] <adrexia> I... can't evcen follow this
248: [01:03:47] <adrexia> which PR?
249: [01:03:49] * spronk2 hasn't even read the PR
250: [01:03:58] * spronk2 just likes winding ss23 uo
251: [01:04:00] <spronk2> p
252: [01:04:08] <ss23> JeremyRoundill: Even spronk2 hasn't said it solves a problem, beyond "it's good to block!" without any reason
253: [01:04:15] <spronk2> eh
254: [01:04:15] <JeremyRoundill> Okay
255: [01:04:16] <JeremyRoundill> Wait
256: [01:04:19] <adrexia> ss23 which pr?
257: [01:04:20] <spronk2> i did say it solves a problem..
258: [01:04:21] <JeremyRoundill> You're arguing against the PR?
259: [01:04:25] <ss23> spronk2: I don't think so?
260: [01:04:26] <spronk2> just not very well
261: [01:04:28] <ss23> spronk2: What problem does it solve?
262: [01:04:34] <ss23> adrexia: "block access to .md files"
263: [01:05:11] <spronk2> 1) exposing what developers might think is private documentation to public access, 2) removing one point of access to installed module information
264: [01:05:13] <antmas> what's wrong with that? ^^^^
265: [01:05:18] <adrexia> ss23 in which repo?
266: [01:05:24] <JeremyRoundill> https://gitlab.cwp.govt.nz/cwp/cwp-installer
267: [01:05:30] <JeremyRoundill> "Block md direct access"
268: [01:05:44] <antmas> is this the PR that stops users being able to see what modules are installed?
269: [01:05:45] <oddnoc> If you’ve got private docs on a public webserver, you may be doing it wrong.
270: [01:05:46] <adrexia> ahh
271: [01:06:04] <spronk2> oddnoc nah, there's a whole lot of stuff that can easily slip through the cracks
272: [01:06:10] <JeremyRoundill> Okay
273: [01:06:12] <spronk2> point is that SS puts all of this inside the webroot
274: [01:06:21] <spronk2> so it should be responsible about what the fuck it allows access to
275: [01:06:29] <spronk2> or, better yet, not put it all in the webroot!
276: [01:06:29] <ss23> 14:05:12 < spronk2> 1) exposing what developers might think is private documentation to public access, 2) removing one point of access to installed module information
277: [01:06:33] <ss23> 2 is *not* a problem
278: [01:06:37] <ss23> 1 is a odcumentation problem
279: [01:06:38] <spronk2> why?
280: [01:06:38] <JeremyRoundill> So the for argument is that .md files are usually not meant to be seen by the end user.
281: [01:06:47] <ss23> spronk2: Why *is* it?
282: [01:06:48] <JeremyRoundill> And this stops that from happening.
283: [01:06:49] <spronk2> 2 is a problem
284: [01:06:53] <ss23> How?
285: [01:06:56] <oddnoc> I think it’s a local policy, so should be dealt with in the server config.
286: [01:07:07] <spronk2> any information disclosure is a problem
287: [01:07:12] <antmas> spronk2: +1
288: [01:07:15] <JeremyRoundill> The against argument is that stopping .md files from being able to be accessed doesn't fix the underlying security problem.
289: [01:07:16] * auto9 has joined #silverstripe
290: [01:07:28] <ss23> spronk2: In that case, the problem is "information disclosure"
291: [01:07:29] <spronk2> it might be inconsequential as to whether or not you can hack the site, but it's still a problem. makes it an easier target
292: [01:07:33] <ss23> This isn't a fix for that
293: [01:07:39] <antmas> ss23: why not?
294: [01:07:40] <ss23> So sure, there is a problem, but this module doesn't solve it
295: [01:07:43] <spronk2> no
296: [01:07:50] <spronk2> it doesn't "solve" it
297: [01:07:53] <spronk2> but you'll never solve it completely
298: [01:08:03] <spronk2> it just makes it harder to access the information otherwise disclosed
299: [01:08:04] <ss23> antmas: Because information is still disclosure,d the exact same information in a .md
300: [01:08:05] <spronk2> which is a good thing
301: [01:08:10] <adrexia> I'm ok with the quick fix. It can be taken out in favour of a better solution, but for the unknowing devs just using cwp its a damn good saftey net
302: [01:08:16] <ss23> spronk2: I think you're fooling yourself if you think it's harder :/
303: [01:08:30] <spronk2> ss23 prove to me it isnt'
304: [01:08:43] <ss23> Prove it is? There's no obvious burden of proof here
305: [01:08:56] <Olliepop> Does SS use GitLab?
306: [01:09:00] <spronk2> if i can mass scan a bunch of sites by visiting a URL
307: [01:09:01] <antmas> wait, adrexia is this already a feature in CWP?
308: [01:09:01] * auto9 quit (Quit: AndroidIrc Disconnecting)
309: [01:09:15] <antmas> Olliepop: yes
310: [01:09:20] <adrexia> antmas- it wasn't
311: [01:09:20] <spronk2> that's way more appealing to me than having to dig further
312: [01:09:22] <ss23> spronk2: cwp.govt.nz/userforms/composer.json
313: [01:09:31] <spronk2> FORBIDDEN.
314: [01:09:40] <ss23> spronk2: Which shows the module is installed just like the readme?
315: [01:09:55] <spronk2> sure
316: [01:10:01] <ss23> So, we've established that 2 is bullshit
317: [01:10:08] <spronk2> no
318: [01:10:12] <ss23> 1 is basically "developers think .md is blocked but it's not"
319: [01:10:15] <adrexia> security flaw found nin module, troll all sites known to be SS sites looking for (for example) /subsites/README.md
320: [01:10:15] <antmas> ss23: wat?
321: [01:10:18] <spronk2> we've established there is a second bug that needs to be fixed for #2
322: [01:10:25] <simon_w|work> ss23, https://www.cwp.govt.nz/userformdfss/composer.json
323: [01:10:25] <ss23> Yeah
324: [01:10:27] <simon_w|work> FORBIDDEN
325: [01:10:31] <ss23> simon_w|work: DAMMIT SHUT UP
326: [01:10:32] <simon_w|work> So that module's installed too?
327: [01:10:32] <ss23> simon_w|work: :P
328: [01:10:36] <ss23> simon_w|work: I knew, but I was keeping quiet
329: [01:10:53] <irogue_> Ryan-Toast: camfindlay and I just nominated you for something
330: [01:10:55] <spronk2> lul
331: [01:10:57] <ss23> That's a documentation problem (though it's hard to provide documentation for "This thing that we never said happens... doesn't happen")
332: [01:11:13] <antmas> irogue_: cheif gif provider?
333: [01:11:17] <ss23> Lets summarize
334: [01:11:27] <antmas> and 'that guy that does front end'?
335: [01:11:34] <ss23> Blocking .md files will solve the problem of the subset of users who already think it's blocked when it's not
336: [01:11:43] <Ryan-Toast> irogue_: :/
337: [01:11:47] <ss23> That's an incredibly weak argument for doing it
338: [01:11:48] <adrexia> ...and causes what issues?>
339: [01:11:53] <Ryan-Toast> irogue_: wat
340: [01:12:02] <adrexia> actually it's a pretty strong one.
341: [01:12:03] <ss23> adrexia: Makes people think that we're solving the second issue, information disclosure
342: [01:12:05] <camfindlay> irogue_ ;)
343: [01:12:10] <spronk2> ss23 no it doesn't
344: [01:12:13] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
345: [01:12:15] <adrexia> it stops people who don't know many better from hanging themselves
346: [01:12:24] <spronk2> people already think the issue is solved
347: [01:12:26] <Ryan-Toast> irogue_: You want me for my body, don’t you?
348: [01:12:27] <spronk2> so you're on the back foot
349: [01:12:29] <adrexia> who are the exact people who need the saftey net
350: [01:12:42] <ss23> adrexia: If we say "Hey, we've got a mindset that prevents information disclosure", but we don't at all, that's misleading
351: [01:12:46] <ss23> Incredibly so
352: [01:12:54] <spronk2> ss23 BE A MAN
353: [01:13:01] <spronk2> </russelpeters>
354: [01:13:01] <ss23> a fuckton more than trying to help the 1% of users who're so stupid they think we're doing things we're not
355: [01:13:10] <ss23> 14:12:16 < adrexia> it stops people who don't know many better from hanging themselves
356: [01:13:13] <ss23> The other way around
357: [01:13:19] <irogue_> Ryan-Toast: I pasted the convo between you and Colin[pi] about tinymce
358: [01:13:22] <ss23> It misleads them into thinking we're helping
359: [01:13:23] <spronk2> these people are never going to care, ss23
360: [01:13:30] <spronk2> they're already lost causes
361: [01:13:31] <adrexia> ss23 - you are assuming 1%
362: [01:13:36] <adrexia> I would massume 90%
363: [01:13:36] <Ryan-Toast> irogue_: about upgrading it to v4? :(
364: [01:13:40] <adrexia> just sayin'
365: [01:13:40] <irogue_> camfindlay asked me if I was volunteering to finish TinyMCE 4 integration
366: [01:13:40] * spronk2 would also assume 90%
367: [01:13:42] <ss23> adrexia: That's fine, you're allowed to be wrong
368: [01:13:47] <Colin[pi]> irogue_: !!
