#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 8 July 2014

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:16:53] * jenniferaslan quit (Quit: jenniferaslan has left the room)
2: [00:16:59] <UncleCheese> simon_w|work do you not have to tell git to "track" the remote branch?
3: [00:17:06] <UncleCheese> or does that happen magically?
4: [00:19:06] <simon_w|work> UncleCheese, depending on how you checkout or push, it could be set automatically
5: [00:19:23] <UncleCheese> is that like a config thing?
6: [00:19:52] <simon_w|work> It is for push at least
7: [00:20:05] <simon_w|work> Never figured out how to make it happen consistently with a checkout
8: [00:21:01] * Jakx has left #silverstripe
9: [00:41:59] * azureknight quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
10: [00:44:53] <antmas> tempted to try out google cardboard
11: [00:47:44] <Colin[pi]> fffuuuuu my wkhtmltopdf is segfaulting when rendering svg
12: [00:47:49] <ss23> fffffff
13: [00:47:52] <ss23> debug it and fix it
14: [00:48:00] <Colin[pi]> kinda important since most of the pdf will be svg fucking charts
15: [00:48:55] <simon_w|work> Upgrade!
16: [00:49:27] <antmas> Colin[pi]: I thought you had that working already?
17: [00:49:40] <Colin[pi]> antmas: ...on local windows dev box :P
18: [00:49:44] <antmas> :P
19: [00:49:48] <Colin[pi]> just deployed to debian
20: [00:49:55] <antmas> Colin[pi]: blame your neckbeard
21: [00:50:07] <Colin[pi]> I'm my neckbeard
22: [00:50:11] <antmas> :D
23: [00:50:49] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], the problem is you don't actually have a neckbeard though
24: [00:51:03] <Colin[pi]> yes
25: [00:51:14] <Colin[pi]> I should work on that
26: [00:51:22] <ss23> Of course not, no true neckbeard uses Apple products
27: [00:52:20] <Colin[pi]> hmm apparently I can install xvfb to fix this
28: [00:56:45] <antmas> http://theoatmeal.com/comics/campfire
29: [00:58:43] * spronk2 has joined #silverstripe
30: [01:02:12] <Colin[pi]> antmas: LOL so true
31: [01:02:17] <Colin[pi]> every single time
32: [01:02:37] <antmas> Colin[pi]: oatmeal is the best
33: [01:05:14] <spronk> ss23 you are so misinformed
34: [01:05:21] <spronk> all the true neckbeards use OS X
35: [01:05:50] <ss23> spronk: No
36: [01:05:51] <ss23> :)
37: [01:06:00] <antmas> no those are chest beards
38: [01:06:05] <spronk> nahhh
39: [01:06:16] <spronk> cos they all used BSD before
40: [01:06:19] <ss23> lol
41: [01:06:24] <spronk> and then apple was all
42: [01:06:26] <spronk> HERES BEST BSD EVAH
43: [01:06:35] <Colin[pi]> http://d1mxyp5ceukbya.cloudfront.net/images/steve-wozniak-jobs-review-gi.jpg
44: [01:06:39] <Colin[pi]> ultimate neck beard
45: [01:06:41] <antmas> troo neckbeards are actually bodybeards
46: [01:06:45] <simon_w|work> God I hate Smarty
47: [01:07:12] <simon_w|work> onclick="{if $cellAvail[x][y] != 'avRosterAvailable' || $cellConflict[x][y]}showCellAvailabilityView({ldelim}user_id:{$user_index[y]},date:{ldelim}type:'specific',date_start:{$headings_x[x].avail_date_start},date_end:{$headings_x[x].avail_date_end}{rdelim},x:{$smarty.section.x.index},y:{$smarty.section.y.index}{rdelim});{else}createShift({$smarty.section.x.index}, {$smarty.section.y.index}, {ldelim}showAvButton: true, users: [{
48: [01:07:12] <simon_w|work> $user_index[y]}]{rdelim});{/if}return false;"
49: [01:07:21] <simon_w|work> There's an undefined index in there
50: [01:07:28] <Colin[pi]> yukc
51: [01:07:30] <Colin[pi]> *yuck also
52: [01:08:04] <antmas> that translates to me as onclick="whatthefuckisthiscrap"
53: [01:08:13] <simon_w|work> Pretty much
54: [01:08:35] <simon_w|work> Hmm, maybe I'll just exclude smarty from my notice output
55: [01:08:50] * Tanger has joined #silverstripe
56: [01:10:06] <antmas> when I look at that onclick function and then look at Smarty's philosophy, I get much confuse
57: [01:10:33] <simon_w|work> Smarty has a philosophy that isn't just "trollololololol"?
58: [01:10:39] <antmas> lol
59: [01:10:45] <spronk> isn't that just an epically poor template, as opposed to ... smarty?
60: [01:10:58] <antmas> should be called
61: [01:11:00] <antmas> dumby
62: [01:11:04] <antmas> #amiright
63: [01:11:08] <spronk> HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA 10/10
64: [01:11:35] <simon_w|work> spronk, there's an undefined index in {$content[x][y][ctr2]} too
65: [01:12:01] <simon_w|work> $_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['smarty']->value['section']['ctr2']['loop'] = is_array($_loop=$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['content']->value[$_smarty_tpl->getVariable('smarty')->value['section']['x']['index']][$_smarty_tpl->getVariable('smarty')->value['section']['y']['index']]) ? count($_loop) : max(0, (int)$_loop); unset($_loop);
66: [01:12:05] <simon_w|work> That's the PHP for it
67: [01:12:10] <spronk> who the fuck writes shit like that!?
68: [01:12:33] <simon_w|work> As in, the generated PHP for the template, not the PHP that calls it
69: [01:12:35] <spronk> i mean, using onclick is bad enough
70: [01:12:52] <simon_w|work> This code pre-dates most JS frameworks
71: [01:13:08] <spronk> yeah, but even like 15 years ago onclick was a bad idea
72: [01:13:11] <simon_w|work> I mean, it's old enough that Smarty was a good idea when it was started
73: [01:14:39] <spronk> smarty is still mostly a good idea :P
74: [01:15:02] <Colin[pi]> YES xvfb is working
75: [01:15:08] <Colin[pi]> in your face, segfault
76: [01:15:11] <simon_w|work> My goal's to clean up this code base
77: [01:15:22] <simon_w|work> The first thing I'm doing is fixing the E_NOTICEs everywhere
78: [01:15:28] * spronk imagines segfault as this really fat guy who comes and eats your lunch when you do bad things
79: [01:15:40] * simon_w|work thinks that sounds about right
80: [01:15:49] <Colin[pi]> his boss is colonel panic
81: [01:16:09] <spronk> UH OH
82: [01:16:13] <spronk> YOUR LUNCH WAS STICKING OUT
83: [01:16:16] <spronk> SEGFAULT'S GOT IT NOW
84: [01:16:50] <ss23> lol
85: [01:17:30] <spronk> ohhhhhh
86: [01:17:51] <spronk> websites that use advertising email frequency algorithms based on last visit time annoy me somuch
87: [01:18:07] <spronk> buy something from dx.com, then suddenly swamped by spam for 3 weeks
88: [01:19:20] <Colin[pi]> fuck YES... a shell script to wrap wkhtmltopdf thru xvfb and it's working :D
89: [01:19:25] <Colin[pi]> I might earn my neckbeard yet
90: [01:20:05] <spronk> borderline insanity
91: [01:20:07] <spronk> check
92: [01:20:11] <spronk> yeah, you're close Colin[pi]
93: [01:20:21] <Colin[pi]> lol
94: [01:22:24] <Stomach> Colin[pi], did you copy paste it from stackoverflow?
95: [01:23:05] <Colin[pi]> Stomach: not exactly, but I found the basics of it there :D
96: [01:23:23] <Colin[pi]> that guy was missing the --use-xserver param for wkhtmltopdf
97: [01:23:51] <Stomach> :D
98: [01:24:17] <Colin[pi]> stackoverflow must be the most valuable sites for devs/wannabe neckbeards ever EVER
99: [01:24:21] <Colin[pi]> *site
100: [01:25:00] <simon_w|work> Shouldn't they be on serverfault or whatever the neckbeard part of StackExchange is?
101: [01:25:29] <Colin[pi]> mm prolly should be
102: [01:26:03] <spronk> yknw
103: [01:26:16] <spronk> IMO, stackoverflow would have been better if all the computer/dev/server/netowrking-related stuff was all just... in one place
104: [01:26:53] * DesignerX has joined #silverstripe
105: [01:27:06] <simon_w|work> And they weren't so anal about being in the wrong place or being a potential duplicate
106: [01:27:14] <spronk> IKR
107: [01:28:59] <ss23> What to get for lunch
108: [01:29:02] <ss23> Burger Fuel maybe
109: [01:29:04] <ss23> Ekim maybe...
110: [01:29:05] <ss23> hmmm
111: [01:30:25] <DesignerX> hi everyone, I was told I need to modify my theme & replace h2 & h3 with span in the sidebar & widgets .. is that common practice for SEO ?
112: [01:30:56] * spronk had day old subway from the fridge
113: [01:30:58] <spronk> pwnn
114: [01:31:21] * simon_w|work has zucchini and pumpkin fritters
115: [01:31:53] <simon_w|work> DesignerX, it's more for semantics. Google, at least, doesn't really care since it can detect it's not part of the main content of the page
116: [01:36:20] <Ryan-Toast> DesignerX: doesn’t really matter.
117: [01:36:49] <Ryan-Toast> If your widgets are in a section/asiade and have a header element they need to have a h2/h3
118: [01:37:11] * DesignerX quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
119: [01:38:08] * DesignerX has joined #silverstripe
120: [01:42:16] <spronk> yeah....
121: [01:42:21] <spronk> seems odd to replace h2 and h3 with span
122: [01:42:25] <spronk> span is meaningless o_O\
123: [01:46:11] <DesignerX> ty, my client has someone else doing SEO for the website & he uses some tool to check the website ranking .. he thinks replacing the h2 & h3 with span will improve the website ranking !
124: [01:46:35] <spronk> are the h2 and h3 in the sidebar semantically correcT?
125: [01:46:51] <DesignerX> they are the headings for widgets
126: [01:47:02] <spronk> i.e. if you just read source do they look like sidebar content (in section or articles), or do they look like part of the main content?
