#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 3 March 2014

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:02:00] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
2: [00:06:43] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
3: [00:08:36] * SphereSilverNL quit (Remote host closed the connection)
4: [00:15:00] * robert_ quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
5: [00:32:47] <ss23> lol, this page in the CMS has <title>Silverstripe - SubsiteXHRController"
6: [00:33:02] <ss23> Say it, We Love JavaScript!
7: [00:33:28] <simon_w> Or, we don't know how to build controllers without attaching pages!
8: [00:44:06] <ss23> Ah, that amazing feeling when you think "Crap, this is going to take double what I thoguht it would", then remember you quoted triple what you thought it would, so you're totally safe :D
9: [00:47:50] <simon_w> That reminds me. I need to get my suitcase repaired then bill 1-day for it
10: [00:48:27] <ss23> rofl https://twitter.com/AmarieAlice/status/440222193122033664
11: [00:48:33] <ss23> this is going to make so many people rage
12: [00:49:18] <Ryan-Toast> ss23: so dumb.
13: [00:50:19] <simon_w> Well, if SilverStripe's anything to go by :p
14: [00:50:38] <ss23> lol
15: [00:50:40] <ss23> so mean!
16: [00:50:46] <ss23> I blame the core contributors, simon_w :3
17: [00:51:39] <simon_w> I blame the DIA for not picking Drupal! :p
18: [00:52:02] <ss23> OH
19: [00:52:04] <ss23> NO YOU DIDN'T
20: [00:52:26] <simon_w> You forgot the finger snaps
21: [00:52:32] <ss23> I did them IRL
22: [00:52:41] <ss23> I'm surprised you couldn't hear them from PR, they were loud and sassy.
23: [00:57:30] <Stomach> silverstripe has sass.
24: [00:57:36] <Stomach> ba
25: [00:57:46] <ss23> We talking SASS, or sass?
26: [01:00:42] <Zauberfisch> ss23: ?
27: [01:00:55] <Zauberfisch> dies SASS mean something different than sass?
28: [01:00:58] <Zauberfisch> *does
29: [01:01:02] <Zauberfisch> also. good morning
30: [01:01:10] <simon_w> Maybe Zauberfisch is sassy enough
31: [01:01:29] <ss23> XD
32: [01:01:37] <ss23> sass is what black woman give you, Zauberfisch
33: [01:01:37] <Ryan-Toast> Zauberfisch: Narp
34: [01:01:41] <ss23> SASS is what front-enders give you
35: [01:01:41] <ss23> :P
36: [01:02:52] <Ryan-Toast> :P
37: [01:02:59] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
38: [01:03:09] <ss23> Unless you talk shit about JS, then they'll give you both kinds
39: [01:03:12] <ss23> (the front-enders will)
40: [01:03:27] <Zauberfisch> I still don't get it
41: [01:03:32] <Ryan-Toast> I try not to use JS as much as possible.
42: [01:04:04] <Ryan-Toast> sass: noun - impudence; cheek.
43: [01:04:15] <Ryan-Toast> SASS: Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets
44: [01:04:57] <Ryan-Toast> SCSS: Sassy CSS
45: [01:04:58] <Stomach> Ryan-Toast - I've started trying to get jquery out of my code
46: [01:05:11] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: http://youmightnotneedjquery.com/
47: [01:05:27] <Zauberfisch> ah, I see, sass is an actual word
48: [01:05:30] <ss23> Zauberfisch: "sass" is an acnroynm for CSS stuff, and also it's an English word meaning "cheek" etc
49: [01:05:33] <ss23> yeah
50: [01:05:35] <ss23> lol
51: [01:05:40] <ss23> "cheek" is a bad synonym
52: [01:05:55] <Stomach> Ryan-Toast: lol, it should say "you don't need jquery"
53: [01:06:14] <Ryan-Toast> Stomach: Depends on your time frame :P
54: [01:06:14] <ss23> Technically you don't need HTML5 either, but I aint doing shit in C#
55: [01:06:40] <Stomach> haha
56: [01:06:41] <Ryan-Toast> I like using jQuery for ajax, because easy.
57: [01:06:44] <Stomach> yes that is too
58: [01:06:46] <Stomach> true*
59: [01:07:13] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
60: [01:09:48] <Ryan-Toast> Nothing wrong with a bit of jQuery here and there. I mean, how else am I supposed to do math without the jQuery addition, and subtraction plugin?
61: [01:09:48] * wracu quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
62: [01:18:50] <Stomach> is there a way to override which file is used as typography.css in the editor?
63: [01:21:42] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: that normalize you use to reset, does nothing with -webkit-margin-* items...
64: [01:23:52] <zippy__> I've had to drop in a whole reset for padding and margin - as it was just being to freaky for me
65: [01:27:13] <ss23> Stomach: I doubt it
66: [01:28:16] <Stomach> yeah I can't even find out where its pulled in, must be some tinymce setting somewhere
67: [01:29:21] <ss23> I think it's default tinymce stuff
68: [01:29:22] <ss23> so not SS
69: [01:30:04] <Stomach> I haven't used one for ages - its just themes/<theme>/css/typography.css and editor.css right?
70: [01:30:19] <ss23> yeah, iirc
71: [01:30:43] <Stomach> wheres that link to the theme thats been flying around in here for 3 weeks :D
72: [01:32:34] * iamss has joined #silverstripe
73: [01:33:07] <iamss> hello SS, how do I add custom objects to a DataList
74: [01:34:28] <iamss> the equivalent for 2.4 is $objecset = new DataObjectSet(); and then push with new ArrayData
75: [01:34:34] <simon_w> You can't. Use an ArrayList instead
76: [01:34:56] <iamss> how is it done is SS 3.1 please
77: [01:35:18] <simon_w> With an ArrayList
78: [01:36:28] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: Strange.
79: [01:36:40] <Ryan-Toast> you shouldn't have to do that.
80: [01:37:40] <simon_w> Stomach, it uses editor.css, not typography.css
81: [01:38:27] <iamss> aha! thanks @simon_w
82: [01:38:57] <simon_w> Ryan-Toast, http://youmightnotneedjquery.com/#request easy and doesn't require a fucktonne of JS :p
83: [01:39:54] <guzzlefry> Was it <= IE8 that had it's own AJAX object?
84: [01:40:18] <simon_w> Stomach, also, the content_css value on HTMLEditorConfig
85: [01:40:35] <Ryan-Toast> simon_w: A basic query is fine, but doing all the beforeSend, dataFilters; jsonpCallback is annoying to do in plain JS :P
86: [01:41:01] <simon_w> guzzlefry, <IE8. IE8 has XHR
87: [01:41:59] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
88: [01:42:43] * iamss quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
89: [01:46:03] <Stomach> yeah I found that content_css
90: [01:46:14] <Stomach> but didn't know typography.css was dead
91: [01:50:24] <simon_w> Stomach, frontend uses it
92: [01:50:36] <simon_w> TinyMCE's always gone for editor.css
93: [01:56:55] <Stomach> ah okay
94: [01:57:08] <Stomach> we mostly kill requirements for front end :P
95: [02:14:31] <Zauberfisch> simon_w: just reading your blog article
96: [02:14:39] <Zauberfisch> where you talk about partial caching
97: [02:15:22] <Zauberfisch> you speak of "HTTP queries", could it be that you actually meant db queries?
98: [02:17:19] <simon_w> That was Cam's edit
99: [02:17:35] <simon_w> "For the marketing side of the site (the stuff you see on https://pocketrent.com/), the content seldom updates. Yet just loading that page takes a massive 63 queries. This is a prime use case for [partial caching](http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/reference/partial-caching)."
100: [02:17:43] <simon_w> That was what I wrote
101: [02:18:11] <Zauberfisch> I see
102: [02:18:36] <simon_w> ss23, GET CAM TO FIX IT
103: [02:18:42] <simon_w> ss23, or fix it yourself
104: [02:18:47] <ss23> um
105: [02:18:54] <ss23> he's not here, I can do it
106: [02:18:56] <ss23> link to article?
107: [02:19:02] <simon_w> http://www.silverstripe.org/improving-silverstripe-performance/
108: [02:19:09] <ss23> goddam it, no nested URLs
109: [02:19:09] <ss23> :/
110: [02:19:11] <Zauberfisch> he also sort of broke the meaning by removing the link to pocket
111: [02:19:12] <ss23> This is horrible to find
112: [02:19:17] <simon_w> ss23, under blog
113: [02:19:23] <ss23> oh handy
114: [02:19:27] <ss23> why can't you fix it if you know where it is?!:
115: [02:20:20] <simon_w> ss23, page id 1537
116: [02:20:25] <simon_w> cause I don't have CMS access
117: [02:20:44] <ss23> lol
118: [02:20:45] <ss23> yeah, I got it
119: [02:20:47] <ss23> what do you want it to say?
120: [02:20:59] <simon_w> just get rid of HTTP
121: [02:21:16] <ss23> yeah
122: [02:21:18] <ss23> this sounds silly
123: [02:21:41] <ss23> Want me to change it to "database queries"?
124: [02:21:45] <ss23> Otherwise it's still a little mabigious
125: [02:21:54] <ss23> Just this simple two line addition dropped the number of queries needed to render the home page of one of my websites from 63 down to 8 requests.
126: [02:22:00] <ss23> s/requests/database queries/?
127: [02:22:07] <ss23> Why did he rewrite this to say HTTP queries?
128: [02:22:12] <simon_w> I don't know
129: [02:22:28] <simon_w> Drop requests from that bit
130: [02:22:48] <ss23> "... from 63 down to 8."?
131: [02:22:52] <simon_w> yes
132: [02:22:54] <Zauberfisch> he probably wanted to clarify for users that did not know partial chaching
133: [02:22:58] <ss23> yep yep
134: [02:22:59] <ss23> kk
135: [02:23:01] <ss23> I have updated now
136: [02:23:03] <ss23> will publish
137: [02:23:05] <Zauberfisch> unfortunately he put in the wrong one
138: [02:23:13] <simon_w> Thanks
139: [02:23:19] <Zauberfisch> ss23: perhaps you could change it to DB queries?
140: [02:23:33] <ss23> Check now, it's saved :)
141: [02:23:57] <simon_w> Zauberfisch, he has
142: [02:25:15] <Zauberfisch> otherwise, good article
143: [02:26:22] <ss23> I don't see cam around, but I'll let him know I changed it at some point if I do
144: [02:26:27] <ss23> (If I do see him, that is)
145: [02:26:55] <ss23> oh god
146: [02:26:58] <ss23> made change on puppet
147: [02:27:01] <ss23> I see 5 more boxes are failing now
148: [02:27:02] <ss23> ;___;
149: [02:27:04] <ss23> PLEASE NOT BE A CHANGE I MADE
150: [02:27:05] * ss23 cries
151: [02:27:16] <ss23> the change I made was to the router, so if it broke it.... uguuuuuu
152: [02:27:54] <simon_w> That's what you get for writing ruby!
153: [02:27:58] <guzzlefry> ewww
154: [02:28:00] <guzzlefry> bro
155: [02:28:02] <ss23> BUT I JUST USED THE GUI
156: [02:28:03] <ss23> :)
157: [02:28:04] <ss23> :(
158: [02:28:06] <guzzlefry> I thought we were going schema?
159: [02:28:10] <guzzlefry> </3
160: [02:28:44] * guzzlefry notes that SchemaStripe has a bit of a ring to it.
161: [02:28:46] <ss23> holy shit puppet gui takes so long to load
162: [02:28:50] <ss23> e.g. 2 mins + for each request
163: [02:28:51] <ss23> so bullshit
164: [02:30:34] <ss23> Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not find node '...'; cannot compile
165: [02:30:37] <ss23> wtf is dis
166: [02:30:42] <ss23> oh god my phone just rang
167: [02:30:44] <ss23> BUT THEN IT STOPPED
168: [02:37:06] <ss23> bah, sminnee isn't even around
169: [02:37:09] <ss23> I will just... wait
170: [02:37:57] <pippy> i like seeing my name in the silverstripe frameworks github network column
171: [02:40:32] <ss23> lol
172: [02:43:56] <ss23> We have a dashboard here at work for builds and stuff
173: [02:44:05] <ss23> I'm not even on the list of top contributors
174: [02:44:06] <ss23> :(
175: [02:47:42] <ss23> k 21 failed servers
176: [02:49:51] <simon_w> https://files.app.net/2w8hpzHJi.png
177: [02:49:53] <simon_w> sucker!