369: [01:13:49] <irogue_> I said no, but it sounds like Ryan-Toast is
370: [01:13:50] <antmas> irogue_: Ryan-Toast lol
371: [01:13:53] <adrexia> 18<28ss23> It misleads them into thinking we're helping
372: [01:13:54] <spronk2> lul
373: [01:13:56] <adrexia> umm... no it doesn
374: [01:13:58] <Colin[pi]> lol madmatt
375: [01:13:58] <adrexia> 't
376: [01:14:13] <Ryan-Toast> irogue_: Someone come here and set up my git branch and I’ll do it.
377: [01:14:15] <madmatt> sorry guys :)
378: [01:14:19] <madmatt> but he said he'd get me food
379: [01:14:21] <adrexia> 21* 21madmatt has kicked ss23 from #silverstripe (go get me some food man21)
380: [01:14:22] <adrexia> lol
381: [01:14:25] <madmatt> and now I see he's in here
382: [01:14:45] <adrexia> hahahahhaha
383: [01:14:54] * ss23 has joined #silverstripe
384: [01:14:55] <antmas> guys
385: [01:14:58] <antmas> it's friday
386: [01:15:09] <antmas> too many serial converstations in here
387: [01:15:14] <ss23> spronk2: More seriously, if through an entire conversation if you have to keep changing what your points are after they get shot down, you're *probably* wrong
388: [01:15:18] <irogue_> needs more gifs
389: [01:15:21] <Ryan-Toast> LOUD NOISES
390: [01:15:22] <irogue_> do your thing, Ryan-Toast
391: [01:15:25] <spronk2> lolss23
392: [01:15:27] <spronk2> i ahven't changed my points
393: [01:15:31] <madmatt> ss23
394: [01:15:35] <madmatt> Don't make me kick you again man
395: [01:15:39] <antmas> lol
396: [01:15:39] <ss23> I'VE ORDERED IT
397: [01:15:47] <madmatt> PERFORM STEP 2
398: [01:15:48] <Ryan-Toast> ALL THE CONVERSATIONS http://i.imgur.com/dou7dZY.jpg
399: [01:15:53] <ss23> IT'S NOT READY YET
400: [01:16:00] <spronk2> PERFORM STEP 2 DAMNIT
401: [01:16:05] <spronk2> JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN
402: [01:16:09] <spronk2> SOLVE THE PROBLEM
403: [01:16:22] * antmas solves sprink2
404: [01:16:25] <antmas> sprink2!
405: [01:16:26] <antmas> lol
406: [01:16:30] <spronk2> lawl
407: [01:16:34] <madmatt> also if anybody can tell me why unplugging my headphones 3.5mm jack from my laptop causes it to bluescreen and restart
408: [01:16:35] * antmas is now known as sprink2
409: [01:16:38] <madmatt> That'd be great to know
410: [01:16:49] <sprink2> madmatt: dat shorting?
411: [01:16:53] <simon_w|work> madmatt, you're unplugging it wrong
412: [01:17:00] <madmatt> simon_w|work: hahaha
413: [01:17:04] <ss23> madmatt: Because OSX
414: [01:17:11] <sprink2> madmatt: fixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixit
415: [01:17:17] <adrexia> so I'm confused, the really basic sort of assumed security fix that was opened, was it actually merged?
416: [01:17:20] <madmatt> shit, of course. I must unplug it while praising Apple
417: [01:17:21] <spronk2> madmatt is it a mac?
418: [01:17:32] <ss23> adrexia: the md one?
419: [01:17:33] <madmatt> spronk2: Yes
420: [01:17:36] <spronk2> eesh
421: [01:17:46] <simon_w|work> madmatt, and it blue screens? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
422: [01:17:49] <irogue_> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4618071/lols/commas.jpg
423: [01:17:51] <spronk2> yeah..
424: [01:17:55] <sprink2> madmatt: ease the tip first
425: [01:17:58] <JeremyRoundill> madmatt: hotfix - keep your headphones plugged in forever.
426: [01:18:03] <spronk2> lul irogue_
427: [01:18:11] <madmatt> JeremyRoundill: sweet deal
428: [01:18:14] <spronk2> madmatt don't forget lube
429: [01:18:15] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
430: [01:19:46] <sprink2> :O
431: [01:19:48] <sprink2> guis
432: [01:19:51] <sprink2> guis guis guis
433: [01:20:01] <sprink2> Toy Story 4 announced
434: [01:20:12] * sprink2 explodes
435: [01:20:16] <spronk2> ermagherd
436: [01:20:17] <JeremyRoundill> No way.
437: [01:20:21] <JeremyRoundill> Illuminati confirmed.
438: [01:20:39] <JeremyRoundill> Toy Story 3 was too emotional.
439: [01:20:48] <JeremyRoundill> I bet Toy Story 4 is even more emotional.
440: [01:20:51] <JeremyRoundill> Andy dies or something.
441: [01:20:54] <sprink2> JeremyRoundill: that's because it had so many HL3 clues in it
442: [01:20:55] <Ryan-Toast> JeremyRoundill: http://i.imgur.com/fYzFiK3.jpg
443: [01:21:05] <sprink2> Ryan-Toast: ROFL
444: [01:21:09] <JeremyRoundill> Hahaha
445: [01:21:14] <JeremyRoundill> Who is that?
446: [01:21:27] <spronk2> :|
447: [01:21:37] <Ryan-Toast> JeremyRoundill: Oh you sweet summer child
448: [01:21:54] <JeremyRoundill> I don't work for SS, yo. :P
449: [01:22:03] <spronk2> neither does he
450: [01:22:08] <spronk2> (the man in the photo)
451: [01:22:08] * UncleCheese quit (Client Quit)
452: [01:22:17] <JeremyRoundill> I don't know who it is. :O
453: [01:22:22] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
454: [01:23:00] <Ryan-Toast> JeremyRoundill: Some say if you call his name three times he’ll appear.
455: [01:23:15] <UncleCheese> eff you, segmentation fault (11) !!!!!!
456: [01:23:30] <simon_w|work> UncleCheese, is better than a segmentation fault (9)
457: [01:23:37] <simon_w|work> Cause then it's just fucking with you
458: [01:23:44] <UncleCheese> hmm
459: [01:24:20] <sprink2> JeremyRoundill: his is the All Father
460: [01:24:23] <simon_w|work> Hilariously, you can fake seg faults
461: [01:24:25] <simon_w|work> kill -11 -1
462: [01:25:29] <oddnoc> Oh simon_w|work now someone’s going to try that
463: [01:25:31] <JeremyRoundill> :O
464: [01:25:47] <simon_w|work> oddnoc, :D
465: [01:26:04] <mudmonth> maybe i'm missing something, if i say $this->renderWith('Foo', 'Bar') shouldn't it render Foo inside $Content of Bar?
466: [01:26:19] <simon_w|work> mudmonth, nope, you want an array
467: [01:26:22] <mudmonth> ahh
468: [01:26:38] <simon_w|work> otherwise, it's $this->customise('Bar')->renderWith('Foo')
469: [01:29:45] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
470: [01:32:32] * caamic30 has left #silverstripe
471: [01:33:46] <spronk2> man google docs/drive is a fucking mess now
472: [01:33:49] <mudmonth> wonder why it's not working
473: [01:33:56] * camfindlay_ has joined #silverstripe
474: [01:34:46] * camfindlay_ quit (Client Quit)
475: [01:34:47] <spronk2> also, fucking sprink2
476: [01:34:51] <spronk2> keeps confusing me
477: [01:35:36] * JeremyRoundill is now known as sprenk2
478: [01:35:39] <sprenk2> Nah
479: [01:35:42] <sprenk2> Not confusing at all.
480: [01:35:53] * camfindlay quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
481: [01:36:10] <sprenk2> What would be confusing is this
482: [01:36:13] * sprenk2 is now known as spronkHD
483: [01:36:19] <spronkHD> Now, that's confusing
484: [01:36:41] * sprink2 is now known as antmas
485: [01:36:46] <antmas> spronkHD: :P
486: [01:36:53] * spronkHD is now known as JeremyRoundill
487: [01:36:54] <adrexia> thast was weird
488: [01:36:54] <JeremyRoundill> :D
489: [01:36:56] * spronk2 cries
490: [01:37:00] <adrexia> metamorphisis
491: [01:37:05] <antmas> EVERYTHING IS WRONG
492: [01:37:19] * camfindlay has joined #silverstripe
493: [01:39:06] <Hailwood> Righto - So I am wanting to add a button to the siteconfig - "Authorize with facebook" which should change to "disconnect" if the user is already connected. I don't want the user to log into silverstripe with facebook, I just need access tokens and things so I can post to facebook!
494: [01:39:13] <antmas> arrgh fuck just spoiled myself on a tv show
495: [01:40:46] <JeremyRoundill> Gonna head home to change your pants then?
496: [01:40:47] * irogue_ quit (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
497: [01:40:56] <JeremyRoundill> Oh wait, "spoiled"
498: [01:41:07] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: :P
499: [01:41:14] <JeremyRoundill> Which show?
