#silverstripe IRC Log

IRC log for 3 June 2013

All timestamps are in UTC.

1: [00:01:49] * willr_ has joined #silverstripe
2: [00:05:18] * Pyromanik__ has joined #silverstripe
3: [00:20:14] * helenclarko has joined #silverstripe
4: [00:20:54] <helenclarko> Can someone help me to setup the ecommerce module?
5: [00:21:55] <helenclarko> Everytime I click add item to cart it takes me to a page that doesnt exist. Its trying to take me to a /add page which doesnt exist.
6: [00:23:13] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
7: [00:26:49] <Colin[pi]> wow I rebuilt my dev box over the weekend, and realised I wasn't using a PHP cache... hollly crap does it fly now
8: [00:28:53] * Pyromanik__ has left #silverstripe
9: [00:32:17] * instabil has joined #silverstripe
10: [00:32:25] <instabil> bonjour
11: [00:35:07] <instabil> any idea why $DateVar.Format(d.m.Y) does not work in ss3?
12: [00:35:55] <instabil> if i leave out Y or put a space like (d.m. Y) it shows correct, but like above, just disappears
13: [00:41:21] <instabil> also (dmY) works, but looks quite bad
14: [00:41:45] <helenclarko> Can someone help me to setup the ecommerce module?
15: [00:41:54] <helenclarko> Everytime I click add item to cart it takes me to a page that doesnt exist. Its trying to take me to a /add page which doesnt exist.
16: [00:42:40] <instabil> solution: (d\.m\.Y)
17: [00:44:27] <instabil> who's gut vodka?
18: [00:44:29] <instabil> got
19: [00:50:33] <willr_> helenclarko which commerce module?
20: [00:50:38] <willr_> 3-4 now
21: [00:52:31] <willr_> instabil sorry, only whisky in this house :)
22: [00:53:45] <willr_> instabil - you can also quote arguments in 3.0 - Format("d.m.y")
23: [00:55:03] <instabil> oh
24: [00:55:14] <instabil> looks better
25: [00:56:29] <instabil> thanks
26: [00:56:44] <instabil> now back to the whisky
27: [00:58:30] * Colin[pi] wants whiskey
28: [00:59:54] <Colin[pi]> try Outlook for your email they said, it will improve your productivity they said
29: [01:00:00] <Colin[pi]> god it's hideous
30: [01:15:01] <instabil> :D
31: [01:15:08] <instabil> ops
32: [01:15:10] <instabil> :(
33: [01:16:04] <instabil> may for outlook, absenth would be the right choice
34: [01:16:18] <instabil> absinthe
35: [01:23:42] <Colin[pi]> absinthe for outlook? wha?
36: [01:29:17] <nikrolls> From what I've heard, Absinthe gives you quite a different outlook.
37: [01:30:52] <Colin[pi]> ahh hehe
38: [01:31:18] <Colin[pi]> yes I had some at a bar recently... bit of a headache the next day
39: [01:31:39] <nikrolls> Oh, there's that too
40: [01:45:43] <Colin[pi]> this channel is so quiet without people asking simon_w questions and his snarky replies
41: [01:45:49] <Colin[pi]> ;)
42: [01:47:06] <willr_> Colin[pi] also a public holiday in NZ
43: [01:47:17] <nikrolls> :)
44: [01:47:17] <willr_> So ~10 people down or so
45: [01:47:54] <willr_> Simons on holiday for 2 weeks. We'll try and cope without him
46: [02:14:15] * instabil quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
47: [02:59:28] * MrJeremy has joined #silverstripe
48: [03:06:53] * cloph_away1 has joined #silverstripe
49: [03:07:08] * cloph_away quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
50: [03:21:40] <MrJeremy> Just made it so that when using uploadify code if you have and classes of "uploadifyGlobalPreviewBar" it will apprend the preview image to each one :)
51: [03:22:06] <MrJeremy> ops that was ment for im
52: [03:22:08] * MrJeremy has left #silverstripe
53: [03:22:13] <Colin[pi]> lol
54: [03:22:54] * MrJeremy has joined #silverstripe
55: [03:54:43] * Motoservo quit (Quit: Shhh. I'm trying to get some sleep here.)
56: [04:11:57] * willr_ quit (Quit: willr_)
57: [04:15:28] * DigNZ has joined #silverstripe
58: [04:37:05] * DigNZ quit (Quit: DigNZ)
59: [04:40:13] * Jayden has joined #silverstripe
60: [04:43:10] * Liquide quit ()
61: [04:43:19] <Jayden> Hi, I am having issues with file uploads not respecting allowedMaxFileNumber after changing type in $has_one from 'Image' to 'File' (I made the change to get SVG working properly)
62: [04:43:52] <Jayden> how can I repair the db after making such a change without wiping all my content?
63: [04:45:40] <Jayden> I have already tried manually updating the 'class name' fields of 'File' table to 'File' values but I dont know what else to do
64: [04:51:35] * joelpittet has joined #silverstripe
65: [04:56:43] * instabil has joined #silverstripe
66: [05:12:48] * DigNZ has joined #silverstripe
67: [05:12:49] * DigNZ quit (Client Quit)
68: [05:44:32] * joelpittet quit (Remote host closed the connection)
69: [06:20:58] <Jayden> Can you guys here me? First attempt to chat here...
70: [06:25:09] * Jayden quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
71: [06:25:13] * Jayden909090 has joined #silverstripe
72: [06:25:36] <Jayden909090> Hi, can you guys hear me now?
73: [06:30:57] <Colin[pi]> yep can hear you, it's a bit quiet in here at the moment
74: [06:37:26] * SightUnseen has joined #silverstripe
75: [06:38:56] * Motoservo has joined #silverstripe
76: [06:39:17] * priithansen has joined #silverstripe
77: [06:39:18] <Jayden909090> haha thanks for replying
78: [06:39:19] * SightUnseen has left #silverstripe
79: [06:39:37] <Jayden909090> I am having issues with file uploads not respecting allowedMaxFileNumber after changing type in $has_one from 'Image' to 'File' (I made the change to get SVG working properly) How can I repair the db after making such a change without wiping all my content? I have already tried manually updating the 'class name' fields of 'File' table to 'File' values but I dont know what else to do
80: [07:06:33] * helenclarko quit (Quit: Page closed)
81: [07:07:41] * ugly_duck quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
82: [07:18:26] * chillu has joined #silverstripe
83: [07:22:06] * PigeonFriend has joined #silverstripe
84: [07:24:48] <PigeonFriend> Hi chillu: you about?did you seem the bug abount $manifest not being in global scope?
85: [07:25:02] <chillu> URL?
86: [07:25:09] <PigeonFriend> chillu: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/2041
87: [07:25:11] <PigeonFriend> that's the patch
88: [07:25:39] <PigeonFriend> when going to sitemap.xml I was getting fatal errors from Deprecation class due to global $manifest being a non-object
89: [07:25:50] <PigeonFriend> I'm not sure that's the right way to fix the error, but it works :)
90: [07:26:15] <PigeonFriend> that line of Deprecation is the only in all of framework that I could find declaring $manifest as global
91: [07:26:17] <chillu> hm I wonder why that hasn't cropped up earlier, shoulnd't that appear on every backtrace/error then?
92: [07:27:09] <PigeonFriend> erm... not every backtrace, just ones that throw Deprecations. TBH, it's an odd one and only something that's cropped up on one of our dev's machines - though it does it consistently on all framework installs
93: [07:29:24] <PigeonFriend> chillu: hmm, thinking about it, he was working on staticpublisher... maybe something is happening in those files that is stopping $manifest being in global scope... but I honestly couldn't find it ever being made global other than in Deprecation
94: [07:29:33] <chillu> the method doesn't get called on normal deprecations, right - you need $module_version_overrides set.