127: [01:48:28] <DesignerX> spronk they do, the website is http://bestoffercivil.com.au/
128: [01:48:49] <antmas> dat logo edging
129: [01:49:09] <DesignerX> antmas: the client is sending me the correct images soon :)
130: [01:49:15] <antmas> DesignerX: :D
131: [01:49:35] <spronk> hmm
132: [01:49:40] <spronk> they're all just surrounded in divs
133: [01:49:40] <spronk> so
134: [01:49:42] <spronk> maybe not
135: [01:49:57] <DesignerX> He must have removedc the widgest from the sidebar, but they are the same in the footer
136: [01:50:17] <spronk> well, they do kinda look like just part of the page int he source
137: [01:50:21] <spronk> because they're only surrounded in <divs>
138: [01:50:24] <spronk> which are semantically meaningless, really
139: [01:51:58] <DesignerX> spronk what do you recomend for the sidebar & footer ? using <aside> ?
140: [01:52:06] <spronk> yeha
141: [01:52:13] <spronk> footer is probably fine
142: [01:52:16] <spronk> because its in footer
143: [01:52:18] * muskie9 quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
144: [01:52:21] <spronk> but sidebar in page definitely stick it in aside
145: [01:54:34] <DesignerX> ah yeh, I used <footer> already
146: [01:54:59] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
147: [01:58:36] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
148: [02:06:02] <antmas> ugh mail meges
149: [02:06:05] <antmas> merges*
150: [02:06:35] <antmas> but mmmmm spirulina smoothie!
151: [02:12:59] <spronk> jum
152: [02:14:54] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
153: [02:16:46] * UncleCheese quit (Client Quit)
154: [02:26:26] <antmas> bit of a fire here yesterday that Zippy pointed out - donations https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/richmondfire
155: [02:26:29] <antmas> :P
156: [02:27:15] <DesignerX> another question, are they any plans or chatter about using a template engine like Twig for SS , or making it easier to integrate another TemplateEngine into SS ?
157: [02:29:53] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
158: [02:30:53] * Turnerj has joined #silverstripe
159: [02:32:24] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: Decided I’m going to Seattle next year. The hype train is real.
160: [02:32:43] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: :O
161: [02:32:49] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: just a holiday?
162: [02:32:55] * zippy__ has joined #silverstripe
163: [02:32:57] <UncleCheese> Go Seahawks!
164: [02:33:03] <Ryan-Toast> For the international 5 tournament
165: [02:33:09] <antmas> haha nice
166: [02:33:26] <antmas> zippy__: so this is up https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/richmondfire
167: [02:33:42] <Turnerj> Hey guys, is there a particular protocol the SS framework code follows when it comes to the thirdparty JS libraries? I'm wanting to update one of them but I am wondering whether I just modify the code for SS or try and get a pull request to the library.
168: [02:34:14] <Turnerj> Specifically to do with the upload JS in the CMS and it not supporting multiple max file sizes for different file types
169: [02:34:36] <zippy__> antmas: donated?
170: [02:34:36] <UncleCheese> if you're looking to upgrade a specific library, that's a can of worms
171: [02:34:58] <UncleCheese> if you're looking to override functionality, that's actually probably a lot easier than you think
172: [02:35:10] <antmas> zippy__: yeah $50
173: [02:36:35] <zippy__> Share your contact information with Digital Development Neru (recommended)
174: [02:36:37] <zippy__> pfftt
175: [02:36:53] <Turnerj> UncleCheese: I specifically need to change jquery.fileupload.js as it supports only one value for max file size where I need every upload field to support multiple file sizes
176: [02:37:17] <Turnerj> UncleCheese: Are you suggesting I just load another JS file to override that one?
177: [02:38:44] <zippy__> antmas: https://www.givealittle.co.nz/cause/richmondfire matched
178: [02:38:57] <antmas> zippy__: :D
179: [02:39:05] <antmas> had a friend in the states just drop $100
180: [02:39:42] <antmas> weird that there is an option for ? $
181: [02:43:35] <zippy__> I think it was anonamys amount maybe?
182: [02:46:30] <antmas> must be
183: [02:56:03] <ss23> antmas: HEY
184: [02:56:08] <ss23> antmas: thought you might be interested to know... :3
185: [02:56:15] <ss23> antmas: You know that chick who "has nothing wrong with her"?
186: [02:56:15] <ss23> :3
187: [02:56:29] <ss23> Tests say she has ankylosing spondyltiis
188: [02:57:06] <antmas> ss23: yeah that was found out sometime early last year
189: [02:57:51] <ss23> mm
190: [02:58:28] <antmas> ss23: and she was attempting to get support for another thing entirely
191: [03:00:51] <antmas> ss23: have you been following her for long on twitter?
192: [03:02:53] <ss23> I don't follow her at all
193: [03:02:54] <ss23> :P
194: [03:03:09] <antmas> ss23: ah :P you should, it's gold sometimes
195: [03:04:16] <ss23> 2lazy
196: [03:06:36] <antmas> :P
197: [03:09:20] * unsignedint quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
198: [03:10:03] <DesignerX> I answered my own question above, I found a module to enable twig in SS but havnt tested it yet : https://github.com/camspiers/silverstripe-twig if anyone is interested
199: [03:13:24] <antmas> DesignerX: is twig any good?
200: [03:15:11] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: not worth the effort imo
201: [03:15:15] <DesignerX> antmas: I've been playing around with symfony & yes, so many fun things to do with twig
202: [03:15:48] <DesignerX> one of the main thing is extending othertemplate, will save me alot of time copy/pasting code to make minor changes to templates
203: [03:16:51] <DesignerX> this way I can extend a template and override a "block" to my liking instead of re-creating the same template over & over
204: [03:17:17] <Ryan-Toast> I feel like if you know how to make templates properly you don’t need to extend them.
205: [03:18:02] <DesignerX> depends on the project i guess
206: [03:18:08] <Ryan-Toast> this is true
207: [03:19:52] <DesignerX> sometimes you have content to be rendered in 2 different locations with a very similar template (locations could be same page or different pages), this way I create a base template then extend it .. making it easier to update/fix in the future
208: [03:22:03] * cloph quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
209: [03:22:09] * cloph_away has joined #silverstripe
210: [03:23:58] * antmas quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
211: [03:30:09] * unsignedint has joined #silverstripe
212: [03:47:45] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], If you though "Families & Communities Day" was a BS public holiday, NT has this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picnic_Day_(Australia_holiday)
213: [03:53:02] * antmas has joined #silverstripe
214: [03:54:38] <zippy__> DesignerX: similar to laravel -> blade?
215: [03:57:27] <DesignerX> zippy__: yes
216: [03:58:11] <DesignerX> now I look at it, it's very similar
217: [03:58:18] <DesignerX> but I never used blade
218: [03:59:11] <zippy__> lets see if I can hose up my computer by installing http://mailcatcher.me/
219: [04:01:23] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: lol
220: [04:02:04] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: I just think its a joke how Families & Communities Day was originally held on Melbourne Cup day
221: [04:02:24] <Colin[pi]> should have been called "Miss the arvo of work, get pissed and gamble" day
222: [04:02:57] * antmas quit (Quit: Page closed)
223: [04:03:30] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], asking the boss if I can work different days next week to see if I can road trip it up to Sydney
224: [04:03:39] <simon_w|work> (or train, I don't really mind ;))
225: [04:04:47] <zippy__> Typical kiwi he'll think, only been working here for a month and already wants to make changes ;-)
226: [04:05:19] <simon_w|work> zippy__, I'm already going through and making the code work with E_NOTICE turned on :p
227: [04:07:38] <simon_w|work> Next thing on my list is to move away from Smarty ;)
228: [04:10:11] * firefox2kx quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
229: [04:14:12] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
230: [04:14:12] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2832 (3.1 - ae7d751 : Damian Mooyman): The build passed.
231: [04:14:12] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/d1d295056b0e...ae7d7516f668
232: [04:14:12] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/29381754
233: [04:14:12] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
234: [04:14:22] * Turnerj quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
235: [04:20:30] * joelpittet quit ()
236: [04:22:55] <Stomach> Ryan-Toast, whens it start? tomorrow morning NZ time?
237: [04:23:00] <Stomach> seattle is quite far away
238: [04:23:29] <Ryan-Toast> Wildcard matches start at 12pm our time
239: [04:23:38] <Stomach> yeaaaah got the afternoon off
240: [04:24:08] <simon_w|work> But is it a *, +, *? or +? type wildcard?
241: [04:24:24] <Stomach> +
242: [04:27:08] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: I got my money on Liquid
243: [04:27:23] <Stomach> I reckon Newbee
244: [04:27:29] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
245: [04:27:33] <Ryan-Toast> I mean for the wildcard matches
246: [04:27:37] <Stomach> oh
247: [04:27:48] <Ryan-Toast> Since CIS hasn’t practised in a month
248: [04:28:15] <Stomach> yeah its either VP or Liquid
249: [04:28:22] <Stomach> will be able to tell after game one of VP
250: [04:28:27] <Stomach> they either roll everyone or lose hard
251: [04:28:36] <Stomach> but who knows :D
252: [04:39:55] * an_Eskimo quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
253: [04:45:10] <Ryan-Toast> Liquid aren’t known for their consistancy though.
254: [04:45:30] * joelpittet quit ()
255: [04:51:19] <Colin[pi]> client asks me to quote on how much for a "button" in the style of their site/branding... to place in newsletters etc. to visit the site
256: [04:51:23] <Colin[pi]> so I quote him
257: [04:51:34] <Colin[pi]> and he's like. oh X amount is too much
258: [04:51:38] <Colin[pi]> could you do X-50%
259: [04:51:42] <Colin[pi]> and I can help with the design
260: [04:51:54] <Colin[pi]> well why the fuck do you need me to make the button then?
261: [04:58:21] <zippy__> god damn ruby and gems and all that bollocks
262: [05:03:21] <ss23> Colin[pi]: Pretty standard response -- "No"
263: [05:04:10] <Colin[pi]> ss23: like seriously wtf
264: [05:04:18] <Colin[pi]> how the fuck do people's brains work?
265: [05:04:51] <Colin[pi]> or maybe they don't, that's the thing
266: [05:05:15] <ss23> Colin[pi]: a classic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY
267: [05:05:49] <spronk> heh
268: [05:05:49] <spronk> yeah
269: [05:06:00] <spronk> tbh though
270: [05:06:02] <spronk> i dont blame some
271: [05:06:15] <spronk> because... some outfits charge through the fucking roof on an houly basis
272: [05:06:37] <Colin[pi]> ss23: I dont think I can watch it again, it makes me rage too much
273: [05:06:56] <ss23> hhahaha
274: [05:07:52] <UncleCheese> this is great!