500: [01:42:08] <antmas> American Horror Story
501: [01:43:30] <JeremyRoundill> Haven't seen it
502: [01:45:24] <antmas> awesome series
503: [01:45:40] <antmas> each season (now at 4) is same actors, totally different stories
504: [01:46:54] <JeremyRoundill> Ahh
505: [01:47:04] <JeremyRoundill> I'm watching Trailer Park Boys at the moment :D
506: [01:47:09] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: FTW
507: [01:47:22] <JeremyRoundill> Well, not right now. I'm at work, but I'm a few episodes into Season 2
508: [01:47:34] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: our battlefield platoon is called 'Dirty Burger Crew' ;)
509: [01:47:45] <mudmonth> can't get this to work for some reason
510: [01:47:47] <JeremyRoundill> :D
511: [01:47:54] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: you netflix?
512: [01:48:11] <JeremyRoundill> Yes sir!
513: [01:48:16] <mudmonth> i want to render PreviewPanel with ChangeSite inside of it, i have /Layout/ChangeSite.ss and /PreviewPanel.ss
514: [01:48:23] <antmas> so stoked they added TPB to Netflix
515: [01:48:32] <JeremyRoundill> Yeah
516: [01:48:37] <mudmonth> i've tried a few different ways, can someone give me a concrete example
517: [01:48:44] <mudmonth> should ChangeSite not be in Layout
518: [01:48:52] <JeremyRoundill> Put it in Include
519: [01:49:16] <JeremyRoundill> Then just <% include ChangeSite %>
520: [01:49:27] <mudmonth> naah the controller needs to define the inner item
521: [01:49:33] <JeremyRoundill> Ahh
522: [01:49:35] <JeremyRoundill> k
523: [01:49:40] <mudmonth> i thought i could use the default renderWith to nest templates
524: [01:49:57] <JeremyRoundill> You can't? :O
525: [01:50:04] <antmas> lol Colin[pi] "Is Inbox going to replace Gmail? Don’t worry, Gmail isn’t going anywhere. Inbox is a new experience designed and developed alongside Gmail."
526: [01:50:12] <antmas> not really a clear answer there
527: [01:50:26] <mudmonth> JeremyRoundill: well what i've tried doesn't work so i assume i'm screwing something up
528: [01:50:31] <JeremyRoundill> Ahh
529: [01:50:32] <JeremyRoundill> 1 sec
530: [01:51:13] <JeremyRoundill> I'd guess you just create a method in your Page which returns the markup from ->renderWith
531: [01:51:24] * jenniferaslan quit (Quit: jenniferaslan has left the room)
532: [01:51:31] <JeremyRoundill> Then just $yourMethod in the PreviewPanel
533: [01:51:44] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
534: [01:51:49] <mudmonth> seems like i can go renderWith('PreviewPanel', array('Content' => $this->RenderWith('ChangeSite')->[some method to get the html]))
535: [01:51:56] * tankr quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
536: [01:52:21] <JeremyRoundill> Ahh
537: [01:52:31] <mudmonth> but i don't know what that magic method is called
538: [01:52:35] <JeremyRoundill> 1 sec
539: [01:52:48] <caamic30> Hello SS, what is the easiest way to create a has one record, let’s say I have a Order with has one OrderItem ?
540: [01:52:51] <mudmonth> maybe getValue
541: [01:53:45] <mudmonth> nope that returns html entity encoded html
542: [01:54:30] <JeremyRoundill> What are you trying to do, mudmonth? Like, would printing the $Content of ChangeSite do it?
543: [01:55:26] <JeremyRoundill> caamic30: http://pastebin.com/zbeHbAPk
544: [01:55:47] <mudmonth> i have a template like the template/Page.ss that is for special use case (PreviewPanel) and i want to put various sub templates inside the body tag of PreviewPanel
545: [01:55:58] * oddnoc quit (Quit: beer:30)
546: [01:56:30] <mudmonth> so my preview controller can go PreviewPanel with a ChangeSite template inside it
547: [01:56:39] <JeremyRoundill> Okay
548: [01:56:42] <mudmonth> or or PreviewPanel with a ViewDataObject template inside it
549: [01:56:49] <JeremyRoundill> Why don't you want it inside Include?
550: [01:57:02] <mudmonth> well i assumed there was a method already to nest them
551: [01:57:16] <mudmonth> i can totally just use a getter but that breaks my controllers flow up into multiple functions that have to be aware of state
552: [01:57:25] <mudmonth> rather than just doing it from the action method
553: [01:57:39] <JeremyRoundill> Oh, ok.
554: [01:58:04] <JeremyRoundill> I'm not sure then.
555: [01:59:56] <simon_w|work> Lunch lunch lunch
556: [02:00:21] <mudmonth> renderWith('PreviewPanel', array('Content' => $this->RenderWith('ChangeSite')->[some method to get the html]))
557: [02:00:24] <mudmonth> er
558: [02:00:33] <caamic30> thanks JeremyRoundill: but what I meant is creating a record like $dataobject->write not creating the db objects
559: [02:00:42] <JeremyRoundill> Ahh
560: [02:01:29] <JeremyRoundill> caamic30: $YourOrder->OrderItems()->Add($YourItem)
561: [02:01:46] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
562: [02:02:01] <JeremyRoundill> I had to check the docs there. Get a bit confused between SS and Laravel sometimes :)
563: [02:03:09] <caamic30> add does not exist on has one relationship
564: [02:03:34] <mudmonth> <% include ChangeSite %> works but i can't seem to make it a variable / getter, like <% include $Whatever %> then getWhatever doesn't get called
565: [02:04:53] <JeremyRoundill> Just create a method and return the include from there.
566: [02:05:07] <JeremyRoundill> Then you can do it with $getWhatever or whatever you want
567: [02:05:19] <mudmonth> return $this->renderWith('PreviewPanel', array('NestedTemplate' => $this->renderWith('ChangeSite'))); this works
568: [02:05:32] <mudmonth> and having $NestedTemplate inside my PreviewPanel body
569: [02:05:36] <JeremyRoundill> Groovy as
570: [02:06:43] <mudmonth> yeah that's good, doesn't use dumb class members to keep state floating around
571: [02:09:19] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
572: [02:09:50] * camfindlay quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
573: [02:10:17] <simon_w|work> "Firstly. This feature is AWESOME! Great Job Simon. And a great start, the client is going to be stoked with this as a start I'm sure."
574: [02:10:19] <simon_w|work> Aww yeah :D
575: [02:10:28] <simon_w|work> HELLO SIMON_W
576: [02:10:38] <simon_w|work> I SEE YOU THERE, MAKING MY PHONE MAKE NOISE
577: [02:11:11] <JeremyRoundill> Man, I love feedback like that.
578: [02:11:13] <JeremyRoundill> Good stuff
579: [02:11:24] <antmas> yeah it feels good
580: [02:11:31] <antmas> proper thank yous go a LONG way
581: [02:11:36] <simon_w|work> And the changes are all tiny things (pretty much all textual), which is great
582: [02:14:02] <JeremyRoundill> I got one like that earlier this week
583: [02:14:07] <JeremyRoundill> I was pretty stoked
584: [02:14:36] <JeremyRoundill> "This development is innovative and has the wow factor in terms of design. Great to see!"
585: [02:14:46] <JeremyRoundill> Doesn't happen too often :)
586: [02:15:41] * willr has joined #silverstripe
587: [02:16:00] <JeremyRoundill> Howdy, willr
588: [02:16:13] <willr> sup
589: [02:16:44] <micmania1> areet
590: [02:16:45] <JeremyRoundill> Just celebrating the imminence of beer o'clock.
591: [02:17:01] <antmas> it's so close
592: [02:17:21] <antmas> I can smell the stinky heinekin
593: [02:17:58] <simon_w|work> I have a 90 minute meeting at 2
594: [02:17:59] <JeremyRoundill> I'm gonna drink the boss's gold award winning smoked manuka porter :D
595: [02:18:01] <simon_w|work> Aww
596: [02:18:10] <willr> Beer oclock starts thursday 4pm :D
597: [02:18:15] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: what brewery?
598: [02:18:26] <JeremyRoundill> He's a homebrewer.
599: [02:18:31] <antmas> I have to stock the beer fridge again :|
600: [02:18:35] <JeremyRoundill> But put his beer in the Nationals, I think.
601: [02:18:38] <JeremyRoundill> Won a gold medal for it,.
602: [02:18:44] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: nice, name?
603: [02:19:00] <JeremyRoundill> His name, or the beer's?
604: [02:19:31] <antmas> his?
605: [02:19:37] <JeremyRoundill> Peter Moorfield
606: [02:19:44] <JeremyRoundill> He runs brewshop.co.nz
607: [02:19:49] <JeremyRoundill> Cool dude.
608: [02:19:53] <antmas> also, how fucking difficult is it to set out of office replies to be recurring?
609: [02:19:55] <antmas> fucking email
610: [02:20:38] <antmas> JeremyRoundill: ah, you're Vo2 yeah?
611: [02:20:41] <JeremyRoundill> Why are emails so hard?
612: [02:20:43] <JeremyRoundill> Yeah, Vo2
613: [02:20:46] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
614: [02:20:46] <JeremyRoundill> That's me! :D
615: [02:21:25] <antmas> All I need to do is allow this client to automatically set out of office replies every monday - rather than having to set it the night before every monday
616: [02:21:29] <antmas> that shouldn't be hard
617: [02:22:04] <JeremyRoundill> Hey, email's only been around for 32 years.