95: [07:29:56] <chillu> Yeah, I'm confident in the fix, I'm just trying to understand the cause :)
96: [07:30:17] <PigeonFriend> chillu: of course.. hmm, ok, I can check Mark_M's code to see what module is adding them
97: [07:30:27] <PigeonFriend> if any
98: [07:30:31] <chillu> yep its staticpublisher, see https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-staticpublisher/blob/master/_config.php
99: [07:30:48] <chillu> alright merged
100: [07:30:54] <PigeonFriend> ah
101: [07:30:55] <PigeonFriend> ok
102: [07:30:57] <PigeonFriend> brill, thanks
103: [07:31:20] <PigeonFriend> :)
104: [07:31:29] * g4b0 has joined #silverstripe
105: [07:31:30] <chillu> How stable do you find 3.1 these days? We're getting close to an RC
106: [07:32:14] <PigeonFriend> chillu: pretty stable, tbh. Most issues are with modules and they're minor.
107: [07:32:31] <PigeonFriend> I tihnk we have two live sites running 3.1 and haven't had many client complaints
108: [07:32:48] <PigeonFriend> (most complaints relate to something we did wrong OR something we patched but didn't make it before go-live)
109: [07:32:54] <chillu> Cool, that's good to hear - there's not many issues left on the milestone, I'm just trying to identify any other potential blockers. We're finally able to merge back translations again, which was one of those remaining criticals
110: [07:34:37] <PigeonFriend> coolies. yer, most issues came from things like staticpublisher or RestfulServer or some other core func that's been pulled out. simple things like: https://github.com/silverstripe-labs/silverstripe-staticpublisher/pull/18/files
111: [07:34:40] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
112: [07:36:00] <PigeonFriend> ps chillu: Any bugs we do find, we're patching pretty quick as we're actively deving with 3.1
113: [07:36:19] <chillu> yeah, and a massive thanks for that :)
114: [07:36:40] <PigeonFriend> ;) pleasure - i think the guys here like contributing too
115: [07:38:13] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
116: [07:38:13] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#210 (3.1 - d5510f5 : Ingo Schommer): The build passed.
117: [07:38:13] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/fa66593960e6...d5510f54b378
118: [07:38:13] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/7726488
119: [07:38:13] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
120: [07:38:24] * Jayden909090 quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
121: [07:38:35] <PigeonFriend> What do you make of Willmorgan's thoughts on validation and so on? He dreams of seperating out the $controller from a Form, so that the controller acts on the state of the form, rather than it taking redirects and so on into it's own hands. At the moment, you can't submit a form through an API or any other method.. probably a discussion for another time as I need to prep for the morning
122: [07:38:35] <PigeonFriend> meeting here... but I thought it was a nice idea
123: [07:44:25] <chillu> yeah frankly I don't have the brain cycles to give this much thought at the moment, all OSS time needs to be invested to get 3.1 out for me. Forms and model/form validation has long been due for a refactor
124: [07:47:10] * zfmf1 has joined #silverstripe
125: [07:47:12] <PigeonFriend> chillu: sure, I'll let Will ponder it. I think he wants to implement it soon, so he may have something for 3.2
126: [07:47:25] <PigeonFriend> also, when are you next coming to london? It'd be good to have you in the office again :P
127: [07:48:49] <chillu> Heh yeah that would be nice again, so much going on with SS in London! Mike is staying here with us in Cologne this week :)
128: [07:49:08] <PigeonFriend> whoop. hey to Mike. I hope his travelling is going well
129: [07:53:39] <Colin[pi]> Hey chillu, any thoughts on a 3.x book?
130: [07:53:46] <Colin[pi]> don't slap me
131: [07:53:47] <Colin[pi]> ;)
132: [07:54:05] * chillu lowers his arm again ;)
133: [07:55:10] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
134: [07:56:12] <chillu> None in sight, but if you know a good technical writer (or well versed dev) with SS experience, point him my way. I think we'd need to make a pretty solid case to the publisher, who owns the rights on the previous content
135: [08:01:52] * instabil quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
136: [08:01:55] * kinglozzer has joined #silverstripe
137: [08:09:05] * willmorgan has joined #silverstripe
138: [08:11:01] <Colin[pi]> chillu: yeah I mean it would still take a fair bit of work, but you could take the bulk of the first book (say 60%?) with very little modification, and revise for SS3 specifics
139: [08:11:20] <Colin[pi]> it's not an easy task though, I understand :)
140: [08:20:15] <chillu> its both a question of work + how does it, but also about convincing the publisher its worth doing a new edition
141: [08:20:27] <chillu> s/how/who
142: [08:26:33] <g4b0> chillu: what about https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/2039 ?
143: [08:33:00] * MrJeremy has left #silverstripe
144: [08:39:24] <chillu> g4b0: its in my queue for today
145: [08:42:42] * popeshoe has joined #silverstripe
146: [08:45:05] <g4b0> thaks chillu
147: [08:45:12] <g4b0> a question
148: [08:45:25] <g4b0> if I would like to update the italian translate
149: [08:45:41] <g4b0> a pull request is sufficient?
150: [08:47:21] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
151: [08:55:39] * g4b0 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
152: [09:03:51] * g4b0 has joined #silverstripe
153: [09:07:48] * osterlaus has joined #silverstripe
154: [09:19:59] * osterlaus quit (Quit: Leaving.)
155: [09:37:41] * Teqz has joined #silverstripe
156: [09:43:38] * instabil has joined #silverstripe
157: [09:46:50] * zauberfisch has joined #silverstripe
158: [10:06:51] * Hippieee has joined #silverstripe
159: [10:06:55] * MrJeremy has joined #silverstripe
160: [10:07:17] <MrJeremy> ok who broke File()!
161: [10:09:40] <MrJeremy> $file = new File();
162: [10:09:40] <MrJeremy> $file->Filename = "assets/someother/dir/mycat.jpg";
163: [10:09:40] <MrJeremy> $file->write();
164: [10:09:40] <MrJeremy> $file->Filename; //"assets/mycat.jpg"
165: [10:09:40] <MrJeremy> ??? why when
166: [10:09:41] <MrJeremy> File::get()->filter(array("ID" => $file->ID))->first()->Filenamel //"assets/someother/dir/mycat.jpg";
167: [10:13:43] * Hippiee quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
168: [10:14:17] <kinglozzer> MrJeremy: Looking at File->onBeforeWrite(), it updates the Filename to that in memory only
169: [10:14:56] <kinglozzer> Wait no, I'm talking rubbish there
170: [10:18:59] <kinglozzer> Doesn't seem right though. File->write() == DataObject->write() so there's nothing in there, onAfterWrite() calls updateFilesystem(), could be something in there causing it
171: [10:19:10] * nikrolls quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
172: [10:22:19] <MrJeremy> ill write a bug report at some stage. But its like its internally running $file->Name (after write) and overwriting the Filename and then caching it in the orm. perhaps
173: [10:24:05] <MrJeremy> I suspect some sort of onafterwrite action inside File is breaking it as its correct in the database
174: [10:24:07] <kinglozzer> MrJeremy: onAfterWrite() calls updateFileSystem() which does: $this->setField('Filename', $this->getRelativePath());
175: [10:24:19] <kinglozzer> Possibly something in that>
176: [10:25:10] <MrJeremy> ah ok ill patch my code for now, then submit a patch when I get a spare ms of time
177: [10:27:41] * Guits has joined #silverstripe
178: [10:35:27] <PigeonFriend> Hi everyone, how do I add a new form action to the gridfield edit view?