178: [02:50:54] <ss23> lol
179: [02:51:00] <ss23> I'm just hoping this is intermitent...
180: [02:54:04] <ss23> 25 servers!
181: [02:54:15] <ss23> I should make sure to hit up Sam when he comes back
182: [03:13:43] <Ryan-Toast> Sigh, IE10-11 can't handle 0px heights.
183: [03:14:55] <unsignedint> it also cant handle 100% heights on divs enclosed in td's where the div content exceeds 100% of the height and overflow-y is set to scroll
184: [03:15:10] <unsignedint> well, at least its a million times better then it used to be
185: [03:15:29] <Ryan-Toast> At least with IE9 i knew where it fell over.
186: [03:15:40] <Ryan-Toast> IE10 has the most random fucking bugs
187: [03:16:07] <unsignedint> its shit aye
188: [03:16:22] <unsignedint> i try to be a good internet citizen and use browser-update.org script on all my sites
189: [03:16:22] <Ryan-Toast> fuck I hate them.
190: [03:16:31] <Ryan-Toast> I use browserhappy
191: [03:16:54] * zippy__ quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
192: [03:17:44] <unsignedint> what, you redirect IE users to browsehappy.com?
193: [03:17:52] <Ryan-Toast> Nah, I just have a banner
194: [03:17:59] <unsignedint> oh right
195: [03:18:08] <unsignedint> I was gonna say, thats pretty harsh
196: [03:18:13] <Ryan-Toast> lol
197: [03:18:23] <Ryan-Toast> y old portfolio used to dfo something like that.
198: [03:18:28] <Ryan-Toast> with a little abuse thrown in
199: [03:18:47] <unsignedint> I like how browser-update.org tells the user that their browser is out of date and they cant expect the site to work properly
200: [03:19:49] <unsignedint> Ryan-Toast: with a little abuse thrown in <-- haha "You're a parasite on the internet you IE-toting fuckhead. Click here to not be a wanker" or something like that?
201: [03:20:24] <Ryan-Toast> unsignedint: Something like that :P
202: [03:20:39] <Ryan-Toast> This is what I do at the moment: http://i.imgur.com/Hv65SxZ.jpg
203: [03:21:07] <unsignedint> Really? you recommend chrome frame? I thought they stopped developing that
204: [03:21:32] <Ryan-Toast> It's still good for people who can't actually update their browsers.
205: [03:22:12] <Zauberfisch> still, does anybody use that anyway?
206: [03:22:29] <Ryan-Toast> Shrug.
207: [03:22:34] * nickmolhoek quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
208: [03:22:37] <unsignedint> Those people are just lazy fucks. Even in a place where corporate IT is too lazy to upgrade IE, people can still install a real browser or run portable versions
209: [03:22:38] <Zauberfisch> I have never ever seen anyone use that thing
210: [03:22:42] <Ryan-Toast> People I care about != IE users
211: [03:23:39] <Ryan-Toast> "Please update your browser, or go headbutt a bullett."
212: [03:31:46] * robert_ has joined #silverstripe
213: [03:31:47] * robert_ quit (Changing host)
214: [03:31:47] * robert_ has joined #silverstripe
215: [03:37:43] <madmatt> unsignedint: They really cant. Enterprise IT == lock down all the things
216: [03:38:23] <unsignedint> yeah thats why you run Firefox Portable or something off a pendrive. or download it to your desktop and run it off there
217: [03:39:00] <simon_w> unsignedint, you haven't dealt with a locked down system, have you?
218: [03:39:15] <unsignedint> not one that I couldnt find workarounds for, no
219: [03:39:20] <simon_w> You can run arbitrary exe files != locked down
220: [03:40:13] <madmatt> unsignedint: No access to USB drives, no fileshare you can put a .exe on, no execute perms except for files controlled by IT and only readable by users, the list goes on
221: [03:40:36] <madmatt> Anything less and your users will no doubt download some shonky keygen and start sending all kinds of spam
222: [03:40:44] <unsignedint> I wonder how IT expects anyone to get any work done
223: [03:40:47] <madmatt> source: I was an enterprise IT Manager
224: [03:41:06] <simon_w> You don't need to be able to install stuff to do work
225: [03:41:08] <ss23> madmatt: My condolences.
226: [03:41:16] <madmatt> let's be honest here: entierprise IT is all about risk management
227: [03:41:30] <madmatt> also, it's often about being able to spell enterprise
228: [03:41:43] <simon_w> madmatt, autocorrect! :p
229: [03:42:16] <madmatt> simon_w: On irssi, screen, running on slow-as-poo EC2 instance? Doubtful :)
230: [03:42:25] <simon_w> madmatt, get a mac!
231: [03:42:39] <simon_w> You're not in enterprise any more, you can come back!
232: [03:42:48] <unsignedint> madmatt: was the .exe restrictions based on the filename? and was mstsc.exe restricted?
233: [03:43:11] <madmatt> unsignedint: Much as I would like to say it was different, it's not.
234: [03:43:35] <madmatt> unsignedint: Not on filename, on file signature. mstsc was only allowed for admins
235: [03:43:50] <unsignedint> right
236: [03:43:54] <madmatt> unsignedint: Also, only restricted to known hosts if it was external connections (on firewall level)
237: [03:44:07] <madmatt> I was nice and installed Firefox and made it the default for everyone though :)
238: [03:44:08] <unsignedint> what about the physical computer, was it possible to boot from CD or USB?
239: [03:44:16] * madmatt was a benevolent dictator
240: [03:44:26] <unsignedint> madmatt: you are a corporate IT god
241: [03:44:32] <unsignedint> err, were*
242: [03:44:37] <unsignedint> if you gave the users that option
243: [03:44:42] <simon_w> unsignedint, what about your job? Was it possible to get fired to attempting to bypass the IT security? :p
244: [03:45:01] <unsignedint> simon_w: if they want to fire me over that, I dont want to work there anyway
245: [03:45:09] <madmatt> unsignedint: No, it was network boot only (thin clients). When we switched to full on desktops, yes it was possible but only via BIOS password
246: [03:45:16] <Zauberfisch> unsignedint: booting from USB or CD might allow you to use the browser of your choice, but it does not fix the problem. because booting a portable OS means the user no longer has access to files and programs he is used to from his pc
247: [03:45:25] <unsignedint> I fucking HATE people who put arbitrary restrictions on my computer
248: [03:45:30] <unsignedint> oh right, BIOS password
249: [03:45:40] <howardgrigg> I found making friends in the IT department helps :)
250: [03:45:40] <madmatt> Oh I do too, but that's not really the point.
251: [03:45:44] <madmatt> We're the exception, not the rule
252: [03:45:51] <unsignedint> no hope to boot into linux, dump windows password cache, and start trying to crack them to obtain the admin password
253: [03:46:14] <madmatt> The 99% of people who work for a company who have NFI about the internet, and just use it for Facebook and occasionally work, will click on anything (seriously, anything) that comes into their inbox
254: [03:47:23] <unsignedint> actually im intrigued as to why you switched from thin clients to full on desktops, isnt centralised management far easier?
255: [03:47:27] <ss23> Oh what's this, 5pm?
256: [03:47:32] <unsignedint> not yet!
257: [03:47:36] <ss23> Must be time to have a site handed to me with a "Must work before tomorrow"!
258: [03:47:37] <madmatt> unsignedint: I could think of a lot of ways around the protections I put in place (it was only a small company, only 1 AD server etc.) but the goal wasn't to prevent an I.T. person from breaking the sandbox, it was to prevent a standard user from doing bad stuff (or more explicitly, a rogue program that a stnadrd user downloaded)
259: [03:47:50] <unsignedint> fair enough
260: [03:48:03] <ss23> madmatt is typing really loudly right now and looks like he's about to rage IRL, he takes this issue very seriously
261: [03:48:10] <madmatt> unsignedint: Thin clients are shit when your company is getting smaller
262: [03:48:17] <madmatt> ss23: My keyboard will die soon, go get me a new one
263: [03:48:21] <ss23> XD
264: [03:48:27] <ss23> I have a cheap Dell one, want it? :D
265: [03:48:40] <madmatt> <3 dell keyboards
266: [03:48:43] <simon_w> madmatt, just use ss23 to pad your keyboard
267: [03:48:52] <madmatt> also, I'm typing all this while behat tests run... *zzz*
268: [03:48:57] <ss23> lol
269: [03:49:08] <ss23> I wasn't kidding about the 5pm "make this site work by tomorrow" btw
270: [03:49:10] <ss23> this is srsly lame
271: [03:49:19] <unsignedint> not many IT managers see the light and become programmers, most of them are happy clicking 'next next next finish'
272: [03:49:20] <ss23> And I have a 10am meeting tomorrow so I can't even use this as an excuse to sleep in :(
273: [03:49:25] <madmatt> ss23: I'd help, but y'know, no longer in enterprise IT lololol
274: [03:49:30] <ss23> lol :P
275: [03:49:41] <simon_w> ss23, I'd help, but it's home time :p
276: [03:49:50] <ss23> YEAH, IT IS
277: [03:49:50] <ss23> :(
278: [03:49:52] <madmatt> unsignedint: I was a programmer, hired into the company as a programmer, became a manager, left :)
279: [03:50:04] <unsignedint> madmatt: oh right. fair enough then
280: [03:50:17] <simon_w> unsignedint, madmatt is responsible for a large chunk of the SS code base written by a drunk person
281: [03:50:34] <madmatt> unsignedint: Thin clients were great, but we had issues with the Citrix servers we had to use. $20k/quarter is a lot of cash to drop on server infrastructure when you only have 40 staff
282: [03:50:34] <unsignedint> everything is falling into place now
283: [03:51:24] <unsignedint> fair enough
284: [03:51:46] <unsignedint> doesnt Microsoft natively provide most of the services now that Citrix provides?
285: [03:51:51] <madmatt> unsignedint: $50k one-off is way better than $80k/year
286: [03:52:29] <unsignedint> or rather, does Citrix have any benefits nowadays over Microsoft Terminal Services
287: [03:55:56] <madmatt> uhm, not really sure TBH
288: [03:56:27] <madmatt> I think they have benefits for large-scale deployments (e.g. multi-region companies) who need data center failover for their thin clients for example
289: [03:57:07] <madmatt> but we never investigated the MS solutions when we were looking at upgrading
290: [03:57:27] <unsignedint> yeah I suppose it makes sense to stick with what you know works
291: [03:57:28] <madmatt> so I'm not really sure. I know that MS and Citrix were paterning left/right/centre, so I wouldn't be surprised
292: [03:58:34] <madmatt> s/paterning/partnering
293: [03:58:52] <ss23> 16:58:21 < midorikawa|craptop> I like fedora. it goes the extra 1%
294: [03:58:52] <ss23> 16:58:23 < midorikawa|craptop> (3/3): rpmfusion-free-updates/19/x86_64/primary_db 101% [=================================================] 153 kB/s | 11 MB --:--:-- ETA
295: [03:59:06] <guzzlefry> haha
296: [03:59:19] <guzzlefry> that was funnier than it should have been
297: [04:03:12] <madmatt> unsignedint: FWIW, the company I was working for now uses MS SBS2011, which includes RDS as an out-of-the-box feature, and remote web access / vpn access as well
298: [04:03:26] <madmatt> That stuff all works really nicely
299: [04:03:29] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
300: [04:03:47] <madmatt> For larger companies you buy all the bits separately, but it works the same *shrug*
301: [04:09:11] <guzzlefry> SBS?