275: [05:09:38] <Colin[pi]> ss23: dammit I watched it, rage of a 1000 suns building inside
276: [05:09:52] <ss23> hahaha
277: [05:10:53] <zippy__> is good
278: [05:14:27] <Colin[pi]> when I worked just as a dev without dealing with the client stuff, I had no idea just how sweet it was
279: [05:14:37] <Colin[pi]> ah good memories, just sitting there coding
280: [05:14:43] <Colin[pi]> not dealing with this shit
281: [05:15:59] <simon_w|work> I know how bad it is dealing with clients
282: [05:16:02] <simon_w|work> So I don't do it :D
283: [05:16:50] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: what's worse though is that when I started my business I had a couple of REALLY great clients
284: [05:17:02] <Colin[pi]> then I've come to realise they seem to be the minority
285: [05:17:07] <ss23> I don't mind some clients ^.^
286: [05:17:12] <ss23> I like to pick and choose clients, it makes work nice
287: [05:17:12] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
288: [05:17:17] <ss23> We have clients who are always nice, send us cake and shit
289: [05:17:18] <ss23> :D
290: [05:17:22] <ss23> I <3 them and treat them special
291: [05:20:05] <DesignerX> ss23: nice video lol
292: [05:21:56] <Colin[pi]> DesignerX: you're familiar with this too? :D
293: [05:22:04] <DesignerX> yell yeh
294: [05:22:12] <DesignerX> hell *
295: [05:22:17] <DesignerX> lol .. always
296: [05:22:42] <DesignerX> they want to see how it looks but will pay after the work is done & fall in love with it !
297: [05:25:03] <DesignerX> sometimes I have to refuse jobs for this reason .. with a $800 budget they want a full working unique website to "have a look at" then decide if they want to buy it ..
298: [05:25:23] * Ryan-Toast quit (Quit: Ryan-Toast)
299: [05:26:00] <Colin[pi]> DesignerX: rofl... I got four letter for them... G T F O
300: [05:26:05] <Colin[pi]> *letters
301: [05:28:46] <DesignerX> :)
302: [05:43:28] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
303: [05:46:05] * zippy__ quit (Quit: zippy__)
304: [05:47:55] * helloworld has joined #silverstripe
305: [05:48:34] <helloworld> Hi there
306: [05:48:39] <helloworld> is there anyone here?
307: [05:48:43] <ss23> No
308: [05:48:45] <ss23> HIDE QUCIK HIDE
309: [05:48:46] * ss23 hides
310: [05:49:00] <helloworld> lol
311: [05:49:42] <helloworld> i need some help with page comments in silverstripe
312: [05:49:59] <helloworld> would it be possible to change the layout of the comments form?
313: [05:59:09] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], I'm allowed to road trip now
314: [05:59:29] <simon_w|work> helloworld, change it in what way?
315: [06:18:03] * qlex has joined #silverstripe
316: [06:18:06] * qlex says hi
317: [06:18:27] <qlex> i have two questions, a client of mine is running website on ss 2.3.1 (!!!!).
318: [06:18:57] <qlex> how complicated is a move to 3.1 ? (no custom modules, just blog, userforms, security captcha - all available as newest modules)
319: [06:19:06] <qlex> for userforms he needs to implement ssl protocol he purchased
320: [06:19:28] <qlex> would the trick with Director::forceSSL(array('/^registration/', '/^Security/','/^admin/')); work on ss 2.3.1 ??
321: [06:19:47] <simon_w|work> qlex, just force SSL for the entire site
322: [06:20:06] <qlex> no, he doesnt want for whole site, just for /registration
323: [06:20:07] <simon_w|work> And, if there's nothing custom, the most dangerous bit would be upgrading userforms (it got completely redone)
324: [06:20:25] <simon_w|work> qlex, Do it for the whole site anyway
325: [06:20:33] <qlex> userforms: just to think i was "inspiring" Zauberfisch to provide the patches to userforms :)
326: [06:20:41] <simon_w|work> There's no reason not to
327: [06:20:52] <qlex> which started one of biggest threads that i seen
328: [06:21:05] <qlex> so when users enter site, they will see https for whole site ?
329: [06:21:14] <simon_w|work> yes
330: [06:30:14] <qlex> so will Director::forceSSL(array('/^registration/')); work as well ?
331: [06:30:49] <simon_w|work> It's probably been moved to the Config API
332: [06:31:07] <simon_w|work> I wonder how much fuss there'd be if I remove that option in 3.2...
333: [06:32:05] <qlex> hmm, im going to that client now, and wanted to start the forcessl to registration
334: [06:32:20] <qlex> so i shouldnt bedoing that at all, since its handled diferentyl in 3.1 ?
335: [06:32:42] <simon_w|work> Probably
336: [06:32:51] <simon_w|work> I don't have a SS checkout here, so can't check
337: [06:34:19] <qlex> how is it done in 3.1 and newest ?
338: [06:34:24] <qlex> easier/more difficult ?
339: [06:34:37] <simon_w|work> Most likely through the config API
340: [06:38:57] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
341: [06:38:58] <qlex> simon_w|work: does config api have examples on ssl ?
342: [06:45:43] <qlex> im googling and finding nothing
343: [06:54:03] <qlex> if client stays with 2.3.1 for a while (which they probably will), can we use forceSLL for /registration only today, without testing ?
344: [06:55:54] <simon_w|work> Yes
345: [06:56:03] <simon_w|work> Assuming the server's set up properly
346: [06:57:10] <qlex> best way on live server is to create a page (unpublished or not listed in menu) and forcessl on it and see yes ?
347: [06:58:26] <simon_w|work> First thing to do is to see if changing http:// to https:// works
348: [06:59:41] <qlex> ok, and its better to do for full site then for a selected page yes ?
349: [06:59:56] <qlex> if for full site, is it just Director::forceSSL; ?
350: [07:00:15] <simon_w|work> You need to test that without forceSSL()
351: [07:00:43] <qlex> how? need to go to client in 10mins
352: [07:00:55] <simon_w|work> In the URL you visit, change http:// to https://
353: [07:01:45] <qlex> it works
354: [07:01:58] <simon_w|work> Then you can use forceSSL()
355: [07:02:23] <qlex> shows that startcom ltd is the issuer
356: [07:02:39] <qlex> for full site do i do Director::forceSSL; in config.php ?
357: [07:03:07] <simon_w|work> Director::forceSSL();
358: [07:03:49] <qlex> ok simon, thanks
359: [07:03:52] <qlex> let me head to client
360: [07:03:55] <qlex> ttyl
361: [07:05:32] * qlex has left #silverstripe
362: [07:10:26] * spronk2 quit (Quit: spronk2)
363: [07:10:51] * ocm has joined #silverstripe
364: [07:10:56] <ocm> howdy
365: [07:28:28] * oceanmountain has joined #silverstripe
366: [07:29:57] * ocm quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
367: [07:29:57] * oceanmountain is now known as ocm
368: [07:32:09] * Shrike_Finland quit (Remote host closed the connection)
369: [07:37:27] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
370: [07:45:07] * stnvh has joined #silverstripe
371: [07:47:58] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
372: [07:58:32] * kinglozzer has joined #silverstripe
373: [07:59:23] * krofek quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
374: [08:03:56] <helloworld> @simon_w changing the position of the form and also its css if possible
375: [08:05:04] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
376: [08:08:56] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
377: [08:08:56] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2834 (3.1 - 50214ab : Sean Harvey): The build passed.
378: [08:08:56] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/ae7d7516f668...50214abf7f1a
379: [08:08:56] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/29393167
380: [08:08:56] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
381: [08:17:43] <Shrike_Finland> For my internal server error problem with images on assets folder, it seems to be a problem with regex: "Regex could not be compiled" Hosting company is planning to upgrade httpd, which should fix the problem.
382: [08:23:53] <Shrike_Finland> temporary fix seems to be modifying .htaccess inside assets folder and changing <FilesMatch "\.(?i:html… to <FilesMatch "\.(html… -> removing ?i:
383: [08:24:25] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
384: [08:25:42] * anselmdk has joined #silverstripe
385: [08:40:08] * Pymklk has joined #silverstripe
386: [08:43:31] * Cheddam has joined #silverstripe
387: [08:45:21] * willmorgan has joined #silverstripe
388: [08:46:35] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
389: [09:01:11] * simon_w has joined #silverstripe
390: [09:06:32] * guci0 has joined #silverstripe
391: [09:06:34] <guci0> Hello WOrld!
392: [09:07:59] <ocm> hello guci0
393: [09:08:33] <helloworld> hello guci0
394: [09:08:45] <guci0> ;)))
395: [09:08:47] * spronk2 has joined #silverstripe
396: [09:09:33] <helloworld> does anyone know how to re-layout the comment form in ss3?
397: [09:17:12] <guci0> Find it inside framework, and copy inside your template (include) and convert as u wish... P.S. I never wasn't using build-in comments form
398: [09:17:53] <ocm> how can I get my gridfield for a has_many work in the siteconfig?
399: [09:18:18] <ocm> new GridField( 'MyHasMany', 'Has Many Name', SiteConfig::MyHasMany(), $config ); doesnt work
400: [09:20:18] * zippy__ has joined #silverstripe
401: [09:20:27] * zippy__ quit (Client Quit)
402: [09:21:55] <ocm> ah, fuck it
403: [09:22:07] <ocm> modeladmin it is!
404: [09:26:06] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
405: [09:30:09] * Tanger quit (Quit: Tanger)
406: [09:37:50] * svandragt has joined #silverstripe
407: [09:47:04] <svandragt> Folks, I've got a private static declared on a class of mine that I'm trying to override through the config.yml. This stopped working recently? https://gist.github.com/svandragt/be7298af36c4dcc25af6
408: [09:47:58] <simon_w> svandragt, Config doesn't update the value of the private static. You need to use Config to get the value
409: [09:48:14] <simon_w> self::config()->use_dev
410: [09:48:38] <svandragt> simon_w: ah so it never worked then I had two issues. thanks again what would we do without you simon
411: [10:04:18] <Pymklk> hey wait, you can finally set translation through yml rather than it having to go through a method call?
412: [10:08:30] <simon_w> Pymklk, if it's using the Config API to read the value
413: [10:13:02] <Pymklk> yeah but last I looked you still had to i18n::setLocale('en_NZ'); rather than i18n: Locale: en_NZ
414: [10:15:05] <simon_w> Still need to for i18n at least
415: [10:15:35] <Pymklk> yeah, I just noticed in svandragt's config linked above... I wondered if it'd changed.
416: [10:15:57] <Pymklk> I'd assumed not.
417: [10:16:58] * Cheddam quit (Quit: Textual IRC Client: www.textualapp.com)
418: [10:21:10] * helloworld quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
419: [10:30:23] * r_hector has joined #silverstripe
420: [10:34:06] * r_hector quit (Client Quit)
421: [10:35:50] * r_hector has joined #silverstripe
422: [10:43:13] * Pymklk quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
423: [11:07:11] * simon_w|work quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
424: [11:10:50] * Pylmzak has joined #silverstripe
425: [11:11:04] <Pylmzak> haha, that moment when you're reading through your own code kinglozzer ...
