#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 5 August 2013

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:03:07] * ShadeFrozen quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
2: [00:04:33] * micmania2 quit (Quit: Leaving)
3: [00:05:39] <Pyromanik> urgh namespaces, you trolls
4: [00:05:48] <Pyromanik> how does it even.
5: [00:06:01] <Pyromanik> namespaces legit since php 5.3 right?
6: [00:07:10] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
7: [00:07:35] <Colin[pi]> morning all
8: [00:07:49] <ss23> Yeah, Pyromanik
9: [00:07:51] <ss23> Well, "legit" :P
10: [00:07:57] <Pyromanik> mic... only in dev mode. They get combined and min'd in normal operation :<
11: [00:08:01] * Peavers quit ()
12: [00:08:20] <Pyromanik> moroning Colin[pi]
13: [00:08:32] <ss23> moin Colin[pi]!
14: [00:08:38] <Colin[pi]> :D
15: [00:08:55] <Pyromanik> so much namespacing...
16: [00:08:57] <Pyromanik> https://github.com/heyday/silverstripe-wkhtml
17: [00:09:09] <Pyromanik> new \Heyday\SilverStripe\WkHtml\Input\Viewer(
18: [00:09:17] <ss23> NEEDS MORE
19: [00:09:45] <Colin[pi]> yuck
20: [00:09:51] <Pyromanik> :q
21: [00:10:19] <Pyromanik> the hunger
22: [00:10:23] <Pyromanik> it bites
23: [00:13:07] * chillu quit (Quit: chillu)
24: [00:18:58] <Pyromanik> so
25: [00:19:02] <Pyromanik> when someone offers a module
26: [00:19:08] <Pyromanik> and the only way to install it is with compower
27: [00:19:16] <Pyromanik> composer*
28: [00:19:30] <Pyromanik> but you have pre-existing sites that aren't in composer...
29: [00:19:38] <Pyromanik> what do?
30: [00:19:42] <Pyromanik> I'd like to install this manually
31: [00:19:57] <Pyromanik> https://github.com/heyday/silverstripe-wkhtml/tree/1.0
32: [00:20:09] <Pyromanik> (yes, 2.4 site :< )
33: [00:21:28] <Colin[pi]> 2.4 still goes alright ;P
34: [00:23:02] * DigNZ1 has joined #silverstripe
35: [00:23:03] * DigNZ1 quit (Remote host closed the connection)
36: [00:23:23] * DigNZ1 has joined #silverstripe
37: [00:23:32] <Pyromanik> well...
38: [00:25:29] * SightUnseen has joined #silverstripe
39: [00:25:31] * SightUnseen has left #silverstripe
40: [00:28:18] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
41: [00:29:16] * metanat has joined #silverstripe
42: [00:30:20] <UncleCheese> \Namespacing\Can\Never\Be\Too\Verbose
43: [00:30:32] <metanat> The SilverStripe part of the namespace should be dropped in the WkHtml module
44: [00:30:56] <Colin[pi]> \Could\The\PHP
45: [00:31:01] <Colin[pi]> \Namespacing\Scheme
46: [00:31:01] <UncleCheese> +1
47: [00:31:03] <metanat> An oversight on my part.
48: [00:31:08] <Colin[pi]> \Be\More\Ugly?
49: [00:31:17] <Stomach> but how do we know its for silverstripe then :(
50: [00:31:30] <metanat> haha
51: [00:32:01] <metanat> Maybe the Heyday namespace should be Hdy?
52: [00:32:15] <UncleCheese> \Namespaced\PHPClass\CMS\SilverStripe\Module\Heyday\Model
53: [00:32:21] <Stomach> \Dnt\B\2\Vrbse\mtant
54: [00:32:46] <metanat> namespacing is an issue in PHP, but in my opinion the need for namespacing in general outweighs the ugliness
55: [00:32:59] <Stomach> I like namespaces
56: [00:33:03] <Colin[pi]> \Dat\Backslash
57: [00:33:04] <metanat> \Ill\Try\Not\Be\Stomach
58: [00:33:05] <Stomach> because PHPstorm sorts my shit out for me
59: [00:33:22] <metanat> Use does.
60: [00:33:23] <Colin[pi]> php as a whole is a giant mess, I guess namespaces try to help
61: [00:33:34] <UncleCheese> yeah, true
62: [00:33:36] <metanat> namespaces do help.
63: [00:36:53] <Colin[pi]> qn.. I want to implement an easy to use "shutdown switch" for an SS site, i.e. SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING and display a message
64: [00:37:05] <Colin[pi]> should that be an Apache thing, or can I do it in SS itselg?
65: [00:37:08] <Colin[pi]> *itself
66: [00:37:14] <Stomach> you can do it with apache
67: [00:37:29] <willr_> Colin[pi] theres a maintenance mode module if you want to od it at an SS level
68: [00:37:55] <metanat> You can do things like this at least, use Heyday\SilverStripe\WkHtml as W;
69: [00:38:03] <Colin[pi]> o rly? lemme google
70: [00:38:10] <metanat> Then new W\Input\String;
71: [00:38:13] <metanat> But yeah..
72: [00:40:09] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
73: [00:40:21] <ss23> Ah, government departments calling me and stuff
74: [00:40:33] <ss23> Where is Peavers when you wanna talk about gov!
75: [00:45:46] <simon_w> namespaces are more pain than they're worth :p
76: [00:46:34] <Stomach> one hopes thats fighting talk, not a serious statement :D
77: [00:46:48] <simon_w> It's serious
78: [00:46:56] <Stomach> well, you're wrong
79: [00:46:59] <Stomach> :)
80: [00:47:05] <metanat> simon_w: until someone names something HTTPRequest :)
81: [00:47:06] <simon_w> No, I'm not
82: [00:47:13] <Stomach> Yes, you are
83: [00:47:19] <Colin[pi]> yeah but remember the "OH I'LL ADD A CLASS CALLED DATE TO THE CORE LOL" moment committed by Derick Rethans?
84: [00:47:31] <Colin[pi]> namespaces would have prevented that
85: [00:47:32] <ss23> I second what simon_w said
86: [00:47:33] <ss23> :D
87: [00:47:50] <simon_w> namespaces in general are good. PHP's are not.
88: [00:47:56] <ss23> Colin[pi]: What if someone said "lol we'll make 'foo' a keyword!"
89: [00:48:00] <Stomach> thats not what you said
90: [00:48:12] <simon_w> Stomach, context is good.
91: [00:48:12] <Stomach> but yes, I agree that they aren't good
92: [00:48:38] <metanat> simon_w: Yep, the PHP implementation isn't that nice.
93: [00:48:39] <Stomach> simon_w indeed it is, which is why namespaces are great
94: [00:48:45] * Bollig|DesignCty has joined #silverstripe
95: [00:48:57] <Colin[pi]> some of the decisions made by the php core sometimes make me go "Wtf?"
96: [00:49:02] <metanat> Let's talk about PSR-0 autoloaders
97: [00:49:08] <metanat> :)
98: [00:49:16] <metanat> I'm sure you are up for that discussion simon_w
99: [00:49:29] <simon_w> I had to deal with one of those. The class I was trying to load couldn't be found
100: [00:49:32] <ss23> haha metanat
101: [00:49:56] <simon_w> Let's all make our autoloaders case-sensitive!
102: [00:50:10] <metanat> I like PSR-0, except for fucking single class per file...
103: [00:50:17] <metanat> Such a shitty solution
104: [00:50:38] <simon_w> metanat, new HttpRequest or new HTTPRequest. Which one works? :p
105: [00:50:57] <metanat> But, OMG not having a manifest like in SS, beautiful
106: [00:51:07] <metanat> (except for generated classmaps :))
107: [00:51:18] <simon_w> So, like SS's manifest? :p
108: [00:51:28] <metanat> simon_w: hahah depends what OS you are on
109: [00:51:43] <metanat> simon_w: Yep, hate the thing.
110: [00:51:56] <simon_w> metanat, also depends on your namespace and autoloader
111: [00:52:15] <simon_w> Packagist\Api\Client worked, Packagist\API\Client didn't, on standard HFS+
112: [00:52:25] <simon_w> And the SS manifest is a generated classmap :p
113: [00:55:31] <Colin[pi]> sigh.. another day, another email to a client threatening shutdown of the site because they haven't paid
114: [00:55:32] <metanat> simon_w: Just for production though. And we do dump-autoload -o in a deployment process
115: [01:00:15] <simon_w> What? The SS manifest is always a class map
116: [01:00:44] <metanat> But it can't autoload things that it doesn't yet know about
117: [01:00:55] <metanat> that is the downside IMO.
118: [01:01:03] <simon_w> Well, yeah. It's a class map.
119: [01:01:33] <metanat> With composers autoload at least it can still load things that aren't in the optimized classmap
120: [01:01:37] <simon_w> PSR-0 can't autoload things when you don't match the case exactly. That's more than just a downside
121: [01:02:02] <simon_w> Especially since it's only likely to completely screw you over in production
122: [01:02:04] <metanat> But, like I said, I fully acknowledge the other downsides. In particular IMO the single class per file problem
123: [01:02:28] <metanat> simon_w: I haven't had problems with that before. I just get the case correct
124: [01:03:36] <simon_w> I use the correct case too. It just don't match the case it was defined with.
125: [01:03:44] <Stomach> um.
126: [01:03:45] <Stomach> wat?
127: [01:04:00] <simon_w> Stomach, class/namespace names are case-insensitive. Every case is correct.
128: [01:04:22] <Stomach> then you cannot use the correct case
129: [01:04:31] <ss23> Ss_HttPREQuesT
130: [01:04:34] <ss23> :D
131: [01:04:48] <ss23> My arm is so sore from holding the phone for 15 mins
132: [01:04:50] * ss23 cries
133: [01:04:55] <metanat> :(
134: [01:04:57] <simon_w> ss23, amputate!
135: [01:05:01] <ss23> simon_w: Did you want lunch today btw?
136: [01:05:05] <ss23> I asked before you never answered
137: [01:05:06] <simon_w> ss23, yes
138: [01:05:09] <ss23> also, how the fuck is it 1pm already
139: [01:05:09] <simon_w> and yes I did
140: [01:05:13] <ss23> oic
141: [01:05:15] <ss23> I didn't see it
142: [01:05:22] <ss23> simon_w: kk, same as normal, I can wait till you're ready today ^.^
143: [01:05:23] <simon_w> [11:20:48] <simon_w> If I ever get off the phone :p
144: [01:05:52] <ss23> oic
145: [01:05:53] <ss23> :D
146: [01:06:13] <simon_w> I have no idea what offset SGT is, so haven't made the next call :p
147: [01:06:37] <ss23> +8!
148: [01:06:38] <ss23> :d
149: [01:06:41] <simon_w> Aha, it's just after 9 there
150: [01:06:42] <ss23> 4 hours behind us
151: [01:06:44] <ss23> must be...
152: [01:06:48] <ss23> 9am there
153: [01:06:49] <ss23> :D
154: [01:06:50] <simon_w> http://time.is/Singapore :p
155: [01:06:51] * ss23 l33t math
156: [01:07:00] <ss23> boom, right
157: [01:07:03] <simon_w> because time.is can't handle SGT
158: [01:13:14] <simon_w> Huzzah, <pr:form> sticks automatically sticks in a <pr:form:csrf /> which sticks in the hidden CSRF token
159: [01:15:15] <Pyromanik> 12:32 < metanat> Maybe the Heyday namespace should be Hdy?
160: [01:15:26] <Pyromanik> Then we could stop calling you Heyday and start calling you Heidi
161: [01:15:36] <metanat> :)
162: [01:15:51] <Pyromanik> so anyway, protips on manual install?
163: [01:16:20] <metanat> Of what?
164: [01:17:05] <Pyromanik> 12:37 < metanat> You can do things like this at least, use Heyday\SilverStripe\WkHtml as W;
165: [01:17:09] <Pyromanik> oh, pro tip, ta
166: [01:17:23] <metanat> :P
167: [01:18:20] <irogue> just the tip
168: [01:18:57] <Colin[pi]> lol
169: [01:19:13] <simon_w> Come on Pam, just the tip
170: [01:19:16] <metanat> again "Of what?" :P
171: [01:20:12] <ss23> Of my penis, metanat
172: [01:20:14] <ss23> Just the tip.