179: [10:43:03] * osterlaus has joined #silverstripe
180: [10:47:05] * osterlaus quit (Client Quit)
181: [10:49:22] * priithansen quit (Quit: priithansen)
182: [10:54:37] <MrJeremy> PigeonFriend: Sorry havnt used grid's much
183: [11:02:11] <MrJeremy> kinglozzer: patch fixed my script (if your intersted)
184: [11:02:11] <MrJeremy> Someone said others were having issues yesterday in the Irc with file().
185: [11:02:11] <MrJeremy> to fix it you can $file = File::get()->filter(array("ID" => $file->ID))->first(); after a write and it seems to clear the cache
186: [11:02:26] <MrJeremy> * to patch
187: [11:02:32] <kinglozzer> Cool
188: [11:02:42] <MrJeremy> cheers for your help
189: [11:03:23] <kinglozzer> How can I provide a link to a file in the CMS? DataObject has_one File. UploadField only provides a link if someone has canEdit() permissions and clicks 'Edit'
190: [11:03:43] <kinglozzer> Can do it with a LiteralField, wanted to know if there's a better way though
191: [11:06:01] <MrJeremy> I just added a $has_one File. Perhaps if you get the file there is some sort of Link() through the model admin
192: [11:10:21] <kinglozzer> Yeah, basically form submissions are saved as DataObjects, attached files in the has_one. Need a link in the 'edit' form. CC chillu :D
193: [11:13:03] * g4b0 quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
194: [11:17:15] <kinglozzer> Oh, it's in File->getCMSFields(). ReadonlyField with ->dontEscape(true);
195: [11:20:51] * zauberfisch quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
196: [11:21:15] * zauberfisch has joined #silverstripe
197: [11:36:10] * g4b0 has joined #silverstripe
198: [11:43:34] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
199: [11:43:34] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] chillu/sapphire#165 (pulls/onchange-tinymce-trigger - d2eef63 : Ingo Schommer): The build failed.
200: [11:43:34] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/chillu/sapphire/compare/1a19e27bd01d^...d2eef63b7da7
201: [11:43:34] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/chillu/sapphire/builds/7731560
202: [11:43:34] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
203: [11:54:41] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
204: [11:54:41] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-cms#405 (3.1 - 238f290 : g4b0): The build passed.
205: [11:54:41] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/compare/5175352ed13c...238f2908e5f9
206: [11:54:41] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/builds/7731858
207: [11:54:41] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
208: [12:01:08] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
209: [12:01:09] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#214 (3.1 - e137d9e : Ingo Schommer): The build passed.
210: [12:01:09] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/d5510f54b378...e137d9e2f0b8
211: [12:01:09] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/7731872
212: [12:01:09] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
213: [12:03:05] * Shrike_Finland has joined #silverstripe
214: [12:06:55] * anujit has joined #silverstripe
215: [12:07:50] <anujit> Hi
216: [12:07:54] <anujit> I need help....
217: [12:07:56] * UndefinedOffset has joined #silverstripe
218: [12:08:13] * toebu has joined #silverstripe
219: [12:08:25] <anujit> I want click on image and go to an external
220: [12:08:27] <anujit> link
221: [12:11:45] <g4b0> what's happen after translating on getlocalization.com?
222: [12:13:19] <g4b0> Do I have to do anything else to see my translation merged in core?
223: [12:23:32] * anujit quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
224: [12:26:36] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
225: [12:26:37] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-cms#406 (3.1 - b7b2839 : Ingo Schommer): The build passed.
226: [12:26:37] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/compare/238f2908e5f9...b7b2839df7e0
227: [12:26:37] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/builds/7732241
228: [12:26:37] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
229: [12:30:21] <popeshoe> is there a way to externally stop a scheduled task from running?
230: [12:33:32] * instabil_ has joined #silverstripe
231: [12:35:12] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
232: [12:36:07] * instabil quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
233: [12:36:11] <popeshoe> so i have a module that is running an hourlytask but i've replaced it with a quarterhourly one, is there a way i can stop the hourly one from running without fiddling with that file directly?
234: [12:37:01] * Shrike_Finland quit (Quit: Leaving.)
235: [12:45:20] * ARNHOE quit (Remote host closed the connection)
236: [12:45:20] * Colin[pi] quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
237: [12:45:41] <willmorgan> chillu: for RestfulServer, I have a few amends which I'm using in my local branch
238: [12:46:37] <willmorgan> https://github.com/BetterBrief/silverstripe-restfulserver/compare/master...improved
239: [12:47:02] <chillu> whew!
240: [12:47:16] <willmorgan> i'm now at a tricky point - this validation stuff
241: [12:47:33] <willmorgan> and i really want to submit this to corre
242: [12:47:50] <willmorgan> this is what i have so far for validation (not fully working but getting there): https://gist.github.com/willmorgan/5697852
243: [12:48:40] <willmorgan> there are 2 ways i see: replacing ValidationResult with ImprovedValidationResult
244: [12:48:43] <willmorgan> OR...
245: [12:49:09] <willmorgan> in restfulserver, adding an ->extend for handleValidationError in RestfulServer (it's a new method)
246: [12:50:27] * mento has joined #silverstripe
247: [12:51:29] <willmorgan> that would basically involve allowing a dataextension to parse ValidationResult objects in to ArrayLists and then sending them off to the corresponding formatter for conversion
248: [12:51:48] <willmorgan> at the moment the ValidationResult is passed directly to the formatter
249: [12:52:05] <willmorgan> but there's no real need to do that
250: [12:52:33] <mento> in SilverStripe 3.0 you have this nice toggle set with Meta-data - how can i make one my own? Is it a tabset or a togglecompositefield ? :/ i'm a bit confused, just working with 3.0.x for the first time
251: [12:53:42] <mento> http://api.silverstripe.org/3.0/class-TabSet.html - says it's created with the tabstrip JS library - aint these tabs using jquery UI?
252: [12:53:50] <chillu> willmorgan: I'm not sure how we want to go about composite validation results from multiple classes, so I'd rather leave this to a more deliberate long-term API design decision
253: [12:54:21] <willmorgan> okay, no problem
254: [12:54:26] <chillu> In the REST and DO->write() usecase, there's always a 1:1 (afaict), but when forms come into play we need to be more careful
255: [12:54:52] <willmorgan> in that case, I'd appreciate it massively if you had a few minutes to have a look at the improved branch on BB's fork
256: [12:55:06] <willmorgan> because the route I will take is by improving RestfulServer directly and then adding in an extend hook
257: [12:55:26] <willmorgan> unless you don't want any of those changes, in which case I can just put all of this code in to mysite/ and be done with it :)
258: [12:55:52] <chillu> The SF2 validator is architecturally separate from forms or models, and in my 5 min thoughts on the subject that's a good way to keep it: http://symfony.com/doc/master/book/validation.html
259: [12:56:15] <willmorgan> yeah, i saw the links on open.ss.org as well
260: [12:56:39] <willmorgan> but the improved branch refers to restfulserver, not validation
261: [12:56:49] * g4b0 quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
262: [12:57:08] <chillu> ok, i'll see how far i can get through code review in ~10 mins, but in the end you should submit the isolated functional pieces as separate PRs which can be collaboratively reviewed
263: [12:57:29] <willmorgan> ok, noted, and thanks very much
264: [12:57:56] <willmorgan> I also had a word with PigeonFriend about the security idea you DM'd me about the other day
265: [12:58:07] * MrJeremy quit (Quit: MrJeremy)
266: [12:58:50] <willmorgan> unless I'm thinking about it incorrectly, doesn't it increase the attack surface?
