#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 8 September 2014

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:00:38] <Ryan-Toast> Sigh, TinyMCE how I hate you.
2: [00:00:57] <adrexia> Ryan-Toast, you and me both
3: [00:01:05] <Colin[pi]> me three
4: [00:05:57] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: what's the current pain in the arse it's giving you?
5: [00:06:05] <Ryan-Toast> Trying to add a plugin
6: [00:06:08] <Colin[pi]> lol
7: [00:06:12] <Colin[pi]> had the same issue too
8: [00:06:19] <adrexia> which one?
9: [00:06:20] <Ryan-Toast> I remember
10: [00:06:29] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: custom one
11: [00:06:35] <adrexia> ahh, rigth :)
12: [00:06:58] <Colin[pi]> from memory I think the issue I had was that I needed to have editor_plugin.js AND editor_plugin_src.js
13: [00:07:05] <Ryan-Toast> orly?
14: [00:07:07] <Colin[pi]> if I didn't have both, it refused to work
15: [00:07:19] <Ryan-Toast> was the second one just empty?
16: [00:07:29] <Colin[pi]> naw it was just a copy of the other js lol
17: [00:07:44] <Ryan-Toast> lol
18: [00:08:40] <Kingy> what are _obsolete table names all about
19: [00:09:34] <Zopiclone> tables that are no longer needed
20: [00:09:58] * vebbbbbbbbbbb has joined #silverstripe
21: [00:10:04] <Zopiclone> after you change a class
22: [00:12:25] * vebb quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
23: [00:13:34] <Kingy> thanks Zopiclone :)
24: [00:14:25] <__will> hello. I'm having a bit of trouble with the image chooser component in the admin area - choose from files.
25: [00:15:04] <__will> It's v tricky to find the file i'm looking for
26: [00:15:09] <__will> does anyone else find that?
27: [00:17:36] <__will> it kinda relies on me knowing where the image is in the folders or exactly what it's called to find things.
28: [00:18:59] <__will> search etc is quite slow
29: [00:19:34] <__will> there is no instant feedback on file details, and they are all tiny square thumbnails, so hard to know if its a big banner or a little square picture
30: [00:20:26] <__will> even when choosing it an image, it shows a better proportioned thumb, but not the actual dimensions. just kb (which users don't seem to care about much)
31: [00:21:19] <__will> this is all happening in a very small little modal. why not full screen?
32: [00:23:36] * markcl quit (Quit: Leaving.)
33: [00:23:42] <adrexia> <__will> you are right
34: [00:23:51] <adrexia> the user experience is not too great
35: [00:25:15] <adrexia> even selecting an image doesn't look to me like I have done that (yellow background, but I'd probably expect a check box or something more visual than that)
36: [00:27:45] <Ryan-Toast> What version of TiunyMCE are we using?
37: [00:27:53] <adrexia> the other interesting thing is that the "From CMS" option seems to be a less likely use case than uploading, but for actual cms users it is likely to be the most common use case (because keeping files organised generally means uploading in the asset admin)
38: [00:28:10] <adrexia> <Ryan-Toast> the not-the-newest-one
39: [00:28:17] <adrexia> 3 I think?
40: [00:31:38] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: Yeah, it’s 3.
41: [00:32:02] * vebb has joined #silverstripe
42: [00:32:06] <adrexia> Apparently updating TinyMCE is on Hamish's todo list
43: [00:32:58] <Ryan-Toast> Should be replacing.
44: [00:33:20] <adrexia> haha
45: [00:33:31] <adrexia> I'd like a simple option
46: [00:33:48] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: is there really a viable alternative to TinyMCE tho?
47: [00:33:50] <adrexia> TinyMCE is the kitchen sink option. And some people need it, but otehrs don't
48: [00:34:04] <Ryan-Toast> I’ve always liked CKEditor
49: [00:34:08] <Colin[pi]> haha
50: [00:34:16] <Colin[pi]> I was about to say I used to use CKEditore
51: [00:34:17] <Colin[pi]> -e
52: [00:34:21] <Colin[pi]> when it was called FCKEditor
53: [00:34:23] <Colin[pi]> amusing name
54: [00:34:30] <adrexia> I like this one http://xing.github.io/wysihtml5/
55: [00:34:44] <adrexia> but it's at the other end of the complexity scale to tinymce
56: [00:34:55] <Colin[pi]> adrexia: mm
57: [00:35:13] <Colin[pi]> adrexia: and I think it's the plugins that make tinymce pretty sweet, even if they are a pain sometimes
58: [00:35:26] * vebbbbbbbbbbb quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
59: [00:35:26] <adrexia> yeah - and some users need them
60: [00:35:35] <adrexia> other users just need to markup html
61: [00:35:45] <adrexia> and insert images/tables etc
62: [00:35:48] <Ryan-Toast> Colin[pi]: CKEditor has plugins
63: [00:35:48] <Colin[pi]> mm
64: [00:35:52] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: yeah I know
65: [00:36:13] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: problem with CKEditor for me.. is I got bitten by a security hole in it a while back
66: [00:36:22] <Colin[pi]> so it kinda left a bad taste
67: [00:36:28] <Colin[pi]> but I'm sure it's fine these days
68: [00:36:49] <Ryan-Toast> |This documentaion page adds tabs, that’s pretty cool: http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/dev_configuration
69: [00:37:08] <Ryan-Toast> damn, that’s actually fucking cool.
70: [00:37:45] * Olliepop has joined #silverstripe
71: [00:37:58] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: pretty sure you've got two chances of having SS integrate CKEditor though: buckleys and none
72: [00:38:08] <Ryan-Toast> :P
73: [00:38:19] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: feel free to make a PR ;D
74: [00:38:57] <Ryan-Toast> Colin[pi]: just want this to work...http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/rich-text-editing#configuration
75: [00:38:59] <adrexia> I have heard its already possible to switch out TinyMCE
76: [00:39:10] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: yeah, there’s a module
77: [00:39:32] <Ryan-Toast> https://github.com/chillu/silverstripe-ckeditor
78: [00:39:59] <adrexia> there you go then.
79: [00:40:11] <adrexia> have fun with any editor you like ;)
80: [00:40:20] <Colin[pi]> :o
81: [00:40:33] <Colin[pi]> ah of course it was chillu
82: [00:43:40] <Ryan-Toast> it’s always chillu :P
83: [00:43:45] * zippy has joined #silverstripe
84: [00:43:55] <Stomach> or simon or damian
85: [00:44:17] * micmania1 quit (Quit: micmania1)
86: [00:44:19] <Ryan-Toast> or SPARTACUS
87: [00:44:57] <adrexia> I think chillu may have done a lot of the work to untangle the tinymce dependency, so it would have been a waste if no body attempted to use an other editor ;)
88: [00:45:59] <Ryan-Toast> THE BUTTON APPERAS
89: [00:46:01] <Ryan-Toast> DFKGJBDFG
90: [00:46:03] <Ryan-Toast> HOORAY
91: [00:46:33] <Ryan-Toast> enablePlugins() isn’t enough, you need to actually addButtonsToLine() or another equivilent
92: [00:47:05] <Colin[pi]> Ryan-Toast: oh yeah, I forgot about that too ;P
93: [00:47:31] <Ryan-Toast> Colin[pi]: Well it doesn’t say it in the documentation, until you look at the spellchecker example
94: [00:47:59] <Colin[pi]> mm sounds like you're following a similar path of trial and error to me the last time I made a plugin :D
95: [00:48:06] <Ryan-Toast> :P
96: [00:48:41] <adrexia> <Ryan-Toast> I use cwp's config as docs on tinymce configuration
97: [00:48:47] <adrexia> seems to work for most thigns :D
98: [00:49:00] <Ryan-Toast> cwp?
99: [00:49:30] <adrexia> https://gitlab.cwp.govt.nz/cwp/cwp-core/blob/master/_config.php
100: [00:49:36] <Colin[pi]> Common Web Platform
101: [00:49:47] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: Ah, right. Good plan. Cheers :)
102: [00:52:15] <adrexia> I also stole/forked pretty much all of that config for this module (since it does things like removing the underline button,m which I am philosophically opposed to existing) https://github.com/adrexia/silverstripe-standardsediting
103: [00:57:26] * jedateach has joined #silverstripe
104: [00:57:58] <jedateach> Is it possible to customise the underlying SQLQuery for a DataList?
105: [00:59:05] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
106: [00:59:36] <Colin[pi]> jedateach: there is a setDataQuery method?
107: [00:59:53] <jedateach> thas DataQuey though
108: [01:00:08] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
109: [01:00:24] <jedateach> (which I don’t think has a setSQLQuery method)
110: [01:00:31] <zippy> man.. it must piss you off as a musician if your at a concert and everyone is there just standing with their phones up recording...
111: [01:00:37] <Colin[pi]> jedateach: DataList has a sql() method which calls: $this->dataQuery->query()->sql();
112: [01:00:41] <Colin[pi]> dunno if that helps you
113: [01:00:44] <zippy> a sea of phones
114: [01:01:49] <Colin[pi]> zippy: didnt the queen make a statement about that last week? lol
115: [01:02:07] <Colin[pi]> that she hated how everyone has their phone stuck up in the air when she goes somewhere
116: [01:02:24] <zippy> ha she did too...
117: [01:05:56] <Colin[pi]> if you close a loop in a template with an end_if, ur gonna have a bad time...
118: [01:06:02] <Colin[pi]> (bad colin, bad)
119: [01:06:23] <lenix> hey, does anybody know whether there's some kind of single signon solution available for phpbb / silverstripe?
120: [01:08:50] <adrexia> <lenix> I've not seen anything myself
121: [01:10:06] <jedateach> Colin[pi]: this is what I’ve come up with to allow more advanced querying using SS_List API https://github.com/jedateach/silverstripe-sqlquerylist
122: [01:10:45] <Colin[pi]> jedateach: looks interesting
123: [01:11:15] <zippy> lenix: did we talk about this before...?
124: [01:11:36] <zippy> nope was someone else
125: [01:11:49] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], doing that actually brakes things in 2.4
126: [01:11:54] <simon_w|work> So much fun to figure out ;)
127: [01:12:38] <jedateach> Colin[pi]: I’ve only implemented what I need so far for some custom SS_Reports. Works well so far.
128: [01:13:18] <zippy> lenix: http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2014-08-06#log_1365598 - http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2014-08-06#log_1365299 - http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2014-08-06#log_1365310 - http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2014-08-06#log_1365598 - http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2014-08-06#log_1365599 - fwiw
129: [01:15:07] <lenix> zippy: thanks, i'll have a look :)
130: [01:15:39] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
131: [01:16:47] <zippy> 1d 15 hrs 43 minutes - http://i.imgur.com/SElCxW2.gif
132: [01:17:58] <adrexia> hahaha
133: [01:23:42] * mirrors quit (Quit: Page closed)
134: [01:26:25] <Colin[pi]> mm, kitkat
135: [01:27:23] <simon_w|work> Yay, looking like we'll be moving out of the in-laws' place :)
136: [01:27:27] <Kingy> Colin[pi]: did you know that 418 kitkat fingers are consumed every second world wide
137: [01:27:49] <Colin[pi]> Kingy: I do now
138: [01:28:16] <Kingy> can't believe I got to use that fact today haha
139: [01:28:17] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], I'M GOING TO BE LEAVING YOUR TOWN CENTRE
140: [01:28:34] <simon_w|work> Going to be one of those North-side tossers
141: [01:28:43] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: WHAT???!?
142: [01:28:54] <Colin[pi]> why move there? it's so shitty up there!
143: [01:29:44] <simon_w|work> Oh, it won't be Gungahlin
144: [01:29:49] <simon_w|work> Which is good, cause I can't spell it
145: [01:30:26] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: Belconnen?
146: [01:30:32] <simon_w|work> Yup
147: [01:31:29] <Colin[pi]> Colin[pi]: cool, you'll be close to my ex!
148: [01:31:35] <Colin[pi]> oops simon_w|work lol
149: [01:32:12] <Ryan-Toast> Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - That looks like a bunch of people waiting in line to shake hands with someone.
150: [01:33:41] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], can only get ADSL though :(
151: [01:33:49] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: AHAHAHAHAHAHA
152: [01:33:50] * Tanger has joined #silverstripe
153: [01:33:52] <Colin[pi]> ;D
154: [01:34:01] <Colin[pi]> welcome to my world
155: [01:34:11] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], a lot closer to an exchange though :p
156: [01:34:16] <Colin[pi]> how far?
157: [01:34:36] <simon_w|work> Isn't there one actually in Belconnen?