618: [02:22:15] <antmas> I do have a VBA script that kinda works
619: [02:22:23] <antmas> but doesn't error when it doesn't work :/
620: [02:22:32] <JeremyRoundill> These are things you'd expect to be sorted in *mature* systems.
621: [02:22:35] <JeremyRoundill> It's only young
622: [02:22:39] <antmas> LOL
623: [02:22:44] <antmas> and this is MS
624: [02:22:53] <antmas> so I should give them a few years
625: [02:24:37] <JeremyRoundill> Yeah
626: [02:24:39] <simon_w|work> 90 minutes for a new feature implementation planning meeting with prior knowledge of the feature
627: [02:24:43] <JeremyRoundill> They're only a small business.
628: [02:24:43] <simon_w|work> This is going to be fun
629: [02:24:55] <JeremyRoundill> You can do it!
630: [02:24:59] <antmas> hmmmmm drink driver limit changes in a month?
631: [02:25:01] <antmas> or, Dec 1
632: [02:29:16] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
633: [02:30:50] <antmas> suprised gmail let this POS through with that subject line http://i.imgur.com/HhnWSvG.png
634: [02:31:11] <antmas> there are like a bajillion characters in there
635: [02:42:04] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: hey
636: [02:42:08] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: hey
637: [02:42:10] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: o-o
638: [02:42:19] <antmas> where da gifs at brah?
639: [02:42:27] * spekulatius has joined #silverstripe
640: [02:42:48] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: just finishing a big github commit: http://i.imgur.com/tqzGqEg.jpg
641: [02:43:09] <antmas> hahaha
642: [02:43:22] * antmas does all his commits before the neckbeards go to lunch
643: [02:45:21] * _muskie9_ is now known as muskie9
644: [02:46:39] * camfindlay has joined #silverstripe
645: [02:52:52] <camfindlay> Does onAfterInit() exist in Controller anymore? Looking for a way to output a js file to all requests in a framework only app, any other ways to do this if that hook is no longer there (I found ref to it in older 2.4 apps).
646: [02:52:54] * willr_ has joined #silverstripe
647: [02:52:54] * willr_ quit (Changing host)
648: [02:52:54] * willr_ has joined #silverstripe
649: [02:53:21] * willr_ quit (Client Quit)
650: [02:55:54] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: done, thank god: https://github.com/Rhym/ss_boilerplate/commit/ca7ff3af9e91276b331b8d176d19ad27e9a9d585
651: [02:57:49] <camfindlay> nevermind onAfterInit still seems to work
652: [02:58:06] <adrexia> Ryan-Toast, lol
653: [02:58:16] <adrexia> why?
654: [02:58:28] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: why what?
655: [02:58:37] <adrexia> why add brackets everywhere?
656: [02:58:41] <adrexia> also - {$$EvenOdd}
657: [02:58:44] <ss23> {} )())({}{(}{(
658: [02:58:55] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: I had some with brackets, some without. So I thought I’d make it consistant :P
659: [02:59:00] <adrexia> oh
660: [02:59:10] <adrexia> I only use them I've I'm combing soemthing
661: [02:59:14] <adrexia> brackest are ugly
662: [02:59:31] <adrexia> so {$Thing}-suffic
663: [02:59:41] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
664: [03:00:11] <adrexia> combing - combining
665: [03:00:36] <adrexia> on the plus side - it now looks more like a javascript template ;)
666: [03:00:49] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: :P
667: [03:01:10] <Ryan-Toast> I don’t like or dislike it, jsut wanted everything to be the same .
668: [03:01:30] <adrexia> why not everythign the same withour redundancy?
669: [03:01:37] <adrexia> *without
670: [03:02:24] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: because brackets
671: [03:02:30] <adrexia> hahaha
672: [03:02:31] <adrexia> :D
673: [03:02:34] <Ryan-Toast> :P
674: [03:02:58] <adrexia> why not 2 brackets then?
675: [03:03:03] <adrexia> {{$Thing}}
676: [03:03:06] * adrexia grins
677: [03:03:42] <Ryan-Toast> …. it’s beautiful
678: [03:05:16] <glenn-bautista> Does anyone know when 3.1.7 will be released? the changelog mentions it but I don't see it on github
679: [03:05:18] * nikob has joined #silverstripe
680: [03:06:53] <mudmonth> what's fixed in it glenn-bautista
681: [03:07:26] <glenn-bautista> looks like the re-authentication in the CMS when your session times out
682: [03:07:31] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: lol bracket all the things
683: [03:07:40] <antmas> my last few commits are pretty similar
684: [03:07:53] <adrexia> camfindlay, might know?
685: [03:07:53] * spronk2 quit (Quit: I may need a longer sleep timer...)
686: [03:08:06] * spronk2 has joined #silverstripe
687: [03:08:31] <adrexia> I'm currently using the main 3.1 branch, so I already have that errr... "Feature"
688: [03:08:39] <adrexia> probalem is it even happens in dev mode
689: [03:08:56] * antmas_ has joined #silverstripe
690: [03:09:30] <antmas_> thanks I
691: [03:09:31] <antmas_> IE*
692: [03:12:00] <Ryan-Toast> Colin[pi]: I can’t rememeber if it was you who asked earlier this week, but BP is on TWBS 3.3 now
693: [03:12:07] * antmas quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
694: [03:12:25] <adrexia> "BP is on TWBS 3.3 now"
695: [03:12:41] <Ryan-Toast> acronymn friday
696: [03:12:41] <adrexia> I don't understand the acronyms
697: [03:12:46] <adrexia> hahah
698: [03:12:51] <Ryan-Toast> Boilerplate, and twitter bootstrap
699: [03:13:03] <adrexia> ahhh right :D
700: [03:13:17] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: this would be the lastest*** demo http://webdough.co.nz/~akademoc/
701: [03:13:32] <nikob> Hi all, I'm trying to change the parent page of a bunch of pages, but the changes aren't reflected in the cms. I have a feeling it has something to do with versioned, but not sure how to track it down.
702: [03:13:38] <Ryan-Toast> client is having a play around with it
703: [03:14:10] <adrexia> nikob how are you doing it?
704: [03:14:17] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
705: [03:14:49] <nikob> I'm going: MyRecord::get()->filter(...)
706: [03:14:54] <camfindlay> glenn-bautista possible that people are going through the process of setting up for release - I’ve just go back from being away so I’ll need to check up to find out when 3.1.7 is due.
707: [03:15:15] <nikob> then looping over that with $record->ParentID = 1331;
708: [03:15:31] <nikob> then $record->doPublish()
709: [03:16:30] <adrexia> hmmm
710: [03:16:33] <nikob> I've followed it through with xdebug, and it does the write() twice, once from where I called it. and once from versioned
711: [03:16:47] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
712: [03:16:48] <nikob> and it looks like the versioned write() doesn't have the changes I made
713: [03:17:01] <adrexia> what happens if you just use write()?
714: [03:17:45] <nikob> same thing by the looks
715: [03:17:46] * Tanger quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
716: [03:18:09] * Tanger has joined #silverstripe
717: [03:18:29] <glenn-bautista> camfindlay: thanks!
718: [03:18:32] <nikob> I even tried selecting the records with Versioned::get_by_stage('MyRecord', 'Live')->filter(...) but looks the same.
719: [03:18:36] <adrexia> is there an on before write or onafter write getting in the way?
720: [03:19:07] <nikob> there is an onbeforewrite
721: [03:19:32] <adrexia> try commenting it out?
722: [03:19:37] <nikob> ok
723: [03:20:32] <nikob> nopes
724: [03:20:33] * spronk2 quit (Quit: I may need a longer sleep timer...)
725: [03:20:55] <nikob> the parent page in the cms didn't change
726: [03:21:09] <adrexia> has it changed in any of the db tables?
727: [03:21:12] * helenclarko has joined #silverstripe
728: [03:22:11] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
729: [03:22:29] <adrexia> got to go
730: [03:22:35] * adrexia quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
731: [03:22:41] <antmas_> 8 mins
732: [03:22:45] * antmas_ is now known as antmas
733: [03:22:54] * Olliepop is now known as Olliepop_
734: [03:22:56] * Olliepop_ is now known as Olliepop
735: [03:23:00] * Olliepop is now known as Olliepop_
736: [03:23:01] * Olliepop_ is now known as Olliepop
737: [03:23:21] * _muskie9_ is now known as muskie9
738: [03:23:27] <helenclarko> hey all, quick question. Whenever I create a new page, the screen stays gray and does not refreash. I have to manually refreash to bring up the cms editor again. Anyone else had this?
739: [03:23:48] <antmas> helenclarko: I have that too on my dev site at the mo
740: [03:23:55] <antmas> only seems to work in chrome for some reason
741: [03:24:04] <helenclarko> oh wait.
742: [03:24:23] <helenclarko> I think I have had a similar issue in ss 2.4
743: [03:24:44] <helenclarko> I had to clear my browsers cache to fix it.
744: [03:24:50] <helenclarko> Let me see.