302: [04:18:08] <madmatt> Small Business Server
303: [04:18:26] <ss23> Just use 100% Lunix!
304: [04:18:28] <ss23> Fixes all bugs
305: [04:18:28] <madmatt> http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/products/servers/pages/sbs_overview.aspx#fbid=RU8MmUFz51L
306: [04:18:29] <ss23> ^.^
307: [04:19:24] <ss23> What the fuck webserver, 6 seconds for a 304 not modified reponse
308: [04:19:28] <ss23> there has to be something broken here
309: [04:19:28] <ss23> :/
310: [04:20:48] <madmatt> The only thing that's broken is your expectation about how long a 302 should take to respond
311: [04:21:38] <ss23> lol
312: [04:21:49] * ss23 adds 6 seconds of delay to all of madmatt's browsing
313: [04:21:54] <ss23> I have access to the router now, be careful
314: [04:21:54] <ss23> :D
315: [04:23:43] <madmatt> I do all my browsing on localhost anyway, no trouble m8
316: [04:25:06] <ss23> Reminds me to bring in my keylogger so I can deal with that too :D
317: [04:30:48] * gurubobnz quit (Remote host closed the connection)
318: [04:30:58] <guzzlefry> hax
319: [04:47:19] <madmatt> ss23: g'luck catching me with an unlocked laptop :D
320: [04:48:26] <ss23> I'll use snare's efi hax
321: [04:48:27] <ss23> o/
322: [04:50:15] <simon_w|air> ss23, lol, doesn't work
323: [04:50:27] * howardgrigg quit ()
324: [04:51:01] <ss23> So you said, but I'm still confused as to how it doesn't work
325: [04:51:24] <simon_w|air> It turns it off
326: [04:51:32] <ss23> "it"?
327: [04:51:57] <ss23> I mean, I was under the impression DMA was part of EFI
328: [04:52:06] <ss23> Like turning it off would mean reflashing with a custom EFI that had it disabled
329: [04:53:17] <simon_w|air> http://www.breaknenter.org/2012/02/adventures-with-daisy-in-thunderbolt-dma-land-hacking-macs-through-the-thunderbolt-interface/#Caveats
330: [04:53:36] * cloph_away quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
331: [04:55:03] <ss23> Yeah
332: [04:55:07] <ss23> But idk how it's done :P
333: [04:56:00] <simon_w|air> You tell the PCI controller to not accept DMA requests
334: [04:56:17] <ss23> Wouldn't that rape your IO performance then?
335: [04:56:27] <ss23> like, DMA exists for a reason?
336: [04:56:36] <simon_w|air> No?
337: [04:56:49] <ss23> No what? Like, DMA isn't used or what?
338: [04:57:05] <ss23> If DMA isn't used by the OS, why is it even on at all? And if it is used, then there are effects when it's off, right?
339: [04:57:46] <simon_w|air> Why would DMA be used for IO?
340: [04:58:03] <ss23> To do any kind of transfers without hitting CPU?
341: [04:58:07] <ss23> Isn't that what DMA is for?
342: [04:58:16] <simon_w|air> That's for memory copying
343: [04:58:23] <ss23> This feature is useful any time the CPU cannot keep up with the rate of data transfer, or where the CPU needs to perform useful work while waiting for a relatively slow I/O data transfer.
344: [04:58:27] <ss23> etc
345: [04:59:17] <ss23> IO is literalyl what DMA is for, right?
346: [04:59:19] * bubaphex has joined #silverstripe
347: [04:59:57] * cloph_away has joined #silverstripe
348: [05:00:00] <simon_w|air> No, DMA is for memory access
349: [05:00:12] <ss23> Yes...
350: [05:00:21] <simon_w|air> You can do data transfer without sticking it in memory
351: [05:00:23] <ss23> To transfer files between HDD and Memory for example, without hitting CPU, right?
352: [05:00:52] <ss23> DMA can offload expensive memory operations, such as large copies or scatter-gather operations, from the CPU to a dedicated DMA engine. An implementation example is the I/O Acceleration Technology.
353: [05:00:56] <ss23> literally, this is what it is for?
354: [05:01:48] <simon_w|air> No, that's one use case and in that case you can allow internal components to still have DMA
355: [05:02:37] <ss23> That's the only use case in modern computers I'm aware of, hence me bringing it up
356: [05:02:50] <ss23> Not meaning to imply that's all it *is*, rather, that's what it's used for
357: [05:02:55] <ss23> 17:56:17 <+ss23> Wouldn't that rape your IO performance then?
358: [05:02:55] <ss23> etc
359: [05:03:13] <simon_w|air> Also, did you even read the thing I linked to?
360: [05:03:26] <ss23> Yes, and some of the things it linked to
361: [05:03:30] <ss23> I didn't read the guys entire paper
362: [05:03:50] <simon_w|air> "OS X Lion with FileVault enabled disables DMA when *the machine is locked*"
363: [05:04:04] <ss23> Ah, I see
364: [05:04:12] <ss23> So can easily just plug in and walk away then
365: [05:04:19] <ss23> So long story short, madmatt, HAH
366: [05:04:38] <simon_w|air> If you know it's going to be unlocked soon, just key logger
367: [05:04:44] <ss23> mm
368: [05:04:49] <simon_w|air> The entire DMA hack is pointless
369: [05:05:26] <ss23> sif
370: [05:06:04] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
371: [05:06:05] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2063 (3.1 - fb0d349 : Will Rossiter): The build passed.
372: [05:06:05] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/41cdacba0679...fb0d349cee8b
373: [05:06:05] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/19952025
374: [05:06:05] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
375: [05:06:08] <simon_w|air> It only works when unlocked, so I'm just going to stick this in and wait for it to be unlocked, then hope it can do its stuff before it gets locked again and can keep the changes there
376: [05:06:20] <simon_w|air> Or, It's going to get unlocked soon. I'll just stick in a key logger.
377: [05:07:18] * willr has joined #silverstripe
378: [05:07:29] <ss23> what about unlocked, so just pull encryption keys out of memory?
379: [05:07:44] <ss23> especially in case of limited time
380: [05:07:49] <ss23> 20 seconds while person walks away
381: [05:07:58] <ss23> plug in device, wait 5 seconds, pull it out, and now you have their keys
382: [05:08:04] <ss23> next time they leave it alone, you can get everything
383: [05:08:06] <ss23> copying files takes time
384: [05:11:37] * willr quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
385: [05:12:38] * willr has joined #silverstripe
386: [05:27:30] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
387: [05:48:24] * joshkosmala has joined #silverstripe
388: [05:52:47] * joshkosmala quit (Client Quit)
389: [05:56:28] * Trooy_ has joined #silverstripe
390: [05:56:40] * Trooy_ is now known as Trooy
391: [05:57:24] * Trooy has left #silverstripe
392: [05:59:25] * DesignerX has joined #silverstripe
393: [06:07:44] * SightUnseen has joined #silverstripe
394: [06:07:53] * SightUnseen has left #silverstripe
395: [06:22:25] * joelpittet quit ()
396: [06:29:36] * camfindlay has joined #silverstripe
397: [06:30:59] * camfindlay quit (Client Quit)
398: [06:53:54] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
399: [06:55:11] <ss23> "So, come here often?" "Okay, I will!"
400: [07:14:23] * loose_seal has joined #silverstripe
401: [07:19:43] <loose_seal> Hi, I'm just for the first time upgrading to 3.1 from 2.4, and my config.yml's SSViewer.theme setting seems to be getting ignored. I am in Dev mode and I am flushing. If I axe it from config.yml completely it still loads up the simple theme but throws a warning at the top
402: [07:23:54] <loose_seal> sorted, I've at some point gone into the admin panel and touched the dropdown from there. Must overwrite the config.
403: [07:23:54] <simon_w|air> loose_seal, open admin/settings and change the theme in there
404: [07:24:12] <loose_seal> yeah thanks, my own stupid hands fail my again
405: [07:25:00] * CodeTrap has joined #silverstripe
406: [07:30:50] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
407: [07:35:12] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
408: [07:36:01] * Shrike_Finland quit (Client Quit)
409: [07:37:55] * kk_ has joined #silverstripe
410: [07:44:07] * stripee has joined #silverstripe
411: [07:44:37] <stripee> problem in creating a new page in CMS admin
412: [07:44:37] <stripee> ?
413: [07:46:00] <stripee> when i click the create button ,the small circle keeps rotating and nothing happens.........neither error is displayed nor the page is redirected .......can anyone help me?
414: [07:48:03] <wmk> stripee, seems like some weird error in your php code
415: [07:48:44] <wmk> check the response with firebug (network tab) silverstripe error log, apache error log
416: [07:49:10] <stripee> i have just installed ss 3.1.3 and done nothing else
417: [07:49:25] <wmk> or - when you have the waiting circle: simply press F5 / reload, then the whole cms reloads and will print the error
418: [07:49:28] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
419: [07:49:54] <wmk> ah, 3.1.3 released? cool.
420: [07:50:24] <wmk> maybe something with the installation went wrong
421: [07:50:39] <stripee> it was fine with the installation
422: [07:50:49] <stripee> did f5 as u said
423: [07:51:04] <stripee> the page reloaded ......and no error
424: [07:51:21] <wmk> do you know have the new page?
425: [07:51:34] <stripee> no
426: [07:52:13] <wmk> if you can access the webserver error log look there
427: [07:52:21] <wmk> or enable ss error log
428: [07:53:25] * Sj0hn has joined #silverstripe
429: [07:53:32] <stripee> how to enable ?
430: [07:53:34] <wmk> also possible if you haven't installed the 3.1.3 on a complete new domain: clear browser cache. if there was another ss inistallation the js could have changed
431: [07:53:51] <wmk> stripee, depends on your environment. own server? shared host...?
432: [07:53:52] <stripee> ohk
433: [07:54:17] <wmk> which webserver? apache, nginx, ...
434: [07:54:40] * Sj0hn quit (Client Quit)
435: [07:54:49] * Sj0hn has joined #silverstripe
436: [07:55:38] <stripee> wamp
437: [07:56:01] <stripee> i mean apache
438: [07:56:33] <wmk> stripee, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19713001/where-can-i-find-the-wamp-error-log maybe helps
439: [07:57:02] <stripee> cleared the cache....dint work
440: [07:57:18] <wmk> in bavarian german a "wampe" is a potbelly
441: [07:58:39] <ss23> Guys... I have a page that has_many Foo's
442: [07:58:46] <ss23> How can build a nice interface to edit the Foos?
443: [07:59:11] <wmk> gridfield?
444: [07:59:11] <ss23> ModelAdmin isn't really best since the foo's belong to the page
445: [07:59:13] <ss23> yeah
446: [07:59:18] <ss23> but like.. the gridfield docs are confusing
447: [07:59:24] <wmk> ehem, yes
448: [07:59:26] <ss23> http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/reference/grid-field seems to be talking about showing things to front-end users
449: [07:59:35] <ss23> A gridfield is often setup from a Controller that will output a form to the user. Even if there are no other HTML input fields for gathering data from users
450: [07:59:36] <wmk> afaik you need the record editor
451: [07:59:38] <ss23> like... what?
452: [07:59:47] <ss23> that sounds right, wmk !
453: [07:59:49] * ss23 googls that
454: [08:00:08] <ss23> But I don't know how to implement that, wmk o.o
455: [08:01:42] <ss23> wmk: is there a quick reference implmentation of it somewhere?
456: [08:01:46] <ss23> I imagine this is a mega common thing to want...
457: [08:01:58] <wmk> ss23, just looking
458: [08:02:30] <ss23> oh, this dataobject relationship management tutorial looks like it might :O
459: [08:02:34] <ss23> I hope it does :D
460: [08:02:40] <ss23> yay!
461: [08:02:43] <ss23> Thank you very much wmk :D
462: [08:02:52] <ss23> The hint about record editor is enough to find this I think ^.^
463: [08:02:54] <ss23> I will play around now
464: [08:03:02] <wmk> ok. was just sticking at the gridfield reference. a tut is surely better
465: [08:04:35] * gurubobnz has joined #silverstripe
466: [08:05:15] * jrthomer has joined #silverstripe
467: [08:08:55] <ss23> Awesome, works almost perfectly!