158: [01:35:25] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: there is one close to UC
159: [01:35:40] <simon_w|work> Either 43-59 Hennessy St, Belconnen or 176 Belconnen Way, Scullin
160: [01:35:43] <simon_w|work> Whichever one's closer
161: [01:36:01] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: I look on TPG maps usually: http://www.tpg.com.au/maps/
162: [01:36:11] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: narrow down to ACT > Belconnen using the dropdowns
163: [01:36:17] <Colin[pi]> you'll see where the exchanges are
164: [01:36:23] <simon_w|work> I just found http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/australian_exchange_guide#aeg_act
165: [01:36:25] <Colin[pi]> there are three
166: [01:36:35] <Colin[pi]> one close to UC/town center
167: [01:36:46] <Colin[pi]> one on Kingsford Smith drive
168: [01:36:56] <Colin[pi]> actually two really, the other one in Melba
169: [01:37:07] <Colin[pi]> the first close to scullin/higgins
170: [01:37:23] <simon_w|work> We'll be <3km
171: [01:37:36] <Colin[pi]> mm I'm in the 3-4.5km bracket :(
172: [01:37:42] <Colin[pi]> I get about 4 down, max
173: [01:37:46] <Colin[pi]> fml
174: [01:38:00] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
175: [01:38:07] <simon_w|work> We're just north of Westfield
176: [01:38:17] <simon_w|work> (Assuming we get the place, which is extremely likely)
177: [01:39:44] <__will> Client came in to visit. They are in a mood. media management. There is talk of switching a site to wordpress because they can't find their files.
178: [01:39:55] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: you just wanted to be further away from me, didn't you? ;(
179: [01:39:57] <Colin[pi]> ;P
180: [01:40:03] <__will> is there a module that improves matters?
181: [01:40:18] <nicolaas> define: cant find their files?
182: [01:40:31] <Colin[pi]> nicolaas: it's in the log from earlier
183: [01:40:40] <nicolaas> ohhh ;-)
184: [01:40:58] <nicolaas> [goes and hides in a corner]
185: [01:41:03] <adrexia> __will not that I know off
186: [01:42:21] <adrexia> someone could pull request making the file images larger
187: [01:42:27] <adrexia> that should be easy enough
188: [01:42:43] <adrexia> search depends on the number of things it has to search through
189: [01:42:56] <adrexia> so improvements there could be tough
190: [01:43:07] <__will> one of the main issues that i don't think i would be able to fix myself is the slowness
191: [01:43:10] <adrexia> the solution is better folder managment
192: [01:43:29] <adrexia> and better nbaming of files
193: [01:43:35] <adrexia> but hard to do retroactively
194: [01:43:37] <__will> yeah, the folders don;t make a lot of sense to me
195: [01:44:15] <__will> eg, i'm working on a site the client has had for a while. no idea where anything is in the folders
196: [01:44:41] <adrexia> are they using the gridfield search, or the search within folders?
197: [01:44:58] <simon_w|work> And WordPress wouldn't help there either, because it can't fix bad file storage patterns
198: [01:45:07] <__will> being able to search by file type, dimensions or other things
199: [01:45:17] <adrexia> oh..
200: [01:45:32] <adrexia> could potentially add some of that data to the gridfield
201: [01:45:34] <__will> the WP image finder / management is a lot better.
202: [01:45:42] <simon_w|work> Sounds like something someone could build over a weekend
203: [01:46:16] <adrexia> __will even with poorly named folders and files?
204: [01:46:16] <__will> doesn't mean i prefer WP, but the client has a point there
205: [01:46:52] <__will> yes, because it's full screen, super fast and gives instant feedback on the actual image (not square thumbnail) and dimensions
206: [01:48:01] <adrexia> hmm you can use gridfield filter to filter for filke type
207: [01:48:22] <adrexia> by putting .png in the name filter
208: [01:48:57] <adrexia> it's jkust to explicitly clear that you can do that
209: [01:49:30] <adrexia> and honestly, it looks like someone has gone and broken the css with this thing again
210: [01:49:32] <__will> right, thats a good tip
211: [01:50:23] <__will> the search icon in the kb column isn't super intuitive either
212: [01:50:30] <adrexia> I think we need a gallery view for file maangement
213: [01:51:04] <adrexia> _will it's not where you'd expect, no
214: [01:51:14] <adrexia> perhaps it needs to be made to look more like a button
215: [01:55:06] <simon_w|work> adrexia, go work your front-endy magic on it :p
216: [01:56:18] * Ryan-Toast needs to fork the cms
217: [01:56:42] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
218: [01:58:48] <simon_w|work> Aww, still only on $60
219: [01:58:53] <simon_w|work> People should give me more moneys! :p
220: [01:59:28] <Ryan-Toast> Had a meeting, showed clients an example of boilerplate. Title of page is: “iOS7 And Their iDiot Users” they didn’t appreciate that :P
221: [01:59:34] <__will> simon_w - i think its a bit more broken than a weekends front end fixes? for eg, the slowness. or is it simpler behind the scenes than i'm imagining... i should go look at the code i guess
222: [02:00:22] <Ryan-Toast> __will: While the files view is pretty average, I’ve never had an issue with the speed
223: [02:01:33] <__will> when i click the dropdown to choose a folder, it takes 5 seconds to show the list
224: [02:03:03] <__will> there is only 20 folders or so..
225: [02:03:38] <__will> it takes 4 seconds each time i click to go to the next page of 4 images
226: [02:04:15] <__will> compared to WP's infinite scrolling backbone-powered snazzyness, its not really good enough
227: [02:06:08] <Ryan-Toast> __will: It’s almost like they have millions of users, and the money to incrementally update such a function.
228: [02:06:33] <__will> yeah, thats a fair point, totally.
229: [02:07:11] <Ryan-Toast> there are plenty of things that are in the wishlist for SS, and I believe the file management is one of them
230: [02:07:24] <micmania1> __will: you could always add it here: http://silverstripe.uservoice.com/forums/251266-new-features
231: [02:07:27] <__will> different point to "it's good enough"
232: [02:07:41] <__will> and clients don't really care what's fair.
233: [02:08:50] <__will> micmania1, cool. didn't know about that site. thanks. Ill go canvas for support there. : )
234: [02:09:57] <Stomach> Ryan-Toast - how is "Allow the site tree sidebar when editing a page to be resized" going?
235: [02:10:16] <__will> I guess i just wanted to see if it was just me, if it was something i was doing wrong, if there was a plugin to fix and if i could get anybody on the SS team to be interested in improving it.
236: [02:10:37] <__will> the answers were: no, no, no and maybe.
237: [02:10:44] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: literally just started this: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/trunk/misc/contributing/code
238: [02:14:46] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
239: [02:14:54] <simon_w|work> Ryan-Toast, if you ask sminnee nicely enough, it might even be able to go into 3.1
240: [02:14:59] <simon_w|work> Though he just quit, the slacker!
241: [02:16:24] <Stomach> he quit?
242: [02:16:32] <Stomach> oh, the IRC channel
243: [02:16:33] <Stomach> lol
244: [02:17:16] <adrexia> I've not had it that slow. :-/
245: [02:17:48] <adrexia> is it actually indexing all the files and filtering or something?
246: [02:19:31] <adrexia> for what its worth, I doubt think it's the javascript that slows things down.
247: [02:19:48] <adrexia> more likely the db queries
248: [02:20:38] <simon_w|work> Yay! Got the place!
249: [02:20:46] <adrexia> congrats!
250: [02:20:55] <simon_w|work> Going to move out of the in-laws' place and get all my shit delivered!
251: [02:25:15] <simon_w|work> Going to cost moneys though :(
252: [02:26:54] <__will> adrexia - That's in dev mode. it is a bit faster on live. but slow enough to aggravate the other issues.
253: [02:27:18] <__will> not sure about db queries to blame - isn't it only fetching 8 results per page?
254: [02:27:45] <adrexia> not sure. but if its taking 5 seconds it doing it wrong
255: [02:30:31] <adrexia> could speed things up so much if we ignored that not all users can view/create/edit everything ;)
256: [02:31:28] <simon_w|work> Bah, 2FA makes wiping a browser's cache so much more annoying
257: [02:36:46] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
258: [02:37:28] * Selay has joined #silverstripe
259: [02:39:09] <Selay> Hi guys, I have some jquery in body where there are javascript varaibles with $. The issue SS thnks they are SS variables and makes them empty area. Is there a simple way to say not to touch any $ inside <script> tags?
260: [02:39:36] <sminnee> Selay: you need to escape them. I think \$ works
261: [02:40:08] <sminnee> Yep, use \$ instead of $
262: [02:40:19] <Selay> @@sminnee thanks.
263: [02:40:24] <Selay> I will try it
264: [02:46:15] <__will> anyone used kickassets? maybe that helps with some of this stuff, although not updated for a few years.
265: [02:48:45] <Tanger> _will: Kickassets is pretty cool. Not sure how the 3.1 version holds up though
266: [02:49:21] <__will> k, thanks, ill give it a go
267: [02:52:37] <willr> sminnee naut-cli meant to work with cwp?
268: [02:53:05] <sminnee> willr: no, sorry. there are unpublished API changes not live yet. will do in the future, though.
269: [02:53:46] <willr> Was hopeful. Stil looking forward to naut being released :)
270: [02:54:07] <willr> naut-cli + snapshots would make my life 10x awesome l337
271: [02:54:45] <sminnee> willr: yeah; i’d like to get the full web UI featureset into naut-cli.
272: [02:55:10] <sminnee> right now it was just a hackday project, and it’s gone the 1 internal use-case that was crying for it workign
273: [02:56:47] <simon_w|work> Aww, no one's installed my encrypted field module yet
274: [02:58:58] <Tanger> simon_w|work: I'm guessing it encrypts input in a field? What kinda encryption?
275: [02:59:23] <simon_w|work> Tanger, AES
276: [02:59:42] <simon_w|work> Doesn't even need mcrypt!
277: [03:01:12] <Tanger> Haha, cool
278: [03:01:16] <Ryan-Toast> simon_w: thsis sis what you want, right? http://www.gfycat.com/SolidPlayfulKoodoo
279: [03:02:16] <simon_w|work> Um, ask adrexia about the design
280: [03:03:24] <adrexia> looks good. You might not actually need an indicator, so long as the pointer changes
281: [03:04:04] <adrexia> in the early days people instinctively tried to drag it open.
282: [03:04:14] <Ryan-Toast> I have it set to only have the south east helper, as using the actual side of the div is a little buggy with how focus works over input fields
283: [03:04:21] <adrexia> ...however, its been a while now, and people have learnt it doesn't do taht
284: [03:04:26] <Ryan-Toast> with entwine that is
285: [03:04:33] <adrexia> so, perhaps it is needed for a while
286: [03:04:56] <adrexia> oh, right
287: [03:05:07] <adrexia> so the whole thing isn't dragable
288: [03:05:37] <Ryan-Toast> It can be, but entwine fires events on input hover, which overrides the resize function
289: [03:06:02] <Ryan-Toast> which means the resize will pause while hovered over an input/textarea
290: [03:06:11] <adrexia> ahh
291: [03:06:14] <Ryan-Toast> I’ll show you what I mean
292: [03:07:20] <adrexia> it's better than not having resize, and the icon looks fine (though maybe make the lines a little bigger to match the icons nearby)
293: [03:07:49] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia, it’s the default jQuery ui icon
294: [03:08:04] <Tanger> Is it worth upgrading from 2.4 to 3.1 by porting the code or would it be more effcient to simply start from scratch?
295: [03:08:08] <Ryan-Toast> I can make a new one, just don’t like file creep is all :P
296: [03:08:20] <adrexia> can you make it bigger?
297: [03:08:23] <Ryan-Toast> ye
298: [03:08:26] <adrexia> oh no, nevermind
299: [03:08:31] <adrexia> jquery use icons not fonts
300: [03:08:35] <zippy> I don't think this site suits thi sdesign, http://www.nzsugarfree.co.nz/
301: [03:08:39] <adrexia> old school
302: [03:08:42] <adrexia> ;)
303: [03:08:52] <Ryan-Toast> zippy: lolwut
304: [03:09:18] <zippy> yea it's a bit hmm
305: [03:09:19] <adrexia> thats fanatstic
306: [03:09:20] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: I think it was you and I who were talking the other day about swapping out all the images for svg sprites
307: [03:09:20] <adrexia> :D
308: [03:09:33] <simon_w|work> Tanger, depends how custom it is
309: [03:09:35] <zippy> it's like someone passed a mock up to the designer, and he did it literally
310: [03:09:51] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: the pausing I mentioned: http://www.gfycat.com/LoneGenerousBrocketdeer
311: [03:10:18] <adrexia> <Ryan-Toast> yep.
312: [03:10:21] <adrexia> well, I was talking about swapping them out for icon fonts, which amounts to the same thing :)
313: [03:10:39] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: I prefer the sprites as they’re easier to change
314: [03:10:48] <Kingy> so what do you do when flush doesn't have flush changes?