745: [03:24:53] <abitran> hi all.. If I drop the table Siteconfig, then running a /dev/build, the system should recreated?
746: [03:25:07] <abitran> hi all.. If I drop the table Siteconfig, then running a /dev/build, the system should recreate it?
747: [03:26:10] <micmania1> abitran: yes
748: [03:26:23] <abitran> Any idea why is not happening?
749: [03:26:47] <camfindlay> glenn-bautista: do you have a link to where you found the changelog?
750: [03:26:53] <micmania1> do you have a class called SiteConfig?
751: [03:27:12] <helenclarko> Hmm, I just cleared my Firefox cache for nothing :(
752: [03:27:36] <antmas> helenclarko: try chrome as a test?
753: [03:27:36] <abitran> micmania1: nop
754: [03:27:49] <micmania1> That’s why its not being re-created :)
755: [03:28:46] * Phlunk3 quit (Remote host closed the connection)
756: [03:29:01] <helenclarko> Nope doesnt work in chrome either.
757: [03:29:14] <helenclarko> Its something bigger then.
758: [03:29:23] <antmas> helenclarko: do you get the 3 dot loading bar gif thing?
759: [03:29:30] <helenclarko> nope
760: [03:29:59] <antmas> helenclarko: hmmm, diff issue to me then
761: [03:30:09] <micmania1> helenclarko: you getting any php errors in the error log?
762: [03:30:16] <abitran> micmania1: I don't get it
763: [03:30:37] <micmania1> abitran: the SiteConfig will only be-recreated if you have the SiteConfig class.
764: [03:30:49] <helenclarko> micmanial: nope, its really weird.
765: [03:31:02] <micmania1> and js errors?
766: [03:31:05] <micmania1> any*
767: [03:31:17] <abitran> I sure have the SiteConfig class in the cms/frame code..
768: [03:31:22] * Olliepop quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
769: [03:31:58] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
770: [03:32:10] <helenclarko> hmm let me see
771: [03:32:16] <glenn-bautista> camfindlay: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/changelogs/3.1.7
772: [03:32:28] * Stomach quit (Client Quit)
773: [03:33:17] <antmas> beer time! later all, have a good weekend :D
774: [03:33:40] <helenclarko> Micmanial: Nope, all looks clean.
775: [03:33:42] * antmas quit (Quit: Page closed)
776: [03:33:54] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
777: [03:34:08] * _muskie9_ is now known as muskie9
778: [03:34:41] <helenclarko> Just wont load up the editor. I can still see the bar on the left hand side though.
779: [03:35:08] * Ryan-Toast quit (Quit: Ryan-Toast)
780: [03:36:17] <micmania1> Tried a flush (from admin)?
781: [03:38:57] <helenclarko> all?
782: [03:39:38] * Ryan-Toast has joined #silverstripe
783: [03:40:39] <helenclarko> Nope, flush doesnt work either.
784: [03:40:49] <helenclarko> I replaced the frameworks folder.
785: [03:40:54] <helenclarko> Still nothing.
786: [03:41:18] <helenclarko> I might just have to live with refreashing everytime I add a page.
787: [03:41:33] <abitran> micmania1: It seems that there is something wrong with googleanalytics module... I updated to the last version and when running /dev/build, I get the error: Unknown column 'SiteConfig.GoogleAnalyticsCode' in 'field list'. I asked to willr on the git project page and he told me to try a /dev/build running sake... without success.. he also suggested to drop the siteconfing table.. and then recreate it running /dev/build, but with the goog
788: [03:42:18] <helenclarko> Or go through each of my .php and .ss files until I find a fuilt.
789: [03:42:29] <abitran> but again... the same dilema... can't run /dev/build to install googleanalytics.
790: [03:42:46] <willr> even with no siteconfig table?
791: [03:42:51] <willr> have you used flush=1?
792: [03:42:54] <abitran> yes..
793: [03:43:02] <abitran> all type of flushes :)
794: [03:43:12] <abitran> really weird..
795: [03:43:24] <Hailwood> Hey guys, is there any way to add a custom html block to the cms interface? (I want to insert a link)
796: [03:43:25] <willr> Odd. Should not do that. So in the backtrace, what is calling SiteConfig in the first place? can you disable that
797: [03:43:46] <willr> Hailwood of course, LiteralField
798: [03:44:09] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
799: [03:44:12] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
800: [03:45:08] <Hailwood> Literal, Cheers, I had looked for HtmlField, LabelField, StaticField... didn't look under Literal ha
801: [03:53:43] <nikob> Are Stages user-defined
802: [03:53:48] <nikob> or just Live and Stage?
803: [03:56:18] <nikob> Does anybody know how they work?
804: [03:56:20] <Hailwood> nikob: This might help http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/versioning
805: [03:57:10] <nikob> I've already read that, first of it says they can be "staged" then the examples show the actual value as "stage"
806: [03:58:12] <Hailwood> MyRecord:
807: [03:58:12] <Hailwood> extensions:
808: [03:58:13] <Hailwood> - Versioned("Stage","Live") is from the Configuration heading, where Stage, and Live are the two given stages, you can add more if you like
809: [03:58:28] <nikob> can I remove them so there is only 1
810: [03:58:58] <Hailwood> You can probably make the only stage "Live"
811: [03:59:14] * spekulatius quit (Quit: Leaving)
812: [03:59:42] <nikob> is it possible to remove versioned from a subclass of SiteTree?
813: [04:01:49] * helenclarko quit (Quit: Page closed)
814: [04:02:20] <Hailwood> That one I have no idea sorry, I'm curious as to why you would want to?
815: [04:03:11] <micmania1> nikob: if you did, i would expect everything to break.
816: [04:04:08] <nikob> all I'm trying to do is update the parent of a page from code instead of the cms and it simply doesn't work.
817: [04:04:33] * Ryan-Toast has left #silverstripe
818: [04:04:43] <micmania1> oh, you trying to write to staged or live?
819: [04:04:57] <Hailwood> nikob: You may need to call doPublish()?
820: [04:05:18] <nikob> I've tried both doPublish('stage','Live') and to 'Stage'
821: [04:05:25] <nikob> they both do nothing
822: [04:05:28] <micmania1> nikob: $page->write(); $page->publish(‘Stage’, ‘Live’);
823: [04:05:35] <Hailwood> I actually have a versioning question too - Anyone know if it's possible to hide a field unless the page is Live?
824: [04:05:41] <micmania1> The first writes to Stage. The second published from Stage to Live.
825: [04:08:16] <micmania1> nikob: that work?
826: [04:08:25] <nikob> nope
827: [04:08:45] <micmania1> Does the first part work?
828: [04:08:54] <Hailwood> Is "getExistsOnLive()" the correct function to test if the page is live?
829: [04:09:53] <nikob> first part being the write()?
830: [04:10:14] <micmania1> yep
831: [04:10:15] <nikob> which should update the record in the MyRecord table
832: [04:10:27] <micmania1> yep
833: [04:11:13] <nikob> no
834: [04:11:31] <nikob> no errors reported in log either
835: [04:11:52] <micmania1> If you call $page->isChanged() before it what do you get? (will need to output somewhere)
836: [04:12:03] <micmania1> and its boolean
837: [04:13:31] <nikob> echo $article->isChanged()?"changed":"not changed"; says "changed"
838: [04:14:13] <micmania1> and $article->getChangedFields()?
839: [04:16:08] <nikob> Array ( [ParentID] => Array ( [before] => 17 [after] => 1333 [level] => 2 ) )
840: [04:16:54] <micmania1> I think there’s a special rule around ParentID
841: [04:17:08] <micmania1> Try $article->forceChange() before $article->write()
842: [04:17:34] <Tanger> Hey guys, anyone worked with uploadfields on the front end in SS 3.x?
843: [04:18:05] <nikob> no change by the looks
844: [04:19:01] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
845: [04:19:10] <micmania1> hmmm not sure then. Something funny going on there.
846: [04:19:30] <micmania1> You could try writeToStage(‘Stage’) instead of ->write() but not sure if there’d be any change
847: [04:19:59] <nikob> ummm
848: [04:20:00] <nikob> actually
849: [04:20:02] <nikob> that worked
850: [04:20:08] <micmania1> #winning
851: [04:20:16] <nikob> thank you so much
852: [04:20:23] <nikob> I'd love to know what's going on there
853: [04:20:50] <nikob> I must admit I've had real trouble wrapping my head around the whole stage thing in SS
854: [04:21:02] <micmania1> ->write() may be written to live if the current stage is Live - just a theory though.
855: [04:23:20] <nikob> and it looks like the doPublish worked after that too
856: [04:23:40] <nikob> once again, thanks micmanial!
857: [04:23:51] <micmania1> no problem :)
858: [04:24:29] <nikob> I will be jotting down writeToStage() in my little book of SS notes
859: [04:24:40] * camfindlay quit (Quit: camfindlay)
860: [04:29:39] * _muskie9_ is now known as muskie9
861: [04:33:33] * cloph_away has joined #silverstripe
862: [04:34:05] * cloph quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
863: [04:35:35] * jedateach quit (Quit: jedateach)
864: [04:39:09] <mudmonth> in the template, in a loop of pages, how do i test the current page URLSegment to see if it's the page i'm on
865: [04:39:53] <mudmonth> oh Up.