468: [08:09:02] <simon_w|air> ss23, the tutorial on relationships :p (5 I think)
469: [08:09:06] <ss23> yeah, simon_w|air
470: [08:09:07] <ss23> :D
471: [08:09:08] <ss23> I found it
472: [08:09:12] <ss23> But uh, missing one tiny thing for usability
473: [08:09:32] <ss23> When you add a new foo, it doesn't automatically set the has_one relationship on foo to the thing you clicked it from
474: [08:09:39] <ss23> Is there a quick way to do that automatically?
475: [08:09:41] <ss23> Not a big thing if there's not
476: [08:09:53] <ss23> Also, that stupid bug where Content = 1 is annoying >.<
477: [08:11:05] <ss23> (p.s. let me know if you guys don't get what I mean about that has_one relationship thing :O)
478: [08:14:00] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
479: [08:15:27] * OzziNL has joined #silverstripe
480: [08:16:03] * stripee quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
481: [08:26:07] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
482: [08:29:16] * howardgr_ has joined #silverstripe
483: [08:29:16] * howardgrigg quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
484: [08:34:36] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
485: [08:36:32] * gurubobnz has joined #silverstripe
486: [08:42:29] * g4b0_ quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
487: [08:42:38] * NobrainerWeb has joined #silverstripe
488: [08:49:27] <wmk> is there an easy way to show all available cms shortcuts? like dev/tasks lists all task...?
489: [08:51:11] <Zauberfisch> shortcuts?
490: [08:51:16] <Zauberfisch> there are shortcuts in the CMS? :O
491: [08:51:42] <Zauberfisch> are we talking about keyboard shortcuts?
492: [08:52:14] <wmk> sorry, shortcode
493: [08:53:42] <willr> nope
494: [08:54:06] <kk_> they are all registered in the config.. so loog there..
495: [08:54:22] <kk_> *look
496: [08:54:35] <wmk> well, an easy to use list (with documentation) would be cool.
497: [08:54:56] <wmk> but tasks are own objects / classes, shortcuts only methods
498: [08:54:56] * bubaphex quit (Remote host closed the connection)
499: [08:55:12] <wmk> s/shortucts/shortcodes
500: [08:55:30] * wmk sometimes writes faster than he can think
501: [08:58:17] * mahesh_ has joined #silverstripe
502: [08:58:38] * mahesh_ has left #silverstripe
503: [09:06:05] * ocm has joined #silverstripe
504: [09:06:07] <ocm> howdy ho!
505: [09:06:23] <kk_> it's christmas..
506: [09:06:26] <kk_> hoho
507: [09:06:44] <ocm> shouldn't it be some kind of winter before christmas can start? D:
508: [09:07:44] <kk_> ^^
509: [09:07:53] <wmk> kk_, ? you have a funny costume?
510: [09:09:37] * kinglozzer has joined #silverstripe
511: [09:14:36] * NobrainerWeb quit (Quit: NobrainerWeb)
512: [09:14:47] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
513: [09:25:42] * Py^k has joined #silverstripe
514: [09:25:59] <Py^k> so folks
515: [09:26:15] <Py^k> is silverstripe horizontally scalable?
516: [09:26:26] <kinglozzer> No, only vertically
517: [09:26:30] <Py^k> willr, simon_w, ss23
518: [09:26:45] <Py^k> Zauberfisch^^
519: [09:26:58] <Py^k> kinglozzer: plz explain?
520: [09:27:21] <kinglozzer> Py^k: Kidding, just hate when clients ask me questions like that ><
521: [09:27:24] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
522: [09:27:43] <willr> Diagonally.
523: [09:28:31] <Py^k> willr: so it's more of a bishop than a pawn?
524: [09:28:51] <Py^k> kinglozzer: yeah, but what does updown/sidetoside even mean?
525: [09:28:53] <willr> If you want to horizontally scale it, you can.
526: [09:29:07] <willr> We've got it running in EC2 if that counts
527: [09:29:07] <kinglozzer> Py^k: I dunno :P
528: [09:29:11] <Py^k> willr: but requires some work, or just does?
529: [09:29:16] <kinglozzer> That's why I hate the question
530: [09:29:29] <Py^k> willr: eg. what does horizontally scale even mean, as opposed to vertically (and what is vertical scale?)
531: [09:29:45] <Py^k> I'm assuming vertical is simply size/traffice.
532: [09:29:49] <Py^k> -e
533: [09:30:04] <willr> Horizontal is spread out over machines
534: [09:30:06] <Py^k> kinglozzer: agreed. I think more annoying is the varying definitions
535: [09:30:28] <willr> vertical is more power to one box
536: [09:30:30] <Py^k> willr: in what way though. I mean... surely that's just N number of installs#
537: [09:30:49] <Py^k> in which case, what system isn't very horizontally scalable?
538: [09:31:14] <willr> exactly
539: [09:31:24] <Py^k> Spinning up a new EC2 instance with another install isn't really scaling, is it?
540: [09:31:28] <Py^k> that's just another instance.
541: [09:32:35] * NobrainerWeb has joined #silverstripe
542: [09:33:26] <Py^k> willr: could horizontally mean separating out concerns far more than simply in code?
543: [09:33:57] <Py^k> db clusters, asset buckets, multi-site installs, etc?
544: [09:33:59] <willr> as in splitting out services?
545: [09:34:13] <Py^k> well, I dunno. Define 'splitting out services'?
546: [09:34:55] <Py^k> kinglozzer: I do agree with your sentiment though. "It fucking works, and works well. DEAL WITH IT" - pretty much my attitude.
547: [09:35:09] <Py^k> unless it actually becomes a problem, in which case I can fix it.
548: [09:35:28] <Py^k> but getting asked that question from the outset is just about as annoying as "I'm going to be the next facebook"
549: [09:35:54] <willr> well SilverStripe is one monolithic application right? you couldn't run authentication without running something stupid like requirements. If you wanted to fully scale those would be independent
550: [09:36:12] <Py^k> yeah, ok.
551: [09:36:26] <Py^k> so perhaps that is what chappy meant by 'horizontal scale' last week.
552: [09:36:37] <Py^k> and to be fair, authentication is an f'n mess.
553: [09:36:46] <willr> We've done large distributed stuff with Kohana in the past which is lightweight enough to break services out into unique applications
554: [09:36:52] <Py^k> although he was mostly talking about using s3 for assets instead of /assets
555: [09:37:05] <willr> That's pretty trivial nowadays
556: [09:37:18] <Py^k> he was trying to apply to existing sites or something trixy
557: [09:37:26] <Py^k> in 2.4
558: [09:37:57] <Py^k> But his posturing got me thinking a bit.
559: [09:38:15] <Py^k> thus the question
560: [09:38:55] <Py^k> willr: is this a downside to the application design though, autoloader and all that?
561: [09:39:03] <willr> in 2.4 only site I've done on EC2 I cheated. Mounted the S3 instance as a drive
562: [09:39:20] <g4b0_> hi all
563: [09:39:23] <Py^k> yeh, chappy was muchly against that :<
564: [09:39:26] <Py^k> hi g4b0_
565: [09:40:52] <g4b0_> I'm not sure how to add an allowed extension to a single uploadfield
566: [09:40:57] <g4b0_> it seems simple
567: [09:41:04] <g4b0_> but it doesn't work :)
568: [09:41:07] <g4b0_> http://pastebin.com/Qahcyetj
569: [09:41:14] <Py^k> add it to the instnace, don't define it as a config thing
570: [09:41:44] <g4b0_> I think it's what I've done
571: [09:41:55] <Py^k> hmm, looks like it should work :<
572: [09:43:11] <g4b0_> it says "Forbidden"
573: [09:43:17] <g4b0_> also after a flush=all
574: [09:43:37] * howardgr_ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
575: [09:44:05] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
576: [09:45:37] <Py^k> wait, what is SortableUploadField?
577: [09:46:17] <kinglozzer> Py^k: really?!
578: [09:46:22] <kinglozzer> You've not heard of it?
579: [09:48:14] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
580: [09:49:54] <micmania1> me neither kinglozzer! LINK LINK LINK!
581: [09:49:57] <kinglozzer> https://github.com/bummzack/sortablefile
582: [09:50:02] * gurubobnz quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
583: [09:50:28] <kinglozzer> Drag and drop directly on the uploadfield
584: [09:50:44] <g4b0_> It's just a UploadField specialization
585: [09:51:17] <micmania1> Nice!
586: [09:51:19] <kinglozzer> Pre-3.1.3 it was a BITCH, if you had 20 images you'd end up with about 500 HTTP requests as it loaded each iframe
587: [09:51:41] * gurubobnz has joined #silverstripe
588: [09:55:16] <g4b0_> any ideas about forbidden exe?
589: [09:59:51] <Py^k> micmania1: kinglozzer g4b0_ I always just used https://github.com/colymba/GridFieldBulkEditingTools
590: [10:00:40] <kinglozzer> Didn't even know it did sorting :P
591: [10:01:03] * loose_seal quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
592: [10:01:22] <Py^k> hmm yeh I think it does. If not then sortablegridfield components do.
593: [10:01:58] <g4b0_> Py^k: it's not the same
594: [10:02:04] <Py^k> I know
595: [10:02:22] <g4b0_> It's a gridfield, since SortableGridField it's an UploadField
596: [10:02:34] <g4b0_> I'm using both
597: [10:02:49] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
598: [10:03:02] <g4b0_> I like GridFieldBulkEditingTools for gallery management
599: [10:03:19] <g4b0_> but I prefer SortableUploadFile for documents management
600: [10:03:20] <kinglozzer> Man why doesn't a /dev/build automatically flush? How often do people do a dev/build without adding ?flush=1 on the end? :/
601: [10:04:04] <g4b0_> I never understand in deep the flush workflow :/
602: [10:04:45] <g4b0_> for me it' something magic that sometimes let things work :)
603: [10:05:04] <ss23> 22:30:49 < Py^k> in which case, what system isn't very horizontally scalable?
604: [10:05:08] <ss23> PHP is designed to be, which is A+
605: [10:05:12] <ss23> But imagine a Java app
606: [10:05:24] <ss23> They normally just run as one single server, and take a *lot* of work to scale horozontially
607: [10:07:13] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
608: [10:07:13] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2065 (3.1 - 78678ac : Andrew Short): The build passed.
609: [10:07:13] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/fb0d349cee8b...78678acdadb2
610: [10:07:13] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/19963058
611: [10:07:13] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
612: [10:09:21] * willr quit (Quit: willr)
613: [10:09:46] <ec8or_> looks like it is not possible to login via GET any longer?
614: [10:10:38] * willmorgan has joined #silverstripe
615: [10:11:00] <willmorgan> yo
616: [10:11:26] <willmorgan> anyone have a nice pattern for setting the action of a form that is on a standalone controller? (not a page)
617: [10:13:00] <Py^k> ss23: do go on.
618: [10:13:05] <Py^k> ss23: write a blog post about it.
619: [10:13:47] <Py^k> willmorgan: $form->setFormAction('GET') ?
620: [10:14:20] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
621: [10:14:21] <Py^k> or more explanation plz
622: [10:14:32] <Py^k> ec8or_: you could log in with GET?
623: [10:14:35] <Py^k> :<
624: [10:14:44] <Py^k> that doesn't seem... secure.
625: [10:14:46] <willmorgan> URL action, Py^k
626: [10:14:55] <Py^k> oh
627: [10:14:59] <Py^k> right, willmorgan same thing.
628: [10:15:04] <Py^k> got myself confused.
629: [10:15:07] <Py^k> with method.