315: [03:10:52] <Ryan-Toast> and you can compile them,
316: [03:10:58] <Kingy> actually flush changes*
317: [03:10:59] <adrexia> ahh - better to have the nice fluid-ness and a drag point I think
318: [03:11:06] <zippy> Kingy: flush flush all
319: [03:11:17] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: yeah, that’s why I did it like that
320: [03:11:51] <adrexia> <Ryan-Toast> I prefer fonts because the css is more readable :)
321: [03:11:59] <adrexia> and easier to use
322: [03:12:10] <Ryan-Toast> unicodes are esier to read? :P
323: [03:12:25] <adrexia> everything gets given a css nameds selectopr :P
324: [03:12:50] <adrexia> and it's a very small piece of css
325: [03:12:51] <Ryan-Toast> I use varible names to name the sprite areas
326: [03:12:58] * adrexia nods
327: [03:13:22] <Ryan-Toast> that and the benifits of svg transformations
328: [03:13:38] <Kingy> PHP Warning: file_get_contents(www/nzx-agri/cms/javascript/lang/en_NZ.js): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in www/nzx-agri/framework/view/Requirements.php
329: [03:13:40] <Kingy> wtf is that
330: [03:13:42] <adrexia> I like my icons to inherit colours from the text
331: [03:14:05] <ss23> lol Kingy
332: [03:14:06] <ss23> fail
333: [03:14:06] * simon_w|work automatically added "like I like my women" into that...
334: [03:14:07] <adrexia> so you can say color:#fff, and the icons will also be that colour
335: [03:14:10] <Ryan-Toast> svgs can do that
336: [03:14:21] <Kingy> not fail :(
337: [03:14:29] <adrexia> automatically? with color css ?
338: [03:14:36] <Ryan-Toast> not with color, no.
339: [03:14:49] <adrexia> they can if they are an svgh font ;)
340: [03:15:35] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: Well, you can use just color and use the currentColor value, but it’s not very cross browser
341: [03:15:46] <adrexia> haha
342: [03:16:11] <Ryan-Toast> Hmm, wonder if fill inheritance would work
343: [03:16:13] <adrexia> I do like svgs, don't get me wrong
344: [03:16:23] <adrexia> I just think fonts make css easier
345: [03:16:36] <adrexia> and anything that makes css easier is a good thing, imo
346: [03:16:38] <Ryan-Toast> No arguments there, I use http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
347: [03:16:41] <Ryan-Toast> all the time
348: [03:16:46] <adrexia> yep :)
349: [03:17:12] <Ryan-Toast> But I normally have my designers cook eme up some svgs based on their designs
350: [03:21:55] <simon_w|work> Yay, lunch time
351: [03:23:41] <adrexia> that does give you a lot of flexibility. But then you need to do the same thing again if you need another icon
352: [03:24:19] <adrexia> but certainly a lot better than using an image sprite
353: [03:25:06] <adrexia> (flexibility with design)
354: [03:27:23] <Kingy> this is driving me nuts
355: [03:27:25] <Kingy> flush goddammit
356: [03:28:45] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: I don’t make something until the design is finalised.
357: [03:29:03] * adrexia nods
358: [03:29:21] <adrexia> I guess it depends on how the website will be maintained
359: [03:29:55] <adrexia> and how much the website owner is willing to pay for each new feature in the future
360: [03:30:06] <Ryan-Toast> adrexia: pretty much
361: [03:30:21] <adrexia> but it terms of the cms - it would be good to have a rather large selection of icons
362: [03:30:34] <Ryan-Toast> yeah, I have that in my shortcode generator
363: [03:30:39] <Ryan-Toast> all the icons in a list
364: [03:30:45] <adrexia> :)
365: [03:30:48] <Ryan-Toast> trhat they can input into the content via the cms
366: [03:39:18] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
367: [03:43:29] * cloph_away has joined #silverstripe
368: [03:43:39] * cloph quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
369: [03:51:56] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
370: [04:01:00] <Kingy> www/nzx-agri/framework/javascript/lang/en_NZ.j
371: [04:01:01] <Kingy> s
372: [04:01:02] <Kingy> ss23: what is this file
373: [04:02:03] <Stomach> adrexia - you know that standards editor that you showed us earlier - is there a way to only apply that to one HTMLEditor in the CMS, not all of them?
374: [04:06:11] <adrexia> Stomach - There was a module floating around that would let you define different tinymce insatnces per editor field
375: [04:08:45] <Stomach> hmmm, finding it will be fun :D
376: [04:12:21] <ss23> Kingy: It's a file that doesn't exist!
377: [04:12:28] <ss23> Kingy: I seriously dunno :O
378: [04:12:34] <ss23> Looks like failed translation javascript stuff I guess
379: [04:12:37] <Kingy> well duh, but has it ever existed and why all of sudden is notihng working :(
380: [04:12:44] <Kingy> raging
381: [04:12:53] <ss23> Have you tried flushing?
382: [04:12:53] <ss23> :D
383: [04:13:03] <Kingy> thats what is causing the error
384: [04:13:14] <Kingy> im making updates to backend and trying to flush to make it work and it's giving me that error
385: [04:13:23] <ss23> rm -rf /tmp/silver*
386: [04:20:32] <Kingy> nothing in there
387: [04:20:50] <ss23> cry
388: [04:20:50] <ss23> :(
389: [04:20:57] <Kingy> pmuch lol
390: [04:21:53] <adrexia> https://github.com/nathancox/silverstripe-customhtmleditorfield
391: [04:21:57] <adrexia> think taht's one of them
392: [04:22:38] * jordanmk has joined #silverstripe
393: [04:24:07] <jordanmk> hey guys, anyone got any experience taking the DB content for a specific subsite (using the Subsites module) from one DB to another?
394: [04:24:53] <jordanmk> i've got 3 sites hosted on a staging server and production server using the Subsites module. the content for one of the subsites on the staging server has been completely redone (and there's a lot of it), and now needs to be taken over to the production server
395: [04:25:11] <jordanmk> but the content for the other 2 subsites is out of date with the content for those sites on the production server
396: [04:25:37] <jordanmk> so i can't just copy across the whole shared DB for the 3 sites from staging to production, i need to just copy the content for one of the subsites
397: [04:26:25] <jordanmk> hoping someone will have done that before (or attempted to do so) so that i know whether it's relatively simple or whether i'm going to be better off just manually copying content over via the CMS from staging to production
398: [04:27:52] * vebb quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
399: [04:29:25] <adrexia> you probably want an inbetween step
400: [04:29:32] <adrexia> rather than going straight to live
401: [04:30:04] <adrexia> It won't be easy
402: [04:30:33] <adrexia> it's essentially content migration
403: [04:30:57] <adrexia> manually might be a lot easier
404: [04:32:53] <adrexia> depending on how complex your data structure is
405: [04:39:49] <jordanmk> hmm
406: [04:42:27] <jordanmk> the biggest problem i can potentially see
407: [04:42:44] <jordanmk> is that all 3 subsites are using Swipestripe
408: [04:42:55] <jordanmk> and have their own products and product categories
409: [04:43:08] <jordanmk> which appear to be all in shared tables in the shared DB
410: [04:43:30] <adrexia> you'll probably need to do an audit of each db table and find out what specifics nbeed to be migrated
411: [04:44:17] <adrexia> then write a task that covers them all
412: [04:44:29] <adrexia> or migrate them one at a time
413: [04:45:01] <adrexia> moist things are in shared tables in the db. The only indicator is normally the subsite id
414: [04:45:14] <adrexia> unl;ess you have name spaces pagetypes/db objects et al
415: [04:45:49] <adrexia> *name spaced
416: [04:46:38] <jordanmk> it's a site that a previous developer created, don't think any name spacing was done
417: [04:48:03] * adrexia nods
418: [04:48:27] <adrexia> so any db table with a subsiteID is potentially soimethign that needs migrating
419: [04:48:48] <jordanmk> mm okay i guess i'll just look through the tables and try to figure out what needs to be migrated over
420: [04:48:55] <adrexia> if there are changes to the db tables that don't have subsiteID's, then I have no idea how you'd capture them
421: [04:49:08] <adrexia> maybe a time period thing
422: [04:49:19] <adrexia> but that will be super annoying
423: [04:49:37] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
424: [04:50:14] <Blacklite> ok so i'm on SS 2.4 and trying to use TreeDropDownField with the subsites module, but it always returns pages from the main site, never the current subsite
425: [04:50:25] <Blacklite> anyone know anything about this?
426: [04:51:01] <adrexia> subsites makes me cry
427: [04:51:06] <ss23> 2.4 makes me cry
428: [04:51:23] <Blacklite> yeah, so i hope you can appreciate the fact im still typing right now ;/
429: [04:51:35] <Blacklite> im fighting the tears
430: [04:54:31] <willr> Blacklite should be context aware. Your dropdown isn’t in a Subsite::disable_subsite_filter() ?
431: [04:55:20] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
432: [04:55:36] <caamic30> Hello SS!
433: [04:55:41] <Blacklite> nope
434: [04:55:57] <caamic30> how to set exact match to model admin to a certain field
435: [04:55:59] <caamic30> ??
436: [04:56:09] <adrexia> is it in the cms area, or a model admin?
437: [04:56:20] <Blacklite> it's a model admin
438: [04:56:44] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
439: [04:56:57] <Blacklite> i noticed that the subsite dropdown box isn't usable within this section
440: [04:57:02] <Blacklite> it only works on the "Pages" section
441: [04:57:27] <adrexia> yeah, modeladmins aren't really subsite aware by default
442: [04:57:29] <zippy> 1d 12hrs 3mins
443: [04:57:44] <Blacklite> yep - figured it'd be something like that
444: [04:58:13] * caamic30 quit (Client Quit)
445: [04:58:14] <Blacklite> to be honest, i'd like to just make this one dropdown subsite aware
446: [04:58:20] <adrexia> umm... my knowledge of 2.4 is very limited, so I'm not sure what do to there
447: [04:58:56] <adrexia> can you filter the tree data by subsiteID before giving it to the treedropdown?
448: [04:59:38] <zippy> Kingy: ya graph poked?
449: [04:59:55] <Blacklite> hmm
450: [05:00:12] <Blacklite> well i just searched for "class TreeDropDownField"
451: [05:00:17] <Blacklite> to find the definition
452: [05:00:21] * jedateach quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
453: [05:00:24] <zippy> Kingy: I did have to reboot that server last week, after an install, and will be upgrading php today/tomorrow fyi.
454: [05:00:34] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
455: [05:00:43] <Kingy> ahh
456: [05:00:46] <zippy> Kingy: shouldn't effect you, unless your not error handling / or not running as cron
457: [05:00:53] * nicolaas quit (Remote host closed the connection)
458: [05:00:56] <Kingy> i havent' checked it in a week
459: [05:01:02] <Kingy> probs ran out of space lol
460: [05:01:04] <zippy> hahah
461: [05:01:10] <zippy> too many pics eh
462: [05:01:11] <adrexia> setFilterFunction( callable $callback )
463: [05:01:16] <Blacklite> oh well, here it is: http://api.silverstripe.org/2.4/class-TreeDropdownField.html
464: [05:01:17] <adrexia> maybe that will work for you?
465: [05:02:20] <Kingy> let's see
466: [05:02:36] <Kingy> yep haha
467: [05:02:40] <Kingy> use 100%
468: [05:02:49] * SightUnseen has joined #silverstripe
469: [05:02:51] <Blacklite> adrexia: you talking to me?
470: [05:03:09] <adrexia> Blacklite I was, yeah
471: [05:03:10] <adrexia> Blacklite - are you using the treedropdown on a dataobject
472: [05:03:12] <adrexia> ?
473: [05:03:14] <Blacklite> ah yep, Set a callback used to filter the values of the tree before displaying to the user.
474: [05:03:18] <Blacklite> no, just like this:
475: [05:03:26] <Kingy> oh wow i can't even tab
476: [05:03:46] <Blacklite> $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Main', new TreeDropDownField('RelatedLinkID','Related page link','Page'));
477: [05:03:53] * micmania1 has left #silverstripe
478: [05:04:01] * Zopiclone quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
479: [05:04:11] <adrexia> ahh, yep
480: [05:04:13] * SightUnseen has left #silverstripe
481: [05:04:23] * hailwood quit (Quit: Leaving.)
482: [05:04:24] <jordanmk> adrexia, do you know if i need to copy over ALL records in ALL tables associated with a particular item? for example, there's a bunch of BlogEntry records that need to be copied over. can i just copy over the ones from the BlogEntry table, or will i also need to copy the ones from BlogEntry_Live and BlogEntry_verions? it won't be a problem to have to go through and publish all the blog
483: [05:04:24] <jordanmk> entries if i can just copy the records in BlogEntry, basically just wondering if it will cause issues to only copy the entries from BlogEntry table and not the other two
484: [05:05:55] <adrexia> jordanmk yif you are fine with them appearing in draft, then the one table should be ok I think. You might want to test it with one table first and see what happens
485: [05:06:32] * nickmolhoek quit (Quit: nickmolhoek)
486: [05:06:40] <jordanmk> okay cool, cheers
487: [05:06:40] <Kingy> ok zippy should hopefully start working
488: [05:06:57] <Blacklite> tbh i'd rather change it so that it got its values from a dataobject
489: [05:07:01] <Blacklite> rather than running a filter over it
490: [05:07:20] <adrexia> got it
491: [05:07:28] <adrexia> 's values from a dataobject?