267: [13:09:02] <kinglozzer> mento: It's a ToggleCompositeField
268: [13:14:03] * Hippieee quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
269: [13:14:28] <chillu> OK, back to main chat willmorgan - I think https://github.com/BetterBrief/silverstripe-restfulserver/commit/a639c08cbb59fdaabe4514565afc61fc605023e9 warrants a discussion on the mailinglist about the general direction of RestfulServer architecture, but I don't have the time to drive it. Commented inlinef or now
270: [13:15:01] <mento> kinglozzer: thanks, digging into it
271: [13:18:43] * g4b0 has joined #silverstripe
272: [13:19:42] <kinglozzer> mento: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/blob/3.0/code/model/SiteTree.php#L1841
273: [13:20:12] <mento> Are we able to change the height of a htmleditorfield, as we are used to in 2.4?
274: [13:20:13] <kinglozzer> That's the SiteTree one you were talking about
275: [13:20:24] <kinglozzer> mento: ->setRows()
276: [13:20:37] <kinglozzer> Default is 30
277: [13:20:48] <mento> kinglozzer: thanks, got the togglecompositefield example from sitetree.php :) thanks though
278: [13:20:48] <chillu> willmorgan: I'm unsure how to handle relations when there's a 1:1 between a RestfulServer instance and a single model… Have you seen http://django-rest-framework.org/? Looks pretty capable and battle tested, so we might be able to draw some inspiration from it
279: [13:21:11] * aragonne quit (Quit: aragonne)
280: [13:22:41] <chillu> In particular, I don't want the <model>_API class to turn into some kind of "composite god object" for pseudo-extending the class, we should rather split along concerns like validators/serializers/parsers etc
281: [13:23:39] <willmorgan> the main reason for *_API is for bootstrapping the naked object methods
282: [13:24:28] <willmorgan> i put it in to a specific class because i didn't want all the API methods to be sitting directly in the model
283: [13:25:00] <willmorgan> when a lot of the code i thought i'd be writing would be mostly taking parameters from HTTP and putting them in to the method
284: [13:25:30] <willmorgan> most of it would be custom POST stuff
285: [13:25:40] <willmorgan> like Member/changePassword
286: [13:26:02] <chillu> Yeah, *might* make sense - I would suggest that you outline your rationale in the pull request. In general the changes look fit to go into a pull request, I would recommend that you send a separate PR for the easy ones so we can get them out of the way, so to speak. But most of them need a bit of unit test coverage first.
287: [13:26:04] <willmorgan> there's no real method on Member that handles that
288: [13:26:31] <willmorgan> okay, sure
289: [13:27:22] <chillu> api/v1/Member/changePassword isn't restful ;) ;)
290: [13:27:44] <chillu> jk, RestfulServer is a utility, not an ideology
291: [13:28:00] <willmorgan> you better be jk!
292: [13:28:07] <chillu> :D
293: [13:28:47] <willmorgan> otherwise you can explain to me how a non logged in member without edit permissions should be updating the member and sending a reset email for /lostPassword
294: [13:29:21] <willmorgan> well, maybe with application permissions and some memorable user data
295: [13:29:23] <willmorgan> but still!
296: [13:33:19] <chillu> In an ideal world, curl -H "Accept: application/json" -d "Email=…" /Security/LostPasswordForm, which returns JSON. So reusing existing controller endpoints with variable input/output formats (aka Rails' respond_to)
297: [13:33:54] <willmorgan> pfff, maybe in silverstripe 5
298: [13:34:33] <willmorgan> we have more important features to worry about, like nyan cat buttons in the CMS
299: [13:36:21] <chillu> Oh, do I read slight sarcasm in there? ;) I think REST is quite high on the list for us strategically, its just touching a whole lot of different areas
300: [13:36:51] <willmorgan> sure
301: [13:36:58] <willmorgan> i'd like to get involved
302: [13:37:06] <chillu> or to generalize: non-HTML output format support (Backbone!)
303: [13:37:18] <willmorgan> the last month with doing a lot of contribution on github has been really fun
304: [13:38:30] <chillu> Awesome, great to hear :) I think once the dust has settled on the 3.1 release a bit, core people will have more time to look further ahead. We already have some pretty big initiatives to get over the line like prepared statements and AJShort's app restructure, but better content handling should come pretty close after that IMHO
305: [13:39:02] <willmorgan> is there a public roadmap somewhere?
306: [13:40:59] * Hippiee has joined #silverstripe
307: [13:41:44] <chillu> Not yet, but I'm pushing for a (non-binding) one to give the project a bit of traction and direction going forward
308: [13:42:48] <willmorgan> cool
309: [13:43:11] <willmorgan> I guess this list is just a rolling one then: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues?milestone=2&state=open
310: [13:47:45] <chillu> yeah, that's immediate work for 3.1 to be resolved in a timespan measured in weeks
311: [14:05:02] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
312: [14:05:02] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] chillu/sapphire#166 (pulls/dataobject-duplicate-hasone - f61ab73 : Ingo Schommer): The build failed.
313: [14:05:02] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/chillu/sapphire/commit/f61ab7305dca
314: [14:05:02] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/chillu/sapphire/builds/7735508
315: [14:05:02] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
316: [14:12:08] * zauberfisch quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
317: [14:13:10] * Nivery has joined #silverstripe
318: [14:20:04] <willmorgan> ah shit
319: [14:20:20] <willmorgan> I need to completely re-assign a variable which is an object passed by reference in to ->extend
320: [14:21:28] <willmorgan> any idea how to do that?
321: [14:36:35] * IainKay has joined #silverstripe
322: [14:36:59] <IainKay> hey does anybody have experience using a gridfield in site settings?
323: [14:37:19] <IainKay> ive got the field appearing in site settings okay, able to work with it and update the fields, but not sure how to then get this to display on the homepage
324: [14:38:18] * instabil_ quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
325: [14:46:42] <kinglozzer> IainKay: I've been doing this
326: [14:47:11] <kinglozzer> I created a method for getting them in my controller
327: [14:47:34] <IainKay> so for example you cant do <% with SiteSettings %> <% loop SocialLinks %> ?
328: [14:47:39] <kinglozzer> One possible method that I haven't tried: <% loop SiteConfig.MyGridFieldItems %>
329: [14:47:46] <IainKay> hmm SiteConfig.
330: [14:48:09] <IainKay> that gives me a sorry there was a problem with handling your request error
331: [14:48:49] <kinglozzer> I know that to access single variables you can use $SiteConfig.VariableName
332: [14:49:09] <kinglozzer> As I said, for my GridField I created a method in my PageController
333: [14:49:27] <kinglozzer> Which is just: return SiteContact::get();
334: [14:49:36] <kinglozzer> Where SiteContact is the DataObject managed in the GridField
335: [14:49:50] <IainKay> and you then loop that?
336: [14:49:54] <kinglozzer> Yep
337: [14:50:15] <kinglozzer> So, public function SiteContacts() { return SiteContact::get(); }, <% loop SiteContacts %>
338: [14:52:42] <IainKay> hmm
339: [14:52:47] <IainKay> so u dont have to say SiteConfig.SiteContact at all?