173: [01:20:20] <Pyromanik> metanat: wkhtml2pdf \Hdy\wk2pdf
174: [01:20:30] <Pyromanik> :P
175: [01:20:38] <Pyromanik> need to not composer
176: [01:20:53] <Pyromanik> confused about where to start, and also why the fuck is this aircon pumped up all the way to 24?
177: [01:21:55] <metanat> Pyromanik: Oh okay. You need to install a couple of things manually: https://github.com/heyday/silverstripe-wkhtml/blob/master/composer.json
178: [01:22:23] <irogue> AC in the server room is set to 20
179: [01:22:30] <irogue> a month ago i'd go in there to warm up
180: [01:22:34] <irogue> now it seems freezing in there
181: [01:23:06] <Pyromanik> metanat: so just wkhtml2pdf, and spliffy?
182: [01:23:16] <Pyromanik> snappy, my bad.
183: [01:23:53] <metanat> Yep. What OS are you on?
184: [01:23:59] <Pyromanik> are there issues around users, etc?
185: [01:24:05] <Pyromanik> (ie, does it use exec() ? )
186: [01:24:12] <Pyromanik> metanat: Ubuntu 12.04
187: [01:24:15] <Pyromanik> LTS
188: [01:25:21] <Pyromanik> hmm, actually users shouldn't affect, so long as user can execute executable.
189: [01:26:02] <simon_w> ss23, time to feed me!
190: [01:26:11] <Pyromanik> wine and dine!
191: [01:26:16] <metanat> It uses proc_open (Snappy does)
192: [01:26:19] <simon_w> Screw wine :p
193: [01:26:28] <metanat> It can optionally use Symfony Process
194: [01:26:38] <ss23> simon_w: how long? :O
195: [01:26:47] <simon_w> Hmm, 3 minutes
196: [01:26:54] <ss23> mmmk
197: [01:27:07] <Pyromanik> metanat: sounds complex. Less deps the better :D
198: [01:27:13] <metanat> Pyromanik: https://github.com/KnpLabs/snappy
199: [01:27:45] <metanat> Pyromanik: That is why people use composer. What is the reason you can't use composer
200: [01:27:48] <metanat> ?
201: [01:28:46] <metanat> Pyromanik: PM me if you get stuck :)
202: [01:29:40] <metanat> Also, feel free to feed back to me any improvements that could be made to the docs.
203: [01:33:14] <spronk> on PSR-0, single class per file is a massive strength
204: [01:34:04] <spronk> single class per file makes next gen IDE building a little easier
205: [01:42:54] * Stomach quit (Quit: Leaving.)
206: [01:46:27] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: UncleCheese)
207: [01:48:27] * SightUnseen1 has joined #silverstripe
208: [01:48:40] * SightUnseen1 has left #silverstripe
209: [01:49:10] * SightUnseen1 has joined #silverstripe
210: [01:49:14] * SightUnseen1 has left #silverstripe
211: [01:58:33] <Pyromanik> metanat: because composer is shit
212: [01:58:40] <Pyromanik> and the site already exists, is this a problem?
213: [01:59:14] * coldblooded01 quit (Quit: coldblooded01)
214: [02:01:25] <zippy__> omg this is a painful monday
215: [02:01:31] <zippy__> just got 0 energy
216: [02:01:49] <zippy__> might need to play some supreme commander..
217: [02:01:52] <Pyromanik> I ate a big lunch and then drank a big V. I feel bad now :<
218: [02:02:01] <Pyromanik> zippy__: the bonuses of being a freelancer eh?
219: [02:02:16] <zippy__> don't get paid for it thou :)
220: [02:02:27] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
221: [02:02:58] <Colin[pi]> zippy__: must admit my lunch time sometimes involves firing up Steam :)
222: [02:04:12] <metanat> Pyromanik: composer isn't shit IMO. It is a great benefit to the php community. If you think it is you might just have some learning to do.
223: [02:04:23] <Pyromanik> I do think it is.
224: [02:04:39] <Pyromanik> I've tried to learn, it just seems to me that composer is set up to cockblock users at every turn.
225: [02:05:02] <Pyromanik> It would be a fantastic tool if it did what it says on the box.
226: [02:05:07] <simon_w> metanat, it's not designed for the community and they keep showing that
227: [02:05:12] <Pyromanik> but it's like installing bleeding edge community.
228: [02:05:33] <Pyromanik> err bleeding edge alpha build *nix
229: [02:05:54] * ChaBuku has joined #silverstripe
230: [02:05:55] <metanat> I have been using composer successfully at heyday for over a year now. It is great for us and the way we share code. I wouldn't ever go back to they way we used to do things
231: [02:05:59] <Pyromanik> you're all like "YEAH, GREAT STUFF" then suddenly something crashes and you spend the next 5 days trying to fix the fautls.
232: [02:06:14] <Pyromanik> I had a site on composer once
233: [02:06:44] <Pyromanik> I updated something and it went and updated the entire codebase nearly destroying everything.
234: [02:07:10] <Colin[pi]> I'm old skool, I don
235: [02:07:12] <Colin[pi]> oops
236: [02:07:17] <Colin[pi]> dont usually like automagic stuff
237: [02:07:30] <Colin[pi]> took me a while even to trust /dev/build on SS :P
238: [02:07:40] <Pyromanik> I agree that composer would be fantastic if it just worked.
239: [02:08:22] <Pyromanik> but it doesn't. If you have the time and the patience to spend the 46+ hours learning it inside and out so you know how to fix it when something extremely obscure goes wrong, then I'm sure it's probably not that bad.
240: [02:08:27] <metanat> It is a shame that your experiences are so different to mine. Well, if you ever need help with something composer related give us a shout.
241: [02:08:38] <Pyromanik> yeah, I'd like to learn more about it
242: [02:08:54] <Pyromanik> but it seems like one of those tools that's all "We do it for you - so long as you do it our way"
243: [02:09:00] <metanat> First start would be igor's articles
244: [02:09:05] <Pyromanik> so doesn't flexibility
245: [02:09:10] <Pyromanik> metanat: link?
246: [02:09:18] <metanat> https://igor.io/2013/01/07/composer-versioning.html
247: [02:09:20] <simon_w> Second would be --no-dev everything
248: [02:09:23] <metanat> https://igor.io/2013/02/07/composer-stability-flags.html
249: [02:09:38] <simon_w> And then tell require to not install, ever
250: [02:09:44] <Pyromanik> basically
251: [02:09:48] <Pyromanik> so much configuration
252: [02:09:52] <metanat> Those two articles will help a lot I suspect.
253: [02:09:52] <Pyromanik> so much breakage.
254: [02:10:01] <Pyromanik> and don't forget, never ever use it on windows.
255: [02:10:25] <simon_w> Oh yes, and you're screwed if you don't have phar support
256: [02:10:39] <metanat> hmm? you can use composer without phar
257: [02:11:00] <metanat> You just clone the composer repo and use bin/composer
258: [02:11:12] <irogue> also never use composer on a slow internet connection
259: [02:11:45] <Pyromanik> basically just never use composer unless you like problems.
260: [02:11:46] * Shrike_Finland quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
261: [02:12:08] <Pyromanik> or you love installing symfony for every project that doesn't even require it
262: [02:12:15] <simon_w> Oh, and don't ssl your things
263: [02:12:28] <metanat> Yeah just budle your software with its deps in it. thats a good solution...
264: [02:12:31] <metanat> bundle
265: [02:12:34] <Pyromanik> or put them on github
266: [02:12:41] <Pyromanik> because then you need permission to git@github
267: [02:12:57] <Pyromanik> metanat: nah, just tell people to install the deps.
268: [02:13:00] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
269: [02:13:07] <Pyromanik> list them, like no SS developer ever did.
270: [02:13:13] <Pyromanik> ss module dev*
271: [02:13:54] <Pyromanik> I find people with enough brain to know where to get modules from have enough brain to handle deps provided they've got clear instructions.
272: [02:14:29] <Pyromanik> I'd love for something like composer to work how I want it to
273: [02:14:33] <Pyromanik> but it just doesn't.
274: [02:15:14] <Pyromanik> I like the idea, but I think the project is too green or somethign.
275: [02:15:45] <Pyromanik> kinda like how lots of people use 3.0 still instead of 3.1, because stability, etc.
276: [02:16:05] <Colin[pi]> I use 2.4 because of stability :P
277: [02:16:38] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
278: [02:18:19] <simon_w> metanat, also, have fun getting https://svn.pocketrent.com/public/twitter/trunk/ to work in composer :p
279: [02:18:31] <simon_w> (or any of the modules we host there)
280: [02:18:59] * DigNZ1 quit (Quit: DigNZ1)
281: [02:19:50] <simon_w> yes, it's a perfectly valid composer.json and setup, no it's not on packagist, no I can't add it to packagist.
282: [02:21:21] <Pyromanik> yeah, private repos cause me confusion, but I'm not about to bag because I'm sure composer must support, no?
283: [02:21:34] <simon_w> Pyromanik, has nothing to do with private repos
284: [02:21:45] <Pyromanik> right, yeah
285: [02:21:54] <Pyromanik> taht's your ssl issue right?
286: [02:22:28] <simon_w> Yup
287: [02:25:31] <simon_w> Current options I've been given: switch to git, turn off SSL
288: [02:25:34] <simon_w> Both stupid
289: [02:31:21] <spronk> yeah...
290: [02:31:26] <spronk> composer is a bit stupid sometimes
291: [02:31:33] <spronk> and on windows it's just a bag of hurt, but hey
292: [02:31:45] <Pyromanik> concur with the bag of hurt
293: [02:31:57] <Pyromanik> couldn't even create-project silverstripe/installer
294: [02:33:07] <spronk> git doesn't work on cifs mounted filesystems in linux, so i can't run composer from my vms
295: [02:33:15] <spronk> and windows composer (or it might just be git) fucks up permissions
296: [02:33:21] <irogue> "some German tourists were heading north of Auckland when they spied the Rosedale sewage treatment ponds and thought 'What a lovely lake for a swim'. They climbed the fence and, in this case, the cavalry did not arrive in time!"
297: [02:33:25] <irogue> ewwwwww
298: [02:33:43] <spronk> laaaaaaaawl
299: [02:38:26] <ss23> ewwww irogue ;_;
300: [02:40:04] <Colin[pi]> well german's have some pretty weird fetishes, right?
301: [02:40:07] <Colin[pi]> ;D
302: [02:42:31] <Pyromanik> http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/7/25/6/enhanced-buzz-29679-1374746529-18.jpg
303: [02:43:00] <Pyromanik> oh my what
304: [02:43:07] <Pyromanik> the smell didn't give it away?
305: [02:45:28] <Colin[pi]> lol gg impartial media: http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/08/05/1226691/328237-front-page-art.jpg
306: [02:46:29] <ss23> AU politics is lulz
307: [02:46:44] <Colin[pi]> whole thing is a joke
308: [02:47:13] <ss23> This HTML5 music player is *really* bad
309: [02:47:17] <ss23> like, worse than the one I made in 30 mins
310: [02:47:24] <ss23> Worse because this one cuts out all the time, and mine worked :<
311: [02:47:27] <Pyromanik> <audio></audio>
312: [02:47:29] <Pyromanik> done?
313: [02:47:34] <ss23> Need buttons man!
314: [02:47:38] <ss23> next, previous, apuse, stop!
315: [02:47:46] <Pyromanik> sif, let the browser shadowdom it
316: [02:47:48] <ss23> Though mine had a nice drag slider thing to navigate to a different part of the sogn, this one is too shit for that
317: [02:47:52] <ss23> :<
318: [02:47:59] <Pyromanik> sogn!
319: [02:48:19] <Pyromanik> http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/7/25/6/enhanced-buzz-29278-1374748083-4.jpg
320: [02:48:26] <Pyromanik> I like this page.
321: [02:48:28] <Pyromanik> http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/28-things-only-developers-will-find-funny
322: [02:48:32] <Pyromanik> especially the last one
323: [02:48:46] <Pyromanik> because if I could, I'd do it to the programmer who made buzzfeed.
324: [02:49:29] <Pyromanik> OH HAY, LETS MAKE ALL THE IMAGES src="trans.png" bf:bullshit_nonstandard_src_attr="actualimagesrc.png"
325: [02:49:34] <Pyromanik> then we can load them all with JS!
326: [02:49:40] <Pyromanik> o.0
327: [02:49:53] <Pyromanik> why would you not just use normal src?
328: [02:50:05] <Pyromanik> to force me to turn JS on?