426: [11:11:09] <Pylmzak> $this->fields = array_merge($mudkipz, $compiledInsert,
427: [11:11:31] * caamic30 has joined #silverstripe
428: [11:12:20] <caamic30> hello SS! how to add an html5 tags to the htmleditor please? I need to put figure and figcaption
429: [11:18:53] * simon_w|work has joined #silverstripe
430: [11:32:53] * santhu has joined #silverstripe
431: [11:33:03] * santhu has left #silverstripe
432: [11:39:26] * simon_w quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
433: [11:57:48] <Pylmzak> caamic30: you don't.
434: [11:58:00] <Pylmzak> sad, but that's it.
435: [11:58:50] <Pylmzak> the only thing you can do about it is spend countless hours trying to figure out the exact configuration you need by trawling through TinyMCE's documentation: http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Configuration
436: [11:59:39] <Pylmzak> if you can find what you need there, then you should be ok. Set the options with http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/class-HtmlEditorConfig.html#_setOption
437: [12:08:03] * Stomach quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
438: [12:09:14] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
439: [12:10:18] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
440: [12:14:23] * DesignerX quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
441: [12:20:23] <Pylmzak> caamic30: http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/rich-text-editing
442: [12:25:11] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
443: [12:32:06] <caamic30> Thanks Pylmzak, I will look into showing the figure & footer tags in formar dropdown
444: [12:36:00] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
445: [12:36:25] <spronk2> dude
446: [12:36:30] <spronk2> something is going on at brisbane airport
447: [12:38:02] <ocm> what is happening?
448: [12:38:09] <ocm> flying saucers?
449: [12:38:57] <ocm> https://twitter.com/BrisbaneAirport/status/486488918435459072
450: [12:38:58] <ocm> sounds interesting
451: [12:40:15] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
452: [12:43:07] <spronk2> mm
453: [12:43:13] <spronk2> http://www.flightradar24.com/SIA245/3c33fea
454: [13:02:14] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
455: [13:13:30] * r_hector quit (Quit: Leaving.)
456: [13:26:41] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
457: [13:30:55] <ocm> spronk2 any clue of what is happening?
458: [13:31:03] <ocm> HM370 perhaps? returning from out of the sea? :P
459: [13:42:04] <Pylmzak> spronk2: you normally keep an eye on Brizzy airport?
460: [13:42:13] <Pylmzak> ocm: hahahahahah
461: [13:42:22] <Pylmzak> if it's flying saucers, then maybe.
462: [13:42:27] <Pylmzak> but probably not :P
463: [13:49:34] <Pylmzak> spronk2: ocm hahahahaahahah http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-08/car-driven-on-to-brisbane-airport-runway/5582916
464: [13:51:46] <ocm> lol
465: [13:52:50] * scpi has joined #silverstripe
466: [13:53:07] * marvanni has joined #silverstripe
467: [14:07:44] <Pylmzak> hmvvmc
468: [14:08:00] <Pylmzak> just combine all the things. PATTERN THE PATTERNS
469: [14:16:14] * NETim has joined #silverstripe
470: [14:16:53] <NETim> Anyone have any ideas for running a scheduled task which is not available via a URL?
471: [14:18:43] <marvanni> with the Scheduled Tasks :)
472: [14:18:47] <marvanni> http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/commandline
473: [14:19:15] <marvanni> cli-script.php dev/tasks/MyTask
474: [14:19:39] <Pylmzak> NETim: cron.
475: [14:20:05] <NETim> That much i've got. In the past we've only managed to call pages from the cron.
476: [14:20:07] <Pylmzak> marvanni: sake get/path
477: [14:20:19] <Pylmzak> yeah, well call the controller.
478: [14:20:31] <Pylmzak> sake MyController/action
479: [14:21:04] <marvanni> but that will be accesible by url
480: [14:21:17] <Pylmzak> everythying is accessible by url.
481: [14:21:17] <NETim> that's what we're trying to avoid.
482: [14:21:20] <Pylmzak> that's kinda the point.
483: [14:21:26] <Pylmzak> if you don't want it to be, then deny it.
484: [14:21:44] <NETim> how would we deny it?
485: [14:21:47] <Pylmzak> type yoursite/Page_Controller in and see what happens.
486: [14:21:49] <Pylmzak> with a route.
487: [14:22:09] <Pylmzak> or allowed_actions
488: [14:22:34] <NETim> would that not prevent the cron from running the task?
489: [14:23:54] <marvanni> you could check for Director::is_cli(); to prevent access
490: [14:24:07] <marvanni> or limit by a list of ip's
491: [14:25:09] <marvanni> function init() { parent::init(); if(!Director::is_cli()) return;}
492: [14:25:26] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
493: [14:26:12] <NETim> is_cli sounds good. I'll give that a go. Thanks.
494: [14:26:36] <marvanni> I see that ScheduledTask is depricated.. so you could create a BuilTask or use a Controller..
495: [14:27:49] <NETim> We currently have a controller built. it works fine on the cron, we're just trying to prevent people from triggering it with a browser
496: [14:28:47] <svandragt> got to love undocumented hand me downs with short notice.
497: [14:32:13] <NETim> The importer isn't a hand me down unfortunately, just something we've not done before
498: [14:46:31] <micmania1> NETim: extend CliController
499: [14:46:44] * ARNHOE quit ()
500: [14:47:20] <micmania1> http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/class-CliController.html - You just overload the process method
501: [14:47:34] <micmania1> It does all the cli and admin checks for you
502: [14:53:43] <marvanni> thats a better one...
503: [14:58:50] * spronk2 quit (Quit: spronk2)
504: [15:01:25] * catcher quit (Remote host closed the connection)
505: [15:06:12] <Pylmzak> NETim: see what cli... yeah as above.
506: [15:06:30] <Pylmzak> [15:47] <micmania1> http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/class-CliController.html
507: [15:06:43] <NETim> Looks promising.
508: [15:06:52] <Pylmzak> it's kinda what it's there for ;)
509: [15:11:47] * MischaK has joined #silverstripe
510: [15:11:51] * cloph_away is now known as cloph
511: [15:26:54] <NETim> thanks
512: [15:29:50] <ocm> anyone who is using silverstripe/mobile aswell?
513: [15:30:19] <Pylmzak> doesn't that just use jquery mobile?
514: [15:30:25] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
515: [15:30:48] <ocm> nah, not necesarily
516: [15:30:53] <ocm> it is mobile detection, serverside
517: [15:31:08] <ocm> but I wonder if it is possible to set different requirements in the contrlllers
518: [15:31:13] <ocm> for the mobile templates
519: [15:31:33] <marvanni> I prefer the silverstripe foundation module for that...
520: [15:31:40] <marvanni> But this one works well : https://github.com/serbanghita/Mobile-Detect
521: [15:31:47] <ocm> I am using this one
522: [15:31:48] <ocm> https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-mobile
523: [15:33:29] <marvanni> will do the same as far as I can see
524: [15:34:20] <MischaK> I have a weird problem, I don't seem to get any items back from this code unless I use Firefox: <% loop $ChildrenOf("Genres") %>
525: [15:34:45] <Pylmzak> ... you're not about to paste a page of code into IRC are you?
526: [15:34:56] <marvanni> hehe
527: [15:35:07] <MischaK> i just posted that little tidbit :P
528: [15:35:26] <marvanni> that code should not matter which browser you use...
529: [15:35:29] <Pylmzak> Oh, I see.
530: [15:35:38] <Pylmzak> and yes, that's completely browser irrelevant.
531: [15:35:54] <MischaK> thats what makes it weird :)
532: [15:36:06] <Pylmzak> unless it's returning a list created from Session data
533: [15:36:15] <marvanni> are you sure it's not a javascript or css issue?
534: [15:36:19] <Pylmzak> ^
535: [15:36:33] <MischaK> no rendering is different
536: [15:36:51] <MischaK> http://pastebin.com/n5Qa8RFr
537: [15:36:52] <ocm> marvanni I know what it does, but I wonder if it is possible to have the requirements in init() be depending on mobile/notmobile
538: [15:36:53] * jenniferaslan has joined #silverstripe
539: [15:36:54] <ocm> any clue?
540: [15:36:59] <MischaK> the slightly larger one
541: [15:37:16] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
542: [15:39:06] <MischaK> online version of the page: http://baroeg.mischakroon.nl/programma/
543: [15:42:08] <MischaK> ocm: if you know in the php code then you can just handle that with an if statement no?
544: [15:42:10] <marvanni> seems a caching issue? page looks the same on ie and ff
545: [15:42:15] <Pylmzak> argh fuck how to turn off logging.
546: [15:42:19] <Pylmzak> MOST ANNOYING SHIT EVER
547: [15:42:23] <Pylmzak> 4x the errors!
548: [15:42:39] <Pylmzak> every error makes another one, because no write ability to log apparently
549: [15:43:08] <MischaK> the use of flush=1 / flush=all doesn't make them the same for me
550: [15:43:33] <marvanni> I don't see any options rendered, not in ie, not in ff
551: [15:43:58] <marvanni> it just says Niets geselecteerd
552: [15:44:08] <MischaK> restarted firefox, now its the same
553: [15:45:00] <Pylmzak> MischaK: I'm not seeing any difference
554: [15:45:06] <marvanni> zijn die lui op de homepage ziek ofzo? die kunnen wel wat zonlicht gebruiken volgens mij....
555: [15:46:06] <MischaK> marvanni: gewoon duister en gruizig, maar niet ziek :P
556: [15:46:30] <marvanni> ah is dat het...
557: [15:50:35] <marvanni> But there where no ChildrenOf() I guess?
558: [15:50:44] <MischaK> probleem lijkt nu lokaal nog wel te zijn maar niet online
559: [15:51:00] <MischaK> het verschil tussen FF en chrome
560: [15:51:22] <marvanni> even the rendered HTML?
561: [15:51:28] <marvanni> in different browsers?
562: [15:52:09] <MischaK> http://snag.gy/wUDBj.jpg
563: [15:52:52] <MischaK> http://snag.gy/3exrf.jpg
564: [15:53:50] <marvanni> and if you paste something like this behind the url : ?foo=alotofcrap
565: [15:54:10] <marvanni> and the HTML is really there?