340: [14:54:24] <kinglozzer> I don't in my project. I'm certain I tried using a relation to SiteConfig and it didn't work
341: [14:55:01] <IainKay> ive tried so many methods now, your method gives me an error in php error_log: Class name must be a valid object or a string in Page.php line 51
342: [14:55:33] <IainKay> oh maybe fixed it
343: [14:56:15] <IainKay> wow thanks! that's done it !! :)
344: [14:56:21] <kinglozzer> Cool :)
345: [14:56:23] <IainKay> ive spent at least 10 hours working on this before finding the irc
346: [14:56:25] <IainKay> damnnn lol
347: [14:57:57] <kinglozzer> IRC is awesome ;)
348: [14:58:18] <IainKay> i should print this, show my boss – see IRC /does/ improve productivity :p
349: [14:59:42] <IainKay> another simple question u may know. in site settings can you insert header fields? e.g. to split up the field list
350: [15:04:48] <kinglozzer> Yep
351: [15:05:39] <kinglozzer> $fields->insertAfter(new LiteralField('MyTitle', '<h3>My Title</h3>'), 'Title);
352: [15:05:59] <kinglozzer> Actually there might be a better way now I think of it
353: [15:06:13] <kinglozzer> http://api.silverstripe.org/3.1/class-HeaderField.html
354: [15:06:37] <kinglozzer> $fields->insertAfter(new HeaderField('MyTitle', 'My Title', 3), 'Title');
355: [15:06:42] <kinglozzer> That should do it
356: [15:21:45] * instabil has joined #silverstripe
357: [15:25:02] * dangerdan has joined #silverstripe
358: [15:27:08] <dangerdan> i'm migrating an old website that used to have URL's ending in .php, to a silverstripe one, that obviously doesnt use .php in the URLs, is adding this rule into .htaccess going to cause any issues i might be over looking? http://pastebin.com/grai6c3Z
359: [15:27:47] * Guits quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
360: [15:27:49] <IainKay> thank you so much that is really helpful
361: [15:28:20] <IainKay> at least that will get around the fact i havent got working tabs on the site settings page - and it was getting to be a real mess far too quickly!
362: [15:28:28] * Guits has joined #silverstripe
363: [15:28:29] * Guits quit (Client Quit)
364: [15:33:03] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
365: [15:35:27] * zauberfisch has joined #silverstripe
366: [15:55:56] * g4b0 quit (Quit: Sto andando via)
367: [15:59:13] * mento quit (Quit: Page closed)
368: [16:09:22] <kinglozzer> chillu: Is there any chance of this being merged into 3.1? https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/2037. Wouldn't really constitute an API change as it's new functionality. Not a problem if not, I can always cherry pick it in
369: [16:09:59] * zfmf1 has left #silverstripe
370: [16:10:45] <chillu> its handy, but probably a bit late in the 3.1.0 release cycle unless somebody has time to do a deeper peer review
371: [16:11:07] <chillu> That kind of enhancement can go into subsequent 3.1.x releleases IMHO, so there's no real rush here
372: [16:11:29] <kinglozzer> Okay cool :)
373: [16:11:35] <chillu> We need to slow down the rate of commits to 3.1 to a well controlled minimum, otherwise we'll never get this thing stable+released
374: [16:12:44] <kinglozzer> chillu: Fair enough. Any eta on rc1?
375: [16:12:54] <chillu> soon
376: [16:13:02] <ss23> lol
377: [16:13:03] <kinglozzer> :P
378: [16:13:31] <kinglozzer> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/014/GsE3k.jpg
379: [16:14:04] <kinglozzer> Anyway, home time, cyall
380: [16:14:09] * kinglozzer quit ()
381: [16:20:07] * ARNHOE has joined #silverstripe
382: [16:27:56] * dangerdan quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
383: [16:28:53] * instabil quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
384: [16:37:32] <ec8or_> new VODO release: http://vodo.net/oma
385: [16:46:43] * toddmorey has joined #silverstripe
386: [16:54:51] * chillu quit (Quit: chillu)
387: [17:09:19] * willmorgan quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
388: [17:13:35] * ARNHOE quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
389: [17:15:12] * osterlaus has joined #silverstripe
390: [17:24:48] * Nivery quit (Quit: Nivery)
391: [17:26:55] * toddmorey quit (Quit: Leaving.)
392: [17:36:30] * anujit has joined #silverstripe
393: [17:37:04] * Nivery has joined #silverstripe
394: [17:42:39] * gelignite has joined #silverstripe
395: [17:45:37] <anujit> hi
396: [17:46:02] <anujit> i am facing trouble
397: [17:46:11] <anujit> in reset pwd
398: [17:50:45] <PigeonFriend> anujit: go on
399: [17:51:09] <anujit> actually in the ste in blackcandy t is working
400: [17:51:27] <anujit> but in the customized theme ts not working
401: [17:51:35] * instabil has joined #silverstripe
402: [17:51:36] <PigeonFriend> Sounds like a template issue then
403: [17:51:41] <anujit> yes
404: [17:52:02] <PigeonFriend> so what's the actual problem you're encountering?
405: [17:52:30] <anujit> just need to know which functions in template is responsble.... am i mssing somethng?
406: [17:52:44] <PigeonFriend> responsible for what?
407: [17:52:49] <PigeonFriend> what's the problem you have?
408: [17:52:51] <anujit> button gettng clcked but no action
409: [17:52:53] <PigeonFriend> no form showing, no content?
410: [17:52:55] <PigeonFriend> hmm
411: [17:52:57] <PigeonFriend> ok
412: [17:53:23] <anujit> I am very new
413: [17:53:30] <anujit> to silverstripe
414: [17:58:53] <PigeonFriend> so you click the button to reset a password and "nothing" happens? so "nothing" is what? the form doesnt submit?
415: [17:59:04] <anujit> yes
416: [17:59:15] <anujit> the form does ot submit
417: [18:04:48] * chillu has joined #silverstripe
418: [18:09:34] * zauberfisch quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
419: [18:13:59] * osterlaus quit (Quit: Leaving.)
420: [18:15:10] <PigeonFriend> Then it's probably something to do with your html :(
421: [18:15:13] * PigeonFriend quit ()
422: [18:51:18] * toddmorey has joined #silverstripe
423: [18:55:01] * instabil quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
424: [18:55:42] * anujit quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
425: [18:59:26] * osterlaus has joined #silverstripe
426: [18:59:42] * webguest__ has joined #silverstripe
427: [19:03:21] * osterlaus quit (Client Quit)
428: [19:09:07] * webguest__ has left #silverstripe
429: [19:09:41] * rved has joined #silverstripe
430: [19:19:05] * Nivery quit (Quit: Nivery)
431: [19:26:10] * rved quit (Quit: rved)
432: [19:30:24] * rved has joined #silverstripe
433: [19:31:45] * SightUnseen has joined #silverstripe
434: [19:31:47] * SightUnseen has left #silverstripe
435: [19:44:07] * gumble has joined #silverstripe
436: [19:48:03] * dendeffe has joined #silverstripe
437: [19:50:23] <gumble> if I have MyPage.php in mysite/code then the My Page type should automatically use the /templates/layout/MyPage.ss page type or not?
438: [19:50:51] <gumble> i meant template not page type at the end
439: [19:52:38] * Peavers has joined #silverstripe
440: [19:52:48] * Peavers has left #silverstripe
441: [19:56:45] * instabil has joined #silverstripe
442: [19:58:21] * toddmorey quit (Quit: Leaving.)
443: [19:59:38] * Nivery has joined #silverstripe
444: [19:59:41] * Nivery quit (Client Quit)
445: [19:59:56] * pex has joined #silverstripe
446: [20:13:19] * UndefinedOffset quit (Quit: Leaving.)
447: [20:14:12] <catcher> where's the best place to add a site-wide security group privilege?
448: [20:15:04] <catcher> Page class?