492: [05:07:36] <adrexia> it sort of will, won't it?
493: [05:09:14] <adrexia> you'd just be filtering the dataobjects by 'SubsiteID'=>Subsite::currentSubsiteID()
494: [05:09:20] <Blacklite> yeah pretty much
495: [05:09:22] <adrexia> I suspect
496: [05:18:44] * Ryan-Toast quit (Quit: Ryan-Toast)
497: [05:23:25] * Olliepop quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
498: [05:26:38] <Blacklite> hmm that doesn't seem to work
499: [05:27:54] <zippy> Kingy: died again :)
500: [05:27:54] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
501: [05:28:14] <Kingy> lol ah well, i'm not at home until tomorrow night so i'll have to kick it's ass
502: [05:28:27] <Kingy> probably died on me
503: [05:28:33] <adrexia> Blacklite - the cvallback?
504: [05:28:51] <Blacklite> yeah it's not being called
505: [05:29:08] <Kingy> just rebotted it
506: [05:29:08] <adrexia> what dopes your coede look like?
507: [05:29:10] <Kingy> rebooted
508: [05:29:19] <Kingy> im out now so cya
509: [05:29:35] <Blacklite> well similar to before
510: [05:29:39] <Blacklite> $RelatedLinkID->setFilterFunction(array($this, 'filterSubsitePages'));
511: [05:29:45] <Blacklite> then in public function filterSubsitePages($node)
512: [05:29:49] <Blacklite> var_dump($node); die();
513: [05:29:53] * Kingy is now known as Kingy[a]
514: [05:29:54] <adrexia> ahh, yeah I see
515: [05:30:04] <adrexia> needs to be a callback
516: [05:30:15] <Blacklite> oh so it has to be an actual function?
517: [05:30:18] <Blacklite> like
518: [05:30:18] <adrexia> like - the whole parameter is the function
519: [05:30:28] <adrexia> only example I could find in core is this: $parentIDField->setFilterFunction(create_function('$node', "return \$node->ID != {$this->ID};"));
520: [05:30:36] <Blacklite> yeah but
521: [05:30:40] <Blacklite> i looked at the source and it's like this
522: [05:31:23] <adrexia> oh, and this one: //$copyContentFromField->setFilterFunction(create_function('$item', 'return !($item instanceof VirtualPage);'));
523: [05:31:46] <adrexia> but its commented out
524: [05:31:47] <Blacklite> if(!is_callable($callback, true)) {
525: [05:32:14] <Blacklite> i'll try this
526: [05:32:16] <adrexia> that is a ratehr difficult to read statement
527: [05:32:16] <Blacklite> $RelatedLinkID->setFilterFunction(false);
528: [05:32:28] <Blacklite> cause that shouldn't be "Callable"
529: [05:32:32] <Blacklite> and should result in a fatal error
530: [05:32:35] * adrexia nods
531: [05:33:08] <Blacklite> nope - it loaded. i must be in the wrong place :/
532: [05:33:47] <Blacklite> k i have no idea
533: [05:34:35] <Blacklite> oh i just realised - i removed the addFieldToTab entirely, it shouldn't be there at all
534: [05:34:49] <Blacklite> oh omfg
535: [05:35:11] <Blacklite> so it turns out my local webserver wasn't even running
536: [05:35:19] <Tanger> lol
537: [05:35:20] <Blacklite> and i was on the staging site lmao
538: [05:35:24] <ss23> haha
539: [05:37:17] <Blacklite> ok so anyway
540: [05:38:25] <Blacklite> i don't think this will work, because it already filters by subsite (it uses the main site)
541: [05:38:33] <Blacklite> so it must be somewhat subsite aware
542: [05:41:58] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
543: [05:43:20] * zippy quit (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
544: [05:46:15] <adrexia> yeah, that's a good point
545: [05:46:38] <adrexia> I wonder how the hierarchy things work without a filter explicitly set
546: [05:46:57] <caamic30> how to set exact match to a certain field in dataobject?
547: [05:47:13] <adrexia> what would you be storing the value of the tree to anyway?
548: [05:48:02] <caamic30> so that in my modeladmin search filters, instead of using query Like “%%”, it will be using the ExactMatch
549: [05:48:04] <caamic30> ??
550: [05:48:19] <adrexia> sorry <caamic30>, was replying to <Blacklite>
551: [05:48:51] <adrexia> I know too little about db queries to be the person to answer your question
552: [05:49:28] <caamic30> anyone please
553: [05:49:29] <caamic30> ?
554: [05:54:07] <simon_w|work> caamic30, http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/source-class-DataObject.html#3235
555: [05:54:16] <simon_w|work> Use that format in your $searchable_fields
556: [06:00:45] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
557: [06:03:16] <Colin[pi]> a visit to jaycar today! now I feel like a real nerd
558: [06:03:26] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
559: [06:04:06] * Colin[pi] waves at sminnee
560: [06:04:16] <sminnee> jo
561: [06:04:46] <adrexia> <Colin[pi]> I was there saturday
562: [06:04:57] <Colin[pi]> adrexia: :o love that store, lots of cool stuff
563: [06:05:04] <adrexia> got a bunch of switches I had no intention of using for their actual purpose
564: [06:05:17] <Colin[pi]> adrexia: lol ok? and what is their purpose?
565: [06:05:22] <adrexia> and other things that will actually to stuff, like LEDs
566: [06:05:47] <adrexia> it's fopr a steampunk thing. Needed a whole lot of switches
567: [06:05:52] <Colin[pi]> cool lol
568: [06:06:00] <Colin[pi]> I'm just installing some DRLs on my car
569: [06:06:02] <Colin[pi]> bit more boring
570: [06:06:08] <adrexia> DRLs?
571: [06:07:08] <adrexia> google says Daytime running lamps, or drugh registration and listing system
572: [06:07:08] <Colin[pi]> Daytime Running Lights... those bright white led thingys that are on every 2nd car these days
573: [06:07:12] <adrexia> ahh :)
574: [06:07:15] <Colin[pi]> bingo :)
575: [06:07:17] <adrexia> got it
576: [06:07:46] <adrexia> these ones look cool. :D
577: [06:07:47] <adrexia> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp#mediaviewer/File:LED_DaytimeRunningLights.jpg
578: [06:08:41] <Colin[pi]> indeed, mine will be a bit more boring though, like these (bright white, not yellow): http://www.ijdmtoy.com/BLOG/Showcase/Car-LED-Blog/galleries/2011-09-14/honda-civic-switchback-led-drl-2.jpg
579: [06:09:00] * adrexia nods
580: [06:09:08] <Colin[pi]> still, fun project to install.. main problem will be I need to wire through the firewall :(
581: [06:09:17] <Colin[pi]> i.e. from the engine bay into the cabin
582: [06:09:20] <Colin[pi]> which sucks
583: [06:09:21] <Colin[pi]> but oh well
584: [06:09:28] <adrexia> an *actual* firewall
585: [06:09:29] <adrexia> :D
586: [06:09:58] <Colin[pi]> lol yes... guy in a forum said "make sure you replace the grommit when you're done, or you'll end up with an ACTUAL fire at your feet like I did"
587: [06:10:13] <adrexia> exciting!
588: [06:10:14] <adrexia> :D
589: [06:10:24] <Colin[pi]> yeah beats being bored stuck in traffic
590: [06:11:06] <adrexia> +1
591: [06:21:53] * wmk has joined #silverstripe
592: [06:22:27] * vebb has joined #silverstripe
593: [06:27:47] * stephanvd has joined #silverstripe
594: [06:29:45] <simon_w|work> Oops, might run out of work again...
595: [06:30:52] * stephanvd quit (Client Quit)
596: [06:33:19] * stephanvd has joined #silverstripe
597: [06:33:48] * stephanvd quit (Client Quit)
598: [06:41:13] <Stomach> simon_w|work - problem?
599: [06:41:31] <simon_w|work> Stomach, well, then I just sit here twiddling my thumbs
600: [06:41:34] <simon_w|work> That's boring
601: [06:41:41] <Stomach> more modules!
602: [06:41:55] <simon_w|work> Not SilverStripe!
603: [06:42:28] <Stomach> surely you have more unit tests to write
604: [06:42:44] <simon_w|work> Nope
605: [06:43:07] <Stomach> test the tests?
606: [06:43:20] <Stomach> test the tests tests
607: [06:43:24] <Stomach> test the tests tests tests
608: [06:43:35] <Stomach> programmers love recursion, right?
609: [06:43:52] <ss23> I like infinite loops more
610: [06:44:36] <Stomach> while (true) { printf("too easy"); }
611: [06:45:06] <Stomach> simon_w|work - you could pentest your oauth module
612: [06:45:29] <Stomach> we're hopefully gonna be getting a pentest done on a big SS install in the next month
613: [06:45:36] <Stomach> I am _not_ looking forward to it
614: [06:46:56] <ss23> Stomach: srsly, save yourself a bunch of time, make sure HTTPs is turned on and cookies expire
615: [06:47:00] <ss23> :/
616: [06:47:25] <simon_w|work> Stomach, Install my 2FA module and turn it on for all admins!
617: [06:48:01] <Stomach> ss23 - its a peace of mind thing, we're dealing with a whole lot of peoples information available over an API using simons oauth module
618: [06:48:22] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
619: [06:48:26] <Stomach> simon_w|work - yeah thats a good idea, glad you wrote that :D
620: [06:48:40] * Stomach installs it on all servers everywhere and fucks off the entire population
621: [06:48:41] <ss23> Stomach: Yeah, I just mean make sure you do that before the pentest to prevent them reporting it and wasting everyones time
622: [06:49:06] <Stomach> ss23, yeah I'm going to be putting it on the live server too
623: [06:49:24] <Stomach> last time I was involved in a pentest it was on a staging server and it was an utter waste of time
624: [06:49:29] <ss23> lol
625: [06:49:37] <ss23> Yeah, some companies are really not good at testing the right stuff
626: [06:50:21] <Stomach> "there are multiple database connections being sent through this port to other databases: possible vector of attack is retardation by us"
627: [06:50:29] <Stomach> thanks $4000
628: [06:50:43] <simon_w|work> "Going to /admin shows a login page!"
629: [06:50:49] <Stomach> hahahaha
630: [06:50:52] <Stomach> oh man, we had that
631: [06:51:21] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
632: [06:51:28] <ss23> We once had "There's two URLs you can use to access the site!"
633: [06:51:29] <simon_w|work> Just change it to wp-admin :p
634: [06:51:46] <Stomach> simon_w|work - silverstripe already handles that with security by obfuscation
635: [06:52:02] <Stomach> we get literally thousands of wp-admin requests across all our servers each day
636: [06:52:11] <Stomach> if nothing, ukranians are persistant
637: [06:52:15] <simon_w|work> Easier regex to add to fail2ban
638: [06:52:18] <Stomach> or very good at hiding their ips
639: [06:52:58] * joelpittet quit (Client Quit)
640: [06:53:31] <Stomach> ss23 - thats bad for seo mmmkay
641: [06:54:00] <simon_w|work> Oh man, the people that don't like having multiple URLs to the same thing for SEO
642: [06:54:05] <simon_w|work> THERE'S A LINK TAG FOR THAT
643: [06:54:15] <Stomach> rel="canonical" is such a pain
644: [06:54:23] * adrexia_ has joined #silverstripe
645: [06:54:25] <Stomach> you have to implement it and stuff
646: [06:54:29] <Stomach> :D
647: [06:54:49] <simon_w|work> It's probably easier for most people than implementing a proper redirect :p
648: [06:55:21] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
649: [06:55:24] <Stomach> [R=301,L] != difficult
650: [06:56:16] <simon_w|work> Nor's rel="canonical" :p
651: [06:56:51] <simon_w|work> Maybe I should make a module that adds that to $MetaTags :p\
652: [06:57:09] <Stomach> "Downloads in the last week: 0"
653: [06:57:57] <Stomach> we still include MetaTags in our default install
654: [06:58:01] <Stomach> should probably get rid of that
655: [06:58:39] <simon_w|work> http://wedding.welsh-au.com/
656: [06:58:42] <simon_w|work> Looks like I don't
657: [07:00:03] <Stomach> are you going to name your first child lewis
658: [07:00:42] <simon_w|work> Doubt it
659: [07:00:46] <ss23> lol @ welsh-au odmain
660: [07:01:23] <simon_w|work> Could be worse. Could be a ss23 domain :p
661: [07:01:36] <ss23> ouch
662: [07:01:36] <ss23> :(
663: [07:01:47] <ss23> hum, guess I should get burgerfuel for dinner
664: [07:01:49] <ss23> I feel hungry
665: [07:01:49] <ss23> idk
666: [07:01:51] <ss23> I could just get a pie
667: [07:01:58] <ss23> low blood sugar messes with your sense of hunger really bad :/
668: [07:01:59] <simon_w|work> Also, wedding's taken on the NZ domain
669: [07:02:49] <Stomach> better-wedding.welsh.co.nz
670: [07:03:53] <simon_w|work> Somewhat related, anyone want to pay for our photographer? :p
671: [07:05:02] <ss23> I have a Nokia
672: [07:05:04] <ss23> :D
673: [07:05:06] <ss23> I'll do it for cheap
674: [07:05:14] <ss23> In fact, for free, assuming I get the food
675: [07:05:56] <simon_w|work> If we wanted someone cheap, I've got a brother and father that would do much better jobs
676: [07:07:18] <ss23> :D
677: [07:15:16] * stephanvd has joined #silverstripe
678: [07:20:06] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
679: [07:29:30] <jordanmk> does SilverStripe prevent you from updating the ID of an object?