866: [04:45:29] * Hailwood quit (Remote host closed the connection)
867: [05:16:50] <simon_w|work> $Top
868: [05:17:44] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
869: [05:29:24] * micmania1 quit (Quit: micmania1)
870: [05:34:34] * mahfuz quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
871: [05:36:04] <mudmonth> was Up in this case
872: [05:37:49] <simon_w|work> Only cause you weren't deep enough!
873: [05:45:00] * nikob quit (Quit: Page closed)
874: [06:14:32] <muskie9> trying to get better acquainted with Permissions, namely by setting new groups/roles/permissions with default records. when I a model admin for an object does it always follow the patter "CMS_ACCESS_MyModelAdminName" for the Code column in the Permissions table?
875: [06:16:20] <muskie9> i.e. SurveyAdmin as model admin for SurveyResult Object... so Permission.Code for that model admin would be CMS_ACCESS_SurveyAdmin
876: [06:21:20] <muskie9> after digging in the api, would I use Permission::grant(GroupID, $CMS_ACCESS_SurveyAdmin);
877: [06:21:36] <muskie9> not sure what the $arg var is doing at this point
878: [06:22:01] <muskie9> **Permission::grant(GroupID, 'CMS_ACCESS_SurveyAdmin');
879: [06:27:24] <muskie9> seems that ^ creates multiple records
880: [06:28:06] <muskie9> there's no check for a group with that permission, and looks like it's not a relation based record so it's not like a many_many
881: [06:32:29] * simon_w|work quit (Quit: Ping timeout: your mum)
882: [06:46:48] * jordank quit ()
883: [06:48:28] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
884: [06:52:21] * glenn-bautista quit (Quit: Leaving.)
885: [06:55:01] <muskie9> got it, but not sure why there's not a function to check if a group has the permission... unless I'm missing it which could very well be
886: [06:56:43] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
887: [06:57:37] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
888: [07:00:23] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
889: [07:03:24] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
890: [07:11:47] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
891: [07:19:19] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
892: [07:32:01] * Stomach quit (Quit: zzz)
893: [07:32:46] * Eliseth quit (Remote host closed the connection)
894: [07:33:22] * Eliseth has joined #silverstripe
895: [07:35:41] * willr has joined #silverstripe
896: [07:52:39] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
897: [08:09:36] * arnhoe has joined #silverstripe
898: [08:11:08] * lerni_ has joined #silverstripe
899: [08:11:32] * lerni quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
900: [08:13:11] <Eliseth> Morning
901: [08:13:30] * Eliseth quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
902: [08:13:38] * Sticks quit (Quit: Leaving)
903: [08:13:53] * Eliseth has joined #silverstripe
904: [08:14:37] * Eliseth quit (Client Quit)
905: [08:15:02] * Eliseth has joined #silverstripe
906: [08:21:39] * jeroenem has joined #silverstripe
907: [08:22:07] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
908: [08:24:51] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
909: [08:24:56] <willr> Hello Eliseth
910: [08:25:05] * lerni_ quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
911: [08:30:56] * Kingy is now known as Kingy[a]
912: [08:32:08] * lerni_ has joined #silverstripe
913: [08:34:01] * lerni__ has joined #silverstripe
914: [08:34:33] * lerni quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
915: [08:37:03] * lerni_ quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
916: [08:37:05] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
917: [08:43:18] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
918: [08:53:07] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
919: [09:01:09] * kinglozzer has joined #silverstripe
920: [09:06:42] * lerni__ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
921: [09:09:51] * wmk has joined #silverstripe
922: [09:12:45] * _muskie9_ quit (Max SendQ exceeded)
923: [09:14:11] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
924: [09:17:40] * g4b0_ quit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
925: [09:27:54] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
926: [09:29:06] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
927: [09:29:52] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
928: [09:30:44] * Guits has joined #silverstripe
929: [09:31:33] * Tanger quit (Quit: Tanger)
930: [09:33:33] * EasyCo quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
931: [09:34:29] * EasyCo has joined #silverstripe
932: [09:37:44] <wmk> WHY????
933: [09:38:21] <wmk> any reason why put a <h2> inside a menubar for navigation?
934: [09:38:47] <wmk> <ul><li><h2><a href="$Link">$MenuTitle ....
935: [09:38:52] <wmk> WTF?
936: [09:41:37] <kinglozzer> wmk: SEMANTICS YO!
937: [09:41:55] <wmk> kinglozzer, but a h2 inside a navigation list just doesn't make sense.
938: [09:42:10] <kinglozzer> Well, it might do in the context of that navigation
939: [09:42:27] <wmk> really?
940: [09:42:32] <wmk> can't imagine.
941: [09:42:52] <wmk> subnav is also h2
942: [09:43:06] <wmk> i bet it's just for layout / formatting
943: [09:43:07] <kinglozzer> Well, like you can have an <h1> in each <article>, I suppose you can have headings in a <nav> too
944: [09:43:18] <kinglozzer> Dunno if there's any actual benefit though
945: [09:43:59] * wmk should always eat good before analysing websites i'm ask to redo
946: [09:49:15] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
947: [09:50:53] * muskie9 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
948: [09:52:30] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
949: [09:54:14] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
950: [10:06:49] * ThePeach has joined #silverstripe
951: [10:15:40] * Pysvrdeathk has joined #silverstripe
952: [10:16:38] <jeroenem> h2 as menutitle, haven't seen that one before
953: [10:16:51] <Pysvrdeathk> m8, u hvnt lived.
954: [10:17:11] <Pysvrdeathk> ntl uv seen a h2 as a hedding
955: [10:20:43] * auto9 has joined #silverstripe
956: [10:22:16] <kinglozzer> Pysvrdeathk: severe death? or server death?
957: [10:22:26] <kinglozzer> I guess all death is pretty severe, so I'm going with the latter
958: [10:22:32] <Pysvrdeathk> both!
959: [10:22:45] <Pysvrdeathk> well, it's back in limp mode
960: [10:22:52] <Pysvrdeathk> fsck seems to have clearned some shit up
961: [10:23:16] * micmania1 quit (Quit: micmania1)
962: [10:24:34] <wmk> Pysvrdeathk, not heading, inside menu UL->Li
963: [10:24:41] <wmk> each menu item in navbar is a h2
964: [10:25:23] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
965: [10:25:27] <Pysvrdeathk> wmk: it's a heading if it's an H* :P
966: [10:25:34] <Pysvrdeathk> !*
967: [10:26:11] <wmk> it's just ul->li->h2->a$Link->$MenuTitle
968: [10:26:23] <wmk> then next li with next menu item
969: [10:26:34] <wmk> but it's at top / head of the page
970: [10:26:35] <wmk> so...
971: [10:26:44] * wmk bumps the head on the table
972: [10:34:02] * stefanh__ has joined #silverstripe
973: [10:36:50] * auto9 quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
974: [10:37:30] * Safa_[A_boy] has joined #silverstripe
975: [10:38:17] <Safa_[A_boy]> Hello. In the editor, Isn't there a RTL direction button?
976: [10:38:37] * cloph_away is now known as cloph
977: [10:39:44] <g4b0_> hi men
978: [10:40:00] <Pysvrdeathk> wmk: well, menu items are headings!
979: [10:40:12] <Pysvrdeathk> of what's on that page, that it links to...
980: [10:40:18] <Pysvrdeathk> :P
981: [10:40:28] <Pysvrdeathk> ciao g4b0_
982: [10:40:29] <g4b0_> does anybody have an hint on where to start trying to fix this brand new bug?
983: [10:40:31] <g4b0_> https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/3610
984: [10:40:32] <Pysvrdeathk> but some of us are women.
985: [10:40:41] <g4b0_> ciao Pysvrdeathk
986: [10:41:08] <g4b0_> ooops :P
987: [10:41:49] <g4b0_> Pysvrdeathk are you one of them?
988: [10:41:55] <Pysvrdeathk> Nope.
989: [10:42:10] <Pysvrdeathk> Just saying, better to be inclusive than exclusive! :)
990: [10:42:38] <Pysvrdeathk> Brand.summary_field: Brand.name => name
991: [10:42:39] <Pysvrdeathk> ?
992: [10:42:43] <Pysvrdeathk> mistake!
993: [10:42:53] <g4b0_> ok, let's re-start with the right foot:
994: [10:42:58] <kinglozzer> Vehicle!
995: [10:42:59] <g4b0_> hi *men
996: [10:43:18] <g4b0_> ooops kinglozzer :)
997: [10:43:21] <Pysvrdeathk> overtiredmen!
998: [10:43:23] <Pysvrdeathk> yes
999: [10:43:24] <Pysvrdeathk> that is me.
1000: [10:44:19] <g4b0_> :)
1001: [10:49:01] <Pysvrdeathk> Wholey fuck, I'm so angry that this is a thing, let alone the 13th fastest growing business in NZ (over the last 3 years) http://www.pureseo.co.nz/
1002: [10:49:10] <Pysvrdeathk> MAD
1003: [10:50:19] <guzzlefry> :(
1004: [10:50:27] <guzzlefry> SEO is fancy
1005: [10:50:43] <g4b0_> SEO is buzzword :)
1006: [10:50:49] <guzzlefry> nuh uh
1007: [10:50:53] <guzzlefry> it's a vital part of The Cloud! :P
1008: [10:51:03] <kinglozzer> http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/03/mozilla-will-launch-a-new-browser-for-developers-next-week/
1009: [10:51:03] <kinglozzer> O.o
1010: [10:51:18] <guzzlefry> Wasn't SeaMonkey meant to be a 'developer' browser?