449: [20:18:07] * toddmorey has joined #silverstripe
450: [20:18:25] * toddmorey quit (Client Quit)
451: [20:18:55] * rved quit (Quit: rved)
452: [20:22:13] * Motoservo quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
453: [20:23:38] * Motoservo has joined #silverstripe
454: [20:34:23] * zfmf1 has joined #silverstripe
455: [20:34:31] * zfmf1 has left #silverstripe
456: [20:37:16] * nickmolhoek has joined #silverstripe
457: [20:37:18] * nickmolhoek quit (Remote host closed the connection)
458: [20:37:31] * nickmolhoek has joined #silverstripe
459: [20:38:36] * DigNZ has joined #silverstripe
460: [20:38:37] * DigNZ quit (Remote host closed the connection)
461: [20:38:51] * DigNZ has joined #silverstripe
462: [21:01:26] <gumble> how do I customize which template is used by a page type? please I searched in the docs in developing themes, page type and all I could think of and can't find how to do it.
463: [21:02:35] <onre> just use same name
464: [21:02:41] <onre> WhateverPage uses WhateverPage.ss etc
465: [21:04:44] <gumble> I am using EditProfilePage.php and EditProfilePage.ss because I already thought so but it doesn't work
466: [21:06:44] <gumble> I already ran /dev/build and flush, created a page of that page type but it only displays the content and not the corresponding forms
467: [21:08:08] <gumble> so it actually still uses the templates/layout/Page.ss instead of templates/layout/EditProfilePage.ss
468: [21:09:39] * Pyromanik has joined #silverstripe
469: [21:10:02] <Pyromanik> sp...ronkey :<
470: [21:15:14] * Pat has joined #silverstripe
471: [21:15:23] <Pat> anyone feeling like helping with a URLsegment issue?
472: [21:16:47] <Pyromanik> what is your issue Pat?
473: [21:17:49] <Pat> I'm trying to alter the URL of a page item to use the page title, which is in my case, a book title + author
474: [21:18:32] <Pat> so, the 'read more' link uses the PageTitle in the URL to navigate
475: [21:19:48] * catcher quit (Quit: Leaving)
476: [21:19:57] * nikrolls has joined #silverstripe
477: [21:22:19] <Pat> <pyromanki> Here is what I'm using, (Tnumber), and I'd like to use the PageTitle instead http://jsfiddle.net/vrgWc/1/
478: [21:23:39] <Pat> sorry - URL segment should be returning Tnumber in that code
479: [21:24:32] * catcher has joined #silverstripe
480: [21:38:02] * dendeffe quit (Quit: dendeffe)
481: [21:41:27] * Pat quit (Quit: Page closed)
482: [21:43:04] <pippy> my entwine onmatch function doesn't call on load
483: [21:56:47] <Pyromanik> oh pat
484: [21:56:50] <Pyromanik> l2tab
485: [21:57:47] <Pyromanik> also why can't people use a normal paster instead of a damn jsfiddle
486: [21:58:27] <unsignedint> hi does anyone know where I can find the default web.config for silverstripe? Which github repo is it in?
487: [21:58:52] <unsignedint> pain in the ass client wants to host on Windows and I already deleted the web.config that came with the silverstripe install
488: [21:59:05] <nikrolls> Would that be silverstripe/installer ?
489: [21:59:13] <nikrolls> That's the root folder I think
490: [21:59:19] <Pyromanik> anyway Pat, if you read logs, you're overriding the wrong functions.
491: [21:59:28] <nikrolls> Then there's one in cms and one in framework
492: [21:59:40] <unsignedint> thanks
493: [21:59:50] <unsignedint> hmm interesting there doesnt seem to be any rewrite rules in it
494: [21:59:51] <Pyromanik> or get a real server?
495: [21:59:52] <Pyromanik> :P
496: [22:00:05] <Pyromanik> unsignedint: because iis6 doesn't do rewrites.
497: [22:00:13] <unsignedint> fuck IIS6
498: [22:00:24] <Pyromanik> I'm not entirely sure how iis7 does.
499: [22:00:36] <Pyromanik> but does it go in web.configs?
500: [22:00:44] <unsignedint> Pyromanik: its builtin. and yes it does
501: [22:00:54] <Pyromanik> also, the installer rewrites the .htaccess file, it probably rewrites the web.config file too.
502: [22:01:06] <unsignedint> stupid clients and their insisting on hosting sites on their own shitty windoes infrastructure
503: [22:01:10] <unsignedint> windows*
504: [22:01:12] <unsignedint> oh /rant
505: [22:01:15] <unsignedint> ok*
506: [22:01:16] <unsignedint> shit
507: [22:01:20] <Pyromanik> unsignedint: last time I read the install instructions for MS servers it was something you had to do manually I think.
508: [22:01:29] <unsignedint> anyway thanks, I will have a look
509: [22:01:29] <Pyromanik> unsignedint: I feel your pain.
510: [22:01:40] <Pyromanik> my answer is "We dont' support it, deal with it yourself"
511: [22:01:49] <Pyromanik> usually put slightly nicer.
512: [22:01:53] <Pyromanik> slightly.
513: [22:02:05] <Pyromanik> unsignedint: look at the docs for it.
514: [22:02:06] <Pyromanik> might help
515: [22:02:08] <Pyromanik> :)
516: [22:02:13] <Pyromanik> (might be too old too).
517: [22:02:16] <unsignedint> yep will link them to it
518: [22:02:24] <unsignedint> they wont allow me access to the server
519: [22:02:35] <Pyromanik> yeah, we had a client EXACTLY like this
520: [22:02:45] <Pyromanik> was all "I can't get it to run with MSSQL"
521: [22:02:53] <Pyromanik> and I was all "and what do you want ME to do about it?"
522: [22:03:07] <unsignedint> oh ive managed to convince them to use MySQL thankfully but they did want to use MSSQL to start with
523: [22:03:11] <Pyromanik> eventually he went away.
524: [22:03:32] <Pyromanik> silverstripe, the easiest system to set up ever.
525: [22:03:50] <Pyromanik> using a microsoft server: making internets retardedly hard since forevers.
526: [22:03:57] <Pyromanik> microsoft internets *
527: [22:04:01] <unsignedint> haha yeah they are at odds
528: [22:04:05] <Pyromanik> both client and server are shit.
529: [22:04:05] <nikrolls> Re rewrites, working on a client's website at the moment on Windows
530: [22:04:15] <nikrolls> Rewrites were automatic
531: [22:04:18] <nikrolls> Installer does them
532: [22:04:26] <unsignedint> although to be fair ASP.NET stuff is retardedly easy to set up on MS servers, probably because they have a vested interest in doing so
533: [22:04:43] <unsignedint> thanks nikrolls
534: [22:04:55] <nikrolls> But IIS7 complains about there being a / in some of the web.config values, you will have to find those and remove them if you get the same
535: [22:07:13] * MrJeremy has joined #silverstripe
536: [22:10:03] <gumble> is there anything I can do to check why my page type isn't using the corresponding template? they sure have the same name and I can't find anything helpfull in the docs
537: [22:13:10] <gumble> please if the question is obvious or so point me in the right direction, I really already tried everything I could and it already took the whole evening don't want to start of with that tomorrow again
538: [22:13:48] * gelignite quit (Quit: http://bit.ly/nkczDT)
539: [22:13:51] * pex quit (Quit: pex)
540: [22:17:35] * Peavers has joined #silverstripe
541: [22:21:35] <unsignedint> gumble: can you paste the code you think should be rendering the template?