680: [07:29:35] <jordanmk> SS 2.4 at least?
681: [07:29:42] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
682: [07:30:14] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
683: [07:30:21] <jordanmk> trying to do the following: http://pastebin.com/3bwxzshb
684: [07:31:04] <jordanmk> but it doesn't seem to be doing anything (at least, the record in the BlogHolder table in the DB doesn't seem to be affected by that code)
685: [07:35:04] <simon_w|work> jordanmk, That would either create a new row or do nothing (can't remember which one 2.4 does), as the ID value is used to know which row to change
686: [07:35:35] <jordanmk> ah, of course
687: [07:40:49] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
688: [07:45:00] * stnvh has joined #silverstripe
689: [07:45:57] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
690: [07:51:08] * ocmnt has joined #silverstripe
691: [07:51:24] <ocmnt> howdy
692: [07:53:43] <Shrike_Finland> Hi, is there something wrong with this emptyString = true method on SS3.1 ? http://pastebin.com/7avnv3K6
693: [07:54:17] * Zopiclone has joined #silverstripe
694: [07:56:01] * __will quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
695: [07:56:21] <Shrike_Finland> This Large Blog module gives error and said something about depricated -> setHasEmptyDefault instead…
696: [08:04:37] * kinglozzer has joined #silverstripe
697: [08:07:50] <Zopiclone> Hello
698: [08:08:49] * Stomach quit (Quit: bye)
699: [08:09:00] <Shrike_Finland> hi
700: [08:12:07] * Selay quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
701: [08:16:31] <Zopiclone> Anyone good with editing forms?
702: [08:16:42] <Zopiclone> Im getting a Fatal error: Call to a member function data() on a non-object
703: [08:16:56] <Zopiclone> When i try to edit
704: [08:18:53] * r_hector has joined #silverstripe
705: [08:22:11] <Zopiclone> http://websitequote.co.nz/your-requests/?edit=53
706: [08:22:24] <Zopiclone> demo demo
707: [08:23:04] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
708: [08:25:46] <ocmnt> Zopiclone, some code with that?
709: [08:26:36] <Zopiclone> http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/540d638093ce2
710: [08:28:05] <kinglozzer> Whoa..
711: [08:29:17] <kinglozzer> Zopiclone: Lines 77 and 78 of that paste are your issue
712: [08:31:02] <kinglozzer> $quote is obviously not what you’re expecting, so I'd assume that YourRequests::Edit() isn't returning a quote.
713: [08:32:18] <Zopiclone> It fills out the form, its only when I save
714: [08:32:30] <Zopiclone> if I take it away the form is empty
715: [08:33:17] <Zopiclone> :-(
716: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> public function Edit()
717: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> {
718: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> $edit='';
719: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> if(isset($_REQUEST['edit'])){
720: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> $edit = DataObject::get('Quote')->filter('MemberID', Member::CurrentUserID())->byID((int)$_REQUEST['edit']);
721: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> }
722: [08:33:42] <Zopiclone> return $edit;
723: [08:33:43] <Zopiclone> }
724: [08:34:11] <Zopiclone> This is the function that gets the data
725: [08:34:49] <Zopiclone> $quote = YourRequests::Edit();
726: [08:35:16] <Zopiclone> $form->loadDataFrom($quote->data());
727: [08:35:24] <Zopiclone> fills the from from it
728: [08:40:06] * willr has joined #silverstripe
729: [08:40:30] * spronk2 has joined #silverstripe
730: [08:40:53] <kinglozzer> Zopiclone: When you submit the form, "edit" is no longer in the request, so that function won't return anything
731: [08:41:34] <kinglozzer> You should just be able to wrap your $form->loadDataForm($quote); line in an if statement: if($quote !== '')
732: [08:44:07] * simon_w has joined #silverstripe
733: [08:49:28] <Zopiclone> i see
734: [08:49:33] <Zopiclone> ill try that
735: [08:52:03] * zippy has joined #silverstripe
736: [08:54:35] * Audlex has joined #silverstripe
737: [08:55:43] <wmk> is there a static version of $foo->hasMethod ??
738: [08:55:56] <ss23> why
739: [08:56:12] <ss23> you mean like foo::has_method?
740: [08:56:17] <ss23> e.g. you call it statically?
741: [08:56:54] <simon_w> wmk, method_exists('foo', 'method')
742: [08:57:14] <simon_w> Or, is_callable(['foo', 'method']) would probably be more accurate
743: [08:57:28] <wmk> ok
744: [08:59:52] * Pyweyheyk has joined #silverstripe
745: [09:00:32] <Zopiclone> i got it now
746: [09:00:41] <Pyweyheyk> That's good.
747: [09:00:43] <Zopiclone> $quoteID = YourRequests::Edit();
748: [09:00:53] <Zopiclone> if($quoteID!=''){$form->loadDataFrom(YourRequests::get('Quote')->byID($quoteID));}
749: [09:01:00] <Zopiclone> $quote = YourRequests::get('Quote')->byID($data['QID']);
750: [09:01:05] <Zopiclone> hidden field
751: [09:01:19] <Zopiclone> to post the variable through
752: [09:01:55] <Pyweyheyk> stop pasting code, that's bad ettiquite.
753: [09:02:23] <Pyweyheyk> pastie.org, paste2.com, sspaste.com, github gist, whatever.
754: [09:04:13] <Pyweyheyk> [20:22:11] <Zopiclone> http://websitequote.co.nz/your-requests/?edit=53
755: [09:04:19] <Pyweyheyk> :( Everything about this is wrong D:
756: [09:04:23] * stephanvd has left #silverstripe
757: [09:04:44] <Zopiclone> whys that?
758: [09:05:12] <Pyweyheyk> well, multiple reasons.
759: [09:05:31] <Pyweyheyk> mostly down to a lack of understanding the framework. I take it you're new to SilverStripe?
760: [09:06:01] <Zopiclone> Give an example please
761: [09:06:47] <Pyweyheyk> ?edit=53
762: [09:06:58] <ss23> What's wrong with that? o.o
763: [09:07:29] <Pyweyheyk> Yeah, it'll work. But that's kinda circumventing the point.
764: [09:07:34] <Pyweyheyk> of having a framework.
765: [09:07:55] <Pyweyheyk> also the new operator on things that extend Object.
766: [09:09:41] <Pyweyheyk> The fact that accessing a non static method through a static operator doesn't give an error
767: [09:10:16] <Pyweyheyk> if(isset($_REQUEST['edit']))
768: [09:12:43] <Pyweyheyk> Just a number of things, not necessarially wrong in themselves, just representitive of a lack of understanding. Something that if fixed early will hopefully not result in bad habbits and a poor appreciation of the system as a whole.
769: [09:13:18] <Colin[pi]> howdy Pyweyheyk
770: [09:13:42] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
771: [09:13:48] <Pyweyheyk> quick pointers Zopiclone: api.silverstripe.org (& doc.silverstripe.org), you want to look at SS_HTTPRequest, Injector most notably YourClass::create()
772: [09:14:18] <Pyweyheyk> and the docs on routing - see the Controller and Director page in the docs.
773: [09:14:40] <Pyweyheyk> :)
774: [09:14:48] <Pyweyheyk> hi sminnee.
775: [09:14:56] <sminnee> hello
776: [09:16:07] * sminnee quit (Client Quit)
777: [09:16:30] <Pyweyheyk> ciao!
778: [09:16:37] * Otterpocket has joined #silverstripe
779: [09:16:47] <Pyweyheyk> ps, looking to see if I can make the meetup. Gonna put it to the missus tonigt :>
780: [09:17:09] * Pyweyheyk has left #silverstripe
781: [09:26:19] <Tanger> Hey guys, when overloading a Field getter, is there an easy way to grab the value from the db within the method?
782: [09:26:37] <Tanger> apart from ViewableData->obj('$field')
783: [09:26:58] <Colin[pi]> OH FINE HE SAYS HELLO TO SMINNEE
784: [09:27:02] * Colin[pi] cries
785: [09:27:24] <simon_w> Tanger, $this->getField('Field')
786: [09:27:43] <Tanger> simon_w: thanks
787: [09:33:40] <wmk> $form->loadDataFrom doesn't work on a field called "Text" somehow, though the array is ok...
788: [09:43:12] * wmk quit (Quit: nice to meet you ;))
789: [09:46:19] * Tanger quit (Quit: Tanger)
790: [09:58:51] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
791: [10:00:29] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
792: [10:04:32] * cloph_away is now known as cloph
793: [10:10:40] * Zopiclone quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
794: [10:20:08] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
795: [10:20:51] * Shrike_Finland1 has joined #silverstripe
796: [10:24:43] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
797: [10:30:05] * vebb has joined #silverstripe
798: [10:30:16] * Shrike_Finland1 quit (Quit: Leaving.)
799: [10:32:05] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
800: [10:33:16] * Shrike_Finland1 has joined #silverstripe
801: [10:37:11] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
802: [10:39:14] * Zopiclone has joined #silverstripe
803: [10:50:16] * Zopiclone quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
804: [10:55:27] * Shrike_Finland1 quit (Quit: Leaving.)
805: [10:56:07] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
806: [10:56:28] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
807: [11:00:40] * r3v3rb has joined #silverstripe
808: [11:01:56] <r3v3rb> crud crud crud, why does my initial sort of the data being passed to a gridfield not get displayed…
809: [11:02:43] * Shrike_Finland1 has joined #silverstripe
810: [11:02:57] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
811: [11:03:41] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: A module screwing with the sort order?
812: [11:04:33] <r3v3rb> kinglozzer: maybe does GridfieldExtensions automatically override ->sort() then of the original dataobject?
813: [11:04:56] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: ajshort's module?
814: [11:05:04] <r3v3rb> yes
815: [11:05:08] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
816: [11:05:27] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: Depends what components you're using I think
817: [11:05:28] <r3v3rb> afaik it only applied if you specifed it in the gridfield setup which this GF does’t do
818: [11:05:33] <kinglozzer> The orderablerows part will: https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-gridfieldextensions/blob/master/code/GridFieldOrderableRows.php#L131
819: [11:05:36] <r3v3rb> doesn’t do*
820: [11:06:02] * Audlex quit ()
821: [11:06:09] <elgrodo> wmk: Call the field Tixt instead and say it with a kiwi accent
822: [11:06:20] <r3v3rb> bugger kinglozzer know of a work around
823: [11:06:36] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: This'll probably be the key: https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-gridfieldextensions/blob/master/code/GridFieldOrderableRows.php#L124
824: [11:06:47] <kinglozzer> How dafuq you make that false idk
825: [11:06:47] <kinglozzer> :P
826: [11:07:55] <r3v3rb> kinglozzer: however wouldn’t line 128 negate it kinglozzer
827: [11:08:14] <kinglozzer> Hmm, actually I'm not sure if that'll affect it anyway - that should only come into play if you click a sortable header column
828: [11:08:16] <r3v3rb> as the state would be false as the extension isn’t being applied to this gridfield?
829: [11:08:48] * Shrike_Finland1 quit (Quit: Leaving.)
830: [11:09:28] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: What components from that module are you using in the GD in question?
831: [11:09:30] <kinglozzer> GF*
832: [11:09:38] <r3v3rb> none kinglozzer
833: [11:09:50] <r3v3rb> but the module is used elsewhere on the site admin
834: [11:09:51] <kinglozzer> Oh, then it's not being caused by the module :P
835: [11:09:56] <r3v3rb> :D
836: [11:10:01] <r3v3rb> lol, I knew that
837: [11:10:23] <r3v3rb> but the ->sort(‘column’, ‘DESC’) isn’t being applied :(
838: [11:10:53] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: If you var_dump the list before you pass it in, is it definitely sorted?