329: [02:50:10] <Pyromanik> so you can track my every move? F OFF
330: [02:50:27] <Pyromanik> i'm in yo src view'n yo imgs
331: [02:50:32] <Pyromanik> without your crap JS
332: [02:51:55] <Pyromanik> dear internet, stop using JS for no good reason.
333: [02:53:23] <UncleCheese> Pyromanik: it's so that it's not easy for people to right-click and save the image
334: [02:54:07] <ss23> Because screw personal freedom
335: [02:54:10] * ss23 puts Pyromanik into a jail
336: [02:55:31] <irogue> UncleCheese: even if that *was* a good idea to try and do (which its not, cos people who're likely to reuse the image know how to get around it)... theres better ways to do it
337: [02:55:57] <irogue> e.g. put the image as css background, have a 1x1 transparent gif/png stretched to the right size in front of it
338: [02:56:03] <irogue> no JS required!
339: [02:56:15] <ss23> mv www/ old-but-not-oldest-www
340: [02:56:17] <ss23> oh yeah
341: [02:56:25] <ss23> I feel sorry for the next person to touch this server.
342: [02:56:27] <irogue> hahaha
343: [02:56:37] <irogue> i have so many www-20130522 type folders
344: [02:57:50] * Colin[pi] is also guilty
345: [02:58:28] * Bollig|DesignCty has left #silverstripe
346: [02:58:35] * Bollig|DesignCty has joined #silverstripe
347: [02:58:36] <ss23> 14:58:31 up 6 days, 10:18, 1 user, load average: 0.56, 0.24, 0.08
348: [02:58:38] <ss23> oh yeha
349: [02:58:41] <ss23> lets see how high I can get the load
350: [02:58:41] <ss23> :D
351: [02:59:16] <ss23> fuckkkkkk
352: [02:59:19] <ss23> forgot to copy over assets folder
353: [02:59:25] * ss23 hopes no one visits the site in the next 5 mins
354: [02:59:25] <ss23> ;_;
355: [02:59:26] <Colin[pi]> lol
356: [02:59:30] <ss23> it took literally 5 mins to copy over the assets before
357: [02:59:33] <ss23> I should've symlinked
358: [02:59:39] <ss23> fuckfuckfuck
359: [02:59:52] <irogue> doin it wrong
360: [03:00:08] <ajmitch> should be uploading 1-by-1 via ftp
361: [03:00:15] <ss23> rofl ajmitch XD
362: [03:00:34] <irogue> fo shizzle
363: [03:01:09] <irogue> FTP is about the only thing that makes CIFS look efficient at small file transfers
364: [03:02:58] * ajmitch remembers when we didn't use revision control here at work
365: [03:03:49] <ss23> ...
366: [03:03:58] <ss23> After this, I now have an www/assets/asssets/assets folder
367: [03:04:00] <ss23> >.>
368: [03:04:01] <ss23> NOT SURE
369: [03:04:02] <ss23> IF...
370: [03:04:03] <ajmitch> well done :)
371: [03:07:31] * Jayden90 quit (Quit: Jayden90)
372: [03:11:00] <simon_w> Getting the trailing slashes right for rsyncing assets is great fun
373: [03:11:06] <ss23> ikr
374: [03:11:11] <ss23> mv assets vs mv assets/
375: [03:11:13] <ss23> WORLD OF HURT
376: [03:12:10] <simon_w> blah/assets foo/assets, blah/assets/ foo/assets, blah/assets foo/assets/, blah/assets/ foo/assets/
377: [03:12:10] <simon_w> All different!
378: [03:12:14] <simon_w> thanks rsync
379: [03:13:24] <ajmitch> deploy with git, have beer, profit
380: [03:13:27] <ss23> It's UNIX in general, right?
381: [03:13:40] <ss23> ajmitch: git-commit, git-push, then you better git-pray.
382: [03:13:50] <simon_w> probably, I try not to cp -R
383: [03:19:50] <simon_w> ajmitch, assets with git? Doing it wrong :p
384: [03:20:04] <ss23> yeah
385: [03:20:14] <ss23> Store them in your database instead, that way they stay there between deploys
386: [03:20:17] <ss23> :)
387: [03:20:46] * ajmitch wonders what the silverstripe talk is that was being apologised for on the python list
388: [03:21:10] <simon_w> Ooh, sounds scandalous. Link?
389: [03:21:12] <ss23> ajmitch: o.o What? Linky?
390: [03:21:13] <ss23> ^^^^^^
391: [03:21:21] <ss23> simon_w: Did you have some soft stats for HHVM Silverstripe?
392: [03:21:25] <ajmitch> well it's the same guy that started the thread about the flush DoS :)
393: [03:21:28] <ss23> You said 20x object creation, got any on page loads in general?
394: [03:21:29] <simon_w> ss23, nope
395: [03:21:41] <ss23> simon_w: Wanna run one for me? (If you're not busy, not a big thing)
396: [03:21:46] <simon_w> Haven't tried running SS in HHVM
397: [03:22:18] <ss23> Wanna?
398: [03:22:22] <ss23> :D
399: [03:22:33] <ss23> I guess it wouldn't work, no closures etc?
400: [03:23:09] <ajmitch> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nzpug/hPHX_ubCqus
401: [03:23:43] <simon_w> ss23, HHVM is a mixed between 5.4 and 5.5
402: [03:23:49] <ss23> ajmitch: o.O
403: [03:23:56] <ss23> omg
404: [03:24:01] <ss23> that sounds like mega juicy gossip
405: [03:24:03] <irogue> ... why was someone giving a SilverStripe talk at Python UG?!?
406: [03:24:04] <ss23> I WANNA KNOW I WANNA KNOW
407: [03:24:12] <ajmitch> irogue: I don't know!
408: [03:24:28] <ajmitch> what ss23 said, sounds like good gossip now
409: [03:24:50] <irogue> guessing he was just so proud of himself for "finding an awesome massive super security hole!11!~OMG" that he wanted to show it off ALL THE PLACES
410: [03:25:50] <ss23> http://www.meetup.com/nz-python-user-group/
411: [03:25:53] <ss23> maybe it's on here
412: [03:25:56] <simon_w> ss23:
413: [03:25:57] <simon_w> HipHop Warning: HipHop currently does not support circular reference collection in /media/sf_Sites/30/framework/core/Core.php on line 57
414: [03:25:57] <simon_w> HipHop Fatal error: Invalid operand type was used: array_merge expects array(s). in /media/sf_Sites/30/framework/filesystem/FileFinder.php on line 73
415: [03:26:04] <simon_w> So yeah, can't get it to load :p
416: [03:26:08] <ss23> laaaaaame
417: [03:26:09] <ss23> Hmm
418: [03:26:16] <ss23> The Core.php looks annoying
419: [03:26:21] <ss23> probably could patch around the FileFinder one though
420: [03:26:41] <ss23> Hugh Davenport: "Primecoins - A new cryptocurrency with underlying scientific use."
421: [03:26:45] <ss23> oh
422: [03:26:45] <ss23> that guy did a talk at ISIG too
423: [03:28:12] <irogue> http://www.signify.co.nz
424: [03:28:28] <irogue> "Signify is on the New Zealand Government Common Web Services Panel."
425: [03:28:39] <ss23> yeah
426: [03:28:43] <ss23> lol
427: [03:29:09] <irogue> oh god
428: [03:29:10] <ss23> I can't really discuss that side of things, as I'm sure you're aware, irogue :P
429: [03:29:13] <irogue> his personal site
430: [03:29:15] <irogue> http://cribznetwork.com
431: [03:30:23] <spronk> fuck you guys on about
432: [03:30:33] <ss23> simon_w: didn't you see the DRAMAZ ajmitch posted?1
433: [03:30:44] <ss23> spronk: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nzpug/hPHX_ubCqus
434: [03:30:47] <ss23> not simon_w, sorry
435: [03:31:13] <spronk> he... apologised
436: [03:31:14] <spronk> but for what!?
437: [03:31:21] <ss23> though tbh irogue, my first exploit I found, I wnated to talk about that lots!
438: [03:31:24] <ajmitch> having an apology without any context lets ss23 run wild
439: [03:31:32] <spronk> lawl
440: [03:31:35] <ss23> Though like... in the past 6 months even I'm kind of more like "meh, exploits are lame, techniques are l33t"
441: [03:31:51] <ss23> Though mine was actually fucking a mad combination of LFI + SQLi etc, which is actually cool :D
442: [03:32:53] * Naveed has joined #silverstripe
443: [03:32:55] <simon_w> I guess when you're that desperate for some action
444: [03:33:29] <Naveed> Hello Everyone!
445: [03:33:54] <spronk> so
446: [03:33:59] <spronk> can nyone tell me what the hell this guy talked about?
447: [03:34:00] <simon_w> Hello!
448: [03:34:09] <ajmitch> spronk: probably had to be there
449: [03:34:24] <ss23> spronk: If it was the same as the talk he did at ISIG (I presume it is), it was just a very very short (e.g. 5 mins) talk about the ?flush=1 thing in Silverstripe
450: [03:34:37] <spronk> le sigh
451: [03:34:44] <ajmitch> it's just made interesting by him apologising for offending people
452: [03:34:49] <ss23> ^^
453: [03:34:49] <irogue> at a PYTHON user group
454: [03:34:56] <ss23> He did say "circlejerk"
455: [03:35:00] <irogue> my guess is thats why people were offended :P
456: [03:35:05] <ss23> He quoted me, and my quote was like "Its a technical person circlejerk"
457: [03:35:16] <irogue> python people would be offended by any mention of PHP
458: [03:35:17] <irogue> :P
459: [03:35:19] <ss23> So either they're like "FUCK OFF PHP CUNT" or "OMG CIRCLEJERK?! YOU FUCKING SEXIST CUNT"
460: [03:35:22] <ss23> yeah
461: [03:35:27] <ss23> Or maybe some SS fanboys went
462: [03:35:28] <ss23> :D
463: [03:35:37] <ajmitch> irogue: you're not going to kiwi pycon then?
464: [03:36:12] <ss23> Us cool kids a pur3 php man
465: [03:36:13] <ss23> :D
466: [03:36:17] <Naveed> I am planning to create an eCommerce Site by using Silverstripe 3.0 will the documentation available on the website is enough to fulfill the requirement
467: [03:36:20] <ss23> I tried to be more l33t but I couldn't think of what cars to use :<
468: [03:36:25] <ss23> Naveed: No
469: [03:36:49] <ss23> Naveed: If this is your first time using Silverstripe, no way. The docs are very lacking. That siad, the code is fairly readable, and the API docs are resonably straight foward
470: [03:37:24] * ajmitch goes off to rewrite silverstripe in python
471: [03:37:39] <simon_w> Home time!
472: [03:37:44] * simon_w goes off to downgrade his OS
473: [03:37:52] <Colin[pi]> bit early init?
474: [03:37:58] <simon_w> Done my 8 hours :p
475: [03:38:22] <Naveed> Yes I am new to silverstrip, it means I have to gone through the API
476: [03:39:00] <Naveed> or I have to go to the silverstrip code first
477: [03:39:00] * simon_w quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
478: [03:40:46] <Naveed> because at the end I have to develop and inventory system web application that will be integrated to this ecommerce site. Will silverstrip allow me to develop the complete inventory system as well?
479: [03:41:07] <ss23> Yes, but it will take a while to learn Silverstripe I think, Naveed. As a system, it's fairly okay suited to it though :)
480: [03:42:46] <Naveed> ss23: I know it will take but I have to start it BTW and was just looking at the documentation right now....
481: [03:42:50] <spronk> Naveed: ss23 lies. There's enough docs.
482: [03:43:04] <Naveed> hm....
483: [03:43:21] <spronk> Naveed: check out http://swipestripe.com/ for a start
484: [03:44:45] <ss23> No way enough docs!