1011: [10:51:31] * kinglozzer has never heard of SeaMonkey
1012: [10:51:45] <kinglozzer> I'm guessing it wasn't a massive success :P
1013: [10:52:01] <Pysvrdeathk> lol guzzlefry
1014: [10:52:15] * stefanh__ quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
1015: [10:52:19] <guzzlefry> nevermind
1016: [10:52:32] <guzzlefry> SeaMonkey 2.30 - Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple—all your Internet needs in one application.
1017: [10:53:03] <kinglozzer> That sounds... overwhelming!
1018: [10:53:43] <g4b0_> That sounds... like Opera!
1019: [10:53:43] <Pysvrdeathk> guzzlefry: but what about myspace and yourspace and myface and yourbookster and twatter, etc?
1020: [10:53:49] <Pysvrdeathk> g4b0_: not any more!
1021: [10:53:55] <Pysvrdeathk> opera 12 maybe
1022: [10:54:37] <g4b0_> which opera there is now in the wild?
1023: [10:54:52] <g4b0_> I'm a little bit outdated on my debian box :)
1024: [10:55:17] <guzzlefry> I think Opera uses WebKit now.
1025: [10:55:42] <g4b0_> http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?os=linux
1026: [11:01:29] <Safa_[A_boy]> Can I get a link to the source of the editForm you use? :)
1027: [11:04:41] <kinglozzer> Huh?
1028: [11:05:09] <g4b0_> Anyway, I would like to solve the following:
1029: [11:05:10] <g4b0_> https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/2854
1030: [11:05:16] <g4b0_> https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/3610
1031: [11:05:21] <g4b0_> https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/3229
1032: [11:05:43] * Azure quit (Quit: Blue Sky Fish)
1033: [11:05:56] <g4b0_> but apart of #2854 that have my PR waiting to be merged
1034: [11:06:08] <g4b0_> I've got no idea where to start :D
1035: [11:13:33] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1036: [11:16:25] * cloph is now known as cloph_away
1037: [11:23:21] * Azure has joined #silverstripe
1038: [11:36:33] * g4b0_ quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
1039: [11:45:41] * lerni quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1040: [11:49:14] * stefanh__ has joined #silverstripe
1041: [12:06:43] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
1042: [12:07:57] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
1043: [12:11:23] * lerni quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
1044: [12:16:24] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
1045: [12:19:29] * lerni_ has joined #silverstripe
1046: [12:19:30] * lerni quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
1047: [12:24:29] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1048: [12:25:28] <Pysvrdeathk> Safa_[A_boy]: api.silverstripe.org
1049: [12:25:41] * lerni_ quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
1050: [12:27:56] * cupcake has joined #silverstripe
1051: [12:30:43] <cupcake> how can i remove select * from my sqlquery object?
1052: [12:31:02] <cupcake> i just want to select predefined columns and im using SelectField
1053: [12:34:13] <Safa_[A_boy]> Pysvrdeathk: Thanks :)
1054: [12:35:13] <Pysvrdeathk> cupcake: what version?
1055: [12:36:16] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1056: [12:37:57] * r3v3rb_ has joined #silverstripe
1057: [12:41:44] <cupcake> 3.1
1058: [12:41:54] <cupcake> @Pysvrdeathk
1059: [12:42:51] * cloph_away is now known as cloph
1060: [12:47:05] <cupcake> @Pysvrdeathk any idea?
1061: [12:53:43] * auto9 has joined #silverstripe
1062: [13:08:12] * arnhoe quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1063: [13:13:38] * arnhoe has joined #silverstripe
1064: [13:14:38] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
1065: [13:21:29] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
1066: [13:24:33] * lerni_ has joined #silverstripe
1067: [13:24:34] * lerni quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
1068: [13:29:04] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
1069: [13:29:10] * lerni_ quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1070: [13:29:21] * lerni has joined #silverstripe
1071: [13:30:57] <Guits> What's the "correct" way to split a form into two divs (for two columns) in a form function?
1072: [13:32:44] * lerni_ has joined #silverstripe
1073: [13:34:49] * lerni quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
1074: [13:36:02] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1075: [13:43:36] <jeroenem> Guits: not sure if it's the "correct" way, but its the most flexible i guess - is using literalfields to open / close divs in your form
1076: [13:44:16] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1077: [13:46:00] <Pysvrdeathk> cupcake: yeh, no @s.
1078: [13:46:05] <Pysvrdeathk> @ = no reply for you.
1079: [13:46:37] <Pysvrdeathk> from memory, you have to hack it.
1080: [13:47:12] <Pysvrdeathk> there's no way to remove selected fields, nor a way to add selected fields as a group without it whinging about deprecation.
1081: [13:47:17] <Pysvrdeathk> so @ it.
1082: [13:47:20] <kinglozzer> Guits: Your choices are LiteralField as jeroenem said, or CompositeField and ->addExtraClass()
1083: [13:47:21] <Pysvrdeathk> but not me.
1084: [13:47:59] <Pysvrdeathk> kinglozzer: Guits or loop the form and build it yourself in template.
1085: [13:48:09] <Pysvrdeathk> with form, loop fields
1086: [13:48:12] <Pysvrdeathk> $Me
1087: [13:48:17] <Pysvrdeathk> or something
1088: [13:49:07] <Guits> not fieldgroup
1089: [13:49:18] <Pysvrdeathk> never fieldgroup
1090: [13:49:23] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
1091: [13:50:50] * stefanh__ quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
1092: [14:00:21] * auto9 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1093: [14:02:21] * auto9 has joined #silverstripe
1094: [14:02:58] <g4b0_> any hint about where to look to solve https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/3229 ?
1095: [14:03:22] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
1096: [14:04:01] * _muskie9_ is now known as muskie9
1097: [14:05:32] * lerni_ quit ()
1098: [14:10:00] * DimiStripe has joined #silverstripe
1099: [14:11:39] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1100: [14:12:10] * muskie9 quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
1101: [14:13:08] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1102: [14:13:35] * Shrike_Finland quit (Client Quit)
1103: [14:16:48] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1104: [14:19:50] * Error404NotFound has joined #silverstripe
1105: [14:19:56] * Error404NotFound quit (Changing host)
1106: [14:19:56] * Error404NotFound has joined #silverstripe
1107: [14:21:47] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
1108: [14:23:23] * arnhoe quit ()
1109: [14:23:58] <r3v3rb_> hmm, why is insertbefore not being honoured in getCMSFields() blahblah
1110: [14:24:22] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb_: Paste it!
1111: [14:24:32] <r3v3rb_> really
1112: [14:25:33] <r3v3rb_> $fields->addFieldToTab(‘Root.Main’, TextField::create(‘Title’, ‘Item Title’, ‘URLSegment’));
1113: [14:25:41] <r3v3rb_> ta da
1114: [14:25:48] <r3v3rb_> got to move that urlsegment
1115: [14:26:20] <r3v3rb_> lmao
1116: [14:27:23] <kinglozzer> :P
1117: [14:28:03] <r3v3rb_> still have a weird one going on though - defined a new field as Text in the $db array but it doesn’t show in the CMS
1118: [14:28:30] <r3v3rb_> tried manually adding to Root.Main and letting the scaffolding take control but now TextField shows up
1119: [14:29:17] * r3v3rb_ happy though - first day with wood burner going in office and its super snuggly warm now!
1120: [14:29:57] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb_: If it's a page, there is no scaffolding
1121: [14:30:13] <kinglozzer> So you'll have to add a TextareaField yourself
1122: [14:30:40] <r3v3rb_> sure, but even when I do I get - nuffink
1123: [14:31:54] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb_: You've moved your 'URLSegment', right? :P
1124: [14:32:10] <kinglozzer> $fields->addFieldToTab(‘Root.Main’, TextField::create(‘Title’, ‘Item Title’), ‘URLSegment’); works for me
1125: [14:32:18] <kinglozzer> (minus the fancy quotes of course :))
1126: [14:32:19] <r3v3rb_> but my broken rib hurts, even though its warm because I keep coughing
1127: [14:32:28] <r3v3rb_> kinglozzer: yep got that one working
1128: [14:32:34] <r3v3rb_> its a different field
1129: [14:33:31] <kinglozzer> Oh right r3v3rb_, same method of adding it?
1130: [14:33:37] <kinglozzer> Our office is always warm!
1131: [14:33:56] <kinglozzer> Sometimes have to open the window cos it gets too hot, even at this time of year D:
1132: [14:34:43] <r3v3rb_> kinglozzer: I am saving gas and electric by using wood burner and little stove kettle :D
1133: [14:34:59] * r3v3rb_ = a little bit closer to carbon neutral!