566: [15:54:26] <MischaK> i tried to update the code and that gave different results
567: [15:54:48] <MischaK> so doing the loop with some extra stuff in there showed the items in FF not in Chrome
568: [15:55:32] <MischaK> http://pastebin.com/03qf9Pv0
569: [15:55:41] <MischaK> rendered html included for FF
570: [15:55:46] <marvanni> weird, the rendered html sould be the same, regardless of the browser you use
571: [15:56:42] <marvanni> Guess Firefox is the only one who likes metal
572: [15:56:48] <ocm> time to go home, byebye
573: [15:57:19] <MischaK> might be a timeout on the data grab part or something
574: [15:58:18] <MischaK> so not a browser issue but a timeout on the get of the site tree?
575: [15:58:49] <MischaK> which is then cached?
576: [15:59:30] <marvanni> no, because the respones is send when all templates are parsed
577: [16:00:49] <marvanni> you dont have a hosts file changed which gets the website from another location?
578: [16:01:26] <MischaK> nope
579: [16:01:45] <MischaK> now i do have the same thing happening for me in the online version again
580: [16:01:53] <MischaK> after I added a sort
581: [16:02:00] <MischaK> http://baroeg.mischakroon.nl/programma/?flushtoken=606a6a0f094c038c797065fff626adcf&flush=1
582: [16:04:21] <marvanni> well, not dropdown options here...
583: [16:05:13] <MischaK> I'm getting a bit sad from all this :P
584: [16:05:17] <MischaK> the code did work
585: [16:05:28] <MischaK> and now it doesnt work consistantly
586: [16:06:50] <marvanni> and if you do var_dump($this->ChildrenOf("Genres")); in page init ?
587: [16:07:49] <marvanni> or try an ID instead of URLSegment?
588: [16:08:43] <MischaK> what's the syntax for that?
589: [16:09:22] <marvanni> just ChildrenOf(123)
590: [16:09:54] <marvanni> seen ContentController::ChildrenOf()
591: [16:10:30] <marvanni> but if Genres is a Page URLSegment. what if the URLSegment accidentely changes?
592: [16:10:45] <MischaK> http://pastebin.com/s649tnyr
593: [16:10:51] <MischaK> difference in var drump
594: [16:11:15] <marvanni> Aint it better to create a GenrePage extends page? and do a function Genres(){return GenrePage::get();} ?
595: [16:11:18] <MischaK> local version + online version different id's for the url segmen things
596: [16:11:37] <marvanni> see, thats where you already go....
597: [16:12:20] <MischaK> var dump differnce is between the FF and Chrome
598: [16:13:24] <marvanni> pff..... that can't be.
599: [16:14:26] <Pylmzak> I asked before, but is this relying on Session data at any point?
600: [16:14:48] <MischaK> Pylmzak, i dont think so
601: [16:14:49] <marvanni> only if you limit the access the Genres by UserLogin?
602: [16:15:01] <MischaK> Silverstripe site coupled with mysql database
603: [16:15:14] * Martin____ has joined #silverstripe
604: [16:15:21] <Pylmzak> yeah, but there'll be a reason it's different, and it's gotta be session related.
605: [16:15:26] <Pylmzak> there's not much other explanation
606: [16:16:00] <marvanni> if you var_dump your database config, are they the same in both browsers?
607: [16:16:21] <marvanni> I guess Pylmzak might be right
608: [16:16:21] <MischaK> that makes total sense :)
609: [16:16:56] <Pylmzak> clear your cookies for the site in both browsers. see what happens.
610: [16:17:06] <marvanni> brb
611: [16:18:45] <MischaK> fixed
612: [16:18:53] <MischaK> not everyone could view the pages
613: [16:19:00] <MischaK> only logged in users
614: [16:19:07] <MischaK> didnt expect that to influence my query
615: [16:19:31] <marvanni> yes if i try to access Genres i need to login
616: [16:19:31] <marvanni> http://baroeg.mischakroon.nl/Security/login?BackURL=%2FGenres
617: [16:20:04] <MischaK> http://baroeg.mischakroon.nl/genres
618: [16:20:08] <MischaK> now it works
619: [16:20:12] <marvanni> better use a DataObject with a Page many_many Genre or something
620: [16:20:53] <MischaK> i would prefer that it doesnt work though :P
621: [16:21:17] <marvanni> "Hieronder dienen de genres geplaatst te worden deze zullen niet worden getoond op de website"
622: [16:21:21] <marvanni> wel dus ;)
623: [16:22:08] <MischaK> ja wel als ik dus die pagina open moet zetten voor iedereen
624: [16:22:13] <MischaK> om die query te laten werken
625: [16:22:20] <Pylmzak> [17:20] <MischaK> i would prefer that it doesnt work though :P
626: [16:22:20] <marvanni> maar hangt er nog wat onder dan?
627: [16:22:29] <Pylmzak> you can still set canView() on dataObjects
628: [16:22:30] <marvanni> aan pagina's?
629: [16:22:31] <marvanni> hehe
630: [16:23:18] <marvanni> I can deliver websites that won't work if thats the spec... guaranteed ;)
631: [16:23:53] <MischaK> whats the best way to query the items below the "genres" without the genres page actually displaying stuff to non logged in people
632: [16:24:14] <marvanni> well if you insist on using pages for categories
633: [16:24:28] <MischaK> I've already done it :P
634: [16:24:30] <marvanni> you could set ShowInMenus and ShowInSearch to 0
635: [16:24:44] <MischaK> done already in settings for admin
636: [16:25:17] <MischaK> they are also different classes so i could probably do something with those
637: [16:25:18] <marvanni> http://baroeg.mischakroon.nl/genres/
638: [16:25:31] <marvanni> still see them in the menu
639: [16:26:04] <MischaK> oh the underlying items
640: [16:26:57] <marvanni> just create a method in PageController::
641: [16:27:34] <marvanni> function Genres() {return SiteTree::get()->where("URLSegment = 'Genres'");}
642: [16:27:44] <marvanni> that wont use the canView() check
643: [16:27:45] <MischaK> http://baroeg.mischakroon.nl/genres
644: [16:27:57] <MischaK> used empty templates
645: [16:29:15] <marvanni> But I would really reconsider the selection by URLSegment, unless you force the URLSegment to be Genres
646: [16:29:22] <willmorgan> yeah
647: [16:29:25] <willmorgan> you want a GenrePage or something
648: [16:29:37] <marvanni> yes ^ that
649: [16:29:57] <marvanni> make sure that only one can be created, or only ADMINS can do
650: [16:30:33] <MischaK> Is there a way to make a query to just select all pages of type = genre which are not disabled / removed
651: [16:30:46] <MischaK> would do that same thing and be the most robust i guess
652: [16:31:07] * NETim quit (Quit: Page closed)
653: [16:31:20] <MischaK> you guys are awesome btw :)
654: [16:31:21] <marvanni> yes, but you then don't have to worry about someones changing the urlsegment by accident..
655: [16:31:31] <marvanni> just get a Page by ClassName
656: [16:31:46] <marvanni> beer brake
657: [16:32:45] * CodeTrap has joined #silverstripe
658: [16:38:06] * caamic30 has left #silverstripe
659: [16:38:42] * babak quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
660: [16:48:00] * babak has joined #silverstripe
661: [16:56:01] <marvanni> This should happen no more :)
662: [16:56:02] <marvanni> https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/issues/1042
663: [16:58:55] <MischaK> nice :)
664: [17:00:06] <MischaK> another question, if people move pages from 1 url segment to another aka: news -> archive, is it possible to give back the page out of the archive instead of throwing a 404 easily
665: [17:00:56] <MischaK> when people are linking to the news/bla-bla-bla url
666: [17:01:26] <marvanni> hm, not sure what you mean, but changing the URLSegment should 301 a user to the new URLsegment
667: [17:01:46] <MischaK> yeah, how do i set that up in silverstripe?
668: [17:01:48] <marvanni> the old page is in the SiteTree_versions table
669: [17:02:01] <marvanni> it's out of the box behaviour..
670: [17:02:07] <MischaK> ahh cool
671: [17:02:15] <marvanni> at least, it was last time I checked
672: [17:05:52] <MischaK> cool just checked
673: [17:06:00] <MischaK> didnt think that would work out of the box
674: [17:06:19] <MischaK> guess i should have visited the irc channel earlier :)
675: [17:10:24] <MischaK> time to supply the gf with some food
676: [17:10:28] <MischaK> thx guys :)
677: [17:13:12] * scpi quit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
678: [17:20:36] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
679: [17:20:36] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] tylerkidd/silverstripe-framework#4 (3186_versionableExtensions_with_tests_3 - f4c581b : Tyler Kidd): The build is still failing.
680: [17:20:36] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/tylerkidd/silverstripe-framework/compare/e79ed6776790...f4c581be0ec9
681: [17:20:36] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/tylerkidd/silverstripe-framework/builds/29433734
682: [17:20:36] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
683: [17:30:43] * catcher quit (Quit: Leaving)
684: [17:44:13] * krofek has joined #silverstripe
685: [17:49:11] * oddnoc has joined #silverstripe
686: [17:51:35] * gelignite has joined #silverstripe
687: [17:56:34] * muskie9 quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
688: [17:58:49] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
689: [17:59:46] * muskie9 quit (Client Quit)
690: [18:05:39] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
691: [18:17:33] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
692: [18:21:33] * jrthomer quit (Quit: Leaving...)
693: [18:38:29] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
694: [18:48:00] * anselmdk quit (Quit: anselmdk)
695: [18:49:57] * jrthomer has joined #silverstripe
696: [18:50:00] * scpi has joined #silverstripe
697: [19:07:30] * hubertus_ has joined #silverstripe
698: [19:11:41] * hubertus_ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
699: [19:34:47] * muskie9 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
700: [19:37:06] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
701: [19:48:29] * ccburns has joined #silverstripe
702: [20:01:47] * willmorgan quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
703: [20:04:03] * willmorgan has joined #silverstripe
704: [20:13:30] * ccburns_ has joined #silverstripe
705: [20:13:38] * ccburns quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
706: [20:13:38] * ccburns_ is now known as ccburns
707: [20:13:58] * ccburns has left #silverstripe
708: [20:14:04] * ccburns has joined #silverstripe
709: [20:18:55] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
710: [20:23:36] <Stomach> brazil getting smaaashed
711: [20:31:09] * nickmolhoek has joined #silverstripe
712: [20:35:47] * antmas has joined #silverstripe
713: [20:35:48] <muskie9> kept looking up and another goal scored, textbook how to silence an entire stadium
714: [20:36:05] <antmas> viva la Germany!