485: [03:44:47] <ss23> idk
486: [03:44:51] <ss23> I don't think there is
487: [03:45:07] <spronk> to build stuff? sure there is
488: [03:45:12] <ss23> The documentation quality is good enough for the stuff it covers, but it fails because of how little it actually covers of Silverstripe as a whole IMO
489: [03:45:15] <spronk> to build stuff super easily and to know exactly what you're doing? no
490: [03:46:44] * cloph_away has joined #silverstripe
491: [03:47:14] <Colin[pi]> I think the docs cover the basics but there is a hell of a lot I didn't learn from the docs, and more from looking at source code / asking around
492: [03:48:08] * ChaBuku quit (Quit: Leaving)
493: [03:48:15] <Colin[pi]> controller and form stuff in particular, also the modeladmin docs are atrocious
494: [03:48:33] <spronk> mm
495: [03:48:40] * cloph quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
496: [03:48:44] <spronk> there are basicalyl zero docs for doing anything more than basic modeladmin
497: [03:49:00] <Colin[pi]> modeladmin has a bunch of features I had no idea about until messing around in the source
498: [03:49:01] <spronk> and fuggedabouteet if you want to make your own LeftAndMains
499: [03:49:03] <irogue> ajmitch: i don't mind python
500: [03:49:09] <irogue> been playing with django lately
501: [03:49:20] <Colin[pi]> oh jeez I tried my own leftandmain once... shudder
502: [03:49:43] <irogue> i'm rather language-agnostic, lol. in my day job i do both PHP and C#, and at home i also do node.js and python
503: [03:49:54] <spronk> Colin[pi]: i've tried it a few time
504: [03:49:55] <spronk> s
505: [03:50:06] <spronk> never succeeded
506: [03:50:15] <Colin[pi]> i gave up fast as my SS-fu is not strong enough yet
507: [03:50:16] <irogue> @mitchmiteb: This building wants it. http://t.co/LV4TeQvVqW
508: [03:50:34] <spronk> what i found was that it's basically impl from scratch, or... MASSSES of CMS baggage
509: [03:50:39] * spronk just wanted a freakin tree view :(
510: [03:52:46] <Colin[pi]> that guy who found the "omg huge bug" in SS sure likes the drama huh
511: [03:53:00] <spronk> as i said
512: [03:53:02] <spronk> he's a douchebag :P
513: [03:53:41] <Colin[pi]> move on dude, let it go...
514: [03:53:52] <Naveed> so in nutshell, you have to rely on the source code and the community more than documentation. Kindly correct me if I am wrong...
515: [03:54:18] <Colin[pi]> Naveed: for simple stuff, no, for more complicated requirements, IMHO, yes
516: [03:54:20] <Naveed> spronk: I have check the swipeStripe but it is proprietry
517: [03:54:21] <spronk> Naveed: there is a substantial amount of useful docs *in* the source code
518: [03:54:39] <spronk> Naveed: there are a couple of other ss ecommerce modules you can use
519: [03:54:45] <spronk> swipestripe is generally regarded as the best
520: [03:55:13] <spronk> but otherwise, what Colin[pi] said.
521: [03:55:15] <Naveed> yes I have already looked at silverCart but it is for SS2.4
522: [03:55:21] <Colin[pi]> also burnbright and sunnysideup branches
523: [03:57:00] <spronk> https://github.com/sunnysideup/silverstripe-ecommerce_3.0
524: [04:06:49] <Pyromanik> hehehe 15:50 < irogue> @mitchmiteb: This building wants it. http://t.co/LV4TeQvVqW
525: [04:07:07] <Pyromanik> irogue: I think that pic is made even better by his account subtitle "Fisty Mitchy"
526: [04:11:05] * simon_w has joined #silverstripe
527: [04:14:11] * Colin[pi] quit ()
528: [04:14:28] <DesignerX> Hi, I see a file with the name "_manifest_exclude" , what is it used for ? can this be used to disable a module without having to remove the files ?
529: [04:15:18] <willr_> DesignerX it's used to hide things from dev/build
530: [04:15:36] <willr_> any PHP files inside there won't be loaded automatically
531: [04:16:40] <DesignerX> nice .. is this mentioned anywhere in the docs ? its very useful in cases where i test modules & need to enable/diables other ones
532: [04:17:55] * zippy__ quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
533: [04:20:29] <simon_w|air> willr_, look, I made the calendars less horrible :p http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php
534: [04:22:18] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
535: [04:25:23] * vikas_s has joined #silverstripe
536: [04:25:27] * vikas_s has left #silverstripe
537: [04:25:39] * openbees has joined #silverstripe
538: [04:34:17] <openbees> what are the guidance for merging a pull request .. any docs ? simon_w : I had same problem 2 weeks ago wanted to check if your pull request on addons.silverstripe resolves it :P
539: [04:34:44] <simon_w|air> openbees, usually, understand what's happening and make sure it works
540: [04:34:55] <simon_w|air> I only submitted it as PR for peer-review
541: [04:35:34] <openbees> ok is there any way i can check you pull commits without merging in repo ?
542: [04:36:02] <openbees> I can clone your repo may be ?
543: [04:36:34] <simon_w|air> You know that email you get whenever there's a new PR?
544: [04:36:45] <simon_w|air> That has the command you use to merge in the changes locally
545: [04:37:15] <simon_w|air> Just make sure you either have a read-only origin or you've cloned your own fork
546: [04:37:58] <openbees> ok thanks
547: [04:41:10] <spronk> anyone used meteor or derby more than a little bit here?
548: [04:43:07] <Colin[pi]> how easy is it to make new Report instances?
549: [04:51:11] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
550: [04:51:58] * nickmolhoek quit (Quit: nickmolhoek)
551: [04:53:10] * simon_w quit (Quit: Leaving)
552: [04:54:28] <simon_w|air> Come on simon_w, turn off already
553: [04:54:59] <spronk> o_O
554: [04:55:54] <simon_w|air> Need to do a full backup before downgrading
555: [04:56:06] <simon_w|air> Downgrading is probably going to involve a complete wipe
556: [04:56:57] <ajmitch> why do you need to downgrade?
557: [04:57:51] <simon_w|air> Because AppleCare doesn't offer support when you're running a beta OS
558: [04:57:54] <Colin[pi]> bro do you even twitter
559: [04:58:03] <Colin[pi]> @simon_w: Downgrading from Mavericks so that AppleCare will be able to offer assistance to hopefully get my GPU problems fixed. ;D
560: [04:58:04] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: UncleCheese)
561: [04:58:43] <spronk> whats wrong with your gpu?
562: [04:58:48] <simon_w|air> It panics
563: [04:59:00] <spronk> dang
564: [04:59:05] <simon_w|air> Yeah
565: [04:59:23] <ajmitch> Colin[pi]: sorry I don't stalk him
566: [04:59:30] * ajmitch goes to do so
567: [04:59:55] <simon_w|air> Scariest part of running the backup: making sure I get the source/destination for the restore the right way round
568: [05:00:05] <ajmitch> heh, yes
569: [05:00:11] * ajmitch hears the 5pm chime
570: [05:00:54] <spronk> wow
571: [05:00:59] <spronk> apple got rid of their horizontal scrollbars
572: [05:01:10] <spronk> and replaced them with gimmacky cheap looking animations
573: [05:01:24] <spronk> (apple.com)
574: [05:02:16] <simon_w|air> I'm not seeing any sort of scrolling there?
575: [05:02:16] <Colin[pi]> pfft site is not even responsive
576: [05:02:20] * openbees quit (Quit: Leaving)
577: [05:02:32] <spronk> when you went into categories or store
578: [05:02:37] <spronk> they used to have a scrollbar at the top with the second level nav
579: [05:02:42] <Pyromanik> oh fonterra, you and your botox
580: [05:02:55] <Pyromanik> you know what doesn't have botulinum in it?
581: [05:02:57] <Pyromanik> Breast Milk.
582: [05:03:13] <spronk> http://print.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/apple-mac.png a la
583: [05:03:13] <Pyromanik> that said, sucks for mothers that can't for whatever reason.
584: [05:03:23] <Colin[pi]> is it just me or am I seeing a slow decline in Apple's usual polish
585: [05:03:34] <spronk> heh
586: [05:03:37] <spronk> yeah
587: [05:03:37] <Colin[pi]> post-Jobs I guess
588: [05:03:38] * spronk concurs
589: [05:03:45] <spronk> even before jobs died
590: [05:03:55] <Pyromanik> can't stay top of the heap forever.
591: [05:04:03] <spronk> aesthetic style started going downhill after 10.6
592: [05:04:10] <Pyromanik> there's only so many law suits you can lodge before you become the defender
593: [05:04:20] <spronk> these days their new stuff feels like the cheap knockoffs of a few years ago
594: [05:04:25] <Pyromanik> anyway, hometime
595: [05:04:27] * Pyromanik quit (Quit: leaving)
596: [05:05:51] <Colin[pi]> look out, I've got a pencil. time to get SRS
597: [05:07:17] <spronk> ZAWMG
598: [05:07:38] <simon_w|air> Hmm, want to pretty up http://localhost/~simon/logbot/ but don't want to effort
599: [05:07:46] <Colin[pi]> you know once the pencil and paper comes out, shit just got real
600: [05:08:15] <Colin[pi]> i dont have that folder on my apache :P
601: [05:08:19] <spronk> .. localhost?
602: [05:08:35] <simon_w|air> You lot and your lack of localhost access to my dev machines :p
603: [05:08:40] <simon_w|air> http://logs.simon.geek.nz
604: [05:09:14] <Colin[pi]> what's wrong with that? simple, but functional
605: [05:09:28] <simon_w|air> It looks bad :p
606: [05:09:34] <simon_w|air> Especially the head
607: [05:10:20] <Colin[pi]> i've seen worse
608: [05:10:35] <simon_w|air> Ooh, I could geo-cities it!
609: [05:10:36] * spronk jsfiddles it
610: [05:12:02] <Colin[pi]> man windows 8 metro is shit for multitasking
611: [05:12:11] <Colin[pi]> it may as well be called "Window 8"
612: [05:14:48] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
613: [05:16:35] <Colin[pi]> how much control do I have over the templates used by SS_Report subclasses?
614: [05:17:07] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
615: [05:19:02] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
616: [05:20:08] * violetina quit (Remote host closed the connection)
617: [05:25:41] * simon_w|air has found the file to copy styles from :D http://logs.simon.geek.nz
618: [05:26:23] * Naveed quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
619: [05:34:52] <spronk> http://jsfiddle.net/VasAt/1/
620: [05:34:55] <spronk> THERE YOU GO MOTHERFUCKER
621: [05:36:24] <simon_w|air> Interestingly, pretty close to what I copied from DebugViewer
622: [05:36:33] <spronk> mm
623: [05:37:04] * spronk is bored now
624: [05:38:02] <simon_w|air> This is when I should probably refactor the codebase so it's not a bunch of massive hacks
625: [05:39:08] <simon_w|air> Bah, no php5-xhp module in debian repos
626: [05:39:25] <spronk> also, table.cal td { #ddd } and table.cal td.odd { #eee } looks cleaner.
627: [05:39:48] <spronk> border, background resp
628: [05:41:55] <irogue> [17:00] <spronk> apple got rid of their horizontal scrollbars
629: [05:42:04] <irogue> the animations are retarded, but overall i prefer the UI
630: [05:42:19] <spronk> yeah
631: [05:42:38] <spronk> i think i'd prefer it if it wasn't so fucking gammy
632: [05:44:16] * DigNZ quit (Quit: DigNZ)
633: [06:03:45] * metanat quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
634: [06:06:08] * AntiSol has joined #silverstripe
635: [06:06:15] <Colin[pi]> simon_w: is there a way I can get reports to show a custom template?
636: [06:06:22] <AntiSol> Hi
637: [06:06:23] <simon_w|air> No idea
638: [06:06:59] <Colin[pi]> thanks :P
639: [06:07:32] <Colin[pi]> hmm looks like I could return a custom ReportContent: $FieldMap.ReportContent.FieldHolder
640: [06:07:40] <AntiSol> I'm wondering if there's a way to include database changes in my code updates to an SS site. e.g as opposed to uploading my updated code and then making a bunch of DB changes manually?
641: [06:08:07] <simon_w|air> AntiSol, is that what dev/build does?
642: [06:09:55] <Colin[pi]> yeah uh that's the point of ss and dev/build, right? the only time you should need to mess with the db is to remove deleted fields
643: [06:11:20] <AntiSol> Simon. No I mean DB content not schema. So, for example, I'm adding blog functionality to a client's website. I'd like to be able to have code somewhere saying 'create a new blog holder record, change the widgets on page X, use these 3 images in this carousel, etc'
644: [06:11:28] <AntiSol> does that make sense?
645: [06:12:16] <AntiSol> it would take me quite some time to do these DB changes manually and during that time my client's live site would be in an inconsistent state
646: [06:13:10] <simon_w|air> Well, you create the pages using requireDefaultRecords(). Personally, I wouldn't populate them from there though but from the CMS
647: [06:14:16] <AntiSol> requireDefaultRecords() sounds like it might be what I'm looking for.