630: [10:15:10] <micmania1> willmorgan: I think MemberLoginForm has a good example
631: [10:15:17] <micmania1> maybe
632: [10:15:20] <willmorgan> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4215179/ShareX/2014-03/2014-03-03_10-15-03-Ngrbb0r.png ---> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4215179/ShareX/2014-03/2014-03-03_10-15-16-qnRE0Ts.png
633: [10:15:30] <Py^k> gawd, nothing member auth related is a good example of ... anything.
634: [10:15:35] <willmorgan> I know
635: [10:15:53] <willmorgan> I've set up Director.routes in the config
636: [10:16:20] <Py^k> I'm confused about what you're up to willmorgan .
637: [10:16:28] <Py^k> sorry
638: [10:16:33] <willmorgan> okay
639: [10:16:35] <willmorgan> I have a controller
640: [10:16:45] <willmorgan> it isn't controlling any sort of page
641: [10:16:50] <willmorgan> therefore it has no inherent link function
642: [10:17:22] <willmorgan> therefore I have to set up a custom route for it with Director's config
643: [10:17:26] <willmorgan> (are you following so far?)
644: [10:17:34] <Py^k> yes.
645: [10:17:55] <Py^k> apart from that you don't _need_ to set up a route, but I'm sure you know that too.
646: [10:18:01] <willmorgan> right, so let's say "/orders/": "OrderProcessController" in the config. I go to "/orders" in my browser, it comes up. I see a form
647: [10:18:16] <Py^k> but action is set to ?
648: [10:18:29] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
649: [10:18:31] <Py^k> "" ? /OrderProcessController/Form ?
650: [10:18:34] <willmorgan> the form's action attribute (the URL it will POST to) is incorrect; it points directly to OrderProcessController/NameOfMyForm
651: [10:18:48] <Py^k> well
652: [10:18:57] <willmorgan> now, IMHO, the framework should automatically detect this and provide the correct URL somehow
653: [10:19:23] <kinglozzer> willmorgan: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/blob/3.1/forms/Form.php#L901-L909, could you use any of those?
654: [10:19:29] <Py^k> I'd slap a guess at $form->setFormAction('mydefinedrouteasdetectedviarequestobject/form')
655: [10:19:51] <Py^k> willmorgan: it doesn't automagic because it's not reliable to take guesses.
656: [10:20:01] <kinglozzer> Ah I see, you want a nice way of doing it automatically
657: [10:20:05] <Py^k> it should probably use the same page as the request, but that's also not always the case.
658: [10:20:05] <willmorgan> I had this same problem when doing the Greggs site
659: [10:20:15] <willmorgan> and it pissed me off
660: [10:20:15] <Py^k> the constant is the Controller name, it's reliable.
661: [10:20:29] <Py^k> Greggs give you lots of free pizza slices?
662: [10:20:35] <willmorgan> no
663: [10:20:37] <Py^k> Dicks.
664: [10:20:41] <willmorgan> heh
665: [10:20:59] <Py^k> so yeah
666: [10:21:05] <Py^k> use the request object, set the action.
667: [10:21:24] <Py^k> easiest way I can think around that.
668: [10:21:25] <willmorgan> I wonder if simon_w is around
669: [10:21:33] <Py^k> nope, 11:30pm
670: [10:21:34] <willmorgan> I would much rather submit a patch
671: [10:21:40] <Py^k> willmorgan: so do that :>
672: [10:21:46] <Py^k> it'll get reviewed.
673: [10:21:59] <Py^k> tell ss23 who will be up to pester the shit out of whoever it is until it's done.
674: [10:22:05] <willmorgan> \o/
675: [10:22:12] <willmorgan> hmm, okay
676: [10:22:22] <Py^k> github pull request
677: [10:22:24] <willmorgan> looks like I will have to override the Link method on my basecontroller for now
678: [10:22:27] <Py^k> it's like the future or something.
679: [10:22:36] <Py^k> perhaps.
680: [10:22:55] <willmorgan> don't talk to me about PRs... I spent the last hour of friday squashing 60 commits down to about 8
681: [10:23:01] <willmorgan> -_-
682: [10:23:36] <Py^k> It's been some time since I dug around in forms, but I'd probably go with altering the default action setting thing rather than hacking core Link() things.
683: [10:23:39] <Py^k> although that'd work too.
684: [10:23:44] <Py^k> may even be nicer.
685: [10:24:11] <Py^k> but perhpas not, because you can call link() from other places too, not just on itself when it's actively loading a page.
686: [10:24:19] <Py^k> so I dunno, have a go amigo.
687: [10:25:17] <willmorgan> well, the problem gets complex when we have URL parameters
688: [10:25:46] <g4b0_> what about this PR https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/2855 ?
689: [10:26:00] <willmorgan> if RequestHandler->handleRequest was split up in to smaller functions that did more defined pieces of work, then they could be used to do the reverse and take a controller and give you a URL
690: [10:26:10] <g4b0_> will never be merged? :)
691: [10:27:27] <willmorgan> g4b0_: you not PR'ing to master?
692: [10:30:42] <Py^k> yeh, it's retro commit by now. You've PR'd to a tag.
693: [10:34:05] <kinglozzer> Py^k: A tag? 3.1's a branch >< or am I missing something
694: [10:36:17] <willmorgan> kinglozzer: the contribution guidelines say to PR to master, always
695: [10:36:20] <willmorgan> because master is the bleeding edge
696: [10:36:36] <willmorgan> then the core devs decide what to backport from master to each individual branch
697: [10:37:12] <willmorgan> it's also worth developing off master for fixes because someone might have already done your patch
698: [10:38:00] <kinglozzer> oic, I'm still in the mindset of 3.1 being a pre-release branch
699: [10:38:28] <willmorgan> I'm not sure what the guidelines are for submitting patches to 2.4
700: [10:38:31] <willmorgan> I think you PR to post-2.4
701: [10:38:38] <kinglozzer> I think there's a post-2.4
702: [10:38:39] <kinglozzer> yeah ^^
703: [10:41:55] <ss23> I can't merge PRs
704: [10:41:56] <ss23> :(
705: [10:41:58] <ss23> don't ask me!
706: [10:54:38] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
707: [10:55:35] <Py^k> kinglozzer: pretty much the same thing in git :<
708: [10:55:53] <Py^k> SS's branching when they should be tagging confuses me.
709: [10:56:52] <Py^k> ss23: but you're good at being a champion for the people!
710: [10:56:56] <ss23> :D
711: [10:56:59] <ss23> DAMN RIGHT!
712: [10:57:50] <Py^k> probably the most gentlemanly method of war ever.
713: [10:59:11] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
714: [11:00:44] <Py^k> "Instead of us going into a massive pitch battle and both end up decimated... how about we choose our top 100 warriors and when one lot defeat the other 100 we'll just call that the result and go home"
715: [11:01:04] <ss23> that doesn't work though
716: [11:01:09] <Py^k> It idd.
717: [11:01:10] <ss23> cause the side that loses is like "LOL FUCK THAT, REMATCH"
718: [11:01:11] <Py^k> did*
719: [11:01:14] <Py^k> nope
720: [11:01:18] <Py^k> they just went off home.
721: [11:01:20] <ss23> whoever lost was an idiot then
722: [11:01:24] <ss23> they should've fought more
723: [11:01:34] <ss23> the options are a) 100% chance of loss (aka what they did)
724: [11:01:36] <ss23> or b) fight and maybe win
725: [11:02:08] <Py^k> It happened once or twice.
726: [11:02:19] <Py^k> I think, but generally was respected.
727: [11:02:42] <Py^k> Because after losing, you don't want to make the Spartans more angry than they already are.
728: [11:03:30] <ss23> fuck dat
729: [11:03:32] <ss23> I'd fight
730: [11:19:26] * NoobNL has joined #silverstripe
731: [11:22:09] <NoobNL> hello, i have a a page type "product" (no dataobject) which is listed in a gridfield. When i open the productpage from the gridfield ans press the save button, the productpage will not be updated in the live version of productpage (Product_Live)
732: [11:22:51] <NoobNL> I need a code that write the saved Product to the Product_Live when i press save in the datagridfield
733: [11:25:42] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
734: [11:27:13] <NoobNL> like $this->publish("Stage", "Live"); or somthing
735: [11:27:23] <NoobNL> how can i get this work?
736: [11:27:44] <Zauberfisch> someone poked me?
737: [11:27:46] <Zauberfisch> Py^k:
738: [11:28:41] <Zauberfisch> ss23: you asked if gridfield can set the relation. well, yes. in fact you are doing something wrong if it doesn't
739: [11:28:46] <Zauberfisch> sorry for the late response though
740: [11:29:03] <Zauberfisch> ss23: I am actually supprised you have never used gridfield before :O
741: [11:29:41] <micmania1> NoobNL: Managing pages through the GridField isn't quite so simple.
742: [11:29:47] <Zauberfisch> i have like an average of 3-5 grids per website
743: [11:29:59] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
744: [11:30:06] <micmania1> You can use a versioned gridfield but I have no experience using this so not sure if you'll lose any functionality.
745: [11:31:24] <micmania1> I just normally remove the GridFieldDetailForm and replace the EditButton with a link to the actual pages editform.
746: [11:32:33] <micmania1> https://github.com/micmania1/silverstripe-blogger/blob/1.0/forms/gridfield/GridFieldSiteTreeEditButton.php
747: [11:32:53] <micmania1> And the config... https://github.com/micmania1/silverstripe-blogger/blob/1.0/forms/gridfield/GridFieldConfig_BlogPost.php
748: [11:33:24] <micmania1> You should be able to just remove the GridFieldBlogPostState component and you're good to go.
749: [11:33:43] <micmania1> oh, and the add new button
750: [11:34:59] <NoobNL> aaah ok
751: [11:35:03] <NoobNL> thanks
752: [11:36:08] <NoobNL> i hope i can get it work :P
753: [11:36:58] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
754: [11:37:10] <Zauberfisch> NoobNL: judging from your name you don't have much silverstripe experience. so please be advised: it is possible to use gridfield to manage pages, but its nothing that just works, it will require some expertise to get it to work smoothly
755: [11:38:15] * steeloctopus has joined #silverstripe
756: [11:38:38] * steeloctopus quit (Client Quit)
757: [11:40:29] * g4b0_ quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
758: [11:42:58] <NoobNL> mmmm zauberfish, you are right :D i dont have that much experience :D
759: [11:47:19] <NoobNL> Micmania1:
760: [11:47:26] <ss23> Zauberfisch: I have used it beefore I think, but I forget
761: [11:47:29] <NoobNL> I got it work :D thanks for you solution!
762: [11:47:35] <NoobNL> *your
763: [11:47:39] <ss23> Zauberfisch: idk why it's not setting by default then, but idc, it's easy enough to use
764: [11:51:51] * gurubobnz quit (Remote host closed the connection)
765: [12:05:24] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
766: [12:07:49] * OpticBlaze has joined #silverstripe
767: [12:14:02] * OpticBlaze quit (Quit: Page closed)
768: [12:22:52] * Py^k quit (Quit: Page closed)
769: [12:24:23] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
770: [12:24:30] <willmorgan> anyone ever used the YAMLFixture + FixtureBlueprint system outside of a test environment?
771: [12:26:00] * DesignerX quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
772: [12:26:40] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
773: [12:31:09] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
774: [12:31:33] * kinglozzer had no idea the FixtureBlueprint stuff even existed
775: [12:31:50] <kinglozzer> I've been wondering for ages what people do with YAML when they're testing :P
776: [12:42:30] <willmorgan> it's pretty sweet for building fixtures quickly
777: [12:42:35] <willmorgan> you can afford to have one fixture file per test class
778: [12:42:49] <willmorgan> instead of banging your head against the wall with XML or writing a default records implementation
779: [12:43:56] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
780: [12:56:14] * NobrainerWeb quit (Quit: NobrainerWeb)
781: [13:00:02] * NobrainerWeb has joined #silverstripe
782: [13:05:08] <micmania1> willmorgan: I think silversmith uses it.