715: [20:36:48] <antmas> I don't even watch football and this is pretty nuts
716: [20:39:53] * willmorgan quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
717: [20:46:18] <Stomach> yeah its quite the trouncing thus far
718: [20:47:56] <antmas> the crowd's reactions are great
719: [20:48:17] <antmas> or lack of reactions rather
720: [20:49:23] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
721: [20:49:34] <muskie9> anyone know of an easy (or not so easy) way of overriding the word Email in the login form
722: [20:50:12] * Ryan-Toast has joined #silverstripe
723: [20:54:47] <antmas> Germany is fueled by that crying Brazillian kid's tears
724: [20:58:19] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: Stream is live
725: [20:58:23] <Ryan-Toast> http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti
726: [20:59:31] * antmas_ has joined #silverstripe
727: [21:00:12] <Ryan-Toast> Man Bristleback is in all these games
728: [21:01:19] * antmas quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
729: [21:03:37] <antmas_> Ryan-Toast: what was that link again? no point watching any more football
730: [21:03:46] * antmas_ is now known as antmas
731: [21:06:46] * zippy__ has joined #silverstripe
732: [21:07:23] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: http://www.twitch.tv/dota2ti
733: [21:07:28] <Stomach> when does the stream finish today
734: [21:07:40] <Stomach> you said 12pm :P
735: [21:07:41] <Ryan-Toast> Only a Bo3 I think left
736: [21:07:46] <zippy__> it'd be nice if there was a irc command you could use, to 'watch' someone to see if they are online / offline (automatic notification). I think some clients have magic built in (using the whois or similar command)… but still
737: [21:08:15] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: Simon’s always online though.
738: [21:08:20] <zippy__> :)
739: [21:08:25] <zippy__> don't want to stalk him
740: [21:08:44] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: yeah, next game is EG vs Cloud9 in 19 hours
741: [21:09:52] <Ryan-Toast> Not looking good for Liquid in game one :(
742: [21:11:11] <Ryan-Toast> OH BIG COMBACK
743: [21:11:59] <zippy__> I don't understand that game
744: [21:12:15] <zippy__> but I think eve is better
745: [21:12:21] * zippy__ is just throwing that out there
746: [21:12:30] * antmas used to play EVE
747: [21:12:53] <zippy__> a time sink eh
748: [21:13:27] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: Accounting simulator 2014?
749: [21:13:29] <antmas> a life sink yeah
750: [21:13:38] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: if you want to play it that way
751: [21:13:55] <antmas> dota+SC2 is just a mouse clicking trainer :P
752: [21:14:05] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: I used to watch people play when I worked at a net cafe, looked pretty cool.
753: [21:14:18] * irogue__ has joined #silverstripe
754: [21:14:43] <zippy__> sometimes I think about re-activating the account...
755: [21:14:50] <antmas> zippy__: so do I :P
756: [21:14:53] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: Have you tried DotA?
757: [21:15:09] <antmas> they're working on a new EVE
758: [21:15:11] <antmas> so I might wait
759: [21:15:13] <zippy__> antmas: last time I did (3 years ago~) I played with the red v blue - that was quite fun...
760: [21:15:18] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: no
761: [21:15:26] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: Give it a try, man. Great fun.
762: [21:15:29] <irogue__> [09:14:44] <zippy__> sometimes I think about re-activating the account...
763: [21:15:34] <irogue__> y'all better not have been talking about WoW
764: [21:15:40] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: They have a good tutorial system now, so noob friendly.
765: [21:15:41] <antmas> irogue__: fuck wow
766: [21:15:42] <zippy__> irogue__: hells no… eve
767: [21:15:48] <irogue__> thank god
768: [21:15:54] <irogue__> EVE is pretty cool
769: [21:15:55] <Ryan-Toast> let’s not talk about WoW
770: [21:16:04] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: no time, 2 kids and all
771: [21:16:22] <zippy__> hoolllyyy shit. if someone ever tells you "having a second kid is easy" they are bullshitting
772: [21:16:24] <zippy__> it's a trap
773: [21:16:24] <antmas> zippy__: I have 1 kid and even Battlefield is tough to get tim on!
774: [21:16:32] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: My mate conditioned his kids into liking to watch DotA. Clever man.
775: [21:16:35] <antmas> time*
776: [21:16:44] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: good parenting 101
777: [21:17:28] <Ryan-Toast> I did the same thing with my mrs.
778: [21:17:35] <Ryan-Toast> She likes watching now.
779: [21:18:34] * r3v3rb has joined #silverstripe
780: [21:18:45] <Stomach> nows the best time to watch dota2, theres the noob stream
781: [21:18:46] <r3v3rb> hi everyone
782: [21:19:40] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: Purge-senpai
783: [21:20:28] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: This game is pretty good, man. My rares are on Liquid, so cmon boys.
784: [21:20:32] <irogue__> [09:16:32] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: My mate conditioned his kids into liking to watch DotA. Clever man.
785: [21:20:34] <irogue__> very smart
786: [21:20:47] <r3v3rb> here’s a question: I have a GridFieldDetailForm_ItemRequest which has a doDelete function that works perfectly when viewing the item and then clicking delete, everything in the delete clean up code works. If I click the delete icon in the gridfield list view the doDelete function never gets called ( because its part of the DetailForm… ) so how can I fire a function from the gridfield list view delete button?
787: [21:20:49] <antmas> any game that has the Necronomicon is good in my books
788: [21:21:06] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: except rat games.
789: [21:21:09] <zippy__> r3v3rb: you using a relation here, so it's just unlinking?
790: [21:21:15] <irogue__> in a week and a half, Ryan-Toast, your mate will have an automatic babysitter
791: [21:21:18] <zippy__> GridField_RelationConfig() ?
792: [21:21:20] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: AKA Bulldog games.
793: [21:21:25] <r3v3rb> huh, I took my kids sea angling tonight irogue_ - no computers for them any more!
794: [21:21:36] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: I meant the game in general
795: [21:21:36] <Ryan-Toast> irogue__: Lol yeah. I’m in australia for the whole of the tournament :(
796: [21:21:40] <r3v3rb> zippy__: nah, its cleaning up and deleting stuff at the same time
797: [21:21:45] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: oh, haha
798: [21:21:50] <irogue__> Ryan-Toast: what an unfortunate place to be (in general)
799: [21:21:50] <irogue__> :P
800: [21:21:53] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: I'm a huge lovecraft fan boi :P
801: [21:22:16] <zippy__> r3v3rb: but in the gridfield list view, the doDelete function isn't getting called? I think it's because if your using the GridField_RelationConfig it doesn't call delete but unlink
802: [21:22:49] <Ryan-Toast> irogue__: Going for my nieces birthday, so she’s going to learn what DotA is.
803: [21:22:55] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: ESL always has such good quality twitch streams
804: [21:23:01] <r3v3rb> zippy__: okay, I never specified the gridfield as modelAdmin handled that :) I guess by default it uses unlink then?
805: [21:23:10] <zippy__> oh mm maybe
806: [21:23:12] <Ryan-Toast> antmas: Yeah, hard.
807: [21:23:42] <zippy__> r3v3rb: the icon, does it look like a chain with small red cross?
808: [21:24:08] <r3v3rb> nope a great red circle with white cross
809: [21:24:13] <r3v3rb> zippy__: ^^
810: [21:24:23] <zippy__> r3v3rb: ok, so the item will get deleted then, just your function not called?
811: [21:24:33] <zippy__> r3v3rb: so you might need to call the onBeforeDelete()
812: [21:24:53] <r3v3rb> okay i’ll try that :)
813: [21:25:02] <r3v3rb> thanks, sleep time for now though
814: [21:25:04] <zippy__> and call the doDelete there
815: [21:25:11] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
816: [21:26:33] <r3v3rb> zippy__: sure, will try am tomorrow - tired now :)
817: [21:26:47] * zippy__ can now see why small tasks take 4x longer when irc is open...
818: [21:26:51] <guci0> 0:6 ;))
819: [21:27:37] * PapaBearNZ has joined #silverstripe
820: [21:28:47] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
821: [21:28:58] <r3v3rb> zippy__: sorry :\
822: [21:29:10] <zippy__> r3v3rb: haha it's not your fault
823: [21:29:13] <zippy__> I talk to much
824: [21:29:20] <r3v3rb> yeh it was :)
825: [21:29:40] <zippy__> nope, antmas starting going on about eve
826: [21:30:05] <muskie9> so if I override this static in config.yml: http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/source-class-MemberLoginForm.html#78 why would it change the field name and not just the label: http://sspaste.com/paste/show/53bc5dc21794d
827: [21:30:24] <antmas> zippy__: :O that was YOU!
828: [21:30:26] <antmas> :P
829: [21:31:48] <PapaBearNZ> Hi all! Multiform woes. I'm getting a fault in my confirm step. I've tracked it down to the loaddata function which is calling Form->getExtraFields() which is looking for the form security token. Multiform doesn't use the standard Form security token even though the security token is disabled in Multiform::__construct(). I would rather not hack on core to resolve this if I don't have to at this stage. Any suggestions?
830: [21:32:19] <irogue__> ah, the amount of lols in our office at the mo with regard to the world cup game...
831: [21:32:41] <Blacklite> yeah
832: [21:32:44] <antmas> irogue__: yeah same here
833: [21:32:46] <Blacklite> we're watching it too
834: [21:32:51] <antmas> is it 6-0 now?
835: [21:32:51] <PapaBearNZ> s/even though/; /
836: [21:32:53] <zippy__> WOAH! 6 - 0
837: [21:32:54] <Blacklite> yep
838: [21:32:59] <zippy__> is there a live stream?
839: [21:33:06] <Blacklite> we've got sky
840: [21:33:06] <antmas> zippy__: tvnz ondemand
841: [21:33:24] <PapaBearNZ> yeah - 6-0! It's gonna take an Act-of-God for Brazil to make it to the finals.
842: [21:33:32] <Blacklite> yeah, 7 goals...
843: [21:33:33] <Blacklite> gl
844: [21:33:40] * scpi quit (Quit: scpi)
845: [21:33:53] <irogue__> well it's possible
846: [21:33:59] <irogue__> germany did get 4 goals in 7 minutes :P
847: [21:34:05] <Blacklite> 6
848: [21:34:08] <Blacklite> (minutes)
849: [21:34:15] <irogue__> even better!
850: [21:34:22] <Blacklite> ridiculous
851: [21:34:40] <Blacklite> i was walking from the train station. walked past a pub and heard a big cheer, saw brazil fans crying on the screens
852: [21:34:58] <Blacklite> didn't know the score until i got to work
853: [21:34:59] <zippy__> 7!
854: [21:35:19] <Blacklite> OFMG
855: [21:36:09] <Ryan-Toast> Blacklite: they know what it’s like to be a Warriors fan.
856: [21:36:12] <antmas> PapaBearNZ: are you sure you've built and flushed?