648: [06:14:36] <AntiSol> thanks :)
649: [06:14:37] * metanat has joined #silverstripe
650: [06:16:37] * UncleCheese quit (Quit: UncleCheese)
651: [06:20:01] * Shrike_Finland1 has joined #silverstripe
652: [06:20:01] * Shrike_Finland quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
653: [06:20:56] * Stomach quit (Quit: Leaving.)
654: [06:23:03] * Shrike_Finland1 quit (Client Quit)
655: [06:30:01] * metanat quit (Quit: Leaving.)
656: [06:31:07] * qlex has joined #silverstripe
657: [06:31:13] * qlex says hi
658: [06:31:39] * Colin[pi] waves
659: [06:31:47] <qlex> im running on rather old (2.3.4) ss, but while i was away, somebody from hosting company did some changes and now my page doesn load properly
660: [06:31:59] <qlex> when i enabled php errors, i can see something like this:
661: [06:32:04] <qlex> [Warning] mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:553)
662: [06:32:10] <qlex> in /sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php
663: [06:32:50] <qlex> this is when i have this enabled:
664: [06:32:50] <qlex> Director::set_environment_type("dev");
665: [06:33:55] <qlex> does this mean that either php or mysql version was changed ?
666: [06:39:10] * AntiSol quit (Quit: Leaving)
667: [06:42:56] <qlex> no idea anyone ?
668: [06:43:08] <qlex> this is on live environment of my client so im a bit frightened
669: [06:48:46] * mirko_ has joined #silverstripe
670: [06:51:06] * mirko_ has left #silverstripe
671: [06:59:56] * qlex1 has joined #silverstripe
672: [07:00:26] <Colin[pi]> qlex: any errors about passwords from mysql?
673: [07:01:04] <qlex1> http://www.kombus.pl/kombus/
674: [07:01:38] <Colin[pi]> I haven't had the error but I found this while googling: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8481620/remote-mysql-connection-throws-cannot-connect-to-mysql-4-1-using-the-old-insec
675: [07:01:53] <Colin[pi]> (step by step answer might be helpful)
676: [07:02:29] * qlex quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
677: [07:05:39] * chillu has joined #silverstripe
678: [07:08:53] <qlex1> thanx, trying out
679: [07:09:11] <qlex1> hosting company says nothing has changed, only ip addresses, but i think they might have changed the php/mysql version
680: [07:09:27] <qlex1> when tryhing to login to phpmyadmin, upon entering the credentials im getting something like this:
681: [07:09:41] <qlex1> "#2000 - mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file"
682: [07:09:57] <qlex1> sorry for pasting something that is not SS, but there's no "traffic" on the channel now
683: [07:11:19] * ShadeFrozen has joined #silverstripe
684: [07:17:38] <ShadeFrozen> Hi guys and girls..anyone alive?
685: [07:19:47] * simon_w|air quit (Remote host closed the connection)
686: [07:21:12] <ShadeFrozen> no one?
687: [07:22:23] <spronk> yes.
688: [07:25:05] <qlex1> alive here :)
689: [07:25:09] <qlex1> but with a problem
690: [07:25:37] <ShadeFrozen> lol..me too, hence the question
691: [07:26:12] <ShadeFrozen> any experts on dataobjectmanager?
692: [07:33:16] * outrunthewolf has joined #silverstripe
693: [07:33:45] <outrunthewolf> morning
694: [07:34:38] <outrunthewolf> Anyone know if there's a way to stop silverstripe parsing selected $ variables in a template?
695: [07:38:08] * PigeonFriend has joined #silverstripe
696: [07:41:32] * ocm has joined #silverstripe
697: [07:41:34] <ocm> howdY!
698: [07:41:54] <outrunthewolf> howdy!
699: [07:42:01] <outrunthewolf> :D
700: [07:47:23] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
701: [07:49:36] * simon_w|air has joined #silverstripe
702: [07:51:47] <simon_w|air> outrunthewolf, stop inlining JS? :p
703: [07:52:05] <outrunthewolf> :D If only I was doing such a terrible thing!
704: [07:52:47] <outrunthewolf> nah, we're working with a third party, we need to maintain some of their tracking links, which look like this:
705: [07:53:18] <outrunthewolf> http://www.something.com?$id=$foo&$something=$bar
706: [07:53:27] <outrunthewolf> its weird, but nothing we can do about it
707: [07:53:38] <outrunthewolf> only problem is, silvertripe is picking up on the $
708: [07:53:44] <outrunthewolf> and stripping the variable
709: [07:56:13] * zippy__ has joined #silverstripe
710: [07:56:21] <simon_w|air> class DollarHack implements TemplateGlobalProvider { public static function get_template_global_variables() { return array('NoEscaping'); } public static function NoEscaping($val) { return $val; } }
711: [07:56:32] <simon_w|air> Then, $NoEscaping("http://www.something.com?$id=$foo&$something=$bar")
712: [07:56:54] <outrunthewolf> Nice one.
713: [08:05:16] <chillu> simon_w|air: How long does the dev/tasks/UpdateAddonsTask take for you? I'm just checking out your PR, the task seems to be hanging (or maybe just doing a lot of GETs in the background?)
714: [08:06:07] <simon_w|air> chillu, maybe 5 minutes? I was monitoring the redis queue to see progress
715: [08:06:42] <simon_w|air> It's not as fast since it has to pull down all the information for each addon from packagist still
716: [08:08:57] <ocm> hm.. is there a trick to publish a whole set of pages when restructuring the sitetree?
717: [08:09:09] <ocm> I have a page with tons of pages underneath
718: [08:09:15] <ocm> and I moved the toppage under another page
719: [08:09:24] <ocm> but now all the childpages are uinlisted in the menu
720: [08:11:35] <chillu> simon_w|air: Hmm we probably need some form of feedback in the task on what it actually does, in terms of "first user experience" heh
721: [08:12:32] <ShadeFrozen> beginner question here for the experts - I have a news page with individual news items and in each news item I would like to add several images (adding a sinlge image per news item is easy but adding multiple has me confused given I'm using dataobjects as pages for the display)
722: [08:12:53] <ocm> ShadeFroze, would it be like a gallery if images?
723: [08:13:04] <simon_w|air> chillu, if your cronjob's piping stdout to /dev/null, is easy enough to just list each module as it's handled. Will seem to stall a little at the start (building up the list), but then you'll see something
724: [08:13:05] <ocm> or just images within the article at user defined places?
725: [08:13:46] <ShadeFrozen> well I'll take a gallery if that's easier
726: [08:13:48] <chillu> Yeah I'm running it directly from CLI at the moment, been going for 4 mins now without any output. We could log every time it does a whatProvides() call
727: [08:14:10] <ocm> use a has many for the images
728: [08:14:11] <ocm> that should work
729: [08:14:14] <ShadeFrozen> and loop over them so thats fine...it might bebetter to ba able to place images
730: [08:14:19] <ShadeFrozen> yes but how?
731: [08:14:23] <ShadeFrozen> let me show you
732: [08:14:23] <chillu> Its a bit deep in the service hierarchy to do actual echo() though, so I guess we need some kind of event system or hooks? http://symfony.com/doc/current/components/event_dispatcher/introduction.html ?
733: [08:14:24] <chillu> 
734: [08:14:24] <ShadeFrozen> http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/24671#CurrentlyOnline
735: [08:14:40] <ocm> are you on 2.4?
736: [08:14:47] <ShadeFrozen> that code works and allows me to add multiple images to each article
737: [08:14:57] <ShadeFrozen> yes..for this project
738: [08:15:24] <ShadeFrozen> but the code in te link has a has_one with the images and I can only add them one at a time...bloody annoying
739: [08:15:59] <ocm> has_one implies it only has 1
740: [08:16:06] <ShadeFrozen> uncle cheese told me thats what the image dom is for and to just use the normal dom with a has_many on the images
741: [08:16:10] <ocm> has_many { images => image }
742: [08:16:10] <ShadeFrozen> yes I know....
743: [08:16:15] <ocm> tried something like that?
744: [08:16:37] <ShadeFrozen> yes
745: [08:16:40] <ShadeFrozen> static $has_many = array ( 'NewsImages' => 'NewsImage' );
746: [08:16:53] <ShadeFrozen> that line is in the NewsItem.php
747: [08:16:54] <ocm> do you have a class for NewsImage?
748: [08:17:08] <ShadeFrozen> yes
749: [08:17:27] <ShadeFrozen> static $db = array ( 'NewsImageTitle' => 'Varchar(100)' ); static $has_one = array ( 'MyNewsImage' => 'Image', //relation needed for the DataObject 'BelongToEventPage' => 'NewsItem' //relation needed to point to pagetype. );
750: [08:17:48] <ShadeFrozen> it's in that link I posted..sorry
751: [08:17:52] <ShadeFrozen> wont c&p again
752: [08:18:03] * qlex has joined #silverstripe
753: [08:18:51] <ocm> what exactly is the problem? uploading the images?
754: [08:19:13] <ShadeFrozen> well with the code on the page I linked, it works
755: [08:19:16] <ShadeFrozen> but
756: [08:19:27] <ShadeFrozen> I have to select one image at a time to add to the new article
757: [08:19:42] <ocm> try uploadify
758: [08:19:49] <ShadeFrozen> and I want to be able to use uploadify to select many
759: [08:19:57] <ocm> http://www.silverstripe.org/uploadify-module/
760: [08:19:59] <ocm> oh, haha
761: [08:20:00] * qlex1 quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
762: [08:20:07] <ShadeFrozen> right....so given my code how to do that?
763: [08:20:26] <ShadeFrozen> already usng uploadify all over the place and it works well
764: [08:21:22] <ShadeFrozen> and I can do what I want using a page class instead of dataobjects as pages
765: [08:22:13] <ocm> I am using this on an old project
766: [08:22:14] <ocm> http://sspaste.com/paste/show/51ff5feecfd06
767: [08:22:24] <ocm> which works for bulk upload
768: [08:23:42] * CodeTrap has joined #silverstripe
769: [08:23:57] <ocm> not that much different as your code I see now
770: [08:23:58] <ocm> sorry
771: [08:24:26] <simon_w|air> chillu, should be easy enough to add that in, once composer manages to install framework.
772: [08:25:03] <chillu> simon_w|air: Any idea why each whatProvides() call is so incredibly slow? It takes 1-2s here. Just trying to track down the GET requests it maps to
773: [08:26:09] * Rojod has joined #silverstripe
774: [08:27:46] <simon_w|air> chillu, during the first run, https://github.com/composer/composer/blob/master/src/Composer/Repository/ComposerRepository.php#L275-L279 has 0 cache hits
775: [08:28:10] <chillu> Ah so that cache is on disk?
776: [08:28:15] <simon_w|air> yeah
777: [08:30:28] <chillu> simon_w|air: I still don't get why it takes so long, shouldn't it just fetch https://packagist.org/packages/silverstripe/framework.json? Does it actually fetch sources from github?
778: [08:33:08] <simon_w|air> chillu, the first call goes and fetches https://packagist.org/p/provider-active$2bb3dec3c8619887752fcc36cea284ad3171e08d093f1073d05b42b9b89ca85b.json which was the slow bit for me
779: [08:34:36] <chillu> 100ms response time for me. Do you mean one call to that URL on every whatProvides()? Or just for the initial search.json?
780: [08:35:30] <simon_w|air> Should be just for very first call to whatProvides()
781: [08:35:50] * qlex signs off - my problem was resolved by hosting company - it was a mistake in username of database after moving to a new server - uff!
782: [08:36:31] * lobarvaz has joined #silverstripe
783: [08:36:49] * qlex has left #silverstripe
784: [08:41:37] <ShadeFrozen> so ocm, thanks for that code but it's already the same as my image class....
785: [08:41:53] <ShadeFrozen> so it's my other code that's the problem .... obviously
786: [08:50:39] <chillu> simon_w|air: This is much faster https://gist.github.com/chillu/85536a597758f6c6577a. But: It fails to convert the JSON to a Package object when no "dist" is available, in "simonwelsh/hasoneedit" of all places ;)
787: [08:51:12] <chillu> Seems like a bug in Packagist API though, makes too many assumptions, doesn't deal well with the non-github folk
788: [08:54:24] <chillu> That being said, the AddonBuilder task will later do a git/svn checkout anyway in order to get to the README info, but that happens async through the redis queue. I've cancelled your version of the update task after around 15 minutes, even for an initial load that's a bit long I think, if my solution is a feasible alternative
789: [08:55:37] <simon_w|air> Hmm, maybe mine didn't take that long since I had originally tried getting every package
790: [08:56:24] <simon_w|air> I'm waiting for the composer install on this laptop, since the one I did the patch on originally is currently going through a full backup
791: [08:58:18] * Error404NotFound has joined #silverstripe
792: [08:58:22] * Error404NotFound quit (Changing host)
793: [08:58:23] * Error404NotFound has joined #silverstripe
794: [09:00:47] <ocm> how to get the month in letters using Date.FormatI18N
795: [09:00:55] <ocm> %MMM nor %MMMM gives a usable value back
796: [09:01:53] <simon_w|air> ocm, %B?