839: [11:13:37] * elgrodo quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
840: [11:13:42] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
841: [11:13:42] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#3318 (3.1 - fedad00 : Ingo Schommer): The build was broken.
842: [11:13:42] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/9f3506bf0235...fedad00e003f
843: [11:13:42] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/34696898
844: [11:13:42] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
845: [11:14:48] <r3v3rb> kinglozzer: not that I can see, var_dump does bugger all and the breakpoint in PHPStorm isn’t firing on the GF
846: [11:14:53] <r3v3rb> weirdness
847: [11:16:44] <r3v3rb> me thinks my getCMSFields in the Admin isn’t overriding the default method
848: [11:19:10] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: Nope, getEditForm() is what you want in ModelAdmin
849: [11:19:13] <r3v3rb> ta da! getList
850: [11:19:19] <kinglozzer> Or that ^^
851: [11:19:29] <r3v3rb> is even easier, just override the list being returned ;)
852: [11:19:30] <r3v3rb> kinglozzer:
853: [11:19:33] <r3v3rb> :D
854: [11:20:00] <r3v3rb> there is toooooo much to SS these days!
855: [11:20:44] * adrexia_ quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
856: [11:22:52] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
857: [11:30:58] * elgrodo has joined #silverstripe
858: [11:42:49] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
859: [11:51:06] * zippy quit (Quit: My MacBook has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
860: [11:52:39] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
861: [11:55:53] <r3v3rb> wtf: Inverse component of Page not found (MembershipPage)
862: [11:57:37] <kinglozzer> r3v3rb: Relationships
863: [11:57:49] <kinglozzer> has one without a has many or something?
864: [11:57:54] <kinglozzer> or vice-versa
865: [11:58:03] <r3v3rb> aye, weird though only showed up once and the age actually duplicated anyway...
866: [11:58:21] <kinglozzer> Or....
867: [11:58:24] <kinglozzer> lunch :D
868: [12:00:57] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
869: [12:10:51] * Shrike_Finland1 has joined #silverstripe
870: [12:14:23] * simon_w quit (Quit: Ping timeout: your mum)
871: [12:14:41] <Zauberfisch> r3v3rb:
872: [12:14:42] <Zauberfisch> kinglozzer:
873: [12:14:47] <Zauberfisch> still waiting for your RSVP :D
874: [12:14:54] <r3v3rb> Zauberfisch: :D
875: [12:15:43] <r3v3rb> still working on the flights its coming out at £250+ for the thursday-sunday flights + hotel + alcohol + cheap women
876: [12:15:59] <r3v3rb> can live without the hotel but the rest...
877: [12:16:34] <Zauberfisch> haha
878: [12:16:49] <Zauberfisch> get your company to pay
879: [12:16:54] <Zauberfisch> education
880: [12:17:00] <r3v3rb> barcelona to vienna - €69
881: [12:17:08] <r3v3rb> london to vienna - £250
882: [12:17:28] <Zauberfisch> the 50 bucks one, was that 2 directions?
883: [12:17:37] <r3v3rb> i am my company - so all profits/expenses are my own
884: [12:17:46] <r3v3rb> yes that was return flight
885: [12:17:52] <Zauberfisch> r3v3rb: oh, that sucks in this case I guess ^^
886: [12:17:59] <r3v3rb> Zauberfisch: a bit yeh
887: [12:18:07] <r3v3rb> still looking though
888: [12:18:12] <Zauberfisch> well, still gets you tax reductions
889: [12:18:23] <r3v3rb> could probably drive it for less than the flight
890: [12:18:48] <r3v3rb> drove 1800km for £200 last month across france and spain
891: [12:19:13] <Zauberfisch> yeah, I suppose car works aswell. though I guess its a long ride
892: [12:19:50] <r3v3rb> kinglozzer: road trip!??!
893: [12:20:10] <r3v3rb> wheres dylan too, we could drive down three together!
894: [12:20:43] <Zauberfisch> that sounds like a smart choice
895: [12:21:00] <Zauberfisch> you might even be able to pick up some more guys from the london meetup group
896: [12:21:06] <Zauberfisch> and split the driving cost
897: [12:22:26] * Shrike_Finland1 quit (Quit: Leaving.)
898: [12:26:46] <ocmnt> r3v3rb, where are you located then? UK?
899: [12:27:35] <ocmnt> if you take the very from harwich to hook of holland I might join on the roadtrip, though not sure if I can make the meetup
900: [12:29:35] * r3v3rb has left #silverstripe
901: [12:29:48] * r3v3rb has joined #silverstripe
902: [12:29:56] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
903: [12:29:56] * Shrike_Finland quit (Client Quit)
904: [12:30:05] <r3v3rb> whoops, closed channel!
905: [12:30:09] <r3v3rb> what did i miss
906: [12:30:10] <r3v3rb> :D
907: [12:30:16] <ocmnt> r3v3rb, is that a way of saying no? :P
908: [12:30:21] <ocmnt> if you take the very from harwich to hook of holland I might join on the roadtrip, though not sure if I can make the meetup
909: [12:30:29] <ocmnt> you might have missed that ^
910: [12:30:36] <r3v3rb> i did ocmnt
911: [12:31:25] <r3v3rb> erm. maybe not ocmnt :)
912: [12:32:40] <ocmnt> dover -> calais?
913: [12:32:48] <r3v3rb> omg! streetview man shows no blue lines for linz
914: [12:33:00] <r3v3rb> ocmnt: was thinking eurotunnel yeh
915: [12:33:11] <r3v3rb> then a 9-10hr drive to linz
916: [12:33:44] <r3v3rb> but just spoke with wife if it had been end of october it would have fallen in the school holiday so could have taken kids etc for a weekend break
917: [12:33:50] <r3v3rb> but its too early
918: [12:38:29] <ocmnt> I',m not sure yet wether I will be available to go
919: [12:38:48] <ocmnt> trying to clear my schedule to be there
920: [12:59:51] <Zauberfisch> haha
921: [12:59:52] <Zauberfisch> http://instacod.es/
922: [12:59:56] <Zauberfisch> my boss just sent me this
923: [13:01:50] * qlex has joined #silverstripe
924: [13:01:58] * qlex has left #silverstripe
925: [13:03:29] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
926: [13:05:10] <Zauberfisch> http://instacod.es/93529
927: [13:08:23] <Zauberfisch> and it keeps on getting better. there is even a vim and intellij pulgin
928: [13:08:52] <Zauberfisch> this is hilarious
929: [13:17:42] * wmk has joined #silverstripe
930: [13:24:21] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
931: [13:27:03] <ocmnt> muhaha
932: [13:30:57] <wmk> ocmnt, ?
933: [13:31:45] <ocmnt> ask Zauberfisch
934: [13:32:11] <ocmnt> http://instacod.es
935: [13:32:23] <ocmnt> oeh, even a sublime plugin
936: [13:32:24] <ocmnt> <3
937: [13:34:55] <wmk> hehe, "and does not wait for the operation to complete"
938: [13:42:57] * StefanLehmann quit (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
939: [13:43:20] * StefanLehmann has joined #silverstripe
940: [13:44:29] * vebb quit (Quit: preprocessor-irc-cli)
941: [13:47:04] <Otterpocket> Very cheap to get from UK to the Linz meetup
942: [13:49:06] <wmk> Otterpocket, cool
943: [13:49:32] <wmk> Zauberfisch, any infos on hotel? do you have a special prize contingent?
944: [13:50:38] <Otterpocket> It would cost us more if it were in London
945: [13:50:45] <Zauberfisch> Otterpocket: haha
946: [13:50:58] <ocmnt> isn't there a campingplace close by?
947: [13:51:44] <ocmnt> so we can be hacking at night in tents.. might be quite inten(t)se
948: [13:51:47] <ocmnt> :'D
949: [13:52:23] <Zauberfisch> ocmnt: haha, I'll look that up. I am sure there is something somewhere
950: [13:52:39] <Zauberfisch> and if its remote, I'll arrange a shuttle to pick you up in the morning :D
951: [13:52:51] <ocmnt> bring some girls too, to make it fcking intense
952: [13:52:53] <ocmnt> :')
953: [13:53:09] <Zauberfisch> wmk: poke me again on thursday, I'll do some more digging, haven't gotten anything yet
954: [13:53:48] <wmk> ocmnt, beginning of october you need a good tent heating
955: [13:54:06] <Zauberfisch> ah, right. good point wmk. it might get a little chilly
956: [13:54:22] <ocmnt> wmk, that is why the females are for, right? :')
957: [13:54:32] <wmk> well, if we have some heating with arms and ears for ocmnt he won't be cold
958: [13:54:35] <ocmnt> however, I have been camping with -33 degrees before
959: [13:54:55] <wmk> ocmnt, you run a core i7 notebook as heating?
960: [13:55:15] * wmk could bring a 19" server
961: [13:55:24] <ocmnt> serverheating
962: [13:55:26] <ocmnt> serves well I guess
963: [14:01:45] * r3v3rb quit (Quit: r3v3rb)
964: [14:10:27] <wmk> anyone has an idea why array_key_exists doesn't match even if i see the key in debugger?
965: [14:11:21] <wmk> got a problem when feeding a form with data from an array. The field "Text" isn't set
966: [14:13:14] <wmk> hmm get's filled in randomely
967: [14:25:38] * r_hector quit (Quit: Leaving.)
968: [14:29:31] * spronk2 quit (Quit: spronk2)
969: [14:30:56] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
970: [14:35:01] * Pyheyk has joined #silverstripe
971: [14:41:58] <wmk> TinyMCE seems to place a BOM on cursor position which f*up the the code sent to the controller
972: [14:49:48] <catcher> What's the recommended way to get a dataobject by ID when the classname is unknown?
973: [14:51:13] <wmk> catcher, you mean the subclass name? if you don't know if it's a Page or a HomePage then use the parent of both, SiteTree::get()->byID($id)
974: [14:51:32] <catcher> wmk, I need to go all the way up to DataObject.
975: [14:51:53] <wmk> but you have to know what kind of dataobject you need
976: [14:52:10] <catcher> wmk, I'm writing a module that can decorate any dataobject subclass
977: [14:52:30] <wmk> $this->owner->ClassName
978: [14:52:45] <wmk> ?
979: [14:52:47] <catcher> wmk, I'm not in the context of the class, I'm in a controller
980: [14:53:16] <catcher> Worst case, I can pass the classname in addition to the ID, but seems like overkill.
981: [14:53:19] <wmk> and how do you know, what kind of DO you need?
982: [14:53:44] <catcher> wmk, I don't, the module will be applicable to any DO
983: [14:54:22] <catcher> I do know it's a subclass of DO though, and I have its ID.
984: [14:54:37] <wmk> but you don't know what table to look up
985: [14:55:15] <catcher> wmk, right-o
986: [14:55:40] <catcher> I suppose passing the classname to the controller in the request is necessary
987: [14:56:13] <wmk> guess so
988: [14:56:50] <catcher> wmk, thanks for the sanity check
989: [14:56:56] <wmk> np.
990: [14:57:02] <wmk> we all help each other
991: [14:57:38] <Pyheyk> wmk: BOM is the first thing in a document, it cannot be mid content
992: [14:57:50] <wmk> Pyheyk, that's what it should be
993: [14:58:21] <Pyheyk> catcher: how do you expect this to work then?
994: [14:58:22] <wmk> Pyheyk, seems like TinyMCE places it at cursor position when the shortcode is passed to the shortcode extension
995: [14:58:35] <Pyheyk> don't know the class, and the extension isn't applied to it...
996: [14:58:53] <Pyheyk> wmk: also BOM will explode PHP
997: [14:58:58] <catcher> Pyheyk, yep, passing it in the request is necececessary
998: [14:59:16] <Pyheyk> 0 width char outside of PHP mode, sends straight to browser, so headers sent, etc.
999: [14:59:29] <wmk> Pyheyk, tinymce bug we have to deal with....
1000: [15:00:06] * wmk wondered why array('Text' => 'Foo') wasn't parsed with array_key_exists('Text'), but it was kind of array('TeBOMxt') which i didn't see
1001: [15:00:08] <wmk> in debugger
1002: [15:01:52] <Pyheyk> :< rude
1003: [15:03:39] <wmk> i doubted my skills, but zero length chars confuse my debugger...
1004: [15:07:09] * toddvalentine has joined #silverstripe
1005: [15:08:15] * wmk starts happy javascript debugging
1006: [15:15:36] <kinglozzer> Man... Lemonstand...
1007: [15:16:00] <kinglozzer> while (array_key_exists($reference->parent_id, $id_cache) { if (array_key_exists($reference->parent_id, $id_cache)) { // some shit } }
1008: [15:16:06] <kinglozzer> Like... what?
1009: [15:16:34] <kinglozzer> Best to be safe and double check I guess
1010: [15:17:20] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
1011: [15:29:46] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
1012: [15:38:43] * jenniferaslan has joined #silverstripe
1013: [15:40:49] <wmk> phew
1014: [15:42:37] <catcher> I'm writing a module that has a DO subclass in it. That DO needs a one/many relationship with another DO subclass outside of the module. How do I make the reverse relationship when the classname isn't known?