857: [21:36:19] <Blacklite> lol
858: [21:36:23] <irogue__> whaddya teckon, 10-0 final score?
859: [21:36:26] <irogue__> *reckon
860: [21:36:31] <antmas> tekken
861: [21:36:54] <antmas> 9-0 I'd say
862: [21:37:08] <Blacklite> hoping for 9-0
863: [21:37:12] <zippy__> 10-0
864: [21:37:17] <zippy__> double figures, would be awesome
865: [21:37:22] <Blacklite> i'm told there's a FIFA record at an 8 goal difference
866: [21:37:24] <PapaBearNZ> antmas - yes. There have been several builds and flushes. Mutiform 0.3, Silverstripe 3.1.2 (JIRA ticket to upgrade to 3.1.5 is in the backlog.)
867: [21:37:24] <Ryan-Toast> There is literally going to be a riot.
868: [21:38:15] <antmas> PapaBearNZ: hmmm, I haven't used multiform before sorry :(
869: [21:38:36] <antmas> Ryan-Toast: yeah I'd say Colin won't be online today
870: [21:38:39] <PapaBearNZ> antmas: No problem.
871: [21:38:43] <antmas> trying to keep his mrs from losing it lol
872: [21:40:00] <zippy__> like nz losing to aus in the rugby world cup, 52-0
873: [21:40:10] <ss23> https://i.imgur.com/mjJaPQB.gif
874: [21:40:21] <ss23> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fraSdN-PG8
875: [21:40:22] <zippy__> he
876: [21:40:40] <Blacklite> lol
877: [21:40:50] <Blacklite> rugby scoring is a little different though
878: [21:41:01] <antmas> ss23: lol
879: [21:41:09] <Blacklite> i watched the hurricanes vs chiefs about 2 months ago
880: [21:41:13] <Blacklite> that was a hell of a slaughter
881: [21:41:20] <irogue__> was just saying in the office
882: [21:41:28] <irogue__> they should bring Merkel on to play in the last 5 minutes
883: [21:41:35] <irogue__> hell, she'd probably score a goal
884: [21:41:52] <Blacklite> they should get the crying boy from the crowd
885: [21:42:32] <antmas> Blacklite: LOL
886: [21:42:45] <antmas> that boys tears are what Germany drinks between goals
887: [21:43:20] <irogue__> "Oscar Pistorius has a better defence than Brazil"
888: [21:43:30] <ss23> Wait...
889: [21:43:33] <ss23> Brazil can come back!
890: [21:43:38] <ss23> Isn't it like ~7 points for a touchdown?!
891: [21:43:57] <antmas> ss23: only if it's a knockout punch
892: [21:43:58] <Blacklite> if they get the conversion
893: [21:44:23] <zippy__> if it's kicked from over half way
894: [21:44:30] <muskie9> PapaBearNZ can you upgrade ur module to 0.4? I'm running that I think and haven't had any issues with 3.1.x
895: [21:45:18] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
896: [21:45:39] <zippy__> jeapers
897: [21:46:00] <zippy__> woo
898: [21:46:03] <Ryan-Toast> Wow, what a game one.
899: [21:46:09] <Ryan-Toast> That shit was tense.
900: [21:46:22] <irogue__> wow, harsh commentary
901: [21:46:25] <zippy__> lol
902: [21:46:44] <Ryan-Toast> Oh, are we talking about football stiol?
903: [21:46:55] <irogue__> "the brazilian throats were slit long ago"
904: [21:47:06] <zippy__> ah well, they got 1 now
905: [21:47:42] * r3v3rb quit (Quit: r3v3rb)
906: [21:47:45] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
907: [21:49:01] <irogue__> uh-oh
908: [21:49:20] * Ryan-Toast grabs popcorn
909: [21:49:42] <antmas> riot in 3...2...
910: [21:50:01] <antmas> Colin[pi]: ...
911: [21:50:07] <antmas> Colin[pi]: how's she holding up? ;)
912: [21:50:49] <ss23> haha
913: [21:50:51] <ss23> Good point, antmas
914: [21:51:01] <ss23> Colin[pi]: You know what you should do? Buy some German beer for tonight
915: [21:51:01] <ss23> :3
916: [21:51:46] <muskie9> German fans told to stay in their seats so they can be escorted out... to ensure their safety...
917: [21:52:12] <irogue__> to blatantly steal from ss23, https://i.imgur.com/mjJaPQB.gif
918: [21:54:17] <Ryan-Toast> muskie9:I know that’s a joke, but could also be legit, haha
919: [21:54:50] <muskie9> Ryan-Toast, for sure
920: [21:56:27] <zippy__> https://twitter.com/Kismet97/status/486621364049031168/photo/1
921: [22:03:12] <antmas> yay photoshop day
922: [22:07:52] * ccburns has left #silverstripe
923: [22:07:53] <micmania1> ss23: got my visa today :D
924: [22:08:15] <irogue__> micmania1: for?
925: [22:08:21] <micmania1> NZ
926: [22:08:30] <irogue__> oh sweet
927: [22:08:53] <micmania1> Just waiting on confirmation of a start date now, but its looking like the end of this month
928: [22:09:18] <ss23> micmania1: I heard
929: [22:09:19] <ss23> :D
930: [22:09:22] <ss23> Good work!
931: [22:09:45] * gelignite quit (Quit: http://bit.ly/nkczDT)
932: [22:09:56] <irogue__> micmania1: you coming to work for us?
933: [22:10:13] <micmania1> yep :D
934: [22:10:25] <micmania1> at WLG
935: [22:10:31] <Blacklite> welly ftw
936: [22:13:57] * muskie9 quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
937: [22:16:48] * willr has joined #silverstripe
938: [22:17:21] <ss23> WELLINGTON RULES
939: [22:17:29] <ss23> CANBERRA DROOLS
940: [22:17:34] <Kingy> unless it's windy and rainy
941: [22:17:39] <Kingy> which lets face it is often
942: [22:17:47] <antmas> Nelson FTW
943: [22:17:49] <ss23> lol
944: [22:17:51] * antmas plays banjo
945: [22:17:55] <ss23> antmas: What are you, an old lady?!
946: [22:17:55] <ss23> :P
947: [22:18:04] <antmas> XD
948: [22:22:06] <irogue__> Kingy: except right now auckland is in wellington mode
949: [22:22:15] <irogue__> CJ must've brought it with her
950: [22:22:20] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
951: [22:22:47] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
952: [22:22:59] <irogue__> micmania1: good stuff
953: [22:23:20] <irogue__> micmania1: shouldve come here tho, there's a spare desk next to me :P
954: [22:24:15] <ss23> WE HAVE SPARE DESKS
955: [22:24:23] <ss23> This one is actually specifically put aside for you, micmania1
956: [22:24:24] <ss23> :D
957: [22:25:18] <irogue__> what team is micmania1 joining?
958: [22:26:35] <ss23> mine
959: [22:26:41] <irogue__> how unfortunate
960: [22:26:42] <irogue__> :P
961: [22:26:42] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
962: [22:26:44] <ss23> lol
963: [22:26:46] <ss23> ouch
964: [22:26:57] <irogue__> micmania1: don't lick people
965: [22:28:07] * guci0 quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
966: [22:30:13] * Pylmzak quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
967: [22:34:31] <antmas> if you have no conflicts, is it ok to have all your custom scripts in a single js file?
968: [22:34:37] <antmas> say, that a masterpage calls?
969: [22:34:44] <antmas> or should I have multiples?
970: [22:35:28] <oddnoc> antmas: Usually, we have a core.js with all the common code. Then if a page type needs custom code, that goes in a separate file.
971: [22:36:06] <antmas> oddnoc: ok cool, I should ok with a single file for now
972: [22:36:26] <ss23> Just remember it's overhead for every page in the site, that's why you put all the common stuff in one file not others
973: [22:36:30] <ss23> so if it's only homepage etc, it's bad to do
974: [22:36:43] <oddnoc> yup
975: [22:43:01] <antmas> ss23: good point
976: [22:43:04] <antmas> noted
977: [22:43:20] <antmas> ooooh 2K humble bundle
978: [22:47:32] * novaweb has joined #silverstripe
979: [22:50:05] <Kingy> ohh really
980: [22:53:13] * micmania1 quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
981: [22:55:55] <ss23> 2k? Pretty expensive, most of them are just pay however much you want
982: [22:55:55] <Ryan-Toast> I own all the games ><
983: [22:56:53] <Kingy> lol ss23
984: [22:57:04] <antmas> :P
985: [22:57:10] <antmas> I don't have the xcom games
986: [22:57:27] <Colin[pi]> well that game sucked
987: [22:57:37] <Ryan-Toast> I liked Xcom
988: [22:57:46] * novaweb quit (Quit: novaweb)
989: [22:57:47] <Colin[pi]> no, brasil v germany
990: [22:57:53] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
991: [22:58:06] <Colin[pi]> antmas ss23: she gave up at half time and started cheering for Germany
992: [22:58:38] <antmas> Colin[pi]: lol turncoat!
993: [22:59:42] <Colin[pi]> 4 goals in 6 minutes... that was just brutal
994: [22:59:52] <Colin[pi]> total psychological defeat
995: [23:00:16] <Colin[pi]> after that it was just kinda funny
996: [23:00:18] <antmas> Germany are a MUCH better team
997: [23:00:25] <Colin[pi]> oh for sure
998: [23:00:32] <simon_w|work> s/much better //
999: [23:00:37] <Colin[pi]> everyone expects Brasil to be like the selecao of old
1000: [23:00:38] <Colin[pi]> they arent
1001: [23:00:47] <simon_w|work> Brazil's a bunch of individuals
1002: [23:00:54] <Colin[pi]> and without Neymar and T.Silva they were screwed
1003: [23:01:00] <Colin[pi]> but I didnt think THAT badly
1004: [23:01:01] <Kingy> Silva would've made a difference though
1005: [23:01:26] <Kingy> some proper defending + leadership would've meant probably a 2-0 defeat
1006: [23:03:19] <simon_w|work> I'm a little sad I only got out of bed in time to see Brazil's goal
1007: [23:03:57] <Colin[pi]> lol.. first half was just a slaughter
1008: [23:04:21] <Colin[pi]> a lot of brazilians crying, but apprarently more were just like "WTF??"
1009: [23:05:57] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1010: [23:05:57] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2838 (3.1 - eed2293 : Hamish Friedlander): The build passed.
1011: [23:05:57] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/50214abf7f1a...eed2293f313c
1012: [23:05:57] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/29460149
1013: [23:05:57] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1014: [23:18:16] <antmas> ah blocked nose is such BS
1015: [23:18:23] <simon_w|work> Amputate
1016: [23:18:23] <antmas> I can't taste anything!