797: [09:02:00] <simon_w|air> http://nz1.php.net/strftime
798: [09:02:42] <ocm> ah I thought silverstripe used the zend date format
799: [09:02:44] <ocm> my bad
800: [09:03:52] <ocm> %B works indeed
801: [09:10:36] <chillu> simon_w|air: Sent a fix to the Packagist API https://github.com/KnpLabs/packagist-api/pull/4
802: [09:14:50] * mobiusnz1 has joined #silverstripe
803: [09:15:09] * swordsmanz_ has joined #silverstripe
804: [09:16:55] * mobiusnz quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
805: [09:18:38] <simon_w|air> chillu, sweet. Should I merge your patch into my PR then, and just wait for that to get merged?
806: [09:18:40] * 1JTAAJ22X has joined #silverstripe
807: [09:18:40] * swordsmanz quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
808: [09:18:41] * swordsmanz_ is now known as swordsmanz
809: [09:19:18] * mobiusnz1 quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
810: [09:19:30] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
811: [09:20:10] <chillu> Let me just check if it gets some useful results, haven't run it past that error message
812: [09:24:08] * swordsmanz quit (Quit: ooh ponies kinkeyyy)
813: [09:25:16] <chillu> argh its a different Package class from a different namespace (Packagist\Api\Result), so need to rewrite some AddonUpdater stuff as well
814: [09:31:50] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
815: [09:33:26] * 1JTAAJ22X quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
816: [09:37:12] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
817: [09:37:22] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
818: [09:42:26] <ShadeFrozen> so I still can't understand what's going on here with dataobjects as pages and adding multiple images
819: [09:49:44] <wmk> ShadeFrozen, i guess your Dataobject needs a has_many image
820: [09:50:19] <wmk> or even better: a has_many ImageItem dataobject where you also can define Title, Description, Copyright etc...
821: [09:51:11] * simon_w|air quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
822: [09:52:19] <ShadeFrozen> hi wmk...yes but it HAS one, AFAIK
823: [09:53:06] <wmk> what module are you using for news?
824: [09:53:44] <ShadeFrozen> I think there is something fishy going on , because the problem is tied to using the daraobjects as pages module
825: [09:53:49] <ShadeFrozen> or at least it seems to be
826: [09:53:58] <ShadeFrozen> no module..writing it myself
827: [09:54:19] <wmk> ok, then you have to change the has_one to has_many
828: [09:54:24] <wmk> for images
829: [09:54:27] <ShadeFrozen> pretty simple..I've done it before but without dataobjects as pages
830: [09:54:44] <ShadeFrozen> ok let me try and show you what I have, and what is working
831: [09:55:06] <ShadeFrozen> http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/24671#CurrentlyOnline
832: [09:55:14] <ShadeFrozen> that page is working for me...
833: [09:55:17] <ShadeFrozen> BUT
834: [09:55:36] <wmk> are you using 2.4 or 3.x?
835: [09:55:42] <ShadeFrozen> and ncle cheese told me earlier that it is doing what it is supposed to and I need to do a many_many
836: [09:55:44] * swordsmanz has joined #silverstripe
837: [09:55:48] <ShadeFrozen> 2.4
838: [09:56:12] <ShadeFrozen> or I can extend the NewsImage class to have extraImages
839: [09:58:19] <wmk> from the code shown in the example above you already have newsitem has_many newsimages
840: [09:59:03] <ShadeFrozen> right
841: [09:59:30] <ShadeFrozen> I know...so why isn't it working?
842: [10:00:48] <wmk> did you run a /dev/build?flush=all after changing the code?
843: [10:01:50] <wmk> in database: does your NewsImage table have a NewsItemID?
844: [10:02:21] <wmk> if both yes: i guess a prob calling dtaobjectmanager
845: [10:02:50] <ShadeFrozen> yes I have it set to always flush on refresh
846: [10:03:58] <ShadeFrozen> and to the latter...NO
847: [10:04:17] <ShadeFrozen> NewsImage table has no NewsItemID
848: [10:08:31] <ShadeFrozen> but it has BelongToEventPageID, which is part of the dataobjects as pages module
849: [10:10:43] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
850: [10:12:15] * Naveed has joined #silverstripe
851: [10:12:34] <Naveed> Hello Everyone!
852: [10:12:59] <Naveed> Can anyone give the example of Custom Coded Forms in Silverstrip without using the silverstrip forms module?
853: [10:15:54] <howardgrigg> Naveed: have a look at http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/3-forms
854: [10:17:05] <Naveed> howardgrigg: thanks for your quick help
855: [10:19:24] <howardgrigg> no worries :)
856: [10:19:56] <wmk> ShadeFrozen, when you have a NewsItem 1:n NewsImage, NewsImage table must have a col NewsItemID. So database build didn't work
857: [10:20:14] <wmk> and dev/build/?flush=all !== ?flush=all alone ;)
858: [10:24:23] <ShadeFrozen> thanks wmk but thats because it has a BelongToEventPageID (the event page referenced in my code is NewsItem)
859: [10:24:58] <ShadeFrozen> and that's related to the dataobjects as pages module
860: [10:27:44] <wmk> yup. but you have to add in imageItem a has_one to the newsitem, so you get NewsItem 1:n NewsImage, otherwise it won't work and ImageDOM chokes
861: [10:28:03] <wmk> you have not set up the relations correctly, ShadeFrozen
862: [10:38:47] * Stomach quit (Quit: Leaving.)
863: [10:47:55] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
864: [10:47:58] * Bollig|DesignCty quit (Quit: Bollig|DesignCty)
865: [10:48:49] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
866: [10:51:20] * chillu quit (Quit: chillu)
867: [10:59:03] * zfmf1 has joined #silverstripe
868: [11:00:16] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
869: [11:02:45] * chillu has joined #silverstripe
870: [11:08:33] <ocm> is it possible to have a widgetarea in an dataobject?\
871: [11:08:48] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
872: [11:08:49] <ocm> I get a methord fortemplate does not exist
873: [11:21:43] * micmania1 quit (Quit: Leaving)
874: [11:30:37] * metanat has joined #silverstripe
875: [11:31:01] <metanat> damn. seems like i've hit a roadblock with hhvm
876: [11:31:37] <metanat> hiphop vm
877: [11:33:16] <metanat> Lack of PDO support seems to be the killer
878: [11:36:27] * ShadeFrozen quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
879: [11:48:28] * zippy__ quit (Quit: zippy__)
880: [11:55:52] * ShadeFrozen has joined #silverstripe
881: [12:03:06] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
882: [12:10:21] * cloph_away is now known as cloph
883: [12:23:54] <metanat> "Hello from hhvm SilverStripe!"
884: [12:27:01] * Zauberfisch_ has joined #silverstripe
885: [12:27:15] <metanat> Requests/s for basic template (no cms) 388.98 [#/sec] (mean)
886: [12:29:41] * Zauberfisch quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
887: [12:30:23] * micmania1 quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
888: [12:30:42] * metanat quit (Quit: Leaving.)
889: [12:30:48] * micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
890: [12:46:08] * drazafsky has joined #silverstripe
891: [12:55:50] * CodeTrap quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
892: [13:11:54] * CodeTrap has joined #silverstripe
893: [13:22:55] * ShadeFrozen quit (Quit: Page closed)
894: [13:25:39] * Naveed quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
895: [13:52:33] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
896: [13:52:48] <g4b0_> hi all
897: [13:53:06] <g4b0_> I just upgraded to php 5.5.1 on my debian testing
898: [13:53:08] * howardgrigg quit (Remote host closed the connection)
899: [13:53:48] <g4b0_> I'm getting a fatal error running SS
900: [13:53:49] <g4b0_> [Mon Aug 05 15:47:09.562951 2013] [:error] [pid 15203] [client 127.0.0.1:41682] FastCGI: server "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-comunemondovi" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '200' reached, aborting! in /home/g4b0/Develop/comunemondoviDev-3.1/framework/control/Director.php on line 904
901: [13:58:26] * micmania2 has joined #silverstripe
902: [13:58:26] * micmania1 quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
903: [13:59:22] <g4b0_> here you are the loop: http://pastebin.com/rYreis0K
904: [14:09:25] * CodeTrap quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
905: [14:19:28] * priithansen has joined #silverstripe
906: [14:40:22] * g4b0_ quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
907: [14:46:08] * outrunthewolf quit (Remote host closed the connection)
908: [14:50:15] * micmania2 is now known as micmania1
909: [14:52:52] * g4b0_ has joined #silverstripe
910: [14:57:59] * AndreasSaarva has joined #silverstripe
911: [14:59:19] * Valorez_ has joined #silverstripe
912: [15:00:37] <Valorez_> Hello! I need some help :)
913: [15:01:34] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
914: [15:01:50] <Valorez_> I'm creating an array with DataObjects, which I then return in the sourceRecords() in an extended SS_Report class. The page returns this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function Count() on a non-object in /wwwsf/exam/cms/code/Report.php on line 387
915: [15:03:34] * cloph is now known as cloph_away
916: [15:04:43] * catcher quit (Client Quit)
917: [15:15:24] <micmania1> Valorez, use ArrayList instead of array
918: [15:15:59] <micmania1> so $array = new ArrayList(); $array->push(DataObject); return $array;
919: [15:21:12] <Valorez_> oh thanks :)
920: [15:22:35] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
921: [15:23:05] <Valorez_> Fatal error: Class 'ArrayList' not found in /wwwsf/exam/mysite/code/ProductOutclickReport.php on line 58
922: [15:23:07] <Valorez_> hm
923: [15:23:26] * violetina has joined #silverstripe
924: [15:23:39] <Valorez_> I'm using the old version of SS, 2.4?
925: [15:24:19] * MrChimp has joined #silverstripe
926: [15:25:25] <Valorez_> Is it new in 3.0 maybe?
927: [15:25:39] <micmania1> Ah, 2.4 is DataObjectSet instead of ArrayList
928: [15:25:48] <Valorez_> Oh, lemme try :)
929: [15:26:54] <MrChimp> Hi everyone. I'm trying to make an orderabwe list
930: [15:27:05] <Valorez_> It's working! Thanks! :D
931: [15:27:41] <MrChimp> (oops) ...orderable list of images. Unclecheese's ImageGallery module looks perfect but it's out of date (SS2 only) is there a SS3 equivalent?
932: [15:28:16] <micmania1> You could use GridField with the GridFieldSortable extension
933: [15:28:30] <micmania1> You could also search github for an image gallery module. I've never used one personally though
934: [15:29:56] <MrChimp> thanks
935: [15:32:56] <MrChimp> My problem with the GridField approach is it doesn't let me upload an image until after I save
936: [15:44:59] * drazafsky quit (Quit: Page closed)
937: [15:47:19] * Zauberfisch_ quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
938: [15:53:33] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
939: [15:54:29] * Zauberfisch_ has joined #silverstripe
940: [15:58:21] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
941: [15:58:40] * cloph_away is now known as cloph
942: [16:04:17] * g4b0_ quit (Quit: Sto andando via)
943: [16:06:02] * swordsmanz_ has joined #silverstripe
944: [16:06:09] * swordsmanz quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
945: [16:06:10] * swordsmanz_ is now known as swordsmanz
946: [16:37:04] * AlphaCactus has joined #silverstripe
947: [16:46:24] <wmk> can i define a formfield required only if another formfield is set or has a value?
948: [16:54:55] * houleness has joined #silverstripe
949: [16:55:37] <houleness> My GridFieldAddExistingAutocompleter field only shows IDs. How do I get it to show the field name it's searching for? Any ideas?
950: [16:55:58] <houleness> My dataobject is using summary_fields
951: [16:57:56] <houleness> Here's a portion of my dataobject - http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/51ffd89d3f325
952: [16:58:09] <houleness> And here's the corresponding page - http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/51ffd8c6b12c1
953: [16:58:48] <houleness> The results - http://cl.ly/image/1j2f3i0f031M
954: [16:59:21] <houleness> @Zauberfisch_ any ideas?