542: [22:21:54] <unsignedint> or are you relying on the default template selection you get by returning an array() from a view method
543: [22:22:18] <unsignedint> Also, does anyone know how to do variable substitution in Include params, eg <%include UserConfigurableItem Value=$V30, Class="w30 right", ID=$RowClass_w30 %>
544: [22:22:32] <unsignedint> I want a string that contains the value of $RowClass with _w30 appended to it
545: [22:23:28] <unsignedint> ID="$RowClass_w30" and ID={$RowClass}_w30 dont work
546: [22:24:00] <unsignedint> or ID=${RowClass}_w30
547: [22:27:20] <gumble> unsignedint: I am relying on the default template selection
548: [22:27:57] <gumble> unsignedint: but what do you mean by "by returning an array() from a view method"
549: [22:29:10] * willr_ has joined #silverstripe
550: [22:29:11] * willr_ quit (Changing host)
551: [22:29:11] * willr_ has joined #silverstripe
552: [22:29:11] <gumble> Doesn't the cms automatically choose EditProfilePage.ss for Edit Profile Page - Pagetype
553: [22:29:30] <unsignedint> gumble: sorry controller method. I noticed that if you had 'return array()' in a controller method, then it would try and render ControllerName_Method.ss . eg returning array() from My_Controller->doSomething() would try and render the My_doSomething.ss template
554: [22:29:52] <unsignedint> gumble: the cms will automatically choose a template based on the controller name of the page
555: [22:30:21] <unsignedint> also try ?flush=1 if its cached some old thing
556: [22:30:25] <gumble> unsignedint: yes and that is what doesn't work somehow. It chooses the normal Page.ss instead of the EditProfilePage.ss
557: [22:30:38] <gumble> I build and flushed
558: [22:30:41] <unsignedint> id your controller called EditProfile_Controller?
559: [22:30:45] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
560: [22:30:56] <unsignedint> errr EditProfilePage_Controller
561: [22:30:59] <Pyromanik> unsignedint: gumble returning an array is detected automatically and inserted into a customise() call
562: [22:31:07] <Pyromanik> it should still use the correct template
563: [22:31:20] <gumble> unsignedint: I am using EditProfilePage.php
564: [22:31:25] <gumble> without the _Controller
565: [22:31:25] <Pyromanik> as it searches
566: [22:31:48] <Pyromanik> gumble: templates are fetched by the controller
567: [22:31:53] <Pyromanik> you need to know what controller you're using
568: [22:31:58] <unsignedint> gumble: thats fine, as long as the classes inside are EditProfilePage and EditProfilePage_Controller
569: [22:32:00] <Pyromanik> ?debug_request should tell you
570: [22:32:58] <gumble> Pyromanik: doesn't show me anything. I have EditProfilePage.php and in templates/layout there is EditProfilePage.ss. Still my Edit Profile Page doesn't use that template
571: [22:33:20] <gumble> unsignedint: yes exactly them both
572: [22:33:37] <gumble> should I post to the forums?
573: [22:33:50] <unsignedint> gumble: then the automatic template selection should be working... post your code on pastebin.com or something
574: [22:34:30] <gumble> unsignedint: which code? the controller? I practically copied everything from this nice tut: http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2010/site-members-registering-users-and-allowing-them-to-edit-their-details/
575: [22:34:59] <gumble> but I can post my EditProfilePage.php too wait
576: [22:35:52] * Colin[pi] has joined #silverstripe
577: [22:37:11] <gumble> unsignedint: EditProfilePage.ss is here http://pastebin.com/A8UL6SiV and here is EditProfilePage.php http://pastebin.com/Z99GPSDc
578: [22:40:31] <unsignedint> everything looks fine there. and your EditProfilePage.ss is in themes/<currently active theme>/templates/layout?
579: [22:41:16] <gumble> unsignedint: umgh..fuck that was it
580: [22:41:21] <unsignedint> :P
581: [22:41:34] <gumble> unsignedint: I had the wrong directory open in eclipse. that costed me sooo many hours :'(
582: [22:41:46] <unsignedint> I know your pain haha ive done similar things
583: [22:42:08] <gumble> you're a lifesaver thanks so much!
584: [22:42:13] <gumble> I am going to sleep now
585: [22:42:24] <unsignedint> youre welcome! have a good sleep now you can sleep easy
586: [22:42:35] <Pyromanik> gumble: get rid of your ?>
587: [22:42:42] <Pyromanik> never use them.
588: [22:42:46] <gumble> why that?
589: [22:42:52] <Pyromanik> because always never use it.
590: [22:43:00] <gumble> link?
591: [22:43:07] <Pyromanik> what?
592: [22:43:11] <gumble> to some smart stuff explaining that :D
593: [22:43:28] <Pyromanik> well because if you have one, it's easy to break your site.
594: [22:43:29] <gumble> I'll read it tomorow, I learned it that way that's why I am doing it
595: [22:43:49] <gumble> but start with <?php and end with ?> normal
596: [22:43:50] <Pyromanik> gumble: yeah, it's fine if you're writing normal PHP inside HTML
597: [22:43:52] <Pyromanik> like wordpress
598: [22:44:07] <Pyromanik> but if your file contains only php, like those filled with classes here
599: [22:44:12] <Pyromanik> you shouldn't use it
600: [22:44:26] <Pyromanik> because if you accidentally a space, or and \n, it's bre3ak
601: [22:44:39] <Pyromanik> white space is instantly output to the browser
602: [22:44:48] <Pyromanik> which breaks the system. All headers, content, etc.
603: [22:44:54] <gumble> Thanks, I'll keep that in mind
604: [22:45:08] <Pyromanik> whcih is also why the first thing in your file is always <?php
605: [22:45:15] <Pyromanik> because if you have characters before it
606: [22:45:17] <Pyromanik> same deal
607: [22:45:30] <Pyromanik> which is why it's important to use utf-8 WITHOUT BOM.
608: [22:45:53] <Pyromanik> anyway, that's probably not causing your issue, it's just good practice.
609: [22:45:58] <Pyromanik> someone in the weekend had that same problem.
610: [22:46:04] <Pyromanik> and it was all because of ?>
611: [22:46:11] <Colin[pi]> I still use the ?> but I'm careful with nothing appearing after it :)
612: [22:46:20] <gumble> Pyromanik: ok, thanks I have some stuff to read through tomorrow I think, didn't know of any of that. I'll go now
613: [22:46:28] <gumble> Have a good night all!
614: [22:46:37] <gumble> or day or whatever
615: [22:46:39] <Colin[pi]> nn
616: [22:46:50] * gumble has left #silverstripe
617: [22:51:33] <Peavers> My good friends, how does one get tidy support to work with SS? INstaller tells me its a warning, but I've got tidy installed on the server, anything else I need to do?
618: [22:51:47] * helenclarko has joined #silverstripe
619: [22:57:38] <Peavers> In other news, the installer seems to be broken in the latest dev build - wont accept any email address "Please enter an email address and password for the default administrator account before installing." regardless of whats entered.
620: [22:58:49] <helenclarko> Hi Chillu, do you have a moment to answer a question about the Recaptcha module?
621: [22:59:10] <chillu> Hello there, yep, briefly :)
622: [22:59:50] <helenclarko> I'm sure this wasnt a problem until recently... the layout of the recaptcha box has changed.
623: [22:59:52] <helenclarko> http://i41.tinypic.com/2yy4cp3.png
624: [23:00:23] <helenclarko> as you can see in the image above, its moved things around.
625: [23:00:26] <Pyromanik> Peavers: probably just ignore it
626: [23:00:33] <Pyromanik> installer is a bit of a mess.
627: [23:00:33] <Colin[pi]> helenclarko: i think it's because they've added the "Privacy & Terms" link
628: [23:00:44] <helenclarko> Ah right.
629: [23:00:46] <Colin[pi]> I had to restyle my standard recaptcha css a bit
630: [23:00:50] <Pyromanik> protip: no one uses it.
631: [23:00:58] <helenclarko> I see that the image is pulled from google.
632: [23:01:03] <Peavers> seems to be issues with the sli-script too
633: [23:01:14] <Peavers> can't run an install with composer without errors
634: [23:01:18] <Pyromanik> Peavers: because it's the same script?
635: [23:01:21] <Peavers> cli-script**
636: [23:01:27] <Pyromanik> Peavers: really?