1017: [23:18:25] <antmas> ;__;
1018: [23:19:09] <zippy__> blocked nose aint to bad… it's the running nose that wont quit, and the tickle in the throat with coughs that wont stop :(
1019: [23:19:26] <simon_w|work> My solution works here too :p
1020: [23:19:27] <antmas> zippy__: I have that :(
1021: [23:19:30] <antmas> the cough anyway
1022: [23:19:42] <antmas> I should be at home right guys?
1023: [23:19:45] <antmas> right?
1024: [23:19:57] <zippy__> yeap, zippy gives you permission
1025: [23:20:56] <antmas> can't really do it as lots of people here are sick and still at work :/
1026: [23:21:04] <antmas> don't want to be 'that guy'
1027: [23:21:13] <Colin[pi]> antmas: there used to be some nose drops I used that would open it up in an instant... got a bit uncomfortable seeing it contains mercury though
1028: [23:22:20] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
1029: [23:22:33] <antmas> Colin[pi]: mercury is fine in small doses :P
1030: [23:22:45] <antmas> but yeah I should get one of those sniffer things
1031: [23:23:38] <Colin[pi]> I think it was Drixine, worked like magic
1032: [23:23:47] <Colin[pi]> just SCHHWOOP, nose OPEN FOR BUSINESS
1033: [23:26:05] <Colin[pi]> so simon_w|work, roadtrip?
1034: [23:26:44] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
1035: [23:26:45] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], works for me
1036: [23:26:49] <simon_w|work> I can chip in for petrol
1037: [23:27:03] <simon_w|work> Can't actually do the driving though :p
1038: [23:28:15] <Colin[pi]> haha Catia said "oh that's good, simon can help with the driving" and I replied "no I don't think he can actually" ;D
1039: [23:28:24] <Colin[pi]> but that's no problem :)
1040: [23:28:46] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1041: [23:29:15] <simon_w|work> I can help us go the wrong way when the buildings get in the way of the GPS! :p
1042: [23:29:21] <Colin[pi]> lol
1043: [23:29:29] <Colin[pi]> u wanna go up on the arvo on thurs?
1044: [23:29:44] <Colin[pi]> depends on what time shane picks I guess
1045: [23:30:19] <simon_w|work> Yeah, and would be nice to get some BurgerFuel in ;)
1046: [23:30:29] <Colin[pi]> where are they at?
1047: [23:30:36] <simon_w|work> Newtown
1048: [23:30:49] <Colin[pi]> yeah we could swing past there, it's totally shit for driving though
1049: [23:31:05] <simon_w|work> Yeah, we bussed to it when we were in Sydney
1050: [23:31:28] <antmas> Colin[pi]: simon_w|work what day is this for?
1051: [23:31:31] <Colin[pi]> I was considering flying but not really worth it for an overnighther
1052: [23:31:33] <Colin[pi]> *er
1053: [23:31:42] <Colin[pi]> antmas: SS AU meetup next thurs apparently
1054: [23:31:51] <Colin[pi]> in Sydney
1055: [23:32:16] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: My MacBook Pro has gone to sleep. ZZZzzz…)
1056: [23:32:31] <Colin[pi]> antmas: u coming?
1057: [23:32:33] <Colin[pi]> ;D
1058: [23:32:40] <antmas> Colin[pi]: oh I thought this was for welli at the end of the month
1059: [23:32:59] <simon_w|work> antmas, bit hard to roadtrip there ;)
1060: [23:33:13] <Colin[pi]> go go gadget propeller
1061: [23:34:07] <simon_w|work> irogue_ should come though! Would take him about as long to get there as it would for us
1062: [23:34:26] <simon_w|work> The route would be about as scenic too
1063: [23:35:27] <irogue__> haha
1064: [23:36:11] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: going back the next day I guess?
1065: [23:36:31] <simon_w|work> Colin[pi], makes sense to
1066: [23:36:58] <Colin[pi]> mm I'd like to stay longer but prolly cant
1067: [23:37:18] <simon_w|work> Want to get away from the cold? :p
1068: [23:38:09] <simon_w|work> If you give me a couple of days warning, I can get myself back on the Friday
1069: [23:38:13] <irogue__> [11:29:16] <@simon_w|work> I can help us go the wrong way when the buildings get in the way of the GPS! :p
1070: [23:38:16] <irogue__> ugh, Google Maps
1071: [23:38:18] * DesignerX has joined #silverstripe
1072: [23:38:19] <irogue__> so damn bad at GPS
1073: [23:38:37] <simon_w|work> irogue__, Sydney CBD. So good at blocking GPS
1074: [23:38:53] <simon_w|work> Was a block behind, so missed our turn and went over the harbour bridge instead
1075: [23:39:08] <Colin[pi]> sydney is unforgiving if you miss a turn or exit
1076: [23:39:27] <Colin[pi]> it's like "oh you missed your exit? HAHA SEE YOU IN 45 MINUTES DICKHEAD"
1077: [23:39:29] <irogue__> much like auckland
1078: [23:39:56] <Colin[pi]> whereas ppl give Canberra shit for roundabouts, but they make it super easy to loop back
1079: [23:40:06] <irogue__> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq0luqevh6ay8sf/Screenshot%202014-07-09%2011.39.41.png
1080: [23:40:19] <simon_w|work> Though it's a bit harder to loopback if you miss your exit on the parkway
1081: [23:41:00] <irogue__> for the non-Aucklanders, Grafton Bridge is buses only, and automatically tickets you if you drive a non-bus over it
1082: [23:41:04] <Colin[pi]> simon_w|work: mm true
1083: [23:41:11] <irogue__> luckily I knew that and knew to ignore google maps
1084: [23:41:45] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: v1 finals is in game 3
1085: [23:41:53] <Ryan-Toast> 1v1*
1086: [23:41:58] <simon_w|work> irogue__, try Apple Maps. Is sourced from TomTom, so is a lot more likely to be accurate outside the US
1087: [23:42:12] <irogue__> simon_w|work: hard to do on an Android, unfortunately :P
1088: [23:42:21] <simon_w|work> irogue__, get a better phone then :p
1089: [23:42:51] <irogue__> I'll just buy a TomTom anyway, I've found them to be by far the most accurate in NZ, and I prefer standalone GPS anyway
1090: [23:43:27] <antmas> I've found google navigate to be super accurate
1091: [23:44:13] * muskie9 quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
1092: [23:45:41] <Colin[pi]> I use apple maps most of the time now, it's nav is not too bad, but the search is totally shit
1093: [23:45:54] <Colin[pi]> I need to pretty much find the address of something on google, then plug it in
1094: [23:46:13] <simon_w|work> irogue__, can confirm Apple Maps doesn't send a car over Grafton Bridge
1095: [23:46:30] <irogue__> antmas: probably depends how complex of an area you're navigating
1096: [23:46:42] <irogue__> it doesn't seem to comprehend no-right-turn intersections nor bus-only roads
1097: [23:47:20] <irogue__> it also doesn't do lane guidance which makes driving in Auckland difficult
1098: [23:47:39] <irogue__> whereas TomTom is all like "turn left and get into the 3rd lane when possible"
1099: [23:47:51] <Stomach> Ryan-Toast, whatcha mean its in game 3?
1100: [23:47:57] <Stomach> are there vods for this stuff
1101: [23:49:09] <irogue__> https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Hobson+St/@-36.8538568,174.7585343,48m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d0d47f0292c10d5:0x4089549fa17dea9c <-- a good example of a place where Lane Guidance is necessary
1102: [23:49:51] <irogue__> two of the straight-ahead lanes will put you onto the motorway heading south, two will put you onto the motorway heading west
1103: [23:51:01] <irogue__> and if you didn't want to go onto the motorway, and find yourself on any of those 4 lanes rather than the outside 2, glhf
1104: [23:51:34] <simon_w|work> Eh, it's Auckland. You can just cut across all 6 lanes!
1105: [23:51:56] <irogue__> lol
1106: [23:52:39] <irogue__> tbh, in NZ, worst place I've ever found for driving is actually Tauranga
1107: [23:53:04] <irogue__> Auckland is fine once you realise that it has its own "rules" that differ from the country's :P
1108: [23:53:14] <antmas> irogue__: yeah I don't think navigate has that kind of detail
1109: [23:53:18] <simon_w|work> Or, any city when it rains
1110: [23:53:20] <antmas> tomtoms are really damn good
1111: [23:53:45] <irogue__> when my tomtom got stolen, mum bought me a navman
1112: [23:53:47] <irogue__> oh god so bad
1113: [23:54:55] <irogue__> no lane guidance, $100 each time for map updates, can't pronounce any NZ names in the slightest
1114: [23:55:16] <ss23> woah, irogue__!
1115: [23:55:19] <ss23> That junction looks crazy
1116: [23:55:20] <ss23> like
1117: [23:55:26] <ss23> sphagetthi or something!
1118: [23:55:30] <irogue__> hahaha
1119: [23:55:40] <Stomach> thats pretty standard up here...
1120: [23:56:14] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
1121: [23:56:18] <antmas> nelson roads are so tame
1122: [23:56:21] <irogue__> ss23: i hope you mean this one ;) https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Hobson+St/@-36.8608248,174.7573727,534m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d0d47f0292c10d5:0x4089549fa17dea9c
1123: [23:56:26] <antmas> it's the drivers are absolutely shithouse
1124: [23:56:37] * novaweb has joined #silverstripe
1125: [23:57:01] <irogue__> yeah, thats how it is in Tauranga too
1126: [23:57:03] <ss23> Man, fuck roads
1127: [23:57:09] <ss23> Trains are just so much better
1128: [23:57:15] <irogue__> i lived there for like a year and don't think I ever saw anyone indicate on a roundabout
1129: [23:57:21] <irogue__> ss23: amen
1130: [23:57:36] <irogue__> they need to hurry up and get the EMUs on my line though
1131: [23:58:08] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: the finals was Bo3
1132: [23:58:23] <Colin[pi]> ss23: we should all be travelling in tubes
1133: [23:58:29] * muskie9 has joined #silverstripe
1134: [23:58:40] <simon_w|work> Train is how I'll be getting home if Colin[pi] wants to stay on in Sydney
1135: [23:58:41] <irogue__> my line's using carriages pulled by freight locos, cos the old DMUs are too slow (that line is shared with freight trains)
1136: [23:58:54] <ss23> A+
1137: [23:58:56] <ss23> Or...
1138: [23:58:57] <ss23> Loops
1139: [23:58:58] <ss23> HYPERLOOPS
1140: [23:59:24] <antmas> trains are great until everyone is using them
1141: [23:59:53] <simon_w|work> antmas, then you make the trains bigger!

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.