783: [13:05:35] <willmorgan> yeah, unclecheese has another cool yaml parser
784: [13:05:46] <willmorgan> I'm parking that little pipe dream for now and working on something else, though :-P
785: [13:07:50] <svandragt1> if an DataObject has_many RelatedItems and I delete the DataObject does this 1) delete the RelatedItems attached to the DataObject, 2) set the DataObjectID of the RelatedItems to 0 or 3) leave orphaned RelatedItems?
786: [13:08:18] <svandragt1> using DataObject->remove()
787: [13:11:38] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
788: [13:19:44] <svandragt1> *using DeleteObject->remove(). unfortunately the result is 3) it leaves RelatedItems with the DataObjectID of the DataObject that was deleted.
789: [13:26:18] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
790: [13:27:50] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
791: [13:32:07] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
792: [13:35:29] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
793: [13:38:33] <NoobNL> is there a way that u can publish all pages with a certain pagetype with one command?
794: [13:38:59] * willmorgan quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
795: [13:40:35] <svandragt1> NoobNL: AFAIK not for a certain pagetype, you'd have to create a task; but you can publish all pages with one command.
796: [13:41:20] <NoobNL> svandragt1: thanks.. i know there is one command : admin/pages/publishall/
797: [13:42:06] <NoobNL> put thats for all pages, right? so its not possible to do a admin/pages/publishall/ for example on pagetype products?
798: [13:42:20] <NoobNL> but
799: [13:43:32] <svandragt1> NoobNL: that's for all pages yes. But you can do $PageTypes = new DataList('PageType'); foreach $PageType->doPublish()
800: [13:44:30] <svandragt1> get that working, save it as a atask and then call it from /dev/tasks/PublishPageType for example
801: [13:45:00] <svandragt1> NoobNL: See SiteTree's doPublish method, and BuildTask class
802: [13:47:23] * Shrike_Finland1 has joined #silverstripe
803: [13:47:23] * Shrike_Finland quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
804: [13:52:56] * svandragt1 is now known as svandragt
805: [14:18:55] <svandragt> Just discoverdd GistBox wow now I can label my gists with SilverStripe.
806: [14:21:31] * NobrainerWeb quit (Quit: NobrainerWeb)
807: [14:23:03] * Shrike_Finland1 quit (Quit: Leaving.)
808: [14:26:10] * NobrainerWeb has joined #silverstripe
809: [14:28:51] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
810: [14:30:07] * howardgr_ has joined #silverstripe
811: [14:30:08] * howardgrigg quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
812: [14:34:24] * kk_ quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
813: [14:46:00] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
814: [14:46:06] * Shrike_Finland quit (Client Quit)
815: [14:52:39] * NobrainerWeb quit (Quit: NobrainerWeb)
816: [15:13:19] * P^k has joined #silverstripe
817: [15:16:02] * feejin has joined #silverstripe
818: [15:18:45] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
819: [15:26:51] * kk_ has joined #silverstripe
820: [15:31:58] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
821: [15:32:59] * wazza_ has joined #silverstripe
822: [15:34:16] <wazza_> can anyone help with a question about moving from 3.0 to 3.1?
823: [15:35:10] <wazza_> specifically to do with modeladmin....
824: [15:35:48] * willmorgan has joined #silverstripe
825: [15:36:02] <wazza_> My models / dataobjects are being "Forbidden" when saved...
826: [15:37:16] <wazza_> I believe I need to add $allowed_actions or canCreate(), canEdit() to my classes....but I'm not clear on where to do this?
827: [15:37:54] * Blablub has joined #silverstripe
828: [15:38:13] <P^k> oh yeh, that moment when you hear OMC on the Absolute 90's in the UK.
829: [15:38:19] <wazza_> I've seached and searched but haven't found anywhere that explains this clearly :-( any suggestions / help would be really appreciated
830: [15:39:08] <P^k> Zauberfisch: yeh sorry, I was in a meeting. I just wanted to know your opinion on SS's horizontal scalability
831: [15:39:26] <P^k> and/or what you think 'horizontal scalablility' even means.
832: [15:39:55] <catcher> wazza_, members of the administrator group should have access unless overridden. For other groups, you override the canX() methods on the models themselves.
833: [15:40:50] <catcher> wazza_, in those methods, you can test if the current member belongs to a particular group, and return true/false accordingly.
834: [15:41:06] <Blablub> Hello, i refer to another page in a dataobject I wanted to return a field where a user can select the page, i tried it with this code: http://pastebin.com/TarmZPqW
835: [15:41:20] <Blablub> but the field is empty though I have a FinancePage
836: [15:41:47] <P^k> wazza_: nah.
837: [15:41:52] <P^k> shouldn't need to.
838: [15:42:53] <wazza_> catcher, thank you so much for replying... I have tried to keep things as plain and simple as possible. my user is in admin group....and there's nothing in my classes for allowed_actions or canX()
839: [15:44:35] <P^k> Blablub: it's not 2.4, you just use the class you want to get's static bind now.
840: [15:44:41] <P^k> FinancePage::get()
841: [15:45:32] <P^k> if it still doesn't work, then try FinancePage::get()->map()
842: [15:45:42] * howardgr_ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
843: [15:45:48] <P^k> and if that doesn't work try FinancePage::get()->map()->toArray()
844: [15:46:08] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
845: [15:46:42] <Blablub> P^k, with ->map()->toArray() it is working, thank you very much
846: [15:50:35] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
847: [15:55:36] <catcher> wazza_, that seems more like an error then, you may find more info in the server response using a browser debugger
848: [15:56:52] <wazza_> catcher, thank you I'll do a little more digging
849: [16:01:41] <Blablub> Is it possible to add a gridfield on a page which manages dataobjects which doesn't belong directly to the page?
850: [16:01:47] <P^k> yes.
851: [16:02:01] <P^k> GridField is for managing a list, any list.
852: [16:02:37] <Blablub> sounds good :)
853: [16:02:45] <P^k> I'm not sure how easy it will be to modify the list, but in theory it's possible yeh.
854: [16:03:12] <Blablub> I'll try
855: [16:03:25] <Blablub> Maybe ModelAdmin would be the better way though
856: [16:05:05] * Sj0hn quit ()
857: [16:08:29] * OzziNL quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
858: [16:10:12] <P^k> Blablub: probably.
859: [16:10:34] <wazza_> catcher, thank you. FYI I had extended GridFieldDetailForm_ItemRequest and needed to include allowed_actions in my class
860: [16:10:38] * NoobNL quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
861: [16:11:15] <catcher> wazza_, np, glad you got it worked out
862: [16:14:04] * kk_ has left #silverstripe
863: [16:16:38] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
864: [16:17:38] * howardgr_ has joined #silverstripe
865: [16:17:38] * howardgrigg quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
866: [16:21:14] * ARNHOE quit ()
867: [16:24:44] * Shashitechno has joined #silverstripe
868: [16:28:08] * jrthomer quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
869: [16:28:22] * Webdoc has joined #silverstripe
870: [16:30:26] <Shashitechno> hello guys, any alternate for this where clause with SS 2.4
871: [16:30:36] <Shashitechno> $widgetAreas = DataObject::get('WidgetArea')->where("ID NOT IN ($strIDs)");
872: [16:36:01] <Webdoc> hi can someone say hot to allow iframe adding in dataobject popup tinymce
873: [16:36:39] <kinglozzer> hot to allow iframe adding in dataobject popup tinymce
874: [16:36:42] <kinglozzer> Do I win? :D
875: [16:36:55] <kinglozzer> 1 sec
876: [16:37:08] <kinglozzer> Wait, Webdoc do you mean version 2.4?
877: [16:37:31] <Webdoc> yes
878: [16:37:46] <kinglozzer> Ah, sorry, I don't know as I never use 2.4
879: [16:38:30] <Webdoc> the HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->setOptions(array( ....... dont work on SimpleTinyMCE
880: [16:41:43] <Shashitechno> kinglozzer: yep
881: [16:41:48] <Shashitechno> kinglozzer: its 2.4
882: [16:42:41] <Shashitechno> kinglozzer: I tried looking into docs but this one wont work too DataObject::get('ClassName', "ID NOT IN ($strIDs)" )
883: [16:42:58] <P^k> Shashitechno: check the api page.
884: [16:44:46] <P^k> there's no chaining in 2.4
885: [16:45:11] <P^k> it's all params to the same thing. You need to give it valid sql segments.
886: [16:45:43] <Shashitechno> P^k: yep
887: [16:45:57] <P^k> DataObject::get($class, $where, $sort, $join, $limit); iirc
888: [16:45:58] <Shashitechno> or either a raw sql query
889: [16:46:12] <P^k> not to DataObject get
890: [16:46:28] <P^k> DB::query($rawsqlinansiformat)
891: [16:46:39] <P^k> but that won't return a DataObjectSet
892: [16:46:57] <Shashitechno> then, any option ?
893: [16:47:02] <P^k> for what?
894: [16:47:29] <Shashitechno> to get DataObject with the query ID NOT IN ($strIDs)"
895: [16:47:46] <P^k> that should probably work.
896: [16:48:08] <P^k> check the query it generates with ?isDev=1&showqueries=1
897: [16:48:14] <svandragt> Is there any software that can create diagrams from methods and calls within them?
898: [16:48:18] <P^k> or show_queries, check the docs page, I always forget.
899: [16:48:33] <P^k> svandragt: you mean draw UML?
900: [16:48:34] <kinglozzer> svandragt: xhprof?
901: [16:48:56] <Shashitechno> P^k: its showqueries
902: [16:49:20] <Shashitechno> P^k: so you want me to use DB::query($rawsqlinansiformat) ?
903: [16:49:25] <P^k> no
904: [16:49:25] <svandragt> thanks, I mean the logic in this project is getting so complex over time that it's hard to visualize where certain changes need to happen
905: [16:49:42] <P^k> get('Class', $where) should work fine.
906: [16:49:56] <P^k> svandragt: yeah, you mean UML.
907: [16:50:42] <svandragt> P^k: any sugggestions for software?
908: [16:51:06] <P^k> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/393603/php-uml-generator
909: [16:51:09] <P^k> svandragt: nup :<
910: [16:51:17] * ObiWanShanobi has joined #silverstripe
911: [16:51:22] <P^k> Don't do UML, just do programmer champion method.
912: [16:51:29] <P^k> All in one guy's head.
913: [16:51:39] <svandragt> P^k: my head's exploding :P
914: [16:51:48] <willmorgan> what is UML
915: [16:51:53] <P^k> swears and complains and throws things when someone else changes his code because it desync's his head model :P
916: [16:52:01] <P^k> willmorgan: troll detected.
917: [16:52:07] <willmorgan> how is UML formed
918: [16:52:08] <svandragt> P^k: I want to get it out of my head and into easy to review visual models
919: [16:52:20] * Webdoc quit (Quit: Page closed)
920: [16:52:37] <willmorgan> svandragt: have you tried using Dia?
921: [16:52:42] <willmorgan> I just make a fat ERM
922: [16:52:47] <P^k> willmorgan: It stands for Unified Markup Language, and you use it to make everything. You write some XML and it compliles as C, gets interpreted as PHP or even runs as Java bytecode.
923: [16:52:51] <P^k> just like that.
924: [16:53:04] <willmorgan> don't feed me, P^k
925: [16:53:15] <P^k> Feed you rubbish, make you fat.
926: [16:53:24] <willmorgan> i am fat! fat and proud
927: [16:53:28] <P^k> oic
928: [16:53:31] <svandragt> willmorgan: got visio if that's the tool for the job
929: [16:53:39] <willmorgan> v...isio
930: [16:53:41] <willmorgan> yeah I guess that works
931: [16:53:49] <P^k> so does powerpoint.
932: [16:53:51] <svandragt> willmorgan: but I'll know I'll spend too much time moving boxes instead of typing in logic
933: [16:53:55] <kinglozzer> So does a pen and paper
934: [16:54:00] <P^k> ^#
935: [16:54:10] <kinglozzer> Also chalk and a big rock
936: [16:54:17] <svandragt> kinglozzer: thanks :P
937: [16:54:18] <P^k> chisel and hammer.