1015: [15:43:13] <Pyheyk> kinglozzer: only where humans are involved :<
1016: [15:52:26] <kinglozzer> Pyheyk: Mmm, what gets me is that that's the only thing inside the while loop, the code is indented identically so it's so blatantly obvious that it's a duplicate check...
1017: [15:52:35] <kinglozzer> but whatever, it doesn't even work properly anyway
1018: [15:53:01] <kinglozzer> if I hide set a top level page to not show in menus, ALL of its children show instead, at the top level...
1019: [15:53:23] <kinglozzer> And if I hide them from the menu too, no breadcrumbs
1020: [15:53:33] <kinglozzer> I miss SilverStripe :(
1021: [16:00:14] * ARNHOE quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
1022: [16:05:34] * ThePeach has joined #silverstripe
1023: [16:06:18] * babak has joined #silverstripe
1024: [16:15:55] * Otterpocket quit (Quit: WeeChat 0.4.1)
1025: [16:16:55] <Pyheyk> kinglozzer: use swipestripe.
1026: [16:17:16] <kinglozzer> Pyheyk: Don't have a choice, it's already built in Lemonstand, just working on the existing site
1027: [16:17:17] <Pyheyk> if it doesn't do what you want, yell at irogue loudly and obnoxiously and consitently until it does.
1028: [16:17:23] <Pyheyk> kinglozzer: oh, megasuck.#
1029: [16:23:37] <catcher> My module isn't modular. Not cool.
1030: [16:24:09] <catcher> Seems this would be a common problem in the module community. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.
1031: [16:29:37] <kinglozzer> catcher: Total guess, but you could try in _config.php, Config::inst()->update('MyDataObject', 'has_one', array('Something' => 'OtherDataObject'));
1032: [16:29:45] <kinglozzer> No idea if that's actually of any help :P
1033: [16:29:52] <kinglozzer> Anyway, home time
1034: [16:29:58] <kinglozzer> Ciao
1035: [16:30:00] * kinglozzer quit ()
1036: [16:30:01] * stnvh quit ()
1037: [16:34:56] <Pyheyk> catcher: list out your use case, and if you're lucky I might have a look when I get home.
1038: [16:35:37] <catcher> Pyheyk, just what I said above, I have a DO in a module that needs to relate to specific DO subclasses per site
1039: [16:35:56] <Pyheyk> Yeah but that's not very descriptive at all, and I can't follow.
1040: [16:36:15] <Pyheyk> wait, what?
1041: [16:36:24] <Pyheyk> you have a module that has no parent class?
1042: [16:36:33] <Pyheyk> that's... not a silverstripe issue.
1043: [16:41:02] * stephanvd has joined #silverstripe
1044: [16:43:00] * stephanvd has left #silverstripe
1045: [16:43:38] * Pyheyk has left #silverstripe
1046: [16:43:57] <wmk> catcher, you can write a dataextension for the counterpart do that does the relation
1047: [16:51:36] <catcher> wmk, that's a good idea, I'll give that a go
1048: [16:51:53] <wmk> that's what i've seen at other modules
1049: [16:52:51] <catcher> Also good to know, thanks!
1050: [16:57:42] <wmk> time for a break. cu
1051: [17:03:42] * wmk quit (Ping timeout: 268 seconds)
1052: [17:21:14] * ThePeach quit (Quit: leaving)
1053: [17:27:30] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
1054: [17:43:57] * gelignite has joined #silverstripe
1055: [17:51:46] * ARNHOE quit ()
1056: [17:52:32] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
1057: [18:12:01] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1058: [18:15:57] <catcher> How do I properly has a has_one relationship with an Extension subclass?
1059: [18:16:04] <catcher> properly set* a
1060: [18:21:35] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1061: [18:21:52] <azureRaven> Has anybody used the PhoneNumberField correctly?
1062: [18:34:58] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1063: [18:39:26] * muskie9 quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1064: [18:56:26] * azureRaven quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
1065: [19:16:58] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1066: [19:19:23] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1067: [19:19:32] * azureRaven quit (Client Quit)
1068: [19:20:42] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1069: [19:23:51] * stephanvd has joined #silverstripe
1070: [19:23:57] * stephanvd has left #silverstripe
1071: [19:37:14] * oddnoc has joined #silverstripe
1072: [19:40:05] <azureRaven> I shall take the silence as an "eh"
1073: [19:54:16] <catcher> azureRaven, sorry, I meant to reply earlier
1074: [19:54:19] <catcher> eh
1075: [19:54:27] <azureRaven> No worries. ;)
1076: [20:02:14] * Kingy[a] is now known as Kingy
1077: [20:10:00] <catcher> I know someone wants to tell me how to create a one-to-many relationship b/n an Extension subclass and a DO subclass.
1078: [20:10:50] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
1079: [20:16:03] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1080: [20:17:57] * azureRaven quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
1081: [20:18:26] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1082: [20:20:59] * azureRaven quit (Client Quit)
1083: [20:25:14] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1084: [20:30:03] * joelpittet quit ()
1085: [20:32:09] * Ryan-Toast has joined #silverstripe
1086: [20:33:00] * Ryan-Toast has left #silverstripe
1087: [20:33:17] * Ryan-Toast has joined #silverstripe
1088: [20:33:20] * zippy has joined #silverstripe
1089: [20:35:28] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1090: [20:44:56] * azureRaven quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
1091: [20:52:14] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1092: [20:52:42] * antmas has joined #silverstripe
1093: [20:54:41] * Ryan-Toast quit (Quit: Ryan-Toast)
1094: [20:55:40] <zippy> 20hrs to goooo
1095: [20:58:40] * Ryan-Toast has joined #silverstripe
1096: [21:02:54] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
1097: [21:07:01] <antmas> zippy: 20 hours?
1098: [21:07:07] <zippy> mmhmm
1099: [21:07:11] <antmas> for?
1100: [21:07:28] <Blacklite> ok so still trying to work this one out from last night... it seems setFilterFunction doesn't run on the data until after it's executed (which makes sense I guess)
1101: [21:09:53] * anselmdk has joined #silverstripe
1102: [21:09:55] <Blacklite> maybe i should be using this: setTreeBaseID
1103: [21:10:34] <anselmdk> Anyone from Europe?
1104: [21:10:43] <anselmdk> Make sure to join us at http://silverstripe-europe.org :)
1105: [21:12:54] * muskie9 wishes he was in Europe
1106: [21:13:54] * vebb has joined #silverstripe
1107: [21:15:52] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1108: [21:15:52] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#3318 (3.1 - fedad00 : Ingo Schommer): The build passed.
1109: [21:15:52] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/9f3506bf0235...fedad00e003f
1110: [21:15:52] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/34696898
1111: [21:15:52] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1112: [21:19:58] * willr has joined #silverstripe
1113: [21:22:57] <zippy> antmas: iphone :)
1114: [21:23:05] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
1115: [21:29:15] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
1116: [21:29:59] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
1117: [21:30:34] <zippy> wow, it's hard to get product lists from some companeis eh!
1118: [21:30:53] <zippy> they have a webstore, and I really don't want to scrape the whole site...
1119: [21:31:17] * sminnee quit (Client Quit)
1120: [21:32:53] <antmas> zippy: -_-
1121: [21:38:06] * gelignite quit (Quit: http://bit.ly/nkczDT)
1122: [21:39:32] * babak quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
1123: [21:39:36] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: question about bp
1124: [21:40:29] <catcher> Last attempt for the day - how can I have a one-to-many relationship b/n a DO subclass and an Extension subclass (or the class extending it?)
1125: [21:41:13] <willr> extensions can’t be refered to
1126: [21:41:26] <willr> you can have to point to the type they’re applied to
1127: [21:41:30] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: if you were using BG images for page items and you had columns of text over each image, what would you do to make the text stand out?
1128: [21:42:20] <willr> catcher if you don’t know the type (i.e it’s any dataobject then that’s called Polymorphic and coming in 3.2
1129: [21:43:09] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: as far as I can tell, you can't add transparecy to bg images...
1130: [21:43:49] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: I would make the image transparent with photoshop
1131: [21:43:50] <catcher> willr, thanks for the info. Is there any way I can finish this module, which depends on that relationship?
1132: [21:43:54] * Olliepop has joined #silverstripe
1133: [21:43:59] <catcher> willr, any workarounds?
1134: [21:44:35] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: what about using a background colour div behind the column of text?
1135: [21:44:46] <antmas> which has transparency?
1136: [21:44:52] <Ryan-Toast> Either or
1137: [21:45:03] <antmas> I guess PS would be easier
1138: [21:45:08] <Ryan-Toast> yeah :P
1139: [21:45:54] <willr> You can do what comments did (as you could apply the comments extension to any subcalss of dataobject) it was a hack for 3.1 until 3.2 is out. Stores ID and class name
1140: [21:46:04] <willr> extension adds the getter for the object
1141: [21:46:27] * muskie9 quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
1142: [21:47:03] * anselmdk quit (Quit: anselmdk)
1143: [21:48:16] <catcher> willr, clever, thanks for the info.
1144: [21:50:42] * simon_w has joined #silverstripe
1145: [21:52:45] * azureRaven quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
1146: [21:53:10] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
1147: [21:54:04] <antmas> yeah photoshop is easier :P otherwise I'd have to make another page type :O
1148: [21:55:03] * simon_w quit (Client Quit)
1149: [21:56:52] * sminnee quit (Client Quit)
1150: [21:57:51] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
1151: [21:58:19] <zippy> wow im just blown away
1152: [21:59:45] * zippy might have to get his scraping hat on
1153: [22:01:32] * toddvalentine quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
1154: [22:04:18] <antmas> zippy: what site in particular?
1155: [22:04:51] <zippy> dental suppliers
1156: [22:05:04] * azureRaven has joined #silverstripe
1157: [22:05:36] <zippy> "we don't have a main list, no-one has asked for it before... have you seen our categlog?! Our whole range is 6000 products, like 500 pages! Are you sure you need that?"
1158: [22:05:54] <zippy> compared to say, computer part suppliers who have feeds on there site you can just grab
1159: [22:06:04] <zippy> bit crazy
1160: [22:06:44] <zippy> just going to scrape em! scrape them all!
1161: [22:14:24] * willr_ has joined #silverstripe
1162: [22:14:32] <zippy> hello willr_
1163: [22:15:09] <antmas> zippy: are you building a ecomm site?
1164: [22:15:11] <antmas> an*
1165: [22:15:42] <willr> Two of me!
1166: [22:15:49] * willr_ quit (Client Quit)
1167: [22:16:03] <willr> I wish cloning was so easy
1168: [22:16:30] * Sphere_ has joined #silverstripe
1169: [22:16:58] <Sphere_> Evening!
1170: [22:18:05] <Sphere_> Any Europeans awake, or should I come back another time?
1171: [22:22:52] <Blacklite> ok so in TreeDropdownField->tree(), it uses singleton()
1172: [22:23:05] <Blacklite> if there is no ->baseID set. i'd like to set the baseID
1173: [22:23:26] <zippy> antmas: stock tracking
1174: [22:23:58] <zippy> Sphere_: i am European, but we not racist here, no need to ask race
1175: [22:24:25] <Ryan-Toast> zippy: Assuming because of his timeframe he didn’t know if anyone was actually awake and logged in.
1176: [22:24:27] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: have you made a form for bp, or is that a bit later?
1177: [22:24:30] <Sphere_> I never ask about a race. I want to see it myself.
1178: [22:24:38] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: A form for what?
1179: [22:24:51] <Blacklite> hallo, hoe gaat het
1180: [22:25:02] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: were you making a form extension for BP? I'm using userforms atm
1181: [22:25:13] <Sphere_> Hey Blacklite, Engels is hier meer gebruikelijk dan Nederlands ;)
1182: [22:25:23] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: Kind of, I haven’t started yet. I do have other things to do during the day :P
1183: [22:25:24] <Blacklite> ok
1184: [22:26:34] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: I know :P just wondering
1185: [22:26:53] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: I need to use the BP styling with userforms as the standard is a bit... borked :P
1186: [22:27:08] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: add “form-control"
1187: [22:27:12] <Ryan-Toast> to the class
1188: [22:27:19] <Ryan-Toast> “checkbox” to checkboxes
1189: [22:27:26] <Ryan-Toast> and “radio” to radio buttons
1190: [22:27:34] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: :O nice, chur
1191: [22:27:45] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: submit button?
1192: [22:27:46] <Sphere_> There's a kitten shitting in my doorway right now.
1193: [22:27:56] <Sphere_> When will she learn?