637: [23:01:29] <Pyromanik> 3.1?
638: [23:01:30] <Pyromanik> 3.0?
639: [23:01:31] <Peavers> yup
640: [23:01:34] <Pyromanik> well
641: [23:01:37] <Peavers> Script php ./framework/cli-script.php dev/build handling the post-update-cmd event returned with an error:
642: [23:01:51] * Motoservo_ has joined #silverstripe
643: [23:01:54] <Pyromanik> wait, you're running the installer from the command line?
644: [23:02:14] * Motoservo quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
645: [23:02:15] * Motoservo_ is now known as Motoservo
646: [23:02:15] <Peavers> only as I can't install via ../install.php
647: [23:02:17] <Pyromanik> composer just grabs the files, it doesn't install for you
648: [23:02:28] <helenclarko> It still works fine, just looked odd. I was wondering if it was anything to do with the layout of the site I was creating.
649: [23:02:31] <Pyromanik> Peavers: what are you doing?
650: [23:02:34] <Peavers> Once you have done that, run 'composer install' or './framework/sake dev/build' to create
651: [23:02:35] <Peavers> an empty database.
652: [23:02:54] <Peavers> and since .../install.php is bust too, won't accept any email address, hence wont install
653: [23:03:13] <Pyromanik> what
654: [23:03:14] <Pyromanik> are
655: [23:03:17] <Pyromanik> I just don't even.
656: [23:03:20] <Peavers> lol
657: [23:03:28] <Peavers> silverstripe won't install.
658: [23:03:44] <Pyromanik> step 1: composer create-project silverstripe/installer folder version
659: [23:03:52] <Peavers> yes, done that.
660: [23:03:53] <Pyromanik> step 2: http://domain
661: [23:03:55] <Pyromanik> done.
662: [23:04:08] <Colin[pi]> helenclarko: have a mess around with the firebug inspector to see what is going on with it's css, that's what I'd do
663: [23:04:10] <Pyromanik> oh
664: [23:04:12] <Pyromanik> wait
665: [23:04:13] <Peavers> and the output was http://pastebin.com/4XZ7Cvhg
666: [23:04:23] <Peavers> so I then went ahead and did that,
667: [23:04:28] <Pyromanik> step 2: cat > _ss_environment.php
668: [23:04:30] <Peavers> and now here I am.
669: [23:04:33] <Peavers> yes done that
670: [23:04:36] <Pyromanik> <?php define blah
671: [23:04:43] <Pyromanik> step 3: http:// blah
672: [23:04:47] <Pyromanik> that's all ther is
673: [23:04:58] <Pyromanik> I don't know what you're up to, but it sounds extremely overcomplicated
674: [23:05:16] <Peavers> I've installed ss a million times and this is the first time its gone funny...
675: [23:05:22] * travis-ci has joined #silverstripe
676: [23:05:22] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] silverstripe/silverstripe-framework#219 (master - 2814e43 : Will Rossiter): The build passed.
677: [23:05:22] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/compare/0ecec246883b...2814e435688b
678: [23:05:22] <travis-ci> [travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/builds/7752919
679: [23:05:22] * travis-ci has left #silverstripe
680: [23:05:27] <Pyromanik> stop installing dev version?
681: [23:05:35] <Peavers> never!
682: [23:05:38] <helenclarko> Thanks colin, I will give that a go
683: [23:06:06] <chillu> helenclarko: the noscript fallback has a fixed width/height, but otherwise it should adjust to whatever google changes in their layout (given we just include the JS marker). See https://github.com/chillu/silverstripe-recaptcha/blob/master/code/RecaptchaField.php#L207
684: [23:06:17] <Pyromanik> lol Peavers
685: [23:06:28] <Pyromanik> I think it's time for you to reverse engineer the logs
686: [23:06:39] <Pyromanik> this is all too bleeding edge
687: [23:06:43] <Colin[pi]> helenclarko: I had to override some of Google's css because the new privacy link totally stuffed up the recaptcha on my responsive sites in the smallest width
688: [23:06:54] <Colin[pi]> lol pyromanik
689: [23:07:18] <chillu> Colin[pi]: any solution which we could generalize into the module, or add something to the readme?
690: [23:08:59] <Colin[pi]> chillu: well on mine I think the new privacy link looked OK on the standard sized recaptcha, just on my clipped width one for responsive sites it stuffed up
691: [23:09:06] <Peavers> ...solved it...
692: [23:09:07] <Colin[pi]> but I don't use the standard red theme
693: [23:09:13] <Peavers> was something funny with my database server.
694: [23:09:17] <Colin[pi]> I use the "clean" white one, or whatever it's called
695: [23:09:17] <Peavers> I live on the edge.
696: [23:12:58] <helenclarko> Colin[pi]: Yea, I found where its messing it up
697: [23:13:13] <Colin[pi]> is it the privacy link?
698: [23:13:19] <helenclarko> Yup
699: [23:13:22] <Colin[pi]> bingo
700: [23:14:40] <helenclarko> Thanks
701: [23:15:04] <Colin[pi]> np, only remembered because I fixed it a week or so ago on my own stuff :)
702: [23:22:41] * chillu quit (Quit: chillu)
703: [23:23:10] * MrJeremy has left #silverstripe
704: [23:31:01] <Pyromanik> bug bug bug bug bug!
705: [23:31:02] <Pyromanik> D:
706: [23:31:13] <Colin[pi]> yay
707: [23:32:59] <Pyromanik> http://sspaste.com/paste/show/51ad278c8adbd
708: [23:33:25] <Pyromanik> click on an "Equipment Page" in the CMS
709: [23:33:32] <Pyromanik> click "Add Page"
710: [23:33:36] <Pyromanik> "Page type "Equipment Page" not allowed as child of this parent page"
711: [23:33:43] <Pyromanik> click create anyway
712: [23:33:51] <Pyromanik> "Equipment Page successfully created!"
713: [23:34:02] <Pyromanik> I just don't even -.-
714: [23:34:52] <Pyromanik> what is going on here?
715: [23:35:01] <Pyromanik> what have I done wrong?
716: [23:35:41] <Pyromanik> dammit simon_w, why did you have to go on holiday?
717: [23:35:43] <Colin[pi]> become a programmer
718: [23:35:43] <Pyromanik> :<
719: [23:35:58] <Colin[pi]> that's what you did wrong :D
720: [23:36:32] <Pyromanik> sif
721: [23:37:07] <Pyromanik> programmers are the best in bed because they know how to push all the right buttons
722: [23:37:10] <Pyromanik> xD
723: [23:37:19] * catcher quit (Quit: Leaving)
724: [23:37:39] * Colin[pi] ponders this suggestion and has to agree
725: [23:42:26] * Stomach quit (Quit: Leaving.)
726: [23:51:14] <Colin[pi]> sigh
727: [23:51:26] <Colin[pi]> over a year of silverstriping and still making noob errors
728: [23:51:40] <Colin[pi]> (forgot to add form to allowed_actions and spent 10 minutes scratching my head as to the 404)
729: [23:52:41] <Pyromanik> Colin[pi]: happens.
730: [23:52:54] <Pyromanik> worse when it's a form action.
731: [23:53:00] <Pyromanik> you look at allowed actions and go "yup"
732: [23:53:20] <Pyromanik> because direct url access isn't to the action, but action still needs to be in allowed actions iirc
733: [23:53:29] <Colin[pi]> yeah ;(
734: [23:56:40] * Stomach has joined #silverstripe
735: [23:59:08] <willr_> Colin[pi] to be fair, requests weren't validated to allowed_actions till late in 2.4
736: [23:59:20] <willr_> back in the day anything went

These logs were automatically created by ss-log on irc.freenode.net.