938: [16:54:20] <kinglozzer> :P
939: [16:54:23] * svandragt orders big rock off amazon
940: [16:54:40] <P^k> omg soup when I get home
941: [16:54:45] <P^k> it will be amazing.
942: [16:55:04] <P^k> soup and vodka.
943: [16:55:19] <willmorgan> Amazon Warehouse Deals ~= Amazon Drug Deals?
944: [16:55:37] <willmorgan> ...I'll get my coat
945: [16:55:39] <P^k> amazon's "back of the truck" department
946: [16:56:03] <P^k> omfg, TESCO: You shop, we drop. YOUR HOUSE
947: [16:56:17] <svandragt> don't shop for tables then P^k
948: [16:56:31] <P^k> http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/02/you-shop-we-destroy-your-house-tesco-lorry-causes-absolute-carnage-4378713/
949: [16:56:37] <svandragt> that's it it's too late to think
950: [16:56:44] <P^k> it's 5pm
951: [16:56:50] <P^k> ish
952: [16:57:58] <svandragt> I'm on variable time: clock runs slow in the morning, fast in the afternoon
953: [16:58:33] <willmorgan> are you sure you're not orbiting an apparent horizon, svandragt?
954: [16:59:53] <svandragt> willmorgan: you tell me? I don't know! I just know I arrive late and leave early due to time sync issues hehe
955: [17:00:37] <svandragt> Right am off happy coding people
956: [17:01:57] <willmorgan> one more hour for me
957: [17:08:55] * g4b0_ quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
958: [17:18:02] <P^k> willmorgan: do you know the jquery languich?
959: [17:18:28] <P^k> have you used that javascript framework for it?
960: [17:19:25] <P^k> THE prototripe sandwich?
961: [17:19:52] <P^k> ps. correct troll answer to troll question is: "Nah, Dart."
962: [17:29:19] * P^k quit (Quit: Page closed)
963: [17:32:41] * howardgr_ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
964: [17:33:08] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
965: [17:37:29] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
966: [17:42:19] * ObiWanShanobi quit (Remote host closed the connection)
967: [17:46:03] * babak quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
968: [17:46:21] * ObiWanShanobi has joined #silverstripe
969: [17:52:18] * Shashitechno quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
970: [17:52:35] * ObiWanShanobi quit (Remote host closed the connection)
971: [17:53:11] * ObiWanShanobi has joined #silverstripe
972: [17:56:31] <ec8or_> i want to install subsites, but i don't want the current site to be the main site
973: [17:56:40] <ec8or_> is it possible to change after installation?
974: [17:58:25] * willmorgan quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
975: [18:09:38] * DesignerX has joined #silverstripe
976: [18:12:26] * SphereSilverNL has joined #silverstripe
977: [18:13:33] * wazza_ quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
978: [18:16:08] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
979: [18:20:47] * Shrike_Finland quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
980: [18:25:43] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
981: [18:27:14] * joelpitt_ has joined #silverstripe
982: [18:30:54] * joelpittet quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
983: [18:33:30] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
984: [18:37:48] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
985: [18:37:59] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
986: [18:43:47] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
987: [18:48:30] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
988: [18:58:29] * DesignerX quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
989: [19:03:55] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
990: [19:10:37] * Motoservo quit (Quit: Motoservo)
991: [19:14:34] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
992: [19:15:30] * bubaphex has joined #silverstripe
993: [19:18:48] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
994: [19:28:13] * Stomach quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
995: [19:32:34] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
996: [19:36:40] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
997: [19:41:32] * gurubobnz has joined #silverstripe
998: [19:45:50] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
999: [19:45:52] * HeartlandTechie has joined #silverstripe
1000: [19:48:23] <HeartlandTechie> Jumping back into SS after being away for awhile, found the SilverSmith stuff . .. is that applicable still? It seems to be a bit dead and the examples are horribly broken from what I have seen.
1001: [19:50:07] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
1002: [19:50:42] * joelpitt_ quit ()
1003: [19:52:43] <catcher> HeartlandTechie, not sure, but I've seen UncleCheese around here recently, he may show up.
1004: [20:06:50] * zippy__ has joined #silverstripe
1005: [20:07:18] * HeartlandTechie quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
1006: [20:07:31] * Motoservo has joined #silverstripe
1007: [20:10:49] * Blablub quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
1008: [20:11:44] <Ryan-Toast> Morning, fellahs
1009: [20:11:50] <Stomach> how do
1010: [20:12:11] <Ryan-Toast> Pretty good. 4 day week this week, woo
1011: [20:12:15] <simon_w> Someone should full up my drink bottle for me
1012: [20:12:32] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
1013: [20:12:49] <catcher> hey hey
1014: [20:15:33] <simon_w> Mmm, hay
1015: [20:19:08] * SphereSilverNL quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1016: [20:21:14] <Stomach> I want a four day week
1017: [20:21:49] <UncleCheese> You want an 80% pay check, too? Shouldn't be too hard.
1018: [20:22:22] <Stomach> it is though
1019: [20:22:28] <Stomach> I bet you cant find me a four day a week job
1020: [20:22:38] <Stomach> at 80% of my pay
1021: [20:23:08] <lewellyn> only 80%? yup. i bet i can't.
1022: [20:23:16] <lewellyn> unless you really suck at being an escort. ;)
1023: [20:23:22] <Stomach> hahaha
1024: [20:23:25] <Stomach> I'm the best
1025: [20:23:27] <Stomach> ;)
1026: [20:27:26] <Ryan-Toast> I'd work 4 days a week for 80% of my pay.
1027: [20:27:34] <Ryan-Toast> That would be awesome./
1028: [20:27:46] <Ryan-Toast> I'd take off wednesdays
1029: [20:27:53] <Stomach> I'd take thursdays off
1030: [20:28:02] <Ryan-Toast> Why thursdays?
1031: [20:28:05] <Stomach> fridays pretty casual
1032: [20:28:18] <Stomach> and I like wednesday nights
1033: [20:28:24] <Ryan-Toast> Fair enough
1034: [20:28:58] <Ryan-Toast> Haven't seen antmas for awhile. Did he go on holiday?
1035: [20:30:04] * gelignite has joined #silverstripe
1036: [20:30:27] <zippy__> mmmm true I havn't seen himeither
1037: [20:32:27] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: Out of interest, doing a layout + home page all into SS (with CMS items as needed), how long does that take you, based off a png/psd
1038: [20:33:03] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: Depends on the complexity, but usually ~6-10 hours.
1039: [20:33:24] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: Just for layout + homepage?
1040: [20:33:36] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: No styling?
1041: [20:33:45] <Ryan-Toast> I'm talking about the whole site.
1042: [20:33:50] <Ryan-Toast> Start to finish.
1043: [20:33:50] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: yeap so home page styled as well….
1044: [20:34:11] <zippy__> Ryan-Toast: Just the header, footer and home page - no 'general' pages or contact page or anything
1045: [20:34:33] <Ryan-Toast> Well if it's a straight forward psd, then like 2 hours?
1046: [20:34:45] <Ryan-Toast> Again, all depends on the design.
1047: [20:38:41] <zippy__> ok, I think im about 6 hours - my code standards are a bit up the wop :P Using some #Ids as selectors for styles, and some .UpperCase and some .lowercase - so needs a bit of tweaking… it's pretty tedious this :)
1048: [20:41:08] <Ryan-Toast> zippy__: uppercase and lowercase...
1049: [20:41:10] <Ryan-Toast> no.
1050: [20:41:12] <Ryan-Toast> bad zippy
1051: [20:41:16] <zippy__> heheh I know I know
1052: [20:41:23] <zippy__> will convert to lowercase
1053: [20:41:27] <zippy__> was just in two minds
1054: [20:41:47] <Ryan-Toast> Done this site since I've been here. so an hour and 40 minutes: http://i.imgur.com/oVUfvp2.gif
1055: [20:42:11] <zippy__> yea but, thats cos your a guru
1056: [20:42:20] <Ryan-Toast> Well it's my job :P
1057: [20:42:33] <Ryan-Toast> And I use my boilerplate which saves a shitload of time
1058: [20:42:35] <zippy__> what plugin did you use for the menu, pretty snaz
1059: [20:42:41] <Ryan-Toast> No plugin.
1060: [20:42:50] <zippy__> I might have to look into that, what was the github for that again
1061: [20:43:07] <Ryan-Toast> https://github.com/Rhym/ss_boilerplate
1062: [20:43:42] * zippy__ bookmarks that with his memory… again
1063: [20:43:46] <Ryan-Toast> lol
1064: [20:44:47] <Ryan-Toast> You could use the theme independent of the Boilerplate Module, but you'll have to strip out some includes
1065: [20:46:29] <Ryan-Toast> Would be cool to get some more people using it for some feedback, and feature requests etc
1066: [20:46:57] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
1067: [20:50:59] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
1068: [20:57:58] * Sj0hn has joined #silverstripe
1069: [20:59:41] * loose_seal has joined #silverstripe
1070: [21:31:05] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1071: [21:41:06] * Desperate has joined #silverstripe
1072: [21:41:25] <Desperate> hi everyone can I request help in herE?
1073: [21:41:53] <Ryan-Toast> Yarp
1074: [21:41:53] * loose_seal quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
1075: [21:42:20] <Desperate> i'm trying t customise my cms
1076: [21:42:26] <Desperate> *to
1077: [21:42:51] <Ryan-Toast> what's your problem?
1078: [21:43:01] <Desperate> I want to give the fields in the cms their own meaningful names rather than the dataobject column fields
1079: [21:43:18] <Desperate> can i post my code in here
1080: [21:43:25] <Ryan-Toast> Post it to sspaste
1081: [21:43:29] <simon_w> Desperate, is this in a ModelAdmin?
1082: [21:43:33] <Ryan-Toast> http://www.sspaste.com/
1083: [21:44:39] <Desperate> http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/5314f45ef01ea
1084: [21:45:06] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
1085: [21:45:15] <simon_w> Desperate, you want the fieldLabels() method. Have a look at the Member one to see how to do it: http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/source-class-Member.html#1326-1350
1086: [21:46:25] <Desperate> but I'm sure I did this previously using the method I in my paste
1087: [21:46:47] <simon_w> Desperate, yes, you can do it with getCMSFields, but then you need to rebuild each of the form fields
1088: [21:47:14] <Desperate> ok I'd liek to use that method initially
1089: [21:47:51] <Desperate> the structure of my models is a 'NewsHolder' which contains a' News' page
1090: [21:48:03] <simon_w> Desperate, then you'd do something like $fields->replaceField('Author', new TextField('Author', 'Item Author'))
1091: [21:48:09] <Desperate> and the News page has a dataobject which is a NewsItem
1092: [21:48:22] <simon_w> Or just $fields->renameField('Author', 'Item Author')
1093: [21:48:34] <Desperate> and it's correct to be doing it on the NewsItem (dataobject right?
1094: [21:48:40] <simon_w> Yes
1095: [21:49:53] <Desperate> ok so I've done that, done a rebuild clicked off pages, clicked back but I don't see the new label
1096: [21:50:57] <simon_w> Can you update your pastie?
1097: [21:51:38] <Desperate> http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/5314f6027aec5
1098: [21:52:23] <simon_w> Try using renameField
1099: [21:53:16] <Desperate> do i have to flush?
1100: [21:54:08] <simon_w> No
1101: [21:55:38] * gelignite quit (Quit: http://bit.ly/nkczDT)
1102: [21:57:21] <Desperate> i'm perplexed that the basics can be so challenging
1103: [21:57:49] <Desperate> renameField also does not work
1104: [22:02:51] <Desperate> is there a steep learning curve with SS... I come from a php programming background with over 10 years evepreince yet every time I try soemthing I sepnd hours troubleshooting
1105: [22:03:13] <Desperate> it can't be any more elementary than renming a filed
1106: [22:03:16] <Desperate> *field
1107: [22:03:53] * nickmolhoek has joined #silverstripe
1108: [22:03:58] <catcher> Desperate, $fields->dataFieldByName('YourField')->setTitle('New Title');
1109: [22:05:07] <Desperate> thanks catcher.. that also does not work
1110: [22:06:16] * DimiStripe has joined #silverstripe
1111: [22:06:18] <Ryan-Toast> "Ryan, can you just remake the front-end of this site?" Umm, yeah I suppose but only if the backend coding is up to par. "Oh yes, the backend is perfect we had it made a little over a year ago." Oka then, I'll just download your site and have a look - ... Oh good, everything's hard coded ><
1112: [22:06:50] <catcher> Desperate, always works for me, is it possible you're not editing the right model?