1134: [14:34:59] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
1135: [14:35:26] <kinglozzer> But all that carbon from the burned wood ;)
1136: [14:37:53] <kinglozzer> Angular 2.0: <div [ng-repeat|pane]="panes" class="tab" (^click)="select(pane)">
1137: [14:37:58] <kinglozzer> OH GOD MY EYES, WHY?!
1138: [14:38:38] <r3v3rb_> but that carbon from the wood is only what the wood took out (allegedly)
1139: [14:38:39] <wmk> kinglozzer, well... hardcore
1140: [14:39:32] <r3v3rb_> kinglozzer: why not?
1141: [14:39:44] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb_: Dat syntax!
1142: [14:40:00] <kinglozzer> I mean, it's valid and all but it's just ... wrong
1143: [14:41:43] <r3v3rb_> kinglozzer: you no likely abstraction
1144: [14:44:26] <kinglozzer> I no likey ugly syntax!
1145: [14:45:23] <r3v3rb_> dont look at my code then :)
1146: [14:46:13] <kinglozzer> :P
1147: [14:46:14] * r3v3rb_ = peeved - just found out client who had me jump through hoops has had new site built by a different agency in Umbraco and not even had it made responsively… grrrr
1148: [14:46:35] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb_: I was working on a project the other day which was PSR-2 compliant
1149: [14:46:42] <kinglozzer> Spaces for indentation = EWWWW!
1150: [14:46:56] <r3v3rb_> yummy
1151: [14:48:21] <wmk> Pysvrdeathk, what is silverstripe-lettuce ??
1152: [14:50:10] <r3v3rb_> ouch, but the site lets me enter this into the newsletter signup so I wonder what else I could do - will_this/break*the\@mail&E0;merge
1153: [14:50:27] <r3v3rb_> to cause damage :\
1154: [14:50:34] <r3v3rb_> not that I would but…
1155: [14:52:07] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb_: DROP TABLE Email
1156: [14:52:09] <kinglozzer> :P
1157: [14:53:03] <r3v3rb_> lmao
1158: [14:53:07] <r3v3rb_> shall I?
1159: [15:00:40] * r3v3rb_ quit (Quit: r3v3rb_)
1160: [15:14:17] <cupcake> when u have an arraylist of dataobjects and you loop through them and add an extra field to that dataobject how do you push it back to the arraylist with the new values ?
1161: [15:27:07] * cupcake quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
1162: [15:35:46] <Pysvrdeathk> wmk: http://www.allaboutslugs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Eating-slug-with-text-Bite-Marks.jpg
1163: [15:36:22] <Pysvrdeathk> http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/gardening.sheknows.com/2011/02/slugs-eating-lettuce.jpg
1164: [15:36:36] <Pysvrdeathk> (a joke)
1165: [15:36:41] <wmk> OMG
1166: [15:36:46] <wmk> slug = snail?
1167: [15:36:53] <Pysvrdeathk> no, but close.
1168: [15:37:11] <Pysvrdeathk> snails have shells.
1169: [15:37:16] <Pysvrdeathk> slugs... are just slugs.
1170: [15:37:19] <wmk> ah.
1171: [15:37:32] <wmk> slug = "naked" snail
1172: [15:37:36] <wmk> without house
1173: [15:37:47] <Pysvrdeathk> Schnecke Nacktschnecke
1174: [15:37:50] <wmk> yup
1175: [15:37:54] <wmk> wasn't aware of this
1176: [15:38:17] * Pysvrdeathk sees words more closely
1177: [15:38:19] <Pysvrdeathk> hmm, indeed.
1178: [15:38:28] <Pysvrdeathk> but, slugs aren't snails. They never have shells :>
1179: [15:38:46] <wmk> well, in german it's quite the same word
1180: [15:39:00] <wmk> both are "Schnecke", one with shell, the other without
1181: [15:39:06] <Pysvrdeathk> they can make themselves many shapes, and as such manage to squeeze under our door when it's shut... and always slime their way into our kitchen somehow :<
1182: [15:39:18] <wmk> oh
1183: [15:39:39] <Eliseth> Make a salt-maze
1184: [15:41:04] <wmk> or a cup of beer outside
1185: [15:41:10] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
1186: [15:51:59] <Pysvrdeathk> cup of beer?
1187: [15:52:10] <Pysvrdeathk> this little bugger keeps trying to raid the pantry.
1188: [15:52:11] <Pysvrdeathk> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limax_flavus
1189: [15:53:25] <wmk> Pysvrdeathk, they love beer...
1190: [15:59:11] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
1191: [16:00:32] * Eliseth quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
1192: [16:06:19] * auto9_ has joined #silverstripe
1193: [16:08:13] * Error404NotFound quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
1194: [16:09:22] * auto9 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1195: [16:13:22] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
1196: [16:16:01] <Pysvrdeathk> wmk: really? I never knew.
1197: [16:16:05] <Pysvrdeathk> However, so do I :(
1198: [16:16:42] <wmk> you're a slug?
1199: [16:17:53] <Pysvrdeathk> nope :<
1200: [16:19:16] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1201: [16:21:50] <Pysvrdeathk> wmk: I just like the occasional drink :> I don't want to share it with the slugs :<
1202: [16:27:29] * auto9_ quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
1203: [16:28:02] * auto9 has joined #silverstripe
1204: [16:31:48] * jeroenem quit (Quit: Page closed)
1205: [16:37:23] * Liquide has joined #silverstripe
1206: [16:43:15] * toddvalentine has joined #silverstripe
1207: [16:44:56] * jenniferaslan has joined #silverstripe
1208: [16:50:49] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1209: [17:02:16] * g4b0_ quit (Quit: Sto andando via)
1210: [17:06:45] * stnvh quit (Quit: sleepy)
1211: [17:07:21] * kinglozzer weekend!
1212: [17:07:21] * kinglozzer quit ()
1213: [17:11:26] <Guits> when i copied a site to another directory with (another domain name) some links no longer works unless i remove trailing / or add ?something after the slash
1214: [17:16:06] * Johl has joined #silverstripe
1215: [17:31:40] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1216: [17:35:54] <Pysvrdeathk> Guits: fix your .htaccess
1217: [17:35:58] <Pysvrdeathk> or something
1218: [17:36:05] <Guits> :) or something
1219: [17:36:06] <Pysvrdeathk> you probably didn't copy that
1220: [17:36:30] <Pysvrdeathk> it's the weekend, gl!
1221: [17:36:31] * Pysvrdeathk quit ()
1222: [18:02:23] * ThePeach quit (Quit: leaving)
1223: [18:06:22] * wmk quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1224: [18:07:44] * muskie9 quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
1225: [18:11:03] <catcher> Guits, also be sure to flush the template cache
1226: [18:11:30] <Guits> thanx ..but both htacecss and flush is cached
1227: [18:12:12] <Guits> Will probably do a clean install and just sync code/themes/assets anyway and see if itś solved
1228: [18:12:20] <catcher> Guits, You may have some browser 301s, try clearing browser history & restarting
1229: [18:19:04] * gelignite has joined #silverstripe
1230: [18:36:26] * stefanh__ has joined #silverstripe
1231: [18:47:36] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1232: [18:48:07] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1233: [18:48:46] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1234: [18:52:33] * Guits quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
1235: [19:10:02] * muskie9 is now known as _muskie9_
1236: [19:10:04] * _muskie9_ is now known as muskie9
1237: [19:20:15] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1238: [19:20:47] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1239: [19:38:21] * stefanh__ quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
1240: [19:47:02] * muskie9 quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
1241: [19:49:26] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1242: [19:53:12] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1243: [19:59:17] * Safa_[A_boy] has left #silverstripe
1244: [19:59:51] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1245: [20:02:43] * wmk has joined #silverstripe
1246: [20:07:05] * wmk quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
1247: [20:15:56] * Guits has joined #silverstripe
1248: [20:21:10] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1249: [20:33:31] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1250: [20:34:07] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1251: [20:37:46] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1252: [20:45:02] * auto9 quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
1253: [20:45:41] * auto9 has joined #silverstripe
1254: [20:56:54] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1255: [21:14:01] * jedateach has joined #silverstripe
1256: [21:17:28] * hschillig_ has joined #silverstripe
1257: [21:18:08] <hschillig_> Hey I was reading everywhere and it seems as if you can just do redirect('Security/login') right inside the controller, but for some odd reason I get a "Call to undefined function redirect()".. I tried Director::redirect() too.
1258: [21:23:45] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1259: [21:26:49] <hschillig_> Ah this worked : "return $this->redirect('Security/login');" Sorry!
1260: [21:34:58] <catcher> hschillig_, glad we could help. :)
1261: [21:39:29] * muskie9 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1262: [21:41:26] * riddler7 has joined #silverstripe
1263: [21:45:22] * riddler7 quit (Client Quit)
1264: [21:58:34] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1265: [22:03:17] * gelignite quit (Quit: http://bit.ly/nkczDT)
1266: [22:14:43] * muskie9 quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
1267: [22:24:44] * hschillig_ has left #silverstripe
1268: [22:36:02] * Kingy[a] is now known as Kingy
1269: [22:37:17] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
1270: [22:38:29] * catcher quit (Quit: Leaving)
1271: [23:05:50] * simon_w quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1272: [23:11:03] * toddvalentine quit ()
1273: [23:46:54] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.