955: [16:59:47] * lobarvaz quit (Remote host closed the connection)
956: [17:00:07] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
957: [17:05:00] * MrChimp quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
958: [17:05:57] * PigeonFriend quit ()
959: [17:06:37] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
960: [17:13:47] * houleness quit (Quit: houleness)
961: [17:18:03] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
962: [17:24:10] <AlphaCactus> houleness: does your class have a Title field or a getTitle() function
963: [17:29:44] * houleness has joined #silverstripe
964: [17:29:56] * jrthomer quit (Remote host closed the connection)
965: [17:40:56] * jrthomer has joined #silverstripe
966: [17:43:21] * houleness quit (Quit: houleness)
967: [18:02:00] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
968: [18:12:00] * Nivery has joined #silverstripe
969: [18:25:50] * lewellyn quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
970: [18:27:58] * lewellyn has joined #silverstripe
971: [18:35:48] * chillu quit (Quit: chillu)
972: [18:38:00] * simon_w|air has joined #silverstripe
973: [18:52:52] * [1]micmania1 has joined #silverstripe
974: [18:53:17] * SightUnseen has joined #silverstripe
975: [18:55:33] * SightUnseen has left #silverstripe
976: [18:55:50] * [1]micmania1 has left #silverstripe
977: [19:01:06] * chillu has joined #silverstripe
978: [19:01:34] <AlphaCactus> Why do some create operations in the CMS return a blank "main" area so that one has to reload, but the object still gets created just fine and there are no errors.
979: [19:03:20] * micmania1|2 has joined #silverstripe
980: [19:04:31] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
981: [19:05:28] <catcher> The object being created doesn't necessarily mean there aren't errors. You can see errors in a debug console instead of reloading.
982: [19:12:13] <AlphaCactus> well, it seems that it has something to do with writing another object in the onAfterWrite. but I'd think I'd see any problems in the console like u said.
983: [19:12:43] <catcher> yeah, debugging onAfterWrite can be fun.
984: [19:13:01] <AlphaCactus> ok so it looks like the Debug::show statements were causing it to break, but they wouldn't come back in the response
985: [19:14:35] * zfmf1 has left #silverstripe
986: [19:15:01] * micmania1|2 has left #silverstripe
987: [19:22:11] * micmania2 has joined #silverstripe
988: [19:43:55] <micmania2> Is there a way to check if a module exists in PHP as you would in yaml?
989: [19:44:17] <simon_w|air> Check if the folder exists
990: [19:44:32] <micmania2> is that all 'moduleexists' does?
991: [19:44:36] <simon_w|air> Though you'd usually just do a if(class_exists())
992: [19:44:37] <simon_w|air> yup
993: [19:44:54] <micmania2> yeah, I was going to do a class_exists. Just thought i'd check first :) cheers
994: [19:49:53] * houleness has joined #silverstripe
995: [19:53:23] <houleness> @Zauberfisch do you know if gridfieldextensions (https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-gridfieldextensions) is compatible with SS 3.0.5
996: [19:54:02] <simon_w|air> https://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-gridfieldextensions/blob/master/composer.json#L18
997: [19:54:04] <simon_w|air> No
998: [19:54:35] <houleness> Ah, thanks!
999: [19:57:53] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1000: [19:58:41] * ARNHOE quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1001: [20:01:34] <catcher> How can I use limit() & discard the first param? 0 means 0, and null seems to kill the offset.
1002: [20:02:58] * houleness has left #silverstripe
1003: [20:03:42] * Error404NotFound quit (Quit: User guilty of hitting the Big Red X...)
1004: [20:06:47] * simon_w|air quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
1005: [20:08:24] * CodeTrap has joined #silverstripe
1006: [20:10:46] <micmania2> catcher, why would you want to discard the first param? This is how many results you want to return.
1007: [20:10:54] <catcher> micmania1, I want them all
1008: [20:10:59] <catcher> there's no independent offset
1009: [20:12:14] <micmania2> is it something you could just use a 99999 value for?
1010: [20:12:21] * Rojod quit (Changing host)
1011: [20:12:21] * Rojod has joined #silverstripe
1012: [20:12:21] * Rojod quit (Changing host)
1013: [20:12:21] * Rojod has joined #silverstripe
1014: [20:12:47] <micmania2> Ideally, you'd be able to leave the ->limit() call off your function but i'm guessing you don't have that option?
1015: [20:13:07] <catcher> micmania1, I need to grab a subset after a certain offset
1016: [20:13:45] <catcher> I'm currently specifying an impossibly high val like that, but I'd rather not..
1017: [20:26:55] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
1018: [20:28:38] <micmania2> catcher, could you not use $dataList->limit("COUNT(*)", $offset) ?
1019: [20:29:10] <micmania2> Or is that a recipe for disaster? lol
1020: [20:29:34] * nickmolhoek has joined #silverstripe
1021: [20:29:35] * nickmolhoek quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1022: [20:29:49] * nickmolhoek has joined #silverstripe
1023: [20:33:21] <catcher> micmania1, haha, I appreciate the feedback. I'll stick with the high number for now.
1024: [20:33:35] <micmania2> catcher, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/255517/mysql-offset-infinite-rows - its doesn't seem as though its possible.
1025: [20:34:51] <micmania2> strange that. It seems so simple.
1026: [20:37:17] * Pyromanik has joined #silverstripe
1027: [20:38:07] <wmk> anyone knows if i can see the translation keys on transifex?
1028: [20:38:24] <wmk> sometimes just seeing the text to translate is not enough
1029: [20:40:12] * CodeTrap quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
1030: [20:42:18] * simon_w|air has joined #silverstripe
1031: [20:42:28] * simon_w|air quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1032: [20:42:36] <catcher> yuck, but good to know it's mysql's fault!
1033: [20:43:36] * DigNZ has joined #silverstripe
1034: [20:43:37] * DigNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1035: [20:43:53] * DigNZ has joined #silverstripe
1036: [20:46:15] * simon_w|air has joined #silverstripe
1037: [21:02:56] <simon_w|air> Everything's MySQL's fault!
1038: [21:09:16] <Pyromanik> everything is Oracle's fault.
1039: [21:09:27] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
1040: [21:10:13] <simon_w|air> And the logs are all pretty and stuff now :)
1041: [21:10:38] <simon_w|air> And not running on MySQL
1042: [21:14:04] * UncleCheese has joined #silverstripe
1043: [21:15:25] * priithansen quit (Quit: priithansen)
1044: [21:17:12] * zippy__ has joined #silverstripe
1045: [21:17:52] <Pyromanik> simon_w|air: postgres?
1046: [21:21:48] * LoveDuckie has joined #silverstripe
1047: [21:23:17] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
1048: [21:23:43] * LoveDuckie quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
1049: [21:25:10] * LoveDuckie has joined #silverstripe
1050: [21:28:47] <simon_w|air> Pyromanik, ya. Is why the search is not shit.
1051: [21:31:11] <Colin[pi]> mroning!
1052: [21:31:15] * Nivery quit (Quit: Nivery)
1053: [21:32:13] <simon_w|air> You're early today Colin[pi]
1054: [21:32:36] <Colin[pi]> yeah my son is traveling overseas with his mum, I went early to see him off
1055: [21:35:18] <Colin[pi]> ah good old vodafail... waited 10 mins, got through, got a "can I get your name?" message, hear a "BEEP!" and then nothing
1056: [21:37:20] <zippy__> Morning
1057: [21:37:34] <Colin[pi]> hey zippy__
1058: [21:38:58] <irogue> @NicolePryor: Walking through Newtown and this gangster goes "wassup momma" and I actually do a double take. I'm from South Auckland and it's a first
1059: [21:39:35] <Pyromanik> irogue: hahahaahah
1060: [21:39:46] <Pyromanik> I didn't get any pickup calls in Newtown.
1061: [21:39:48] <Pyromanik> :<
1062: [21:41:47] <Pyromanik> although to be fair, ain't no mommas in nz
1063: [21:42:41] <micmania2> lazy loading will be the death of me.
1064: [21:43:09] <micmania2> I propose a stopBeingLazy() method on DataList
1065: [21:43:59] * violetina quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1066: [21:44:41] * Kapdap_ quit (Quit: leaving)
1067: [21:44:54] * Kapdap has joined #silverstripe
1068: [21:44:57] * simon_w|air quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
1069: [21:45:07] <AlphaCactus> I thot someone else suggested that too
1070: [21:45:43] * simon_w|air has joined #silverstripe
1071: [21:46:06] <Pyromanik> AlphaCactus: jrthomer I think
1072: [21:46:35] <simon_w|air> Was supposed to be part of the original ORM
1073: [21:46:48] <jrthomer> yes ... I suggested it too
1074: [21:47:34] <jrthomer> micmania2: I think I opened a email/google groups discussion on it, I'll try to find link
1075: [21:47:59] * coldblooded01 has joined #silverstripe
1076: [21:49:37] <jrthomer> apparently it was just IRC: http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2013-07-17#log_989342
1077: [21:51:22] <simon_w|air> Where's that metanat fulla? Need to tell him he's wrong :p
1078: [21:54:23] <Colin[pi]> about what?
1079: [21:54:26] <micmania2> cheers jrthomer. I think it'd definitely be a good option
1080: [21:54:28] <UncleCheese> micmania2: I've only encountered one instance where lazy loading became a propblem
1081: [21:54:32] <simon_w|air> http://logs.simon.geek.nz/index.php?date=2013-08-05#log_1010582
1082: [21:54:35] <UncleCheese> curious what your scenario was
1083: [21:54:36] <simon_w|air> HHVM has PDO support
1084: [21:54:44] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
1085: [21:54:47] <Colin[pi]> :o
1086: [21:54:49] <simon_w|air> UncleCheese, joins!
1087: [21:55:37] <simon_w|air> UncleCheese, also, the context around jrthomer's link
1088: [21:55:56] <jrthomer> simon_w|air: I'm about to walk away for the day, but we are very interested in moving to HHVM in the next few months
1089: [21:56:08] <jrthomer> we had a lab prototype of SS2.4 on HHVM, but didn't run it in prod
1090: [21:56:17] <jrthomer> decided to move to 3.1 first (which rolled today BTW)
1091: [21:56:25] <jrthomer> so, now it's back on our radar
1092: [21:56:42] <jrthomer> anyway ... ping me some time if you want to discuss
1093: [21:57:21] <simon_w|air> Well, we're not using SS with HHVM
1094: [21:57:41] <micmania2> UncleCheese, I've only really had 1 major issue with versioning but I've had plenty of little issues where I have to find workarounds.
1095: [21:58:14] <UncleCheese> it seems like there are some cases where you need the result of a query without putting it into a loop
1096: [21:58:45] <simon_w|air> However, we are using HHVM with Postgres, which is currently doesn't support
1097: [21:59:00] <simon_w|air> *it
1098: [21:59:32] * howardgrigg quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
1099: [22:03:16] <micmania2> "fixed" my issue :)
1100: [22:04:28] <zippy__> I got a list of 20 things, Name, Category and Description. When I am displaying them on the page I want to show a category name only once, then list the items under that category. So I can order the list by Category and iterate over it - but I only want to show the category name once, need to be able to have a variable like 'First in this category'.
1101: [22:04:45] <zippy__> otherwise I might have to build a nested arraylist in the model to return to the template yea?
1102: [22:08:55] <simon_w|air> zippy__, look at GroupedList
1103: [22:09:02] <simon_w|air> (it wraps a DataList)
1104: [22:09:40] <zippy__> ahhh! I KNEW I had seen something
1105: [22:09:50] <zippy__> if I ever come to welly, I think I owe you a few beers by now ;)
1106: [22:09:57] <zippy__> possibly november
1107: [22:12:45] <zippy__> thats much better than the ranginess I was creating
1108: [22:14:42] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1109: [22:20:06] * BPower has joined #silverstripe
1110: [22:26:15] <micmania2> If I make a blog module in Silverstripe would it be professional and acceptable if I call it "WordPress sucks"?
1111: [22:26:27] <BPower> Hey all, my DataObject::get() is returning a full list including drafts. How can I return only published pages?
1112: [22:26:34] <AlphaCactus> micmania2: yes
1113: [22:26:46] <micmania2> AlphaCactus, that's what I thought lol
1114: [22:26:56] <simon_w|air> BPower, where?