1113: [22:07:10] <DimiStripe> Guys need help on SS 2.4 (Post 2.4 on PHP 5.4 )
1114: [22:07:15] <DimiStripe> on Files Sync it brings
1115: [22:07:17] <DimiStripe> [User Error] Uncaught ValidationException: Validation error writing a RedirectorPage object: Page type "Redirector Page" not allowed as child of this parent page. Object not written.
1116: [22:07:54] <Desperate> i'm 100% editing the correct model.. my project is very small
1117: [22:08:18] <zippy__> DimiStripe: That appears your tyrying to add a RedirectorPage to a page which doesn't allow that
1118: [22:08:34] <zippy__> DimiStripe: Also, for php 5.4 please make sure your using the latest SS 2.4
1119: [22:08:40] <zippy__> wow, ss 3.1.3 is out!
1120: [22:08:53] <DimiStripe> zippy__: yes i've got post-2.4 from git
1121: [22:08:59] <Ryan-Toast> Yarp, it has some issues though, doesn't it?
1122: [22:09:01] <catcher> Desperate, try returning null to be sure your changes are taking, the fields should disappear.
1123: [22:09:01] <DimiStripe> and the error comes form /dev/tasks/FilesystemSyncTask
1124: [22:09:21] <DimiStripe> zippy__: and the error comes form /dev/tasks/FilesystemSyncTask
1125: [22:11:10] <Desperate> here is my updated paste.. http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/5314fa8b8030a
1126: [22:11:19] <Desperate> the fields are still there
1127: [22:11:24] <DimiStripe> zippy__: same error comes from /admin/assets/sync
1128: [22:13:20] * ObiWanSh_ has joined #silverstripe
1129: [22:14:45] * PapaBearNZ has joined #silverstripe
1130: [22:15:25] <DimiStripe> zippy__: if i create a Redirector page in CMS it shows that error... :/ hmm
1131: [22:15:48] * ObiWanShanobi quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
1132: [22:15:59] <PapaBearNZ> Hi all... how can I add a "Not Null" constraint to a field in a DO?
1133: [22:17:04] <Desperate> ok I go tit working... I'm embarrased to admit i was editing my local files and testing on my dev
1134: [22:17:33] <simon_w> PapaBearNZ, what sort of field?
1135: [22:18:09] <Desperate> so my next question is how do I make a field a wysiwyg html editor, is that possible/
1136: [22:18:21] <simon_w> Desperate, HtmlEditorField
1137: [22:18:29] <simon_w> Desperate, make sure you're saving it into a HTMLText
1138: [22:19:54] <Desperate> $fields->HtmlEditorField('Body') ?
1139: [22:20:27] <catcher> Desperate, if your field is HTMLText, it'll be automatically scaffolded as an HTMLEditorField.
1140: [22:20:30] <simon_w> Desperate, since you're using the scaffolder, just change the field type from Text to HTMLText
1141: [22:20:35] <PapaBearNZ> simon_w: Mainly booleans and ints
1142: [22:20:53] <catcher> Desperate, if you need to add it, $fields->push(HTMLEditorField::create('whatever'));
1143: [22:21:00] <simon_w> PapaBearNZ, both are not null
1144: [22:21:05] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: UncleCheese)
1145: [22:24:06] <PapaBearNZ> simon_w: In this project we are using Postgres - sorry I should have mentioned that. The int fields and the booleans have a default value but not a "not null" constraint. eg: "IndefiniteAccessFlag" smallint DEFAULT 0, "IDUserLogicalGrantor" integer DEFAULT 0, "IDUserLogicalModifier" integer DEFAULT 0, "CanViewProduction" smallint DEFAULT 0,
1146: [22:25:45] <PapaBearNZ> The smallints are the postgres module implementation of booleans.
1147: [22:27:11] <Desperate> if I want to make an exisiting field 'Body' a textfield...
1148: [22:27:13] <Desperate> $fields->addFieldToTab('Main', new HTNMLField('Body'), 'Content');
1149: [22:27:31] <Desperate> sorry an HTML field
1150: [22:28:08] <simon_w> PapaBearNZ, you'll need to change the PostgresSQLDatabase to correctly set not null in int() and boolean()
1151: [22:28:36] <catcher> Desperate, is Body an HTMLText field?
1152: [22:28:42] <simon_w> Desperate, For that case, $fields->replaceField('Body', new HTNMLEditorField('Body'));
1153: [22:28:48] * EasyCo has joined #silverstripe
1154: [22:28:57] <Desperate> I can make it an html field yes
1155: [22:28:57] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
1156: [22:29:01] <Desperate> that's recommend right?
1157: [22:29:10] <simon_w> Desperate, if you want it to actually output as HTML
1158: [22:29:34] <PapaBearNZ> simon_w: Is tehre an easy way to do this from winthin SS or will I need to user a DataExtension or custom code something? Is there a hook that is called after the tables are updated during a build that I could tap into?
1159: [22:30:09] <Desperate> I simply want to be able to ,let the user post content with paragraphs
1160: [22:30:19] <simon_w> PapaBearNZ, return "integer{$values['arrayValue']}" . $default; needs to be changed
1161: [22:30:34] <simon_w> Desperate, a Text type will should do that for you
1162: [22:31:03] <simon_w> Desperate, it'll turn newlines into <br /> tags
1163: [22:32:08] <Desperate> with body as type text this gives me a server error
1164: [22:32:08] <Desperate> $fields->replaceField('Body', new HTNMLEditorField('Body'));
1165: [22:34:51] * DimiStripe quit (Quit: Page closed)
1166: [22:36:40] <Desperate> ahh this worked
1167: [22:36:41] <Desperate> $fields->replaceField('Body', new HTMLEditorField('Body'));
1168: [22:37:32] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1169: [22:37:50] <Desperate> ok so my last question... I want to allow users to uplaod images. Is it possible to have a selection tool that enables the suer to choose files previously uploaded to assets
1170: [22:38:06] <Desperate> or is the approach to provide a file select for uplaod?
1171: [22:38:38] <Desperate> they should be able to do this on the same xms page that I am currently working on
1172: [22:39:40] <Ryan-Toast> Desperate: I would us a FileUpload field
1173: [22:40:11] <Desperate> will this go into assets by default?
1174: [22:40:37] <Ryan-Toast> It will go into Uploads, but you can specify the folder
1175: [22:40:56] * SMaction has joined #silverstripe
1176: [22:42:20] <Desperate> ohhh I just tried that... looks very neat
1177: [22:42:29] <Ryan-Toast> Yarp :)
1178: [22:43:25] <Desperate> however when i click to upload form files I get: I can't handle sub-URLs of a Form object.
1179: [22:46:36] <Sj0hn> how come the meta-keywords has content: "1" on a fresh install ?
1180: [22:48:01] <simon_w> Sj0hn, metakeywords shouldn't exist on a fresh install
1181: [22:50:20] <Desperate> when i choose a local fiel to uplaod I select and ok then I get an error "file cannot be found"
1182: [22:50:27] <Sj0hn> hmm... i thought so, not sure what module adds it xD
1183: [22:51:02] <Desperate> actually it says "Not Found"
1184: [22:52:53] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1185: [22:52:53] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2069 (3.1 - 697a010 : Simon Welsh): The build has errored.
1186: [22:52:53] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/78678acdadb2...697a010e5a7a
1187: [22:52:53] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/20012984
1188: [22:52:53] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1189: [22:58:50] <Desperate> i think the problem maybe related to file permissions
1190: [22:59:07] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
1191: [22:59:15] <Desperate> i can't look into that...
1192: [22:59:25] <Desperate> can i store the name of the file which I have uploaded
1193: [23:00:35] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1194: [23:00:36] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2070 (3.1 - 4f0ee92 : Simon Welsh): The build passed.
1195: [23:00:36] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/697a010e5a7a...4f0ee925d194
1196: [23:00:36] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/20013031
1197: [23:00:36] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1198: [23:01:22] <Desperate> or I guess my real question is how do I make a relationship between the file I have uploaded and my content
1199: [23:01:33] <Desperate> my thoughs were to store the filename in the db
1200: [23:01:41] <Desperate> and the file itself in the uploads folder
1201: [23:02:03] <Desperate> but I need to grab the filename and store it when the file has been uploaded
1202: [23:05:38] * catcher quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
1203: [23:11:05] <simon_w> Desperate, just add a has_one to File
1204: [23:12:03] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
1205: [23:12:03] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#2071 (3.1 - ccb7919 : Simon Welsh): The build passed.
1206: [23:12:03] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/4f0ee925d194...ccb791995e8a
1207: [23:12:03] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/20013065
1208: [23:12:03] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
1209: [23:15:37] <howardgrigg> Desperate: check out http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/2-extending-a-basic-site#adding-a-staff-section
1210: [23:18:24] <Desperate> When I try to save my content which uses the html editor I get a white screen
1211: [23:18:30] <Desperate> remove it and it saves
1212: [23:18:49] <Desperate> I made the field type HTMLText
1213: [23:18:53] <Desperate> and also just text
1214: [23:20:00] <howardgrigg> Desperate: sounds like an error - paste your code online so we can see it
1215: [23:21:07] <Desperate> http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/53150af2cf478
1216: [23:22:04] <Desperate> @simon_w add has_one to Page.php?
1217: [23:24:58] <Stomach> do you have a News class?
1218: [23:25:21] <Stomach> a has_one should have a reciprocal $has_one or $has_many on the class its referencing
1219: [23:31:14] <Desperate> ok so the approach os to create a relationship between the content and the images... that makes sense
1220: [23:31:45] <Desperate> so when it came to displaying the image on the front end... do i need to make sure that I join the content table to the image table to get the file name?
1221: [23:32:21] <Desperate> sorry the file table
1222: [23:35:10] <howardgrigg> Desperate: it sounds like you really need to do the tutorials... to use the image in the template of the NewsItem just put $NewsImage (or whatever you named the relation)
1223: [23:36:13] <Desperate> that's neat
1224: [23:36:26] <Desperate> i have been through the templates a few weeks back
1225: [23:36:51] <Desperate> it was all a bit abstract then, i should probably look back over them yes
1226: [23:37:14] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: UncleCheese)
1227: [23:37:58] <Desperate> where is the relationship named?
1228: [23:38:35] <howardgrigg> the key of the has_one array
1229: [23:38:59] <Desperate> ah yes that makes sense
1230: [23:39:26] <Desperate> so Im nearly there... just need to figure out why my htmltextfield is giving me a white screen when i save the content
1231: [23:39:36] <Desperate> $fields->replaceField('Body', new HTMLEditorField('Body'));
1232: [23:39:44] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
1233: [23:41:29] <Desperate> it seems the problem is because i used 'body' twice
1234: [23:42:47] <howardgrigg> what are you replacing? wouldn't it already be an HTMLEditorfield
1235: [23:43:16] <Desperate> it's a text field
1236: [23:43:23] <Desperate> i want to make a texthtmleditor
1237: [23:43:34] <Desperate> htmleditorfield
1238: [23:52:22] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: UncleCheese)
1239: [23:58:47] <ss23> I hate the bell character
1240: [23:59:22] <Desperate> here is a strange problem... I have modified the structure of dataobject
1241: [23:59:37] <Desperate> when i rebuild I don't se the changes in my table structure
1242: [23:59:51] <Desperate> even if i manually drop the table
1243: [23:59:55] <simon_w> You need to flush too

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.