1194: [22:28:03] <Ryan-Toast> btn btn-primary
1195: [22:28:05] <zippy> O.o
1196: [22:28:09] * Sphere_ is now known as SphereSilver
1197: [22:28:13] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: awwww yiss
1198: [22:28:56] <zippy> antmas: http://www.helloerik.com/the-subtle-magic-behind-why-the-bootstrap-3-grid-works that is worth a read
1199: [22:29:03] <SphereSilver> Is there a way to retrieve my password on IRC?
1200: [22:29:22] <SphereSilver> I think I lost it as I'm not authenticated anymore
1201: [22:29:26] <zippy> SphereSilver: you can reset it
1202: [22:30:22] <Ryan-Toast> zippy: things you can understand in 15 seconds of looking at the code :P
1203: [22:30:56] <zippy> mmm perhaps
1204: [22:30:57] <Ryan-Toast> zippy: if you want to see some really cool shit, look how the grids are pre-proccessed
1205: [22:31:02] <antmas> userforms just uses Page.ss by default right?
1206: [22:31:14] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: uses $Form
1207: [22:31:24] <Ryan-Toast> which is in all templates.
1208: [22:32:30] <zippy> SphereSilver: https://freenode.net/faq.shtml#sendpass
1209: [22:32:34] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: ? so what class am I adding the control tag too?
1210: [22:32:36] <antmas> to*
1211: [22:32:48] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
1212: [22:33:33] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
1213: [22:34:09] * catcher quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1214: [22:34:19] * Phlunk3 has joined #silverstripe
1215: [22:34:35] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: the field
1216: [22:34:43] <Ryan-Toast> form-control
1217: [22:34:48] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: ah :P herp derp
1218: [22:35:06] <Ryan-Toast> userforms has a additional classes field as I recall
1219: [22:35:17] <Ryan-Toast> I make my own forms, so I never use it :P
1220: [22:36:13] * sminnee quit (Client Quit)
1221: [22:38:57] * sminnee has joined #silverstripe
1222: [22:44:42] * azureRaven quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
1223: [22:45:27] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
1224: [22:46:42] * SphereSilver quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1225: [22:47:01] <Colin[pi]> moin moin
1226: [22:47:47] <UncleCheese> Fuck Ray Rice. Fuck him.
1227: [22:50:42] <Colin[pi]> UncleCheese: ok?
1228: [22:51:22] <UncleCheese> what, you're on his side?
1229: [22:51:30] <Colin[pi]> I don't even know who it is
1230: [22:51:32] <antmas> bah, addExtraClass Y U NO WORK
1231: [22:51:33] <UncleCheese> ha
1232: [22:51:43] <antmas> sounds like a pro wreslter
1233: [22:51:49] <antmas> wrestler*
1234: [22:52:08] <Colin[pi]> footballer?
1235: [22:52:11] <UncleCheese> Big NFL star.. got caught on video dragging his unconcious fiancée through a hotel after allegedly beating her in an elevator
1236: [22:52:18] <Colin[pi]> :\
1237: [22:52:19] <UncleCheese> got a two-week suspension for it
1238: [22:52:23] <Colin[pi]> wtf
1239: [22:52:30] <UncleCheese> video comes out yesterday from inside the lift
1240: [22:52:31] <antmas> didn't SHE apologise for it as well?
1241: [22:52:42] <UncleCheese> shows him punching her the fuck out.. she's lucky to be alive
1242: [22:52:48] <UncleCheese> loses his job
1243: [22:52:49] <Colin[pi]> antmas: sounds like the Dick Cheney thing
1244: [22:53:06] <UncleCheese> makes me crazy
1245: [22:53:07] <adrexia> wow. that's a huge failing of the legal system
1246: [22:53:18] <Ryan-Toast> did she press charges?
1247: [22:53:22] <UncleCheese> treating him like a misbehaving football player rather than a violent criminal
1248: [22:53:53] <adrexia> I'm not sure you can consent to bing knocked unconcious
1249: [22:54:08] <adrexia> if there is evidence, the police should charge
1250: [22:54:59] * sminnee quit (Quit: sminnee)
1251: [22:55:57] <zippy> UncleCheese: he's been indenfinitly suspended now I think
1252: [22:56:07] <UncleCheese> yup
1253: [22:56:31] <zippy> I think the chick would have to press charges for the cops to get invovled wouldn't they
1254: [22:56:31] <Blacklite> in silverstripe, when it says "MarkX"
1255: [22:56:37] <Blacklite> what do they mean by "Mark"?
1256: [22:56:39] <UncleCheese> false
1257: [22:56:50] <UncleCheese> assault is a criminal matter, not civil
1258: [22:56:50] <Colin[pi]> jesus the elevator almost closed on her head
1259: [22:56:52] <Blacklite> e.g. markPartialTree
1260: [22:57:08] <UncleCheese> "press charges" refers to civil complaints, like tresspassing
1261: [22:57:12] <Blacklite> function description describes it as "Mark a segment of the tree, by calling mark()."
1262: [22:57:45] <Blacklite> but mark() itself has no description
1263: [22:58:41] <adrexia> though, if she refused to testify, I guess it could be hard for the charges to stick
1264: [22:59:00] <antmas> can the victim STOP the criminal charges from being pressed?
1265: [22:59:12] <adrexia> I don't think so
1266: [22:59:27] <antmas> either way, they should shoot him
1267: [22:59:28] <antmas> :D
1268: [22:59:32] <adrexia> if they could, that would be a huge loophole
1269: [22:59:56] <adrexia> so easy for a victim to be indimidated into stopping charges
1270: [23:00:10] <UncleCheese> if someone shoots you, it's not up to you to press charges or not.. it's a crime against the state
1271: [23:00:27] <adrexia> yep
1272: [23:00:47] <UncleCheese> antmas the only thing the victom could do is not testify, but in this case it's on video, so, although the case would be crippled, it's shouldn't stop it from proceeding.
1273: [23:01:12] <antmas> ah I see
1274: [23:02:22] <Stomach> 'MURICA
1275: [23:03:21] <UncleCheese> In the US, domestic violence is in a special category, because no matter what the victim says, they always book the accused party. That's done as a countermeasure to the exceedingly common scnenario in abusive relationships where the woman is too intimidated or brainwashed to follow through
1276: [23:03:58] <Colin[pi]> so glad I'm not a violent person
1277: [23:04:23] <Colin[pi]> I had some huge fights with my ex, but not once did I lay a finger on her... and she actually thanked me for that when we split up
1278: [23:04:29] <UncleCheese> such bullshit
1279: [23:04:40] <UncleCheese> she thanked you?
1280: [23:04:50] <Colin[pi]> yeah for not getting violent with her
1281: [23:05:03] <Colin[pi]> I'm like "well... ok...? doesn't factor into my being"
1282: [23:05:03] <UncleCheese> you're not supposed to get violent with people!
1283: [23:05:08] <Colin[pi]> yeah exactly
1284: [23:05:10] <UncleCheese> what the fuck?!
1285: [23:05:25] <UncleCheese> Sam thanked me yesterday for showing up to work every day this week
1286: [23:05:29] <Colin[pi]> lol
1287: [23:05:49] <Colin[pi]> UncleCheese: dunno man perhaps there was something from her past she never told me about
1288: [23:05:49] <UncleCheese> and sig said it's really nice that I haven't stolen any laptops from the office
1289: [23:05:51] <zippy> Colin[pi]: reminds me of this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPHPQt91w8
1290: [23:06:24] <UncleCheese> yeah, that's the clip i'm thinking of
1291: [23:06:25] <zippy> UncleCheese: do you normally not show up to work everyday?
1292: [23:06:28] <UncleCheese> "Whaddya want, a cookie?!"
1293: [23:06:33] <zippy> hhee yea
1294: [23:06:38] <UncleCheese> low-expectation-havin-muthafucka!
1295: [23:06:44] <Colin[pi]> lol that was a great Chris Rock bit
1296: [23:06:52] <Colin[pi]> but he doesn't like talking about it these days
1297: [23:06:53] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: is there an email field too?
1298: [23:06:54] <UncleCheese> "I ain't eva been to jail"
1299: [23:06:55] <zippy> the segment is actually longer
1300: [23:07:00] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: form-control
1301: [23:07:22] <UncleCheese> bigger and blacker is THE best hour of stand-up ever
1302: [23:07:29] <UncleCheese> there can be no debate
1303: [23:07:34] <zippy> mmm
1304: [23:07:38] <UncleCheese> nope
1305: [23:07:43] <UncleCheese> zip it, zippy
1306: [23:07:54] <zippy> it's good, but I do like the Dave Chappele one, what was that called....
1307: [23:09:00] <zippy> killing them softly I think it was...
1308: [23:09:19] <zippy> or was it.. For What Its Worth
1309: [23:11:09] <Stomach> UncleCheese - steal all the laptops and don't turn up to work tomorrow
1310: [23:11:23] <Stomach> don't let an invitation like that go to waste
1311: [23:11:31] <UncleCheese> lol
1312: [23:11:40] <UncleCheese> but I won't get my thank you!
1313: [23:11:52] <Stomach> you can co-operate with the police and they might thank you
1314: [23:12:41] <Colin[pi]> did I show you this UncleCheese? I thought it was hilarious: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/breaking-bads-crystal-ship-appears-on-drugbust-scene-in-hume-20140818-105cle.html
1315: [23:18:02] <zippy> UncleCheese: the people you sell the laptops to will probably say thank you
1316: [23:23:57] <madmatt> UncleCheese: Eddie Murphy - Delirious gives him a run for his money IMO
1317: [23:28:27] <Colin[pi]> to segue a little, Billy Connolly has some great routines too
1318: [23:28:42] <Colin[pi]> except he doesn't really have routines, he just gets up there and rambles
1319: [23:29:47] <Colin[pi]> love this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1enmyAmpik
1320: [23:29:56] <Kingy> omg i love Billy Connolly
1321: [23:30:03] <Kingy> his bit about the North Sea is hilarious
1322: [23:30:36] <Kingy> Come on, Connolly, you big fucking Jessie"
1323: [23:31:20] <Kingy> "Now hear this. All employees must wear survival suits at all times. You wouldn't last two minutes, if you fell into the North Sea. Failure to wear the survival suit will result in instant dismissal." Forty miles away there are women taking their childrens clothes off. "In you go, you big Jessie." I had to get stripped. There was fish looking in the water saying "There's a fucking pale blue guy coming in.
1324: [23:32:19] <Kingy> "And my swimming costume, it was that knitted cotton stuff, with a belt and a fucking pocket, the reason for which escapes me completely. None of your Speedo, second skin. This was more your second cardigan. Big wooly number, you know. If you were stupid enough to go in above your waist, they grew, like this. It was absorbent, could drag you to the bottom. You had to grab armfulls, when you were coming out, the crotch was away down here.
1325: [23:32:20] <Kingy> People could look in and see your willy, if you had one, but in the North Sea, you don't."
1326: [23:32:24] <Colin[pi]> lol
1327: [23:32:52] <Colin[pi]> love him, I saw him in Canberra once, I was in tears from laughing
1328: [23:33:09] <Kingy> yeah I was overseas when he came here last
1329: [23:33:12] <Kingy> was slightly gutted
1330: [23:33:26] <Colin[pi]> Ross Noble is great too, but his humour is kinda weird
1331: [23:33:50] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
1332: [23:44:06] * caamic30 quit (Quit: caamic30)
1333: [23:46:03] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1334: [23:46:03] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#3326 (3.1 - 8a667e1 : Simon Welsh): The build passed.
1335: [23:46:03] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/fedad00e003f...8a667e1a5a46
1336: [23:46:03] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/34764947
1337: [23:46:03] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1338: [23:46:13] <simon_w|work> Green!
1339: [23:47:25] <Colin[pi]> o/ simon_w|work
1340: [23:50:06] <antmas> confirmed
1341: [23:50:10] <antmas> simon_w|work: voted Greens
1342: [23:50:14] <antmas> :LD
1343: [23:50:30] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
1344: [23:50:30] <simon_w|work> I voted with L&P!
1345: [23:50:42] <zippy> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11318886
1346: [23:50:44] * caamic30 has left #silverstripe
1347: [23:50:47] <zippy> simon_w|work: ^
1348: [23:51:06] <simon_w|work> zippy, bit late :p
1349: [23:54:52] * Azure quit (Quit: Blue Sky Fish)
1350: [23:54:58] <zippy> mmm nz first has some decent things, but Winston just seems so slimey
1351: [23:55:12] <Phlunk3> not to mention insane
1352: [23:55:23] <antmas> that's how I feel about Cunliffe too
1353: [23:55:57] <zippy> this year I just don't know
1354: [23:56:04] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1355: [23:56:05] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#3327 (3.1 - f0ca37f : Simon Welsh): The build passed.
1356: [23:56:05] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/8a667e1a5a46...f0ca37fdea0f
1357: [23:56:05] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/34765684
1358: [23:56:05] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1359: [23:56:12] * Azure has joined #silverstripe

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.