1115: [22:28:23] <micmania2> Is it also okay for me to rip off their default theme? http://awesomescreenshot.com/0281kr9228
1116: [22:28:40] <BPower> In a controller. E.g. DataObject::get('Page','`SiteTree`.ClassName != \'ResourceType_Event\' AND `SiteTree`.ShowInSearch = 1');
1117: [22:30:27] * mobiusnz has joined #silverstripe
1118: [22:33:51] <BPower> simon_w|air: ^ :)
1119: [22:34:55] <simon_w|air> BPower, then you're in Draft mode
1120: [22:35:05] <simon_w|air> Also, www
1121: [22:35:39] <BPower> "www"?
1122: [22:35:48] <simon_w|air> eww
1123: [22:35:59] <simon_w|air> Page::get()->filter('ShowInSearch', 1)->exclude('ClassName', 'ResourceType_Event')
1124: [22:36:25] <BPower> Sure, but how many SQL queries does that make?
1125: [22:36:44] <BPower> or does it filter everything in PHP?
1126: [22:38:04] <BPower> And I'm not sure what you mean by "Draft mode". I'm completely logged out.
1127: [22:38:06] <simon_w|air> That makes one query
1128: [22:39:45] <BPower> simon_w|air: so it doesn't actually execute the query until you start looping on it?
1129: [22:39:57] <simon_w|air> Yes
1130: [22:40:01] <BPower> smart.
1131: [22:40:25] <BPower> ok, did you see my comment on "Draft mode"?
1132: [22:42:37] <simon_w|air> Have you tried your-url?stage=Live?
1133: [22:44:19] <BPower> simon_w|air: Same result. I guess I should clarify. It's not displaying all drafts in addition to their published counter parts. It's displaying one of each and a few of them happen to be draft (never published).
1134: [22:47:54] <irogue> whoa, Telecom's about to get very shit
1135: [22:47:55] <irogue> http://techday.com/the-channel/news/ingram-micro-signs-telecom-nz-distie-deal/167664/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
1136: [22:48:42] <Pyromanik> irogue: so basically things stay the same, except now it's officially locked in?
1137: [22:49:01] <Pyromanik> eeehheheheheehe "Bigwood"
1138: [22:49:11] <Pyromanik> what an (un)fortunate name...
1139: [22:51:42] <irogue> could be worse
1140: [22:52:01] <irogue> there's a british kid whose cover is popular on youtube at the moment
1141: [22:52:05] <irogue> Lloyd Smallwood
1142: [22:53:50] <BPower> simon_w|air: anything else I can try? Maybe I'm googling wrong but I can't find anything there.
1143: [22:54:48] <BPower> PS - I updated to the chained queries as you suggested too.
1144: [22:54:53] <ss23> Someone should make Silverstripe redirect to HTTPS if the secure flag on the session cookie is set to on
1145: [22:55:52] <BPower> ss23: it actually creates problems in some server setups, like ours. Especially load balanced setups.
1146: [22:57:38] <BPower> chillu: any thoughts?
1147: [22:58:01] <BPower> chillu: And hello from California!
1148: [22:58:16] * unsignedint has joined #silverstripe
1149: [23:03:13] <chillu> BPower: What was the questin?
1150: [23:03:22] * irogue quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
1151: [23:03:33] * irogue has joined #silverstripe
1152: [23:03:49] <BPower> Basically, Page::get()->filter('ShowInSearch', 1)->exclude('ClassName', 'ResourceType_Event') is including never-published drafts. How can I filter them out so only published pages show?
1153: [23:04:23] <ss23> BPower: Hmm
1154: [23:04:50] <ss23> meh
1155: [23:06:47] * catcher quit (Quit: Leaving)
1156: [23:08:55] <Pyromanik> BPower: what?
1157: [23:09:16] <Pyromanik> ermm
1158: [23:09:25] <Pyromanik> 10:55 < BPower> ss23: it actually creates problems in some server setups, like ours. Especially load balanced setups.
1159: [23:09:29] <Pyromanik> what?
1160: [23:09:44] <ss23> Pyromanik: The secure flag is set for clients, so it might be that you don't do SSL on the SS end, but do on the client end
1161: [23:09:49] <ss23> So like, I can see a possible issue there...
1162: [23:10:02] <Pyromanik> also, for published pages, the versioned enxtension should add it automagically. If it's not happening, someone's probably disabled it earlier in the callstack.
1163: [23:10:52] <BPower> chillu: (not sure if you saw my reply above) also, here's the actual query: $Resources = ResourcePage::get()->filter('ShowInSearch', 1)->exclude('ClassName', 'ResourceType_Event')->sort('Created DESC');
1164: [23:11:54] <BPower> Pyromanik: how would someone disable it? E.g. something I can grep for
1165: [23:12:56] <chillu> BPower: You can either make that explicit on the query via $myList->dataQuery()->setQueryParam('Versioned.mode', 'stage');
1166: [23:13:14] <chillu> Or the old fasioned way through Versioned::set_reading_mode('stage');
1167: [23:13:36] <irogue> 10:55 < BPower> ss23: it actually creates problems in some server setups, like ours. Especially load balanced setups.
1168: [23:13:40] <irogue> yeah that'd be a problem for us too
1169: [23:13:57] <irogue> SSL is terminated at the load balancer, as far as the web server knows it's a non-secure connection
1170: [23:14:06] <ss23> Do you guys ever use the secure flag though?
1171: [23:14:10] <ss23> It's not on by default, right?
1172: [23:14:37] <simon_w|air> We do
1173: [23:14:40] <simon_w|air> And it isn't
1174: [23:15:31] <BPower> chillu: Pyromanik: I'm in a custom Controller that's routed via yml, and return $this->renderWith('example',array(some-data)), does that make a difference? I put Versioned::set_reading_mode('live'); immediately before the query to no avail.
1175: [23:15:57] <ss23> Maybe it should be an option, redirectToSSLForLogin-YouNooby
1176: [23:16:00] <ss23> = true
1177: [23:16:01] <ss23> :D
1178: [23:17:37] <simon_w|air> So, something like Director::forceSSL();? :p
1179: [23:17:41] <ss23> Yeah!
1180: [23:17:45] <ss23> Something like that existing option
1181: [23:17:46] <ss23> :D
1182: [23:18:19] <simon_w|air> Ah, I remember when we first switched to SSL. The login form stopped working.
1183: [23:20:14] <simon_w|air> Because the login form was on the non-SSL marketing site, and the SSL redirect always redirected so the POST was lost
1184: [23:20:49] <ss23> so the second login would work, right?
1185: [23:21:00] <simon_w|air> yeah
1186: [23:24:18] <Pyromanik> so in conclusion, SSL _all_ the things!
1187: [23:25:21] <BPower> chillu: Versioned.mode and set_reading_mode don't appear anywhere...
1188: [23:26:20] <chillu> BPower: Use a custom getter in your controller where you set that state right before making the quer
1189: [23:26:24] <chillu> y
1190: [23:26:51] * supernovah has joined #silverstripe
1191: [23:27:27] <BPower> you mean, do what I did in my second to last comment here? or something else?
1192: [23:27:32] <BPower> chillu: ^
1193: [23:27:38] * Stomach quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1194: [23:27:51] <supernovah> How do I dictate who sees a modelAdmin tab in the CMS? currently it's just the defaultadmin account
1195: [23:28:56] <chillu> BPower: Oh, you need to call toArray() on the result to ensure the query is actually executed right there, and not later when its looped over in a template
1196: [23:29:35] * howardgrigg has joined #silverstripe
1197: [23:30:01] <Pyromanik> supernovah: with access rights
1198: [23:30:07] <Pyromanik> on security tab
1199: [23:30:10] <BPower> hm.... so $Resources = ResourcePage::get()->filter( ... ... )->toArray(); or $Resources = ResourcePage::get()->filter( ... ... ); $Resources->toArray();
1200: [23:30:19] <BPower> ?
1201: [23:31:16] <chillu> Both should work
1202: [23:31:24] <supernovah> Oh thankyou Pyromanik
1203: [23:32:39] <supernovah> bb
1204: [23:36:00] <BPower> chillu: Pyromanik: simon_w|air: Neither worked. Here's the code: https://gist.github.com/nathanbrauer/649d9e7a4315302ddee0
1205: [23:36:11] <chillu> Gotta go, good luck!
1206: [23:36:19] * chillu quit (Quit: chillu)
1207: [23:36:33] <ss23> $page = new Page(array('Content' => 'Help me. My house is on fire. This is less than optimal.'));
1208: [23:36:37] <ss23> rofl
1209: [23:38:58] <ss23> simon_w|air: noms when you want if you want etc ^.^
1210: [23:41:00] * mobiusnz quit (Quit: Leaving.)
1211: [23:47:50] <simon_w|air> Phew, my external hdd didn't die on me just as I wiped my internal erie
1212: [23:47:53] <simon_w|air> *drive
1213: [23:48:02] * simon_w|air quit (Remote host closed the connection)
1214: [23:48:24] * simon_w|air has joined #silverstripe
1215: [23:48:46] <simon_w|air> Turns out xchat azure is really good at just randomly quitting too
1216: [23:49:02] <ss23> lol
1217: [23:49:11] <ss23> simon_w|air: Did you see what I said?!
1218: [23:49:20] <simon_w|air> I'm about to
1219: [23:49:26] <ss23> You're about to see it? :O
1220: [23:49:27] <simon_w|air> Yes
1221: [23:49:30] <ss23> mmk
1222: [23:49:42] <simon_w|air> I thought you meant you said something between my quit and join!
1223: [23:49:48] <simon_w|air> Made me go look at the logs for no reason :p
1224: [23:49:57] <ss23> XD
1225: [23:49:59] <ss23> no!
1226: [23:50:44] * metanat has joined #silverstripe
1227: [23:50:54] <simon_w|air> metanat, you're wrong!
1228: [23:50:57] <simon_w|air> HHVM has PDO support :p
1229: [23:50:58] <metanat> haha
1230: [23:51:06] <metanat> Yeah.
1231: [23:51:11] <metanat> Just not mysqli support
1232: [23:51:23] <simon_w|air> Yeah, but you should be using postgres anyway :p
1233: [23:51:33] <metanat> Sorry, I didn't realise I said it didn't.
1234: [23:51:47] <metanat> It doesn't support postgres from what I can tell
1235: [23:51:57] <metanat> i mean pg_query
1236: [23:52:02] <simon_w|air> https://github.com/PocketRent/hiphop-php does :p
1237: [23:52:14] <metanat> oh yay!
1238: [23:52:15] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
1239: [23:52:25] <metanat> simon_w|air: I got things working without it anyways
1240: [23:52:47] <metanat> Not a good fix, but I am using Damians pdo connector branch
1241: [23:53:05] <ss23> wtf
1242: [23:53:11] <ss23> Does Sara Golemon work for Facebook now?
1243: [23:53:17] <ss23> Sh e has commits to hiphop
1244: [23:53:20] <simon_w|air> She has for some time?
1245: [23:53:26] <ss23> aw kk
1246: [23:53:31] <ss23> I read her book
1247: [23:53:32] <BPower> I'm going to try this on two different servers and see what happens.
1248: [23:53:48] <metanat> simon_w|air: the speed of hhvm is pretty impressive
1249: [23:53:50] <ss23> simon_w|air: Tell games to get a dammed avatar.
1250: [23:53:59] <metanat> I was getting 400 reqs/s
1251: [23:54:00] <BPower> Different question, should $this->Categories()->column('Title') still work in 3.04?
1252: [23:54:30] <simon_w|air> metanat, just wait until the go-faster switch kicks in :p
1253: [23:54:33] <simon_w|air> BPower, yes
1254: [23:54:51] <metanat> simon_w|air: What branch are your changes on?
1255: [23:55:07] <simon_w|air> both of em
1256: [23:55:22] <simon_w|air> The debian branch builds on debian, the master branch builds on arch
1257: [23:57:50] <BPower> simon_w|air: thanks - I see now that it's trying to work right, but it's giving me an error: ... ORDER BY SortOrder ASC Unknown column 'SortOrder' in 'field list'. SortOrder is an Int field in CategoryPage and $default_sort = 'SortOrder ASC'
1258: [23:59:16] <BPower> simon_w|air: it works when I comment out the $default_sort line.
1259: [23:59:44] <UncleCheese> There's no GreaterThanEqual filter in the ORM?
1260: [23:59:57] <simon_w|air> UncleCheese, exclude LessThan

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.